Is Philippines the easiest country to get laid?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Philippines the easiest country to get laid?

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 5:17 pm
You are spot on...I guess you might say it hearkens back to colonial times, but the second girls is obviously more European looking. Lighter skinned spanish and Spanish/Chinese looks tend to win out.
It does trace back to colonial times but, as you may have yourself noticed while living in Mindanao, even unattractive Pinoys with those dark Malay/Indonesian features are on the look for fair skinned beauties.

It still surprises me to see, in Davao as well as Manila, the number of really unattractive young men with girls so cute we foreigners could only dream of them.

It does remind me that the first thing to do in order to get something is...to ask for it.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 5:20 pm
I am very happy it seems like you pulled this off! What do you think two years of looking would get you in the West?
Thanks a lot OW, much appreciated. As it turns out, it was a combination of personal stress, chronical lack of free time and, not least, the fact that Davao is just not the place to find girls who may want to date a foreigner for reasons other than jumping on the gravy jeepney and get a better life.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

AkitaMan wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 10:18 am
I get the impression that the vast majority of Filipina women who get with Western men are doing so to escape the poverty.
They are looking for a better life, is that so wrong? If you were a woman would you marry a guy that was an obvious bum? Is that the type of guy you would want to help raise your future children? And yes they want some help with their families too, since most of those families are living in poverty is that so wrong? It brings to mind the old saying about how it's just as easy to love a rich man as a poor one.
Yes financial security is a big part of it, but for most of them that isn't the only thing.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
AkitaMan
Freshman Poster

Post by AkitaMan »

Mr Natural wrote:
February 18th, 2018, 4:34 am
They are looking for a better life, is that so wrong? ... Yes financial security is a big part of it, but for most of them that isn't the only thing.
It's not wrong as long as she isn't just using him for his money. You believe that most of them aren't doing that, but I'd need to see it to be convinced that most is the right descriptor. As bad as the poverty there is, I'd think those girls feel a lot of pressure to make "compromises." Whether because of poverty or their own inclination, I'm sure some of them are downright mercenary. I get that the poverty there can be excruciating, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't heed the obvious dangers in an atmosphere like that.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

AkitaMan wrote:
February 18th, 2018, 9:13 am
I'm sure some of them are downright mercenary
Of course some of them are. You hear the stories about them everyday, they are numerous. If you want to talk about percentages, it all depends on the group you are considering. For example, if you are talking about girls online then yes I would say the percentage is quite high. But it's common sense, the type of girl who would put herself online really goes against the grain of the typical shy reserved filipina. What kind of girl do you think is likely to be online advertising herself to foreigners? If you were a good looking scamming filipina, where would you be? Not that you couldn't find a good one there, some have, but it's getting harder and harder. Trying to find em online is a big roll of the dice. On the other hand, if you look at ALL filipinas who get married each year , I suspect the percentage of scammers would be rather low. If you then limit it to just all who marry foreigners then no doubt the number goes up. But I just don't think they are all bad the way you seem to think. It really depends an enormous amount on what pond you are fishing in. A lot of the guys who end up scammed just didn't think things out and put themselves in position for it. Not saying they deserve it, just that they don't THINK.
AkitaMan wrote:
February 18th, 2018, 9:13 am
that doesn't mean we shouldn't heed the obvious dangers in an atmosphere like that.
Never said anybody shouldn't. But again you mention "an atmosphere like that". And again I say, depends on what pond you are fishing in.
Mike Tyson
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

@Mr Natural: let's not get into any delusion here. 99.9% of Filipinas who are looking for a foreigner, be him young or adult, an ugly slob or a handsome stud, are doing so looking for a better life, for themselves and their families.

Most of them are outright destitute and know that their only way out is via marriage to a foreign citizen and possibly moving to his home territory. Some of them have been struggling for years to get by, with varying degrees of success, and can't wait to stop the ordeal and put the burden of their existence (and that of the people who hopelessly depend on them) on someone else. Someone perceived as wealthier than they will ever be, responsible and...willing. Of course they will enjoy the sex part of it, especially if the man isn't completely hideous, yet that part will be nothing than a corollary to the certainty of living a better, safer, more predictable life.

I had a lengthy discussion with C, my gf, last night, after dinner. I am now living in Makati, about 10 minutes drive from her place (we live opposite sides of Makati) and the conversation, once again, came up about how keen she is to leave the Philippines. She is an Ateneo de Manila educated young professional who work for an international no-profit organisation, lives a very comfortable life in a large house in an elite enclave in Makati. And yet, since none of her immediate family live in the Philippines (she lost both her parents and her two brothers live in London and Paris, respectively), she sees fewer and fewer reasons to be here.

Although she never admitted it directly, she is a bit at odds with my choice to invest at least another 6 months in the Philippines, to complete a Client project (a mobile app platform for a large energy group). She basically can't wait to marry and for me to get convinced to move to a country that is not so plagued by traffic, pollution and corruption.

Having lived or at least sampled the very placed she would love to escape to, I counterbalanced her view with my somewhat more cynical one: yes, I could still have a relatively high-paying IT job in London and yes, with her credential she might be able to land a decent job, if not a career, after she gets her Visa. Yet, when one consider the 40/45% taxation, the high cost of living and the general ugliness of daily living as a stranger among strangers (such is the Disunited Kingdom), the proposition doesn't sound that enticing anymore. I told her that, if I manage to establish myself as a consultant for large enterprise and financial/fintech companies, even $4,000 a month would be very sufficient to lead a comfortable life in one of the best parts of Manila (Makati, BGC, some bits of Pasay, Ortigas or Quezon City).

The debate goes on. Suffice to say that, if even a girl like C who has no compelling reason to leave Manila, other than the pain of taking 45+ minutes to drive from Fort Bonifacio from south Makati, you can imagine what a girl who will never have a chance to a decent job and a decent life on her own, will come up with, in order to change things.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

publicduende wrote:
February 19th, 2018, 5:44 pm
@Mr Natural: let's not get into any delusion here. 99.9% of Filipinas who are looking for a foreigner, be him young or adult, an ugly slob or a handsome stud, are doing so looking for a better life, for themselves and their families.

Most of them are outright destitute and know that their only way out is via marriage to a foreign citizen and possibly moving to his home territory. Some of them have been struggling for years to get by, with varying degrees of success, and can't wait to stop the ordeal and put the burden of their existence (and that of the people who hopelessly depend on them) on someone else. Someone perceived as wealthier than they will ever be, responsible and...willing. Of course they will enjoy the sex part of it, especially if the man isn't completely hideous, yet that part will be nothing than a corollary to the certainty of living a better, safer, more predictable life.

I had a lengthy discussion with C, my gf, last night, after dinner. I am now living in Makati, about 10 minutes drive from her place (we live opposite sides of Makati) and the conversation, once again, came up about how keen she is to leave the Philippines. She is an Ateneo de Manila educated young professional who work for an international no-profit organisation, lives a very comfortable life in a large house in an elite enclave in Makati. And yet, since none of her immediate family live in the Philippines (she lost both her parents and her two brothers live in London and Paris, respectively), she sees fewer and fewer reasons to be here.

Although she never admitted it directly, she is a bit at odds with my choice to invest at least another 6 months in the Philippines, to complete a Client project (a mobile app platform for a large energy group). She basically can't wait to marry and for me to get convinced to move to a country that is not so plagued by traffic, pollution and corruption.

Having lived or at least sampled the very placed she would love to escape to, I counterbalanced her view with my somewhat more cynical one: yes, I could still have a relatively high-paying IT job in London and yes, with her credential she might be able to land a decent job, if not a career, after she gets her Visa. Yet, when one consider the 40/45% taxation, the high cost of living and the general ugliness of daily living as a stranger among strangers (such is the Disunited Kingdom), the proposition doesn't sound that enticing anymore. I told her that, if I manage to establish myself as a consultant for large enterprise and financial/fintech companies, even $4,000 a month would be very sufficient to lead a comfortable life in one of the best parts of Manila (Makati, BGC, some bits of Pasay, Ortigas or Quezon City).

The debate goes on. Suffice to say that, if even a girl like C who has no compelling reason to leave Manila, other than the pain of taking 45+ minutes to drive from Fort Bonifacio from south Makati, you can imagine what a girl who will never have a chance to a decent job and a decent life on her own, will come up with, in order to change things.
You could live in a smaller city in the Philippines. Baguio, Olongapo, Cagayan de oro, etc etc. Or move to some other non western country (Colombia, Mexico, etc), possibly somewhere where there are lots of expats so at least you'll have people to speak english with. You could live 8 months of the year in one of those places.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Mr Natural wrote:
They are looking for a better life
publicduende wrote:
Mr Natural: let's not get into any delusion here. 99.9% of Filipinas who are looking for a foreigner, be him young or adult, an ugly slob or a handsome stud, are doing so looking for a better life, for themselves and their families.
There seems to be something about this forum that seriously degrades people's ability to read and comprehend. I think Winston should look into this, it might be some kind of conspiracy.
Mike Tyson
AkitaMan
Freshman Poster

Post by AkitaMan »

Mr Natural wrote:
February 19th, 2018, 2:38 am
But I just don't think they are all bad the way you seem to think.
I never said they were all bad, and "bad" isn't even what I had in mind. My point is this: Are the motivations of her love (if it's love at all) acceptable to you? That's a big question even when it's a solvent woman from your own country. Add a nation racked by intense poverty, and the question becomes a lot more pressing. There are good ones out there, but a man there really should be extra cautious. That's all I'm saying.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mr Natural wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 4:09 am
Mr Natural wrote:
They are looking for a better life
publicduende wrote:
Mr Natural: let's not get into any delusion here. 99.9% of Filipinas who are looking for a foreigner, be him young or adult, an ugly slob or a handsome stud, are doing so looking for a better life, for themselves and their families.
There seems to be something about this forum that seriously degrades people's ability to read and comprehend. I think Winston should look into this, it might be some kind of conspiracy.
LOL I know it might sound shocking at first but it's not a conspiracy: I was just repeating what you said, agreeing with you and elaborating further. :)
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Well you said "let's not get into any delusion" so ....

In any event, I have confidence in Winston to find a conspiracy wherever he may look. He does have quite the track record.
Mike Tyson
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mr Natural wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 2:17 am
Well you said "let's not get into any delusion" so ....
@Mr Natural

I was actually using the new PhpBB mention feature. To notify you (the recipient of my reply), I put your name prefixed by the @ sign. Since you have a space in your nickname, I don't even know if it worked. You should receive a notification every time there's a mention.