Paranoia of people in the states

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by OzGuy »

I agree, it's exactly the same in australia.

Here in Switzerland it's completely the opposite. Every day I see children as young as 6 walking to and from school on their own. No parent would ever allow this in Australia!

Also women here aren't so afraid of men either. They don't think that every man out there is a potential rapist or murderer. In australia it is interesting to observe the behavior of women when they enter a bus or train. They scan the area and choose a seat as far away as possible from all men. This is why you often see clusters of women sitting together. Secondly whenever I have been walking down the street at night and a woman is heading my direction, she will quickly cross the road to get away from me once she realises I'm a man.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

golgi wrote:Bonus points to whoever can discern the political-end to having a society wherein trust is non-existant in the general-population. Think about what the root of political power is.
A population divided against itself -- and easily controlled.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

It's a combination of the schooling system that teaches kids from early on to (Gasp!) avoid strangers as much as you possibly can, and the Media that encourages this type of behavior throughout people's lives.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

HenryGeorge wrote:It's a combination of the schooling system that teaches kids from early on to (Gasp!) avoid strangers as much as you possibly can, and the Media that encourages this type of behavior throughout people's lives.
Yes, that's exactly what it is. We are taught from an early age "don't talk to strangers." This is a good idea for children but as adults we carry that same mindset with us.

The news media bambards the airwaves with stories like "a woman was found raped and beaten" and "a woman was robbed at gunpoint" and "an intruder broke into a woman's home and raped her." You hear these news stories everyday on the radio and tv. You also hear about "stalkers" that are going after women.

When women hear these news stories everyday year after year, they become paranoid of men and try to avoid men as much as possible. Maybe this explains why cold approaching women does not work in America, the women are just too fearful of men.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

It is funny because in the States i asked a kid to just take a picture for me with my camera and i offered to even pay him and he looked at me like i had four heads.In Brazil kids openly will talk to you and are not as nearly afraid of men.In rio kids where coming up on me asking for money but for a shoe shine though,i declined and just gave them a couple of bucks to help them out.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was wondering about this. How is it that people who live in more dangerous and chaotic societies with higher petty crime, such as Russia or Latin America, are far less paranoid of strangers, than people in very safe societies such as the US suburbs or Taiwan, where people live in constant fear of strangers?

Is there a logical explanation for this? It seems to go the opposite of logic.

Ladislav, what do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Good morning Mr. Wu. :D
Time to Hide!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In Switzerland as well as in Japan you have a highly educated population. Can't say the same about US, Auz, etc.

Ladislav, what do you think?

Maybe the cause and effect are reversed here? Because they are not afraid of strangers may be the reason why the crime is so high.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
FreeWanderer
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeWanderer »

Its not just fear/Paranoia- its the fact that people are "burnt out" socially.

In America, we are forced into abiding by a completely unnatural form of socialization- we must fake smile everywhere we go, we must go through "pleasantries" with acquaintances we don't really know, acting as though we care- many people are put off when someone does decide to get personal and tell a person that they aren't doing okay.

Many of the people working are in service jobs where everyone has to act like they are super happy all the time, and the reality is the people being served are total assholes. It create a bitterness in people that they never have time to recover from.

No one wants take time to get to know anyone anymore because everyone is convinced the person approaching them is looking to get their money, or "get" something out of them. How often do people you know call you up and offer to help you out, or invite you to a dinner they are cooking? Apart from my parents, its never happened.

The only friendly people to ever approach me are usually trying to sell me something. If a girl, out of the blue, started chatting me up and was making the effort to make flirty conversation with me, the first thing out of my mouth would- "I'm flattered, but i don't mess with prosti-tutes."

Either everyone is afraid or burnt out. It is important to put plenty of blame on the business obcessed culture of the West.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

FreeWanderer wrote:Its not just fear/Paranoia- its the fact that people are "burnt out" socially.

In America, we are forced into abiding by a completely unnatural form of socialization- we must fake smile everywhere we go, we must go through "pleasantries" with acquaintances we don't really know, acting as though we care- many people are put off when someone does decide to get personal and tell a person that they aren't doing okay.

Many of the people working are in service jobs where everyone has to act like they are super happy all the time, and the reality is the people being served are total assholes. It create a bitterness in people that they never have time to recover from.

No one wants take time to get to know anyone anymore because everyone is convinced the person approaching them is looking to get their money, or "get" something out of them. How often do people you know call you up and offer to help you out, or invite you to a dinner they are cooking? Apart from my parents, its never happened.

The only friendly people to ever approach me are usually trying to sell me something. If a girl, out of the blue, started chatting me up and was making the effort to make flirty conversation with me, the first thing out of my mouth would- "I'm flattered, but i don't mess with prosti-tutes."

Either everyone is afraid or burnt out. It is important to put plenty of blame on the business obcessed culture of the West.
Excellent point! I bitch and complain about how bank fees, processing fees, and all kinds of other shit I deal with daily have hidden costs, but to my wife she thinks I am just being cranky. In China, people are not always charged fees for the smallest things. I am having to teach her that in America, if anyone offers you anything, always ask them "How Much?" first because nothing is free and everything here is for sale. There is ALWAYS some motherf***er constantly putting his hands in my pockets in some way..

Anyone approaching you these days are trying to sell you something. That is what makes Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses easy as hell to spot down the street. If anything they should probably shift their approaches to online cold approaches and hire hackers to surprise people online. This is also the reason why cold approaches in the US have an enormous failure rate. Even guys with high lay counts also receive a high proportion of failures.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The more you barrow the more you go in debt, the more you go in debt the more you become land of the fee rather than land of the free.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Moretorque wrote:The more you barrow the more you go in debt, the more you go in debt the more you become land of the fee rather than land of the free.
Good one :lol:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

FreeWanderer wrote:Its not just fear/Paranoia- its the fact that people are "burnt out" socially.

Yes, in America, if someone approaches you, they either want to sell you something or try to convert you to their religion.

What I really hate is being at a stop light and having someone come up to my car window and try to get me to donate money to their cause. Please leave me alone, I am just stopping at a red light, can't I be left alone sitting at a red light in my car? :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Post by FlyingMoose »

golgi wrote:and then there's the whole Fukishima thing.
Excellent unintentional example of American paranoia.