America = Ignorance...Burma = Fear

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

America = Ignorance...Burma = Fear

Post by Voice of Reason »

This past month or so I've been traveling around Burma and reading about the Burmese government. Similar to the US government, the Burmese government also has extensive propaganda programs to hold the TRUTH from the people. But from what I can gather, they each have a different way of going about it:

> The Burmese government rules through FEAR.

> The US government rules through STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE.

In Burma, peopled who speak up and spread the truth are punished severely. In America people who spread the truth are simply ridiculed.

There are a large number of people in Burma who would like to have access to information, but it is extremely dangerous for them to read unapproved books and attend forums. In America the information is right before people very eyes, but they are too dumb to grasp it.

There are people working underground in Burma to spread knowledge, and they live in fear. People who work to spread knowledge in America live in frustration at constantly being ignored.

What do you think of all this?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

In the U.S. there is the delusion that the country is free when it isn't the case. At least other countries are more honest about how totalitarian they are and not try to hide it as well as the U.S. government does.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Seems to me there some investment opportunities - http://newsroom.agorafinancial.com/chri ... l-account/

I don't have time to dissect the media information campaign, JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: America = Ignorance...Burma = Fear

Post by Teal Lantern »

Voice of Reason wrote:This past month or so I've been traveling around Burma and reading about the Burmese government. Similar to the US government, the Burmese government also has extensive propaganda programs to hold the TRUTH from the people. But from what I can gather, they each have a different way of going about it:

> The Burmese government rules through FEAR.

> The US government rules through STUPIDITY and IGNORANCE.

In Burma, peopled who speak up and spread the truth are punished severely. In America people who spread the truth are simply ridiculed.

There are a large number of people in Burma who would like to have access to information, but it is extremely dangerous for them to read unapproved books and attend forums. In America the information is right before people very eyes, but they are too dumb to grasp it.

There are people working underground in Burma to spread knowledge, and they live in fear. People who work to spread knowledge in America live in frustration at constantly being ignored.

What do you think of all this?
Never been there.
My interest is along the lines of DJ4$'s; what is the investment climate like?
http://www.sovereignman.com/?s=burma
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

djfourmoney wrote:Seems to me there some investment opportunities - http://newsroom.agorafinancial.com/chri ... l-account/

I don't have time to dissect the media information campaign, JUST FOLLOW THE MONEY.
So there has been investment opportunities at times in the past...only for all the foreign investors to be kicked out of the country. It seems that nowadays things are different and the country really is starting to open up...but who knows what the regime could do in the future.