Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Travel styles when going abroad??

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Travel styles when going abroad??

Postby TheOneandOnly » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Ok this year has been the first year when Ive traveled by myself. Taken several trips to a wide variety of countries. The common thing in all my trips is accommodation- always hostels. This is not really a financial decision at all....I probably would stay in hostels if they were they same price as apartments/hotels (which practically was the case in a couple of cities). In a number of cases the hostel has 'made' my trip (perhaps my aims when going abroad are different from mots). Ive read quite a few reports on here with some of you guys going abroad and renting apartments even when alone? Does this not get boring? Does nobody stay in hostels? What do you do all day? I believe age does play a factor in this right? Im still in 20's (albeit late 20s) and usually the hostels are full of slightly younger people (I always choose the most social hostels).
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Postby TheOneandOnly » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Bump :)
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Postby sushiman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 am

After I started developing friends abroad I use that network when planning a trip. Usually a girl has a friend who has a friend who has a spare room or will went you an apartment at a special friend-price. Plus not speaking the language, knowing locals is where it's at.

Personally I don't like hostels cause I like my space.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby TheOneandOnly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 pm

sushiman wrote:After I started developing friends abroad I use that network when planning a trip. Usually a girl has a friend who has a friend who has a spare room or will went you an apartment at a special friend-price. Plus not speaking the language, knowing locals is where it's at.

Personally I don't like hostels cause I like my space.

Ok thanks for the response. Do you do this even if you are traveling around....like to more than one country on a single trip? Does hanging around with the same person not get boring?
TheOneandOnly
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions