You can't buy time.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: You can't buy time.

Post by Jackal »

The feeling of "permanence" is just another illusion created by the mind when in reality, things are always constantly changing.
But anyway, after you've lived in a foreign country and had friends there for 3 or 4 years, then it will feel "permanent enough" and you might have a hard time remembering too much about what your life used to be like before you moved there. At least this is how I feel. My past life in America is now nothing but a distant dream.

And if you want to date a foreign woman who is your age or a few years older, then you can certainly do that. There is no rule that says you must date a younger woman (although this is what most men prefer). Do what makes you happy.

You may feel that have wasted much of your life, but is that any excuse to keep wasting yet more of your life? I really don't think so...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

the notion "time is an illusion caused by human perception of change" is understood conceptually by many people, but very few can fully comprehend its full meaning and tranformative power in relation to our lives.

we possess an awareness in each waking moment which is timeless and boundless. yet we are subjected to time and bound by subjective perception due to the illusion of ego. ego is perception based on the seemingly independent relationship between our body and the rest of the world. we perceive ourselves as seperate fragments, we then acquire various beliefs and ideas about our "selves" via our memory which we then use to conduct our intentions and motivations for our actions. this process is highly exasperated by influence from other humans via programming by language.

the world we experience is merely a mirrage of various phenomina, sights, sounds, thoughts, feelings etc. which are in constant flux, nothing more than that and no need for any more complex definitions than that. it is all a bunch of neutral energy we are experiencing through our awareness. however, it is essential for us to place imortance onto some aspects of energy rather than others, because we need to sustain our survival. once that is acheived, valuing and differentiating should stop there, and we should remember the truth about all phenomena being neutral in essense and live on that basis as to not become bounded by an illusional perception of our relationship to the world. but instead, humanity has completely forgotten the truth, and begun placing value in a multitude of various things solely out of vanity after ego competitiveness arose over time. this is why there is suffering in the world.

to wake up from this illusion is to live with amazing peace and bliss. all you have to do is be awareness rather than form. the philosophy on life i have outlined, or a similar one with the same basic principles, has to be fully understood, then you can be motivated enough to move towards consciousness. from the time you start until you are awakened, at all times you need to remain observent and neutral to every though which arises in your mind. keep your focused attention always on your nasal breath. when you move physically, switch your attention onto whatever part of your body is in motion, then revert it back to your breath. do sitting meditation at every moment you can. assess each and every motivation and intention for action, mental or physical. the goal in this is to remain purely as awareness and to veiw everything happening in the physical world simply as various neutral and impersonal chaniging phenomena. if you do this, you will find peace and bliss greater than you could imagine. living as an awakened ego in your personal life, which alows you to be blissful regardless of what you are doing, is the single greatest possible occurence anyone in the universe could possibly experience.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

OzGuy wrote:I felt exactly the same as you. I am going on 30 this year and the past 12 years of my life have been wasted with isolation, depression and no friends. I was an introvert living in an extroverted country (Australia) and never felt like I fit in.

So finally this year I decided to do something about it. I packed my stuff and moved to the other side of the world (Switzerland). I had never even been to Europe before and here I was moving to a country I have never been before and can't even speak the native language.

Since being here a few months I can say it was the best decision of my life. I now have a German girlfriend who is absolutely perfect and puts Aussie women to shame. I also fit into the culture more as it is an introverted culture.

Do not worry about approaching 30, the best years of your dating life are yet to come! Once you hit 30's you are actually MORE desirable to women, and the tables slowly start to turn.

Do yourself a favor and get out of the anglosphere first. Pack up and start a new life elsewhere. You won't regret it!
That's interesting, I was thinking that myself. That maybe instead of looking for a place with outgoing people it would be better to find more introverted people so you would understand each other.

America has a lot of "outgoing" people but it's really phony and robotic, people don't necessarily have anything to say they're just rattling off. Like "how are you doing?" constantly when nobody cares. People just walks around all day constantly asking each other how they are doing, makes me want to avoid everyone.

They really don't have good social skills because they don't listen to the other person much at all.

How are you doing?
Hi!
Good.

That conversation happens several times a day. The other person ignores that I simply said "Hi" in return and says "Good" because they didn't even listen to my response.

I should try to inject some nonsense in there to see if they catch it.

How are you doing?
I like pants.
Good.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

Of course this one happens just as often.

How you doing?
How you doing?

Beam me up Scotty, these people don't know what words mean.

If you really want to f**k with them do this:

How you doing?
Aw not too good, my mom's in the hospital the cancer relapsed again and I've been having these back problems on and off.
(backs away horrified the person said anything other than "Great!" or "How you doin")
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

odbo wrote:If you have nothing to live for think about having children. I know many of you treat this like a death sentence but that belief was given to you by the same "tribe" that demoralized you in the first place. You have a perverted perception of reality and probably the best way to regain your sight is to go live amongst healthy people (you won't find this in America). You can also read old books and try to imagine (or remember back to your childhood) how life was before this corrupted period. Religions may also provide guidance.

Life has many stages. Only in a sick society like America do they focus on the high school prom as the climax of your life. Life is not a contest for who has had the most fun, it is ultimately a test.

I don't mind progressing through stages but I feel missed some. The woman on the right will eventually look like the woman on the left. I can accept living with the woman on the left in old age as long as I got to enjoy her while she was young. But I increasingly doubt I'll get a young woman who's interested in a serious relationship. Even if I can get one I have this feeling that she'll get bored with me since she'll be at an earlier stage of life. I just have a lot of doubts overal.

I do want children. But I question how happy they will be because they'll be growing up without grand parents from my side of the family. So I can't fix this.
OzGuy wrote:I felt exactly the same as you. I am going on 30 this year and the past 12 years of my life have been wasted with isolation, depression and no friends. I was an introvert living in an extroverted country (Australia) and never felt like I fit in.

So finally this year I decided to do something about it. I packed my stuff and moved to the other side of the world (Switzerland). I had never even been to Europe before and here I was moving to a country I have never been before and can't even speak the native language.

Since being here a few months I can say it was the best decision of my life. I now have a German girlfriend who is absolutely perfect and puts Aussie women to shame. I also fit into the culture more as it is an introverted culture.

Do not worry about approaching 30, the best years of your dating life are yet to come! Once you hit 30's you are actually MORE desirable to women, and the tables slowly start to turn.

Do yourself a favor and get out of the anglosphere first. Pack up and start a new life elsewhere. You won't regret it!
I somewhat doubt this idea of becoming more attractive as you hit 30. Even if I did how many women will be serious about it? Also if you're a lot older than your wife you'll die before her. She'll be an unhappy widow. Doesn't this occur to men who bag someone 20 or 30 years younger than them?
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

odbo wrote:If you have nothing to live for think about having children. I know many of you treat this like a death sentence but that belief was given to you by the same "tribe" that demoralized you in the first place. You have a perverted perception of reality and probably the best way to regain your sight is to go live amongst healthy people (you won't find this in America). You can also read old books and try to imagine (or remember back to your childhood) how life was before this corrupted period. Religions may also provide guidance.

Life has many stages. Only in a sick society like America do they focus on the high school prom as the climax of your life. Life is not a contest for who has had the most fun, it is ultimately a test.

I don't mind progressing through stages but I feel missed some. The woman on the right will eventually look like the woman on the left. I can accept living with the woman on the left in old age as long as I got to enjoy her while she was young. But I increasingly doubt I'll get a young woman who's interested in a serious relationship. Even if I can get one I have this feeling that she'll get bored with me since she'll be at an earlier stage of life. I just have a lot of doubts overal.

I do want children. But I question how happy they will be because they'll be growing up without grand parents from my side of the family. So I can't fix this.

I somewhat doubt this idea of becoming more attractive as you hit 30. Even if I did how many women will be serious about it? Also if you're a lot older than your wife you'll die before her. She'll be an unhappy widow. Doesn't this occur to men who bag someone 20 or 30 years younger than them?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ginger wrote: What got me out of my most profound rut of jadedness is going hermit (no gadgets, no tv, no internet) and that forced me to experience things again in clear and vivid detail. Going for the raw experience instead of being behind the bubble of the modern world and cultural expectations can cure jadedness.
This worked for me at one time. I endorse it!