Rebel with a Cause

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Rebel with a Cause

Post by abcdavid01 »

"If he had guts to knock Mom cold once, then maybe she'd be happy and then she'd stop picking on him." - Jim Stark (James Dean), Rebel Without a Cause

I decided not to post this thread in the film section because the topic is much more general. Rebel Without a Cause is a classic film, but I am shocked at how little commentary there is on its themes. Perhaps the Feminists just want to shove it under the rug. Its title is ironic because James Dean does have a cause in the film and it is one and the same with our own. Feminism wouldn't have a name until two decades after its release, but the societal decay could be felt in the air. I am not advocating violence as suggested in the quote above, but Rebel depicts a teen yearning for guidance because his own father has become a pussified man servant. A mangina, to use the phrase of posters here. His mother assumed the power, his father became weak, and gender relations became horribly distorted. It is a criticism of Feminism at a time before it became public. This is a fascinating film that I well recommended for anyone on here. There's no way such a film could be made today because people would see what it is and the Hollywood Pinkos would go crazy. But if there were more of these types of films we could counteract the entitled Feminist propaganda so prevalent in modern media.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Re: Rebel with a Cause

Post by sushiman »

abcdavid01 wrote:There's no way such a film could be made today...
I haven't seen that film in a long time, hmm should rent it again.

If you want to see another great film that would NEVER be made today watch Marlon Brando in "A Streetcar Named Desire". The acting is brilliant, and it's a movie that would never be made today, and was in fact walking the line even back then. Brando walks around "caveman-style" the entire movie; barking out orders, grunting, throwing dishes against the wall, fighting, and in general doing exactly what he feels like doing without any filter. He didn't win the Oscar, of course for political reasons.

Brando actually did a screen test for Rebel Without a Cause too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNttN3hiEw
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Brando pigging out on greezy chicken and putting chicks in their place LOL...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT4ZHcF4 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

abcdavid01 wrote:"If he had guts to knock Mom cold once, then maybe she'd be happy and then she'd stop picking on him." - Jim Stark (James Dean), Rebel Without a Cause

I decided not to post this thread in the film section because the topic is much more general. Rebel Without a Cause is a classic film, but I am shocked at how little commentary there is on its themes. Perhaps the Feminists just want to shove it under the rug. Its title is ironic because James Dean does have a cause in the film and it is one and the same with our own. Feminism wouldn't have a name until two decades after its release, but the societal decay could be felt in the air. I am not advocating violence as suggested in the quote above, but Rebel depicts a teen yearning for guidance because his own father has become a pussified man servant. A mangina, to use the phrase of posters here. His mother assumed the power, his father became weak, and gender relations became horribly distorted. It is a criticism of Feminism at a time before it became public. This is a fascinating film that I well recommended for anyone on here. There's no way such a film could be made today because people would see what it is and the Hollywood Pinkos would go crazy. But if there were more of these types of films we could counteract the entitled Feminist propaganda so prevalent in modern media.
I have studied this film myself, and the real Rebel was Plato, who was rejected by everyone for being different. Evidence was he was the one who was shot.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

abcdavid01 wrote:But if there were more of these types of films we could counteract the entitled Feminist propaganda so prevalent in modern media.
Exactly. Anyone have some rental suggestions??

...probably we have to go back to the 1950s when dudes didn't act like douche bags. ;)