Dear Winston, You Need To Make Some Big Changes In Your Life

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Re OP, Winston has been there and done that. Read his journals. I think he even went out on missions to spread the message when he was a believer.

However, after a year or two, he became disillusioned with it and ended up writing long essays debunking the Christian faith. Some of those writing might even be available somewhere on this website. So do you really expect him to take your suggestion seriously?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

Rock wrote:
Maker55 wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
celery2010 wrote: that I believe years and years of man-whoring in SE Asia isn't good for anyone's well being.
Well, when I become a millionaire (& get to log in many years of SEA b@inking), I'll give you my assessment if you're correct :wink:

All and all, my afar observation of Winston is that he has the same issues as everyone else in in the globe but doesn't have the ability to compartmentalize them into ensembles. His career problems spill into his relationships with others [ friends or girlfriends ], and vice versa. There's a net averaging out of all his issues into a singular platform of underachievement.

So while you may find a lot of guys in America, with miserable marriages a/o interpersonal relationships but they may be also top sales 'Rainmakers', highly billable Patent Attorneys, IT or MC consultants, or simply 'A/A-' students [ who may later get into medical school ]. Thus, they've successfully barricaded their vocation from the misery of relationships in America.

I believe that the answer lies in compartmentalization, not in joining a church (nor in channeling spirit guides). In other words, find one activity, whether it be Indonesian Martial Arts, Bodybuilding, Jazz guitar, or whatever. Practice it daily until one achieves some level of competency, and then, continue doing it until one can call himself a master of sorts. Then afterwards, he can decide if he wants to start afresh in America or somewhere else.
Dude, read Winston's resume. It's somewhere on the homepage.

I'm not qualified to solve anyone's problems but before Winston left America, he appeared on television and in commercials.

Winston was a pretty good actor in television and theatre and he enjoyed it. Why could he not focus on that?

Winston is too lazy and has too little confidence to be ambitious about anything.
I'm pretty sure he was just an extra who appeared on 1 or 2 backgrounds. Anyone can do that. Heck, if u like acting, there are lots of parts available to white and black foreigners in commercials, TV shows, and even movies sometimes in places like Taiwan, Thailand, and China. It's not very difficult to get in on some of those opportunities, especially if you have local language skills.
Doubtful, most people who try out for roles in America don't get them as I've been involved in the film scene in America.

We don't know how far he could have gotten because he left for Russia.

I don't know how the film scene is in Asia.

Well, a role is a role and even minor roles are hard to get in film.

He's been on television 5 times and on film 3 times as well.

He's also been involved in radio and magazines.

Maybe a possible journalism or radio career???

He has been on the theater stage 5 times as well.

I mean it's a start and it's better than whining and complaining all the time about how much your life sucks.

Accord to Winston's story he had some of best times when he was on stage for theater.

At some point he needs to want better for himself.

All of that talent gone to waste. Here's his acting/show biz resume: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... miHTD7hqWg
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 3rd, 2013, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Have you ever noticed that it is easier to see someone else's problem than it is to see your own?
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

MrPeabody wrote:Have you ever noticed that it is easier to see someone else's problem than it is to see your own?
everyone has problems on a personality level. but to mistake this personality as who you are rather than just a role playing mechanism created for convinience to interact with others and sustain living, that is the ultimate problem because it denies you the freedom you were naturally born to have, and makes you nothing more than a slave to a feedback loop of conditioning in your mind.

once the feedback loop has ceased, the ridiculousness of how many people are living or aspiring to live is revealed, and it is ones duty to inform them about it. or at least attempt to.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Renata wrote:religion is the most evil thing out there... I swear! and celery2010 couldn't you have just sent the man a private message?
well, ok, perhaps the religion part is optional, unless a person has truly hit rock bottom. What i wanted to point out is that "good, responsible guys" often do finish first in Asia, and Winston points this out too.

As far as having sent this by PM, i would just read the thing over, reply and say thanks and i'll look into it and never get any further. Having it on the forum keeps it alive, helps to keep tabs on progress and others can also give tips/suggestions.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

celery2010 wrote:
As far as having sent this by PM, i would just read the thing over, reply and say thanks and i'll look into it and never get any further. Having it on the forum keeps it alive, helps to keep tabs on progress and others can also give tips/suggestions.
Except that he seems to be ignoring it, lol. Perhaps he will get back to it in a few months the way he sometimes does with PMs and emails. Such is the time management of the world's most unique and freethinking Asian.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Us Asian dudes in Latin America

Post by Falcon »

Talking is one thing, doing is another.

We'll just drag Winston off that island without warning, and take him to Latin America.
Mguy and I will show him how to speak Spanish and dance Latin-style.
Mguy will teach him salsa, and I'll teach him the infamous Mexican grito (ajuaaajajajayyy!) to get rid of all that Taiwanese repression.

It will be even better than his old adventures in Eastern Europe.
Winston will sure have the time of his life in Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Peru, and more! :D
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Re: Us Asian dudes in Latin America

Post by Mr S »

Falcon wrote:Talking is one thing, doing is another.

We'll just drag Winston off that island without warning, and take him to Latin America.
Mguy and I will show him how to speak Spanish and dance Latin-style.
Mguy will teach him salsa, and I'll teach him the infamous Mexican grito (ajuaaajajajayyy!) to get rid of all that Taiwanese repression.

It will be even better than his old adventures in Eastern Europe.
Winston will sure have the time of his life in Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Peru, and more! :D
If you are willing to pay for everything to get him to travel someplace and accompany him then he would do it. Winston doesn't like to spend money unless he has to, period. This is why he hasn't taken any short trips anywhere in Asia even though he is in a prime location with lots of budget flights to all parts of Asia available from Taiwan. By the time he thinks he has saved enough money to travel he will be too old to thoroughly enjoy himself and wonder what happened?
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Ginger wrote:
Renata wrote:religion is the most evil thing out there...I swear!

True!
It's brain-washing... & too much conformity... it's also the easiest way to control a large group of people.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Renata wrote:
Ginger wrote:

True!
It's brain-washing... & too much conformity... it's also the easiest way to control a large group of people.
humans are that way. religion is meant to be a way of imposing truth on society. however all impositions are doomed for failure. truth is the simplest message in existence, but there are no words to describe it. any words used become lies, then the human mind exasperates thoses lies by a million and you end up with pure evil.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Renata wrote:
Ginger wrote:

True!
I think we have to understand what a religion really is though. For example, what Banano pointed out is how religion can be used for good:
Banano wrote:If christianity was as strong in western world as it used to be there would be no issues with women, everyone gets one,
without any belief you become lost,

Another example would be mulsim countries, no gays, no drugs, no alcohol, no feminism, women do waht they are suppossed to be doing and are horny., women dont walk around like a hoes, man can have many wifes-legaly!!!
Why did religion develop in the first place? Humans differ from animals in that we can think in abstractions. However, it's still very hard for us to think that way, so our language for it develops in metaphors. One example of that is deities, especially pagan nature gods. What's been happening recently is that supposedly secular institutions are using the same tactics as religion. For example, the idea of a "Societal Body" separate from the individuals composing society can be used to control those individuals. All morality must be predicated on the idea that "it is good for society," an idea the leaders of a society can use to justify whatever atrocities they want. Feminism is another one; the idea that a patriarchy (makes you think of a cabal of evil men) oppressing women in almost every culture in the world over 13,000 years isn't any different than the Christian devil. This isn't so much intentional as it is an organic construct of human nature. Nietzche said "God is dead" and he may have been right in the conventional sense (most Christians are just paying lip service these days), but he was wrong in the actual sense. The same human instincts that caused religion to develop in the first place are still very much actors in human culture, but they are being manifested in different forms. The real danger is that these manifestations attack religion and pretend to be secular (and as a result more valid) when in reality they are just cults. However, if the development of religion is inevitable, then I think it is important to recognize the positive aspects like morality, fidelity, health, etc. and avoid neo-religions like Feminism.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

what we call 'life' is an obvious but highly obscured and therefore vastly unrecognized illusion. we do not see it as being so because it is the only thing we have memory of knowning, and therefore it is the only 'thing' we have to use to define that which is real and unreal. collective humanity is like a bunch of people having their faces so close to a television screen all theyre seeing is the pictures displayed on it, so they naturally accept that as being what is real. the true object of religion is to get humanity to gain perspective and see that it is not inherently real in the way they assume that it is. awareness of life and the existence of the universe is the only real thing and is of ultimate meaning. the formations of energy and matter seen through our senses, and the endless concepts attributed to them, are only relative to eachother and are utterly meaningless. if one places value in that which happens to arises within existence, one will live a life of total confusion.

just take a look at how humans live; as if they will never die. its blatant insanity, but their identities are intertwined in a bundle of instincts and programming so they cant help but behave completely irrationally out of total fear. they fear both life and death as they conceive them, so they seek as many distractions as possible within the illusion that itself is the sole cause of the fear.

inevitably, a suspicion of life being hopeless and meaningless and the prospect of obliteration after death will arise. so lies are needed to distract them from this. blatant lies by corrupted institutions or a life of total materialism are the only two conceivable options. both are equally delusional, but the religious person has the tougher time in the modern world because he is aware of his delusion. he would not need 'faith' if he did not possess much doubt.

accepting lies leaves one fearful of death and highly suspicious of the existence of an afterlife.
realizing truth leaves on fearless of death and highly suspecting of the existence of an afterlife.

truth is out there, let go of "life" entirely and you will find it.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I don't think Christianity is what Winston needs. Well I'm a Brit, and we tend to be highly suspicious of religion. It's certainly done nothing for me.

I don't think Winston needs to change his life. But I'm sure as hell hauling his ass over to China. When he sees how many single white legged Chinese ladies there are in Guangdong Province he'll hopefully leave Taiwan Province for good.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Post by expatasiaseeker »

There is not one single piece of historical evidence to prove that Jesus EVER existed. So your advice to turn to Christianity is pure bullshit.

Not one single scholar or historian from the 1st century AD mentioned even a single word about Jesus. Kind of interesting, since Jesus was supposed to have been some big public figure, going around performing miracles and raising the dead.

The fact is, JESUS NEVER EXISTED.

Learn the truth here www.jesusneverexisted.com