Social Isolation and the USA?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mguy
Junior Poster

Social Isolation and the USA?

Post by mguy »

Is it me or does the USA feel isolating?

There is no sense of community. Seems cold. I mean you have to work for it like any other, but it still feels a little off.

I can't really pin point it. But sometimes I feel like i'm an outsider? I have no natural social circle and the ones I hangout with I feel are not really strongly bonded.

Is it different abroad or is it maybe just me?

I'm a city transplant and it feels there are no solid circle unless I go to same school or grew up in the area. Or maybe it's just growing up?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Social Isolation and the USA?

Post by zboy1 »

mguy wrote:Is it me or does the USA feel isolating?

There is no sense of community. Seems cold. I mean you have to work for it like any other, but it still feels a little off.

I can't really pin point it. But sometimes I feel like i'm an outsider? I have no natural social circle and the ones I hangout with I feel are not really strongly bonded.

I'm a city transplant and it feels there are no solid circle unless I go to same school or grew up in the area. Or maybe it's just growing up?
I know the feeling mguy. I live in NYC and it's just as you described: anti-social, cliquish, relationships based on status and popularity, unfriendly people, race divisions, etc. I hope Russia is different when I end up there in February.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We all feel that way. But you are not allowed to talk about it. It's taboo. You are supposed to pretend that everything is great. No one likes to hear complaints about social culture. You can complain about the economy or being out of work, but you aren't allowed to complain about social isolation or stuck up women.

Weird isn't it? lol

It's similar in Taiwan too. There's no openness and you can't just flirt openly or hit on girls that walk by like you can in Russia or Philippines more naturally.
Last edited by Winston on November 5th, 2013, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:

I know the feeling mguy. I live in NYC and it's just as you described: anti-social, cliquish, relationships based on status and popularity, unfriendly people, race divisions, etc. I hope Russia is different when I end up there in February.
In Russia it is a TRILLION times more open. No kidding. There you can just say "Devushka" to any hot girl walking by, and 50 percent of the time or more, she will stop and talk to you, as long as you look ok. Social interaction is very direct and forward and upfront, which fits my personality like a glove. Russia has many negatives of course, but its social atmosphere fits me like a glove at least.

You gotta remember that Russians are fearless. They did not fear Hitler or Napoleon and ended up ultimately beating them when they invaded. So why would they fear a foreign guy hitting on women? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Winston wrote:We have many threads about this already. You should have done a search for them first.

We all feel that way. But you are not allowed to talk about it. It's taboo. You are supposed to pretend that everything is great. No one likes to hear complaints about social culture. You can complain about the economy or being out of work, but you aren't allowed to complain about social isolation or stuck up women.

Weird isn't it? lol

It's similar in Taiwan too. There's no openness and you can't just flirt openly or hit on girls that walk by like you can in Russia or Philippines more naturally.
Why did you move to Taiwan if it's just as bad as here? Why not just move to Russia instead? It seems like Russia has more approachable women from how you explain.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Of course you know the answer: it's not just you. Check out the other threads on HA.

Maybe you can tell us how it's different in all the different Latin American countries that you've been to.

----

Actually, mguy strikes me as a very Americanized guy who fits in well with the typical white-washed Asian-American cliques. Even he is saying that the US feels isolated.

viewtopic.php?t=16904&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
mguy wrote:Over the years as my American virus developed (naturalization), my attraction gradually morphed towards Asian-Americans. I'm at a point where I find FOB girls increasingly foreign and am more comfortable spending my time with Americanized she-bitches we call AW.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Falcon wrote:Of course you know the answer: it's not just you. Check out the other threads on HA.

Maybe you can tell us how it's different in all the different Latin American countries that you've been to.

----

Actually, mguy strikes me as a very Americanized guy who fits in well with the typical white-washed Asian-American cliques. Even he is saying that the US feels isolated.

mguy wrote:Over the years as my American virus developed (naturalization), my attraction gradually morphed towards Asian-Americans. I'm at a point where I find FOB girls increasingly foreign and am more comfortable spending my time with Americanized she-bitches we call AW.
True. I can fit in the Asian-American cliques. But the moment I feel I need to get a Supra or Air Jordan just to stay acceptable, then f**k that. I opt out. I hate materialism and it's a direct clash with Asian American values I find.

I can always hangout with white people and be that "Asian guy", but I don't want to. It's not me.

I'm pretty social (i can handle groups of varying backgrounds) and generally likable. But there is something off about the social life in America. I suspect it is a distrust which could legitimately be societal or it could just be me. Kind of like wanting to see if this is normal or if is socially constructed? Like neo in the Matrix. Like a guy who thinks he should be getting laid more and contemplates his situation. That's why I'm asking. I get the feeling Winston is still unhappy.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

like an average chick that thinks shes hot and wonders why shes not with a hot guy.

haha
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

mguy wrote:
Falcon wrote:Of course you know the answer: it's not just you. Check out the other threads on HA.

----

True. I can fit in the Asian-American cliques. But the moment I feel I need to get a Supra or Air Jordan just to stay acceptable, then f**k that. I opt out. I hate materialism and it's a direct clash with Asian American values I find.

I can always hangout with white people and be that "Asian guy", but I don't want to. It's not me.

I'm pretty social (i can handle groups of varying backgrounds) and generally likable. But there is something off about the social life in America. I suspect it is a distrust which could legitimately be societal or it could just be me. Kind of like wanting to see if this is normal or if is socially constructed? Like neo in the Matrix. Like a guy who thinks he should be getting laid more and contemplates his situation. That's why I'm asking. I get the feeling Winston is still unhappy.
?Winston is not unhappy he is just whitty and likes to complain.It makes for entertaining threads.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The USA is very isolating.

The reason why we can't pin-point it is because there isn't just one point to it.

Corruption on every level in the United States (social, economic, political, judicial)
Feminism
Greed
Individuality
Brainwashing (subliminal messages, ZOG, mass media, pop-culture)
The Sexual Revolution
The destruction of Tradition
The end of community

It has manifested itself in isolation but it will continue to do far worse until the USA collapses from within. In addition to the social manifestations, we can already see these points manifesting in the economic, political, and judicial segments. There is no hope left in America for the average person. A healthy relationship, social mobility, community, happiness, security, and rights are no more.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

zboy1 wrote:

Russia is very different! Make sure you have warm clothes for their winter and a nice pair of boots for the melting snow...
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

This has struck me as more obvious recently. After a certain age it's hard to make friends in America. Everything is clique based. You walk into a cafe, bar, store and people hover in clicks. The idea of meeting strangers (same sex or opposite) doesn't really exist. So if you don't have a social network after a certain age you basically live in isolation. Contrast this with Mexico and you basically make friends wherever you go.

I only leave my house a few times a week. This usually amounts to buying groceries, going to store, getting take out food. The interactions in these places are pretty straightforward, you almost don't even need to talk. Sometimes I just go to these places to get fresh air.

There really aren't many venues for single people to just congregate in. I can see the world outside my house but it's almost like you can't interact with it. It's very closed off.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

marklambo wrote:
Winston wrote:We have many threads about this already. You should have done a search for them first.

Weird isn't it? lol

Why did you move to Taiwan if it's just as bad as here? Why not just move to Russia instead? It seems like Russia has more approachable women from how you explain.
I didn't move to Taiwan. I just went there to rest and finish my book that was supposed to be finished in 2011. But I always end up getting stuck in a comfort zone and revising my projects thousands of times over and over again, and wasting a year. I'm not sure how to break this cycle. Also, my parents always move to the worst and most unfriendly places where everything goes against me. They've been doing this since 1982.

I can't move to Russia because the visas to keep staying there are expensive, the winters are terrible, and the crime/violence rates are high. The food there also sucks and is bland. But socially, Russia fits my personality like a glove. People there love the direct, open, aggressive approach, which fits in with the vibe and flow there.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

drealm wrote:This has struck me as more obvious recently. After a certain age it's hard to make friends in America. Everything is clique based. You walk into a cafe, bar, store and people hover in clicks. The idea of meeting strangers (same sex or opposite) doesn't really exist. So if you don't have a social network after a certain age you basically live in isolation. Contrast this with Mexico and you basically make friends wherever you go.

I only leave my house a few times a week. This usually amounts to buying groceries, going to store, getting take out food. The interactions in these places are pretty straightforward, you almost don't even need to talk. Sometimes I just go to these places to get fresh air.

There really aren't many venues for single people to just congregate in. I can see the world outside my house but it's almost like you can't interact with it. It's very closed off.
Yeah I know what you mean. So true. Isn't it so depressing? Yet who are you going to talk to about it? No one wants to hear that. All everyone wants to hear is that you're having a great day, that you're fine and that everything is great, and that last weekend was good. Etc. etc. Isn't that stupid? lol
?Winston is not unhappy he is just whitty and likes to complain.It makes for entertaining threads.
This is true. I do like to complain and perhaps am addicted to anger. Even though I have it better than most, I still complain, especially when I'm in a country I am not compatible with at all and don't vibe with or have any chemistry with. No one is totally happy or unhappy though. It's a mix - you are happy about some things, but unhappy about other things.

Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Socializing is overrated in a society that's slowly dying. I have some close friends and it's enough that we hang out, play board games, and talk about the type of things this forum talks about.

We should all be best friends and family in this forum. Winston, please adopt me as your son.