Dance differences (US vs. non-US)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Dance differences (US vs. non-US)

Post by Falcon »

Mexico
I always end up at one of these dances whenever I take a trip to the Mexican interior. As always, there would be wonderful live acoustic music.

(1) Each guy is paired with a woman.
(2) Ordinary, serious looks on their faces; no superficiality needed. If they're actually feeling happy, then they show it; if not, then no need to fake it.
(3) Ask a lady to dance with you; a polite or indifferent refusal happens at most. I always end up with someone by the middle of the dance.
(4) One-on-one romantic dancing where you hold each other by the hands and shoulders; great for testing out whether you two are physically compatible.

These dances are perfect for meeting potential mates. In fact, that's what these dances are specifically for.

USA
High school dances were terrible. I would mill around for hours with my male friends as we look around for girls to meet. The females would be horribly mean. Expect to get yelled at if you approach them. The trashy top 10 pop songs wouldn't help at all.

(1) Women are hanging out with each other in closed groups, with one or two guys around them at most.
(2) Superficial smiles, trying to show everyone how "cool" they are, and how good they are at partying.
(3) Try to dance with a female, and they will most likely be very angry and give you very dirty looks.
(4) Either it's completely hands off, or it's really bad dirty dancing that would absolutely shock parents and school admins.

In the video below, everyone is looking a lot happier and energetic than in the Mexican video above. But are they really?

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

This makes me sad that I grew up in the west!

One thing I've noticed is that in the west you can't just go to a dance or nightclub and chill out. There would always be someone to try to FORCE you to be doing something you didn't want to do. I read somewhere that at a western party, westerners just have to "take up all the space."

At that Mexican party the people look a lot more chilled out. At the beginning you can even see some people just chilling. On the whole, the Mexican party looks a lot more comfortable to be at.

A question:

Are these Mexican parties/dances uncomfortable if you're an introvert? Or would you find yourself opening up more?
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Falcon,
I wouldnt need to grope just to get satisfaction from the opposite gender from parties en mx.

F.y.i. dont namedrop where these parties are. If u were to do that, then you would end up groping curvy lezbos and getting kicked out for being being hypermasculine within due time.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Another thing: in the west, they dont hold each other whilst dancing on the dancefloor anymore...in my recollection, slow dancing and ballads were almost non existent shortly after 9/11 had happened. No lie!

The last popular r&b slow song to be released as a single was by artist whom died literally a week before 9/11: yup aaliyah and the song was called "i miss you".

And then every song was about dancing fast without dancing cheek to cheek anymore unless it was salsa played at a latino party stateside.

Then the last song to play east coast hip hop on b.e.t. was called "tell me" by smilez & southstar. That waz 2002.

Then on came the death adder's bite to western parties thereon after. :-/
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

I'm big in the Salsa in USA.

Dance is the great equalizer. Dance skill is the currency. Looks, ethnicity, money -- all that stuff tend to fade away. I would say Dancing is the same everywhere else. It is "game" that turns the skills into relationship.

But I digress.

In terms of clubbing to top40s. I would rather shit in a bear's claw and expect to live. I h8 that scene with a passion.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

mguy, i also like to say that true game is dance game. though i can dance little bit salsa and stuff i am more the energy dancer. i am not so much of a fan of salsa music so it does make little sense that i dance to that stuff.

on roosh forum it is talked that most salsa venues are dead because auf turks and middle easterners are filling the clubs and destroying it as they are not really into salsa....

falcon, the mexican stuff looks quite boring (though i didn´t saw the clip) for my standards but who knows if the girl is nice things can change :).

the problem with "traditional" music is that it´s not creativ imho. by all due criticism of consumerish pop music it is still much more creativ than traditional stuff.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Re: Dance differences (US vs. non-US)

Post by marklambo »

Falcon wrote:Mexico
I always end up at one of these dances whenever I take a trip to the Mexican interior. As always, there would be wonderful live acoustic music.

(1) Each guy is paired with a woman.
(2) Ordinary, serious looks on their faces; no superficiality needed. If they're actually feeling happy, then they show it; if not, then no need to fake it.
(3) Ask a lady to dance with you; a polite or indifferent refusal happens at most. I always end up with someone by the middle of the dance.
(4) One-on-one romantic dancing where you hold each other by the hands and shoulders; great for testing out whether you two are physically compatible.

These dances are perfect for meeting potential mates. In fact, that's what these dances are specifically for.

USA
High school dances were terrible. I would mill around for hours with my male friends as we look around for girls to meet. The females would be horribly mean. Expect to get yelled at if you approach them. The trashy top 10 pop songs wouldn't help at all.

(1) Women are hanging out with each other in closed groups, with one or two guys around them at most.
(2) Superficial smiles, trying to show everyone how "cool" they are, and how good they are at partying.
(3) Try to dance with a female, and they will most likely be very angry and give you very dirty looks.
(4) Either it's completely hands off, or it's really bad dirty dancing that would absolutely shock parents and school admins.

In the video below, everyone is looking a lot happier and energetic than in the Mexican video above. But are they really?

They do look happier but it's only the girls that look happy. Also notice that they aren't dancing with any guys at all. The girls are just packed in their little groups as an anti-man shield to fend off any guys that get near them. You see this a lot in regular night clubs a lot.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Voice of Reason wrote:Are these Mexican parties/dances uncomfortable if you're an introvert? Or would you find yourself opening up more?
You will most likely find yourself opening up more if you're an introvert. And you won't even have to open up that much anyways, unlike in American parties. You will enjoy this (in southern Puebla state, Mexico):

Far more than this (in suburban California, USA):

When I was in high school, I went to a lot of those dances, and enjoyed them a lot. The lights, rapid-beat techno, and aggressive hip-hop make everyone feel high. But it's all really superficial, and at the end of the night you will feel hung over and empty.

The Mexican dances feel much more meaningful. I started going to those after high school, and found them to be many times better, at least for me.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I beleive if you are good dancer you could pull many chicks even in US, to be good dancer you have to be fit, flexible
that can be your real GAME, women fall for good dancers, turnes them on, scientifically proven
Most white men are hopeless dancers,Asians the same..
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Billy wrote:mguy, i also like to say that true game is dance game. though i can dance little bit salsa and stuff i am more the energy dancer. i am not so much of a fan of salsa music so it does make little sense that i dance to that stuff.

on roosh forum it is talked that most salsa venues are dead because auf turks and middle easterners are filling the clubs and destroying it as they are not really into salsa....

falcon, the mexican stuff looks quite boring (though i didn´t saw the clip) for my standards but who knows if the girl is nice things can change :).

the problem with "traditional" music is that it´s not creativ imho. by all due criticism of consumerish pop music it is still much more creativ than traditional stuff.
Billy, there are different ways to run Salsa dance game. There is one where you go for kiss at 50sec mark. There is one where you get number after dance (very easy). There is one where you meet at bar then Salsa game then vice versa. Lots of ways to be creative.

Dancing is really a mating ritual. Animals do it and humans do it (hence prom), so I agree that it is natural game.

I like dancing though as my background is percussion, athletics, and Spanish so it makes sense for me. If you're going Salsa dancing to pick up chicks -- forget about it, the learning curve is too high to get any meaningful returns.

There are Asian guys in the Salsa scene who are typically the best dancers.. unfortunately, most go home alone. You can't lean on dancing skills alone.. you need to have game.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Falcon, you are making me want to change my itinerary to Mexico.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

mguy wrote:Falcon, you are making me want to change my itinerary to Mexico.
f**k mexico LOL
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Wow. Another great thread Falcon. I can really see what you mean in those videos. I suppose we can talk all we like on this forum about how things are abroad, but the only way to really know is to see it and experience it.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

mguy wrote:You can't lean on dancing skills alone.. you need to have game.
OK Mr. PUA, you and your game. You should be JT Tran's partner in crime: http://www.abcsofattraction.com/ :D

abcdavid01 wrote:I suppose we can talk all we like on this forum about how things are abroad, but the only way to really know is to see it and experience it.
Both mguy and I are going to Latin America for our Christmas-time vacations. We should have some exciting trip reports coming up! :wink:
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Not a PUA, I'm a love tourist kinda like you Falcon!

Stephen, haha!