Anyone ever been the target of racism abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

lone_yakuza wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Usually, racism is from people who are on the lower socioeconomic and educational levels. Most of the time, they see "different" people as a threat to their piece of the pie or a threat to their access to women.
There was a time that I used to believe this until I'd met folks with advanced degrees, who're basically Nazis or Klansmen at heart. The difference is that they know that they can't express themselves in public, esp in a place like America.
This.

Having been to a top 10 US university, many of the old money types are racist as f**k and despise and hate East Asians. Particularly those of anglo-saxon or jewish background. It is slightly disturbing to see how they talk down to foreign students, particularly from East Asia. No wonder East Asians at UPenn or Brown or Duke tend to hang with each other in big groups, even those born in the states, especially the males.

East Asian male dating a white female? Maybe like 1/100 couples.

East Asian female dating a white male? Something like 55/100 couples.
That is why I used the term "Usually." But in the case of WASPs and affluent Jewish types, are you sure this is racism or just elitism/classism? Cognitive elites, yuppies, and highly educated Americans don't necessarily love me as a black man. BUT, when they exhibit disdain for me it is less the "you are a lesser race of man" and more "what is a black guy doing here and shall I protect my wallet and girlfriend." You might ask what is the difference, but it is profound. Whiteness is the defining issue with the racists, and elite status is the issue with the others. Whiteness might figure predominately with elites, but it is not the core factor because they often look down on poor whites far more than they do racial minorities.

Snobby elites often warm up if they see you as having some measure of in-group status that they respect. So a black man who dresses preppy, graduated from Harvard, has a bevy of yuppie friends, and socializes like an elite, can usually overcome the presumption of out-group status due to his race.

This is also dependent on region as elites in some parts of the south might be more forgiving than in the north (even though most people believe the reverse is true due to American history.)
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Actually this past weekend I had the displeasure of being physically assaulted by a Mexican Neo-Nazi skinhead (you read that correctly: a MEXICAN NEO-NAZI SKINHEAD). I refused to fight him (and his three "get out of our country, nigger!" boyfriends), because if I did I would have killed them. Passiveness (and a temporary scar on my pride) is the reason I am not in prison as we speak. A Mexican prison, at that.

:shock:
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Actually this past weekend I had the displeasure of being physically assaulted by a Mexican Neo-Nazi skinhead (you read that correctly: a MEXICAN NEO-NAZI SKINHEAD). I refused to fight him (and his three "get out of our country, nigger!" boyfriends), because if I did I would have killed them. Passiveness (and a temporary scar on my pride) is the reason I am not in prison as we speak. A Mexican prison, at that.

you should tell him that

a) Mexico used to be approx 50% White (mostly German and Spaniard), and they were who fought for (and won) independence. but European descendants had responsible replacement birthrates while the retarded natives (i.e. mestizos) had uncontrolled f**k till you drop birth-rates, so Mexico became more brown and impoverished with every generation.

b) although Mexico does not currently have a declining population so it is not currently in the demographic crisis that Europe and China/Korea/Japan is, it is HEADED for a cliff. In terms of total population, Mexicans are not in danger of extinction, however the difference between previous generations (horny manual labourers/devout Catholics having more than 3 kids starting as early as their teens) and the future generations (self-absorbed gadget-addicted yuppies) is so big that it will have massive economic ramifications for the country, and the US as well (since illegal immigration will be a thing of the past).

And if he's taken aback by your rant, you should mention there are millions of his fellow beaners in the USA, annoying the f**k out of the locals, and that if he took a trip to Europe he might land some White girls because South Americans and Mexicans are rare and exotic there. However I totally see where he's coming from. There's nothing worse than American expats, especially retired baby boomer couples. He probably thinks all gringos are like that.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Actually this past weekend I had the displeasure of being physically assaulted by a Mexican Neo-Nazi skinhead (you read that correctly: a MEXICAN NEO-NAZI SKINHEAD). I refused to fight him (and his three "get out of our country, nigger!" boyfriends), because if I did I would have killed them. Passiveness (and a temporary scar on my pride) is the reason I am not in prison as we speak. A Mexican prison, at that.

I never really liked mexicans.Something with them just never sits well with me.They seem to look at blacks with disdain and think they are better.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

odbo wrote:There's nothing worse than American expats
Boy you ain't kiddin... I've discovered this and haven't even moved abroad yet (present company here at HA accepted of course). I recently had the displeasure of stumbling onto a Brazilian expat site where all they did is bitch about Brazil and Brazilians and flame people who talk bad about the laws and women in America. When I go abroad I'm going to avoid other expats like the plague.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

manly5000 wrote:
Boy you ain't kiddin... I've discovered this and haven't even moved abroad yet (present company here at HA accepted of course). I recently had the displeasure of stumbling onto a Brazilian expat site where all they did is bitch about Brazil and Brazilians and flame people who talk bad about the laws and women in America. When I go abroad I'm going to avoid other expats like the plague.
LOL which site was it.I post on one sometimes and all i get are negative comments about Brazil.I made a post asking if there where any expats in salvador and one dude responds with "thats the worst city ever" and i am like dude i didn't ask that.I most American expats and i have only met three, and they are usually old farts that are living on a pention talking trying to hand advice to me and haven't even been here a year yet.They complain about wages here saying that you can't make money here but they have not worked here.And i like dude if you can't make money here then why do a see huge traffic jams every day full of cars that are worth about $45.000reais.How do Brazilians immigrate all over the world if you can not make money.Even people in the favelas got flat screens ,internet and cars.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

skateboardstephen wrote:
manly5000 wrote:
LOL which site was it.I post on one sometimes and all i get are negative comments about Brazil.I made a post asking if there where any expats in salvador and one dude responds with "thats the worst city ever" and i am like dude i didn't ask that.I most American expats and i have only met three, and they are usually old farts that are living on a pention talking trying to hand advice to me and haven't even been here a year yet.They complain about wages here saying that you can't make money here but they have not worked here.And i like dude if you can't make money here then why do a see huge traffic jams every day full of cars that are worth about $45.000reais.How do Brazilians immigrate all over the world if you can not make money.Even people in the favelas got flat screens ,internet and cars.
It was Gringoes. Never in my life have I seen such a sour group of expats. If you believe what they tell ya you couldn't even walk down the street half a block in Brazil without getting attacked, robbed, beaten, stabbed, shot, hung, drawn, and quartered... and your remains held for ransom by those pesky "flash kidnapping mobs". And no Brazilian would care because they're all a bunch of untrustworthy lazy nothings who have no culture and only care about the 4 B's - BBQ, Beaches, Ball, and Bunda.

:roll:
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

manly5000 wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
manly5000 wrote:
It was Gringoes. Never in my life have I seen such a sour group of expats. If you believe what they tell ya you couldn't even walk down the street half a block in Brazil without getting attacked, robbed, beaten, stabbed, shot, hung, drawn, and quartered... and your remains held for ransom by those pesky "flash kidnapping mobs". And no Brazilian would care because they're all a bunch of untrustworthy lazy nothings who have no culture and only care about the 4 B's - BBQ, Beaches, Ball, and Bunda.

LOL they are dumb as hell.Brazil is not anymore dangerous (least where i am)than any major city in states you just got to use street smarts and common sence.I would say you are more likely to get hit by a bus here or die in a car crash since the traffic is so horrible.It may have a lot to do with how you carry yourself.every one thinks i am Brazilian because i dress talk and act like them.I stay in a favela so i guess they think i am just another poor Afro-brazilian not worth the time to rob? i don't know.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I have experienced so much of it, I may start my own march on the UN.

You can't avoid racism unless you are of the same race, no accent and good economic status. Racism and other kinds of prejudice are part of human condition. Tribal instinct. And if there is no racism, there will be nationalism, regionalism, accent-ism, etc.

But here is the thing:

You need to be in a place/condition where as far as you are concerned, it' s minimal, unfrequent, and where it does not interfere with your ability to make money or get a mate. You decide your level of tolerance.

Compare two situations:

Situation 1

Say, in the Philippines, once a year someone will call me puting unggoy- white monkey. One of the girls whom I dated says she is ashamed to be seen with me in public. The other 9 whom I had dated did not care at all.

Once in 17 years of my visiting the Philippines, a drunk gov't employee mistakes me for a terrorist and wants to start a fight.

Several companies have called and offered me a job at a pretty good local pay and promised to get me work permit.

Verdict- racism minimal. Not affecting my life much.

Situation 2.

I am in another country now. Every day, several times a day, someone will bark an expletive at me. I am not allowed into night clubs in the area and must go to the tourist areas. Local landlords do not want to rent to me and I must stay at a guest house.

People do not want to sit next to me on public transportation and I encounter this attitude several times a month.

No girl except the ugliest and the fattest want to date me.

Verdict- no good! Get out asap.

From the above examples, you see that both countries are racist against me. The difference is in the degree and frequency with which it occurs. In the 1st case, it can be tolerated; in the second case- not.

Capiche?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

skateboardstephen wrote:
manly5000 wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
manly5000 wrote:

LOL they are dumb as hell.Brazil is not anymore dangerous (least where i am)than any major city in states you just got to use street smarts and common sence.I would say you are more likely to get hit by a bus here or die in a car crash since the traffic is so horrible.It may have a lot to do with how you carry yourself.every one thinks i am Brazilian because i dress talk and act like them.I stay in a favela so i guess they think i am just another poor Afro-brazilian not worth the time to rob? i don't know.
You know, it's funny. Every single time I read about a country being one of the "safer" countries to go to, as soon as I look into it a little more deeply I find people saying the same things about that country as all the other "dangerous" ones. Like Costa Rica for instance. I read how its one of the safest LA countries, yet looking deeper I found all sorts of reports of crime being terrible there, the laws of the government being feministic, etc etc. Same stuff I see about all other countries.

I think you just have to pick the place you want to be for what you LIKE about that particular country and culture, and accept that any place you could possibly go has its share of crime and bad stuff. I guess it would be nice to be able to "fit in" with the population though to help avoid issues. I'm white and 6'0 but have dark brown eyes and hair. I know there are plenty of light-skinned Brazilians so I wonder if I could appear to be a local after spending some time there and mastering Portugues? I'm muscular and have long hair, but I'm not sure how many dudes in Brazil are sportin' manes... lol.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

lone_yakuza wrote:It was definitely racism. Many of the Asians were sons or daughters of Chinese generals or politicians, rolling in money. They drove nicer cars than the white WASP old moneys sometimes. I also noticed high class blacks hanging in their own group. Basically the campus would be divided into the white group, black group, and East Asian group, and then a subgroup of Indians/Pakistani/Middle Easterners.
I'm going to concur with yakuza on this one. And I'm not going to make is a blanket elite WASPy (or elite Jewish) thing related to Ivy League colleges, but a broader category of white... including eastern, central, and Mediterranean Europe. I'd seen this first hand myself, where one set of white acquaintances did not want to hang out with my more mixed crowd of Asians. And these were not hillbillies but were from educated families, some middle, some upper classes.

I think it's a type of emotional tribal thing, not related to education in any form. Realize this, both movies "Rocky" & "Flashdance," were about the plight/aspirations of a poor white guy and a poor white gal. Well, even WASPy graduates of Harvard & Wharton admire these ppl and would even consider working for them, despite 'em having had only let's say a community college education. You see, the elitism thing is great, to inhibit ordinary folks from let's say working at a Goldman Sachs [ maintaining a sort of insiders' clubhouse ], however, in the broader spectrum, a white upstart is a legend to be widely admired, even Ivy Leaguers know this, as many I knew, loved to talk/hear about tales of Thomas Edison, Larry Bird, etc. All underprivileged whites, who made something big out of their lives.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

lone_yakuza wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Usually, racism is from people who are on the lower socioeconomic and educational levels. Most of the time, they see "different" people as a threat to their piece of the pie or a threat to their access to women.
There was a time that I used to believe this until I'd met folks with advanced degrees, who're basically Nazis or Klansmen at heart. The difference is that they know that they can't express themselves in public, esp in a place like America.
This.

Having been to a top 10 US university, many of the old money types are racist as f**k and despise and hate East Asians. Particularly those of anglo-saxon or jewish background. It is slightly disturbing to see how they talk down to foreign students, particularly from East Asia. No wonder East Asians at UPenn or Brown or Duke tend to hang with each other in big groups, even those born in the states, especially the males.

East Asian male dating a white female? Maybe like 1/100 couples.

East Asian female dating a white male? Something like 55/100 couples.
True.

Asian men face much more racism and discrimination than Asian women in anglo-saxon society.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.