Discuss and talk about any general topic.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
I just came across a website called puahate.com where some members are comparing the dating scene in North America vs. the one in Europe. Here is what one member said:
"After spending some time in several countries across Europe, returning to North America was a painful shock. I feel bad for the guys here and empathize with the pain average men in North America feel.
Some of my observations while in Europe:
- Lack of obesity. Almost no fat people here; every young woman is slim.
- People are more fashion-conscious, women put effort into their appearance.
- Most guys are skinny, rare to see a jacked muscular jock-type guy.
- Guys date slightly up - lots of average guys with slim pretty girls.
- Women are feminine, speak in soft, high-pitched voices.
After returning from Europe, I had a whole new perspective on North America. I noticed:
- Obesity epidemic. Fat people everywhere; even a lot of young college-aged girls are fat.
- People dress sloppy, women don't invest in their appearance, flip flops everywhere.
- Fewer skinny guys and lots of muscular jocks.
- Guys date slightly down - lots of decent guys with chubby chicks.
- Women are masculine, speak in a flat husky monotone.
So what effect does this have on the dating pool?
In North America -
More obesity means more fat chicks means more guys chasing after a smaller pool of girls. The skinny girls have inflated egos from all the attention they're getting. Fat girls get bitter from the lack of attention. Guys realize they have to work harder to get average girls, so they hit the gym, get jacked. Average guys have to settle for chubby chicks or stay forever alone. Everybody loses.
In Europe -
Everybody's skinny. The pool of attractive bangable girls is huge. Skinny girls don't have inflated egos because they get no more attention than any other girl - everybody's skinny! Girls are down to earth and level-headed. Guys find girls to date at their level, don't feel the need to hit the gym to get jacked. Everybody wins.
Often times we'll have arguments here between a bunch of guys. A guy from the US will rant that women suck, that they're fat, that hot girls are unapproachable bitches, that even average girls have huge expectations and bitch shields. Then a guy from Sweden will go WTF? women are awesome, they're approachable and easy and your game sucks.
Understand that the guy in the US is living an entirely different reality from the guy in Europe. Maybe it's not your game but your environment. "
The same person also wrote about how the feminist man hating culture in America is nonexistent in Europe.
"Apart from obesity, there are other significant differences between America and Europe (excluding the UK):
- The lack of a man-hating culture. European feminism is about women having equal rights and opportunities as men (something we all agree with). There's none of that Third Wave man-hating BS. This manifests itself in pickup. European women take more kindly to genuine compliments on their appearance. Many American women will scowl and walk away ("don't objectify me!"). Direct day game that works there will get you blown out quickly here.
- Healthy gender relations. In America, the default assumption of a random man is that he's a creep, a potential serial killer and rapist, and you have to go out of your way to prove you're normal. In Europe the default perception is neutral, and if you're an English-speaking foreigner net positive. In Europe - especially EE - you can be open and upfront about your intentions as a man. In North America you're a creep.
- There is less of a douchebag/frat boy presence because there is a more intellectual/less jock culture in Europe. European women dig the stylish, cultured well-mannered gentleman. Many are outright repelled by the loud musclehead jocks that are popular in America.
- You can get away with behaviour that would be construed as 'beta" in America. I was in Amsterdam recently and was blown away by the public displays of affection and handholding couples walking. It's rare to see a couple holding hands in North America. American women are put off by men who are overly romantic or affectionate.
In Spain I watched as three Italian pretty boys tried to pick up a few American tourist chicks from my hostel. The American girls were openly repulsed by their forwardness. The mismash brought about by cultural differences was tragically hilarious to observe.
Interesting to note that American guys clean up with foreign girls, but foreign guys have huge problems with American women.''
Whoever wrote that statement, I think there is too much generalization applied.
The listed positive aspects about European women may apply to Eastern Europe, but believe me, more countries in Western Europe are going into the same direction as America as far as women, although it's not that extreme yet. I have lived in three places (E/W-Europe + USA), so I think I can give a credible judgement. Especially countries like Sweden are total feminist hellholes where social isolation is not less of a problem and misandry is more extreme that in the US.
Lack of obesity in Europe? Haha, that makes me want to laugh. In Eastern Europe maybe, but if you do a careful research, you will find that England and Germany are also getting fatter year after year. Again, it depends on the country, you cannot throw a pool of 25+ countries in Europe into one basket. I remember an article concluding that the Dutch had the least obesity problem in Europe, and it makes sense because the small land size, high population density and high gas prices force citizens to resort to healthier means of transportation, such as bike riding (which is very popular in Netherlands).
You will also find that more and more males in Western Europe leave their contrywomen aside and marry Eastern European or East Asian women who are more attractive because of feminine attributes (good cooks, housewifes, taking better care of themselves).
P.S.: American women are not their primary target, though
In some parts of Western Europe--like the the U.K. and the Scandinavian countries--the women are worse than Americans. Western Europe is afflicted with the same gender problems as the United States, though not to the same extreme. I do agree that European women are much more feminine and less hostile than American women nonetheless and that it is easier to find a good women than in America.
I thought these things were common fact by now...Eastern Europe is not a competition for women. You rarely see men change their lifestyle just to find a woman.
In another generation though I believe things will be different unfortunately. People gravitate towards the West, both financially and socially.
I like the fact that women in Europe don't think of men as "creeps" if a man approaches them and starts a conversation with them.
I also like the fact that there is less of a douchebag/frat boy presence in Europe. Here in the US, there are douchebag/frat boy types all over the place. Check out this video and see what I mean!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"
"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Choose your European country wisely - choose the wrong country and you could actually find the dating situation is worse than the States.
The more wealthy the country, the lower your value as a male is in the dating world.
In parts of Eastern Europe you still have some value, but just remember that you will have to work at it with any woman.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests