Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Another Daily Shooting in America.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ambition » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:41 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:This is a horrible tragedy and I agree with what everyone else said about the causes. I never entertained thoughts of school shootings, but I knew I was that kid. The genius outcast with severe social problems. If anyone were to shoot up the school, they'd have placed bets on me. The students and the teachers. How do you think a kid feels about that? They fear you and it builds up. In middle school my mom tried getting me to see school psychologists, but I refused and rebelled. Wanted to kill her and kept around hatred of her for years. Still do, but mostly now I just regard her as insignificant to my life. I was suicidal then too. In high school we had a substitute who gave us some busywork on CPR. So I filled out this worksheet satirically with everything not to do with CPR, how to suffocate people. Black humour to stay sane in a PC hell hole. So I got called to the principal a few days later and was suspended pending a meeting with a psychologist. My dad came and took me to one immediately; if he had scheduled one for a few days later I'd have likely refused and been expelled. My dad was angry, but he also thought what I wrote was funny. He understood, in a way, but perhaps not so intimately as I. He's at the age where even if he recognizes societal problems, and he does think it has gotten worse here since he was my age, he can just retire on the beach and forget about it all. I can't do that because I have to make a life and I want to start a family. So the next day I come in with my dad after the psychologist has found nothing wrong with me, but the principal tries to make me promise to never do it again. I refused because I could not in all honesty have promised that. So I left the room and my dad somehow convinced her to let me stay.

America is sterile. People like my mother and the principal and the psychologists don't view you as human. They think you're like a test subject to be feared. Kids need love, not fear. My mom's doing that with my dad now, having him read books by the latest experts and having him see psychologists. My dad's a criminal defence lawyer who works with deranged people all the time, so he knows way more about it than she does. Has anyone read Atlas Shrugged? Like Dr. Floyd Ferris. Anyway, my mother took my dad's guns away secretly and hid them from him. They've been having constant fighting about it for the past month. When my dad wasn't around and my older sister was home my mother tried to explain herself and asked our opinion. I told her dad ought to go to the Philippines and bang a girl half his age, solve his problems. I meant it too because as much as my dad and I believe in traditional marriage, my mother does not and is now abusing him. He owes her nothing. But of course my Feminist sister thinks I'm a misogynist. Called our dad an emotional abuser ffs.

So my mom tells dad that my sister called me a misogynist and he asked me about it. I told him I'm only as much a misogynist as he is. So he says he regrets having married a cold, emotionless woman, and that I ought to find someone who only wants to give me kisses. So I tell him that's sexist, apparently. According to what all the experts say.

America's no place for men anymore.

Originally, I only made an account to communicate with the few (1% of) members here who aren't about complaints, ignorance and general insipidity, but after reading your post, I have to say something.

I was that kid too. I still am. I did have the idea of murder when I was young, but on a smaller scale -- just to those who really made school suck, but not the ENTIRE student body. Like you, I'm resistant to brainwashing, conformity and unwilling change. Maybe even more-so than you. Had my fair share of expels from schools -- including a Christian private school that I did NOT get on well in. Textbook genius outcast. Story of my life. Everyone says how smart I am and how kids should use me as an example, but those same people slander me behind my back and try to make my life difficult. Like you, administrators of all types from all slices of the pie have tried to hop me up on various medications. Ritalin, Aderoll -- all that shit. But unlike you, I didn't have ANY male at all, let alone one that understood the type of being that I am/was. Any female presence in my life has been a negative and detriment attribute of my own, but such will no longer be the case once I join the military and build my businesses.

I did something similar to what you did with your black humour page. Was stuffed in a looney bin for 72 hours. Of course that didn't go on my record because of something that is both a blessing and a curse.

You said you could be Adam Lanza. Well, I could be worse -- I think I am. Honestly, if I were to snap, I wouldn't do what Adam Lanza did. Whatever my idea of revenge was, I'd make sure it was surgical and precise, all the while pretending to be "normal". I know for a FACT that if I had a son, and he grew up in the West (America especially), he'd be at the very LEAST, someone like Adam. My experiences have made me far worse than any crazed gunman could ever be. I know how to blend in, how to plan, how to adapt. I turn my weaknesses into strengths.

I'm happy that you had your dad in your life and that you're close to him. America is no place for men, the West is no place for men, and I'm convinced that the WORLD will be no place for men in due time.

Just had to say that. Great post.
Ambition
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:29 pm

publicduende wrote:
Ghost wrote:One of those blonde bimbos on Faux Nooz said that these things always seem to be done by young men and that she didn't think it was coincidental.

No shit.

As more and more fall through the cracks of an economy and society that beat them down, these things will surely continue happening. It is abhorrent, but the society/culture would never question itself and discover why these things happen and why a small minority of men snap and do something this horrific.

A cold society and a collapsing economy affect men the worst. Women will always get to be coddled by the men and the government. Bearing that weight upon one's shoulders is not something every man can take.

Powerlessness is the worst feeling. The feeling that you are nothing. And it causes a very few men to become deranged.

Why a small minority of men snap is not really a concern exclusive to the US. I am sure most countries in the world where young men don't have to be preoccupied about feeding their family of 5 at least twice a day, will have a fair share of socially and/or sexually repressed individuals.

A few years ago I read a very refreshing book (http://www.randomhouse.com/book/195874/shutting-out-the-sun-by-michael-zielenziger) about the Japanese phenomenon of hikikomori. Mild depression, a negative approach to life, social ineptitude and (probably) a good deal of sexual frustration leads several tens of thousands of Japanese young men to live their lives literally locked in their (usually tiny) bedrooms, surrounded by their items of self-referential comfort and security, their Charlie Brown's blankets so to speak, and perhaps a few fetishes as well.

While seeing a young Japanese man in his prime spending time watching TV or reading mangas at home is definitely quite sad for a society that used to pride itself with its spirit of sacrifice, discipline and resourcefulness, the chance is not very high to have one such hikikomori suddenly get hold of an automatic weapon and go on a shooting rampage at the local primary school or hospital. A case of a psycho killing children is actually recorded in recent history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre). Yet, the perpetrator only had a "humble" kitchen knife at his disposal. Had his fury been served by a weapon similar to the one used in the US, he would have probably killed many more than 8 children.

Common sense would say: ban guns from US citizens, unless those directly involved with security and law enforcement, and every 20 years old wannabe mass murderer will think twice about his odds to kill children or nurses with a kitchen knife or a cosplay replica katana.

But no, you US people have had firearm possession etched in your culture for two centuries. Not having a weapon would equate to giving up your right to defend yourself. You can't even begin to think that, for every man who cannot defend his property with a gun there's another man who can't attack your property with the same kind of weaponry.

So, better giving into Michael Snyder's proposal (http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/society-is-crumbling-right-in-front-of-our-eyes-and-banning-guns-wont-help) to follow the example of the Kennesaw township and actually impose that every household owns and maintains a gun. MAD (mutually assured destruction) in the door-to-door cold war era. I am not laughing.

In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of “Wild Westâ€￾ showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available – for the year 2005 – show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

Well if you ask yakuza he'd probably tell you that hikikomori thing is a product of Western influence. So maybe not exclusive to America, but the West. Or 1st World nations maybe. If guns were banned and criminals started using knives I'd think it kind of a devolution into an even worse savagery though. The other side of the coin is that guns are impersonal and that using a knife you're more likely to understand the weight of taking a life. Yet crazed people like this are most likely already pretty dissociative. Also, like Out West said, could they not just use homemade explosives next? I saw in the comments of one of these articles, someone said the only thing that could top it is targeting a maternity ward. Are we going to ban hammers? Horrible to consider, but necessary in the same way we study the holocaust. No, I don't think the answer is changing the devices for murder. I think it is changing society so it does not produce murderers. That said, I certainly do not take the reformist approach to criminal activity. Once a crime is done, it's done and punishment should be severe. Trust people, love them, right up until they commit the crime. I think that is how to solve these issues.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Ambition wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:This is a horrible tragedy and I agree with what everyone else said about the causes. I never entertained thoughts of school shootings, but I knew I was that kid. The genius outcast with severe social problems. If anyone were to shoot up the school, they'd have placed bets on me. The students and the teachers. How do you think a kid feels about that? They fear you and it builds up. In middle school my mom tried getting me to see school psychologists, but I refused and rebelled. Wanted to kill her and kept around hatred of her for years. Still do, but mostly now I just regard her as insignificant to my life. I was suicidal then too. In high school we had a substitute who gave us some busywork on CPR. So I filled out this worksheet satirically with everything not to do with CPR, how to suffocate people. Black humour to stay sane in a PC hell hole. So I got called to the principal a few days later and was suspended pending a meeting with a psychologist. My dad came and took me to one immediately; if he had scheduled one for a few days later I'd have likely refused and been expelled. My dad was angry, but he also thought what I wrote was funny. He understood, in a way, but perhaps not so intimately as I. He's at the age where even if he recognizes societal problems, and he does think it has gotten worse here since he was my age, he can just retire on the beach and forget about it all. I can't do that because I have to make a life and I want to start a family. So the next day I come in with my dad after the psychologist has found nothing wrong with me, but the principal tries to make me promise to never do it again. I refused because I could not in all honesty have promised that. So I left the room and my dad somehow convinced her to let me stay.

America is sterile. People like my mother and the principal and the psychologists don't view you as human. They think you're like a test subject to be feared. Kids need love, not fear. My mom's doing that with my dad now, having him read books by the latest experts and having him see psychologists. My dad's a criminal defence lawyer who works with deranged people all the time, so he knows way more about it than she does. Has anyone read Atlas Shrugged? Like Dr. Floyd Ferris. Anyway, my mother took my dad's guns away secretly and hid them from him. They've been having constant fighting about it for the past month. When my dad wasn't around and my older sister was home my mother tried to explain herself and asked our opinion. I told her dad ought to go to the Philippines and bang a girl half his age, solve his problems. I meant it too because as much as my dad and I believe in traditional marriage, my mother does not and is now abusing him. He owes her nothing. But of course my Feminist sister thinks I'm a misogynist. Called our dad an emotional abuser ffs.

So my mom tells dad that my sister called me a misogynist and he asked me about it. I told him I'm only as much a misogynist as he is. So he says he regrets having married a cold, emotionless woman, and that I ought to find someone who only wants to give me kisses. So I tell him that's sexist, apparently. According to what all the experts say.

America's no place for men anymore.

Originally, I only made an account to communicate with the few (1% of) members here who aren't about complaints, ignorance and general insipidity, but after reading your post, I have to say something.

I was that kid too. I still am. I did have the idea of murder when I was young, but on a smaller scale -- just to those who really made school suck, but not the ENTIRE student body. Like you, I'm resistant to brainwashing, conformity and unwilling change. Maybe even more-so than you. Had my fair share of expels from schools -- including a Christian private school that I did NOT get on well in. Textbook genius outcast. Story of my life. Everyone says how smart I am and how kids should use me as an example, but those same people slander me behind my back and try to make my life difficult. Like you, administrators of all types from all slices of the pie have tried to hop me up on various medications. Ritalin, Aderoll -- all that shit. But unlike you, I didn't have ANY male at all, let alone one that understood the type of being that I am/was. Any female presence in my life has been a negative and detriment attribute of my own, but such will no longer be the case once I join the military and build my businesses.

I did something similar to what you did with your black humour page. Was stuffed in a looney bin for 72 hours. Of course that didn't go on my record because of something that is both a blessing and a curse.

You said you could be Adam Lanza. Well, I could be worse -- I think I am. Honestly, if I were to snap, I wouldn't do what Adam Lanza did. Whatever my idea of revenge was, I'd make sure it was surgical and precise, all the while pretending to be "normal". I know for a FACT that if I had a son, and he grew up in the West (America especially), he'd be at the very LEAST, someone like Adam. My experiences have made me far worse than any crazed gunman could ever be. I know how to blend in, how to plan, how to adapt. I turn my weaknesses into strengths.

I'm happy that you had your dad in your life and that you're close to him. America is no place for men, the West is no place for men, and I'm convinced that the WORLD will be no place for men in due time.

Just had to say that. Great post.

They don't hear you until someone's dead. My advice? If you don't have someone to be a positive male role model, become a positive male role model for someone else. Remember your gifts. I value my intelligence and want a male heir to keep it alive after I'm dead. You could just as well write a book or make some art.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby lone_yakuza » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Last edited by lone_yakuza on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Postby noog » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:My advice? If you don't have someone to be a positive male role model, become a positive male role model for someone else. Remember your gifts. I value my intelligence and want a male heir to keep it alive after I'm dead. You could just as well write a book or make some art.

+1

Boy Scouts, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, coaching sports, teaching, volunteering, whatever you can do to help the kids, especially the boys who get overlooked the most, is good. We all know America is effed up, so the best thing we can do is help the younger ones and give them a soft place to fall, in the hope they don't have a life sentence or wind up six feet under.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
noog
Freshman Poster

Postby noog » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Gun debates aside, the Connecticut tragedy shows to me a cultural problem.

With the tragic school shooting in Connecticut on Friday, the hot-button issue is gun control or the lack thereof, but it's an issue I could care less about. In fact, this is the last time I'm going to use the word "gun" or mention firearms in this blog.

Also, I am not pointing to a lack of moral or compassionate populace in America. There are many, many thoughtful and compassionate people in America of all ages and all demographics. We live with them, work with them, worship with them and come into contact with them on a daily basis. The kindness of the person who bagged your groceries or cashed your check is still evident today and it has not gone away. Strangers may be quiet, but they are very rarely hostile or inconsiderate.

The pre-meditated killings we are seeing are partially a byproduct of the degrading American culture that has widened its profits and marginalized its people. There is a wide disconnect between the actual citizens of society and the culture here in America today. We have lost healthy American culture and are depriving current and future generations of critical thought. Over the last twenty years American culture has been deprecated and replaced by a mock culture that is both arrogant and ignorant.

I first point to the sad state of the popular music industry. Our popular music has no compassion or social thought any longer. The problem is actually not the artists as much as it is the industry and corporate machine. As a result, all my pre-teen daughters are going to hear on the radio and when they go roller skating is this kind of fare ...

- Ke$ha singing "Party like we're going to die young-young-young-young-young"
- the flavor-of-the-month pop-rap duo ditty
- Gangnam Style or the latest dance craze
- another Adele or Taylor Swift breakup song
- the latest LMFAO song (after all, who hears a cry for help, when party rockers are in the house tonight?!)

The new world order of music is that all pop songs propagated by the music industry must deal with party anthems, romantic endeavors or other superficial subject matter to serve up to our children and keep them in the dark about real issues. I'm sure that Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Beyonce would be more than willing to collaborate on a poignant song about the tragedy in Connecticut, but the message today by record execs is loud and clear that there is no tolerance for those types of songs in the Top 40 anymore. The days of Marvin Gaye releasing "What's Going On?" and causing many an American to think and cry? Gone. The days of a run-of-the-mill hair band White Lion stunning everyone with their thoughtful lyrics and musicianship on "When the Children Cry"? Gone. The days of Pearl Jam giving an unflinching and long hard look at the aftermath of bullying and child neglect in the music video Jeremy? Long gone, and in today's America, banned due to political incorrectness.

From a news media perspective, everything took a sharp turn downhill the day after news networks showed live footage of the slow-speed chase of OJ's white Bronco. The news industry discovered a sick pleasure and a new trigger within society. The new marching orders became "Exploit tragedy and glorify serial crime and watch the ratings climb". The TV industry followed suit and learned from the news industry's new discovery and decided to show the dregs in society something miserable, cheap and monotonous that captivates them (kind of like that slow white Bronco) - and profit. Thus reality TV was born - and is now running amok, even on cable channels that once would never be caught dead showing reality programs. And when the news or reality TV just isn't edgy enough, then it's time to author the darker shows like CSI, Law and Order, Cold Case and all the derivative programs to make everyone worry a bit that their next door neighbor is a serial killer or rapist.

Since Friday, CNN has turned into Sandy Hook News Network because "by golly, this thing has legs politically so let's milk this to the bitter end to push a political agenda and widen the already-massive divide between the hardcore Democrats and Republicans." They happened upon (presuming Connecticut isn't a false flag) a haunting crime and a real doozy of a wedge issue to keep Americans arguing amongst each other ... when they aren't watching reality TV or jamming out to the latest mindless auto-tuned hit or playing with their iPhone. Massive public dissent becomes less attainable as the American populace becomes more fractured and "A house divided against itself cannot stand". The elites are loving every minute of it.

Since the 60's and the full implementation of mass media, TV, music and news media are the primary barometer of our social and collective conscious. Whether we like this or not, it's the truth. And it therefore shows us that today we're in quite the death spiral. Having such an unhealthy collective conscious is only going to intensify the problems in society. When you consider someone who is mentally unstable and desperately alone that could be on the verge of doing something horrible, a sick and narcisstic culture like ours (where Snooki and Charlie Sheen are quasi-heroes), along with a corrupt government, can become the tipping point. Then, very sadly, the innocent blood spilled fuels the machine anew. This depraved and mindless cultural machine, which cares a thousand times more about Kate Middleton than all the young Sandy Hook victims combined, is the thing that really needs to be stopped.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

noog
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm

That Savio quote...you know it was sampled in a Linkin Park song, right? So it's not all bad. I like Janelle Monae for example. She did a tour with Katy Perry, but as far as her actual music Monae is a real artist. I actually like Drake too because he does write cries for help. "We live in a generation of/not being in love" etc. But yeah, my taste usually tends older. Mostly rock music from the 60's or the 90's.

The only rock band that I've really liked from the past 10 years has been The Cribs. They're this British punk band that occasionally writes about men's issues or societal issues. Like the line, "Mass virility makes me forget empathy" from their song We Were Aborted.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Ambition » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 am

There isn't anything that can be done. The world is deteriorating, making way for a new species that will undoubtedly surpass humans in every way. I bet the new guys will recognise how insipid it is that animals can be sent to space with all this money and technology, yet nobody is willing to use those resources to make sure everyone can access food and clean, usable water. I'm sure they'll recognise that weapons of mass-destruction are weapons of mass-murder, and that there is never a good reason to decimate an unarmed civilian population of a country and most of its infrastructure. Maybe they'll take it a step further and be able to unite globally. And I don't mean some shaky, political pseudogroup like the United Nations. Ain't nothin' "united" about these nations. I'll tell you that right now.

I could say that I like the internet as much as the next guy, but I'd be lying. I like it as much as a tool could be liked. I use sites like YouTube and (back in the old days) Facebook, but they aren't the center of my existence. I have this philosophical ethic of emphasising communication -- always listening to what others have to say, always trying to understand what they have to say. Not listening to what they're saying, even, but listening to them. Communication is a lost art. Maybe that's why you have people who snap and pull some Over Nine-Thousand Deaths shit. This escapism has reached its peak. Feminism only got a foothold as significant as the one it currently has because too many men had their eyes glued to shitty daytime television that their failing society hit 'em upside the head like a ninja with a frying pan. Make no mistake -- this applies to EVERYONE. Including the members of this forum.

You guys are a step above most. No question there. But you're still human, meaning you still want things to magically change or change with ease. This is something the next species will learn from, and definitely be sure to avoid -- the weak mentality. The weak, unable-to-ween-from-society mentality. The same people who talk about the "Illuminati" (as if they exist) listen to them. I have one of those religious nuts in my house. She's the one who told me about them and how sinister they allegedly are. But she failed to mention that she still worships them. The screens in this house are always turned to MTV or VH1 -- and not when they show regular programmes, but music lists. The same way you guys talk about your society, yet continue to live in and support it, unable to relocate as the name of the site suggests due to fear and various other reasons.

Don't make fun of shitty mainstream pop music. Taylor Swift may be an insipid, talentless hack, but her lack of talent is a talent in the way that she's making some serious dough. I'll leave it to her to be one of the things that distracts everyone from this recent "horrible tragedy". It'll go for a week, a month tops. The world will be back to fiscal cliffs and weapons that don't exist before ya know it.

I highly suggest you lot pick a side. There are some seriously fucked-up things going on that can't be ignored. I'm not going to tell you which side is which, nor where the lines are drawn. That, you must choose for yourself.
Ambition
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:20 pm

I could respect Taylor Swift more if she was intentionally exploiting stupidity for profit, but I highly doubt she's that conniving. Maybe on of the record execs, but not her personally. What I don get ambition, why does it have to be another species? It could just as easily be another culture or civilization. I said this in another topic, evolution is not unilinear. This is true for biological and cultural evolution. It is not predestined that a culture accept Feminism as it modernizes. What come after postmodernism? They like to think they have ultimate answers, but really they are asking pointless questions. Perhaps something more utilitarian, free thinking, recognizing unfalsifiability of superstition, but also how its mechanism works for positive growth. The Western intellectual class may have accepted nihilism, but there's no reason to think the majority of all future intellectuals will.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:29 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:My advice? If you don't have someone to be a positive male role model, become a positive male role model for someone else. Remember your gifts. I value my intelligence and want a male heir to keep it alive after I'm dead. You could just as well write a book or make some art.

+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby noog » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:I could respect Taylor Swift more if she was intentionally exploiting stupidity for profit, but I highly doubt she's that conniving. Maybe on of the record execs, but not her personally. What I don get ambition, why does it have to be another species? It could just as easily be another culture or civilization. I said this in another topic, evolution is not unilinear. This is true for biological and cultural evolution. It is not predestined that a culture accept Feminism as it modernizes. What come after postmodernism? They like to think they have ultimate answers, but really they are asking pointless questions. Perhaps something more utilitarian, free thinking, recognizing unfalsifiability of superstition, but also how its mechanism works for positive growth. The Western intellectual class may have accepted nihilism, but there's no reason to think the majority of all future intellectuals will.

My beef is not with Taylor Swift specifically. It is with the industry that made her a star and propagates her music endlessly. She's not the one doing the conniving, she's just a puppet on strings.

Adele has more talent, but remember it's all about the singing. No musicianship or social commentary will ever be allowed again. Alicia Keys was the last of her kind.

noog
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm

noog wrote:Alicia Keys was the last of her kind.

Again, Janelle Monae. Her last (first) album was no. 4 on the R&B charts two years ago.

"Sincerely, Jane"

Left the city, my momma she said don't come back home
These kids round' killin each other, they lost they minds, they gone
They quittin' school, making babies and can barely read
Some gone off to their fall, lord have mercy on them
One, two, three, four, your cousins is round' here sellin' dope
While they're daddies, your uncle is walking round' strung out
Babies with babies, and their tears keep burning, while their dreams go down the drain now

Are we really living or just walking dead now?
Or dreaming of a hope riding the wings of angels
The way we live
The way we die
What a tragedy, I'm so terrified
Day dreamers please wake up, we can't sleep no more

Love don't make no sense, ask your neighbor
The winds have changed; it seems they have abandoned us
The truth hurts, and so does yesterday
What good is love if it burns bright, and explodes in flames (I thought every little thing had love but uhh)

The way we live
The way we die

I've seen them shootin' up funerals in they Sunday clothes
Spending money on spinners but won't pay college loans
And all you gangers and bangers rollin' dice and taking lives, in a smokey dark
Lord have mercy on you
Teacher, teacher please reach those girls in them videos
The little girls just broken Queen, confusing bling for soul
Danger, there's danger when you take off your clothes, all your dreams go down the drain girl

The way we live
The way we die

We live and then we die, and we never know the right
So now, now were gone now, on your mark
We live and then we die, and we never touch the sky
So now, now were gone now, on your mark

Five, seven, eight, two, one It is now time, for you to come home my dear
You've been gone long enough
You must come, you must go

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_WhE7mBwK8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgbzNHVg0c[/youtube]
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Andrewww » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:27 am

Eh, I stopped listening to contemporary music with actual lyrics a long time ago.

I'm also an old school rock & disco fan but I like electronic music the most, especially the type where I don't have to hear the words: party, club, dance, hot etc.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

SANDY HOOK & AURORA In BATMAN Movie

Postby zboy1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr2SHssCaWM[/youtube]

A better view of Sandy Hook in Batman movie (Alex Jones)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2mRuEhmoGA[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby publicduende » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:32 am

abcdavid01 wrote:Well if you ask yakuza he'd probably tell you that hikikomori thing is a product of Western influence. So maybe not exclusive to America, but the West. Or 1st World nations maybe. If guns were banned and criminals started using knives I'd think it kind of a devolution into an even worse savagery though. The other side of the coin is that guns are impersonal and that using a knife you're more likely to understand the weight of taking a life. Yet crazed people like this are most likely already pretty dissociative. Also, like Out West said, could they not just use homemade explosives next? I saw in the comments of one of these articles, someone said the only thing that could top it is targeting a maternity ward. Are we going to ban hammers? Horrible to consider, but necessary in the same way we study the holocaust. No, I don't think the answer is changing the devices for murder. I think it is changing society so it does not produce murderers. That said, I certainly do not take the reformist approach to criminal activity. Once a crime is done, it's done and punishment should be severe. Trust people, love them, right up until they commit the crime. I think that is how to solve these issues.

Hikikomori is a product of Japanese society not giving credible alternatives to the typical Japanese man way of life: try hard to get into a good school, pass the exam for a good uni, enter ABC Corporation as an office boy and try and climb the ladder while enduring the 14 hours a day working hours, marry the first young woman you met in high school or college who's still eligible, buy a house on a 35 year mortgage, keep on working, see very little of your wife and kids because you prefer drink up the night with your workmates. If you're lucky, really lucky you will retire on a good pension and spend the remaining 5/10 years of your life tending your flowers and carving wooden masks at the local senior citizen club. End of.

This routine was easy to sell and easy to accept so long the social contract on both parts (the individual and the society) was still holding. With its 30th year of almost continuous recession, Japanese companies prefer to outsource to China, the Philippines or Vietnam, so much of the past 2 "soldier generations" are tired to fight a lost battle. Many of them won't even begin to fight. There are not enough jobs, and Japanese young men are smart enough to roam the Internet, read about different ways of living and drawing the consequences.

I agree with you and Outwest, for that matter. The problem is, the kind of societal-level change you advocate is impossible, not just because it would take too much time and resources, but because the powers to be have designed society to be dysfunctional and breed dysfunction after dysfunction. Only a society that is kept in a permanent state of misery and frustration will easily turn to material surrogates: games and i-Shit, new cars, clothes and jewellery, binge eating/drinking, etc. Even what you label as "feminism" is just the reflection of this kind of conditioning on women. Women react by f***ing everything that moves. Men react killing pixelated characters on a HDTV screen and, (very) few of them end up killing them for real.

Back to the topic, the only thing society can do to prevent these horrible tragedies from repeating themselves is to act on the short-term, "incumbent" danger. Limit the frequency and violence with which these episodes occur. How about issuing a permanent ban on gun possession on all households which contain a sex offender, or a felon, or a young man (or woman) under 25 with a certified emotional/social/learning disability? You say such a definition would include too many false positives? Well, then how we define a false positive?

There's more, methinks. The Newtown shooting is not just a product of videogame + real gun + social disability kid combined. It's a product of the coveted upper middle class of suburban America that "no see, no speak, no hear". American Beauty was a great portrait of what lies beneath those lovely landscaped gardens, what brews behind those fresco walls and what is consumed inside those young hearts. That's a place where social services are out of place, where it's politically incorrect to even assume that there might be something toxic, something ready to explode, in a single mom with a stash of military-grade weapons in her cupboard and a kids whose mental health was continuing to deteriorate year after year. Upper class suburbia is a place too posh for the US social services, for the cops, for a slightly nosier member of the local community.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions