This is why girls need fathers

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

One more thing don't research occult or demons etc you will get whatyou ask for. I never did that or anything. I wonder why me? Why did God allow me to experience the spirits? I believe we are all called to Spread the Gospel of the Christ. That is our purpose. To save a lost world. Our physical world is NOT the real world. Life truly begins when we "die" or for better word pass on. No one will ever convince me God is not real I have no choice but to know because the visitations. There is no forgiveness for the fallen angels which are demons but there are forgiveness for us b.c God loves us. Jesus was the sinless price He paid the price so we can be free from hell IF we follow Him. People say God sends people to hell no people send themselves to hell. Hell was not made for humanity it was originally for demons yet when we sin we become opposite of God. No unholiness can live with a pure and holy God.
Last edited by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen on January 19th, 2013, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:It kind of hurts my heart to know virgin teen and adult daughters are a dying breed.
In later Roman times most upper class people were sleeping around and wife-swapping. Upper class women spent time as temple prostitutes before marrying. Gladiators were killing each other for sport. Then Christianity came in, and changed all that.

My point is not to push Christianity. I am just saying that there are many, many examples of morals changing for the better. They can change in one generation actually.

Cannibalism, the intercontinental slave trade, human sacrifice, wife-burning... all vanished quickly when people decided to make changes.

I've heard that child drunkenness was a major problem in England, before the Great Awakening changed English society.

Up to us.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This is why girls need fathers

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:The documentary "The Virgin Daughters" talks about why girls need good fathers. I thought it was a great documentary. It's worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZyuLtH4X4
Nice, thanks for posting.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Good thread here, guys. I hope Winston is reading.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jester wrote: In later Roman times most upper class people were sleeping around and wife-swapping. Upper class women spent time as temple hoes before marrying. Gladiators were killing each other for sport.
In the Roman times there was also the Vestal Virgins, high priestesses of the goddess Vesta. No one could marry them because they were expected to be pure for life.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Boys and Girls needs both their mothers and fathers to be good men and good women someday. If the biological mom and dad are not present, they still need mother figures and father figures to teach them how to be honorable men and honorable women someday. The sad thing is that nowadays, children are growing up without adults to guide them be adults themselves.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Theistic belief systems consist of very simple human psychological projections (God the FATHER.. Need I say more?). Believers are taught that should they fail to take on and incessantly repeat a series of nonsensical jargons, they will burn in hell for all of eternity. At least in the modern, largely secularized world, people only succumb to this out of a sense of hopelessness which itself is a delusion in the first place. So what you have is people with undesirable delusions attempting to replace them with more desirable ones, rather that getting to the root of the problem by looking within.

Whether consciousness is divine or not, life is still life. No one KNOWS what the real truth of our existence is (as 100% of Christians claim to out of insecurity) as it is impossible. It's possible as humans we have a greater purpose in our time on earth, or that life is technically meaningless as we experience it, either way no one can know. One can lead a good, moral life without religion, so the most honourable thing is to do so rather than indulging in self-delusion. If there is a daddy deity, he will commend you for doing so.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:One more thing don't research occult or demons etc you will get whatyou ask for. I never did that or anything. I wonder why me? Why did God allow me to experience the spirits? I believe we are all called to Spread the Gospel of the Christ. That is our purpose. To save a lost world. Our physical world is NOT the real world. Life truly begins when we "die" or for better word pass on. No one will ever convince me God is not real I have no choice but to know because the visitations. There is no forgiveness for the fallen angels which are demons but there are forgiveness for us b.c God loves us. Jesus was the sinless price He paid the price so we can be free from hell IF we follow Him. People say God sends people to hell no people send themselves to hell. Hell was not made for humanity it was originally for demons yet when we sin we become opposite of God. No unholiness can live with a pure and holy God. Remember Ruckus01 on youtube.
oh no, please

haargh
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:One more thing don't research occult or demons etc you will get whatyou ask for. I never did that or anything. I wonder why me? Why did God allow me to experience the spirits? I believe we are all called to Spread the Gospel of the Christ. That is our purpose. To save a lost world. Our physical world is NOT the real world. Life truly begins when we "die" or for better word pass on. No one will ever convince me God is not real I have no choice but to know because the visitations. There is no forgiveness for the fallen angels which are demons but there are forgiveness for us b.c God loves us. Jesus was the sinless price He paid the price so we can be free from hell IF we follow Him. People say God sends people to hell no people send themselves to hell. Hell was not made for humanity it was originally for demons yet when we sin we become opposite of God. No unholiness can live with a pure and holy God. Remember Ruckus01 on youtube.
Yes, very true ILBAW. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of religious people here besides you, me. well-informed, fschmidt and a couple of other people on the forum. I wonder why that is? Atheism will lead to a life of emptiness and spiritual bankruptcy in my opinion. This is the case especially for Winston! I think he needs to find God again in his life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

lavezzi wrote:Believers are taught that should they fail to take on and incessantly repeat a series of nonsensical jargons, they will burn in hell for all of eternity.
Believers are not taught this. I was not taught this. Therefore you are lying.

All of your statements are lies. I do not have time to demolish them all as fast as you spew them. Make one statement at at a time, so I can demolish them, one at a time.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

zboy1 wrote:
Yes, very true ILBAW. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of religious people here besides you, me. well-informed, fschmidt and a couple of other people on the forum. I wonder why that is? Atheism will lead to a life of emptiness and spiritual bankruptcy in my opinion. This is the case especially for Winston! I think he needs to find God again in his life.
I agree with that! It does lead to spiritual bankruptcy! Yet I am still an atheist because I cannot refute the post-modernists, the moral relativists, on a cosmic scale. To me, morality is important in functioning societies, but I can't prove that some deity proclaimed morality and thus cannot believe in such things.
lavezzi wrote:Theistic belief systems consist of very simple human psychological projections (God the FATHER.. Need I say more?). Believers are taught that should they fail to take on and incessantly repeat a series of nonsensical jargons, they will burn in hell for all of eternity. At least in the modern, largely secularized world, people only succumb to this out of a sense of hopelessness which itself is a delusion in the first place. So what you have is people with undesirable delusions attempting to replace them with more desirable ones, rather that getting to the root of the problem by looking within.

Whether consciousness is divine or not, life is still life. No one KNOWS what the real truth of our existence is (as 100% of Christians claim to out of insecurity) as it is impossible. It's possible as humans we have a greater purpose in our time on earth, or that life is technically meaningless as we experience it, either way no one can know. One can lead a good, moral life without religion, so the most honourable thing is to do so rather than indulging in self-delusion. If there is a daddy deity, he will commend you for doing so.
It would be nice if this were true, but empirically it is not. Belief in deities, superstition, taboos are much stronger motivating factors for good behavior than abstract recognition of positive morals. Without acknowledgment of real consequences (Hell) it is all too easy to slip into immortality. This is my struggle.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Jester wrote:Make one statement at at a time, so I can demolish them, one at a time.
OK. Christianity is no different from, and is in fact a cult.

Last edited by lavezzi on December 27th, 2012, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: This is why girls need fathers

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

[quote="abcdavid01]Belief in deities, superstition, taboos are much stronger motivating factors for good behavior than abstract recognition of positive morals. Without acknowledgment of real consequences (Hell) it is all too easy to slip into immortality. This is my struggle.[/quote]

True, but when a culture is built on superstition this is bound to end in disaster because one day the false beliefs will cave in on themselves. The populous will then reject all the positive values garnished by the religion as being equally superstitious and be left with nothing but a strong sense of hopelessness i.e. nihilism, as we're seeing now. The West has outgrown superstition and now has no way of knowing how to be purely orientated in life. What we need is a more expansive view of who we are and how we relate to the world which is not dependent on supernatural beliefs, which is entirely possible despite how it may seem due to our skewed cultural reference points.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

lavezzi wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Belief in deities, superstition, taboos are much stronger motivating factors for good behavior than abstract recognition of positive morals. Without acknowledgment of real consequences (Hell) it is all too easy to slip into immortality. This is my struggle.
True, but when a culture is built on superstition this is bound to end in disaster because one day the false beliefs will cave in on themselves. The populous will then reject all the positive values garnished by the religion as being equally superstitious and be left with nothing but a strong sense of hopelessness i.e. nihilism, as we're seeing now. The West has outgrown superstition and now has no way of knowing how to be purely orientated in life. What we need is a more expansive view of who we are and how we relate to the world which is not dependent on supernatural beliefs, which is entirely possible despite how it may seem due to our skewed cultural reference points.
That's hard to gauge because all cultures were built on superstition. I get what you're saying though. I just think it's natural for humans to believe in superstition and I'm a skeptic of our ability to overcome that. I'd rather there be positive outlets for these instincts than none at all. Or more accurately I doubt the possibility of there ever being no superstition in humanity.