Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Brilliant pupil's 'logical' suicide

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Brilliant pupil's 'logical' suicide

Postby Billy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 am

life ist shit. we all know it but nobody wants to admit it. anyway this pupil did know how to make it. whiners will still whine because they have no guts.


A BRILLIANT schoolboy shot himself in the head after carefully calculating the benefits of life and deciding it was not worth living, an inquest was told yesterday.

Dario Iacoponi, 15, a pupil at the London Oratory in Fulham, west London, which is attended by Tony Blair's two sons, Euan, 14, and Nicky, 12, kept a diary of his philosophical thoughts on life in the two months leading up to his death. The Oratory is one of the top Roman Catholic schools in the country.

After weighing up the pros and cons, he decided to commit suicide and planned it meticulously. He taught himself to use his father's shotgun and worked out how to fire it with a wooden spoon. He then waited until neither of his parents was at home before carrying out the plan last month.

Dr John Burton, the West London Coroner, said it was clearly a considered process and Dario "came down on the side of suicide".

The inquest was told that the teenager was a brilliant pupil who had already passed six GCSEs at A* or A grades a year early. He played the violin and piano and was hoping to study law at Yale or Harvard.

But a darker side to his character emerged in diaries found by police. They spoke of his difficulties in coping with life, although there was little, or no mention, of any specific problem such as bullying.

Dario, an only child, was found by a 20-year-old lodger at the family's home in Ealing, west London. He had a shotgun by his side.

His father, Pietro, a translator, was in Switzerland on business, and his mother, Saleni, a teacher, was at an amateur dramatics class.

Inspector Colin Nursey, who found five diaries covering the last year of Dario's life, said there was a reference in them contemplating suicide. "He would not leave a note, he was very specific about that," he said.

Neither parent was in court, but Nadia Taylor, a family friend for the past 15 years, told the inquest that Dario was "always a very sociable and very friendly person". She added: "We are all very shocked. It all came as a surprise to us that he felt this way."

But Dr Burton said he could see no other conclusion than that Dario had taken his own life. "He has made it clear that he did so. That is the only verdict that I can return.

"He was quite stoical about it. He did not fear death. He decided on balance that life is not good and points out that the mathematics he has used are indisputable."

Dario's headmaster, John McIntosh, has said he was baffled and the school shocked. "He was an extremely able boy and he got on well with other pupils and his teachers and was extremely happy at school."
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm







Postby expatasiaseeker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Another young man lost and alienated due to a man-hating feminist society.

When are we men going to WAKE THE f**k UP and start FIGHTING BACK against these evil man-hating bitches?

When are YOU, as a man, going to spend at least 30 minutes a day preaching the gospel of antifeminism to other men, even if it is just anonymously online, and telling men the truth about how badly men are screwed over in the western world and America? You just might SAVE a few men's LIVES by doing so.

Imagine if some antifeminist man had met this guy online and convinced him to leave the West and move to Asia? He'd still be alive today. His blood is on all of our hands, because we are not doing enough to wake men up and save them.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm

If he was so brilliant, he'd have chosen a method that didn't leave a bio-hazard mess for someone else to clean up and didn't out the father's ownership of a firearm. Inconsiderate little shit.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby expatasiaseeker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:If he was so brilliant, he'd have chosen a method that didn't leave a bio-hazard mess for someone else to clean up and didn't out the father's ownership of a firearm. Inconsiderate little shit.


And what have YOU done personally to try to wake up your fellow man? To speak the truth about feminism and the sick modern society and help wake up your fellow men?

If you MRAs weren't such a bunch of useless bastards, we could have already stopped feminism by now.

Every young man who commits suicide is a stain on the hands of you guys who have done nothing to try to save other men from feminism.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am

Postby Teal Lantern » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm not an MRA, so your complaint doesn't apply to me.

What I've "personally" done is inform people on what I think wise courses of action are, on a personal scale -- that doesn't rely on waiting for laws and social mores to change.

It is their (and your) decision to use or discard it as just another opinion.

As long as men like you regard "feminism" as strictly a modern political movement and keep futilely demanding the women 'play nice' again, men are going to keep losing.

The difference is

I'm telling men to get to high ground. You're demanding that it stop raining.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Used mathematics? No one can view life entirely rationally. The human mind is much too limited for that. What metrics was he using? Because this is just a fallacy called Econometricism. Only a God can view life mathematically. Sure, the arguments may be logical, but what if the premise is flawed? What are his axioms? What variables can be changed as far as time or space? Foolish little man... :(

At least he didn't take 20 schoolchildren with him. If you think Feminism is the problem you're thinking too narrow. Feminism is a branch of Post-modernism, the philosophy that says nothing means anything, there are no morals, and everyone's a victim. We just have to bite the bullet though. This will pass, like all intellectual movements.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Re: Brilliant pupil's 'logical' suicide

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Yep..another dead young lad...

Pretty soon these lads are going to decide that they should kill OTHER PEOPLE first.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 am

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Any link to the story?

This is quite different from the typical stories of violence we hear often nowadays. How does one use mathematics to determine life is not worth living? That is either genius or madness. Then again, I don't know math. If I was going to off myself, a study of literature or history, not to mention noting all the dysfunctions of society. That's probably how most suicidal people come to that point.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Ghost wrote:Any link to the story?

This is quite different from the typical stories of violence we hear often nowadays. How does one use mathematics to determine life is not worth living? That is either genius or madness. Then again, I don't know math. If I was going to off myself, a study of literature or history, not to mention noting all the dysfunctions of society. That's probably how most suicidal people come to that point.


You can't. Only a God could view the world 100% rationally. It's similar to people who think they can control the economy using pure mathematics. There's no way to know all the variables. Unless you have omniscience there are just too many variables to consider, not to mention those variables must be considered in real time. For a God this may be possible, but for humans we can only live under the assumption of chaos and make the best predictions that we can.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby Billy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:49 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/brill ... 88778.html

http://hhhatumass.wordpress.com/2012/05 ... l-suicide/



Well a LOT of people have a lot to say about how shit people are and how shit the world is in general. Life sucks, everything is worthless and there does seem to be a lot of people who comment about how life is worthless, I've heard it sometimes in person but most of them are through the media and on the internet, even in this here nf.
People have suicidal thoughts and it doesn't seem to be a rare thing either, this kid simply had a calculating approach to it and actually had the balls to go through with it unlike with most people for whatever reason.

And then when threads or issues like these pop up, there is a "life is worth it" sort of approach to most comments which strakly oppose the reactions in threads where something bad happens other than suicide.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby lone_yakuza » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 am

.
Last edited by lone_yakuza on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Postby ClearView » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 am

"Brilliant" is not killing yourself. "Brilliant" is find a way to make life brilliant. This guy killed himself because he lacked brilliance and couldn't find a better option. This guy didn't have balls for killing himself. It take courage to live and more courage to find better ways and to implement them to live better.
ClearView
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 am

ClearView wrote:"Brilliant" is not killing yourself. "Brilliant" is find a way to make life brilliant. This guy killed himself because he lacked brilliance and couldn't find a better option. This guy didn't have balls for killing himself. It take courage to live and more courage to find better ways and to implement them to live better.


That's just a cliche and even worse an untrue one. Humans, like all animals, have an innate survival instinct. Suicide is extremely hard. It probably just makes your life easier to think it more courageous to live. Idiots can easily find meaning in life. The brilliant grapple with the existential on a daily basis.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby lavezzi » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Life is not shit. What's shit is the mental fantasy commonly mistaken as being life i.e. barked out noises labelled onto conceptual, non-existent forms. Without the emphasis on this nonsense, life is felt as the miracle it is known to be.

The brilliant grapple with the existential on a daily basis.


What's your definition of "brilliant"? A person who's memorized a bunch of things? Suffering occurs due to ignorance, not brilliance.
lavezzi
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:38 pm
Location: Republic of Éire

Postby ClearView » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:05 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:
ClearView wrote:"Brilliant" is not killing yourself. "Brilliant" is find a way to make life brilliant. This guy killed himself because he lacked brilliance and couldn't find a better option. This guy didn't have balls for killing himself. It takes courage to live and more courage to find better ways and to implement them to live better.


That's just a cliche and even worse an untrue one. Humans, like all animals, have an innate survival instinct. Suicide is extremely hard. It probably just makes your life easier to think it more courageous to live. Idiots can easily find meaning in life. The brilliant grapple with the existential on a daily basis.


It may be an untrue cliche for you but this doesn't mean that it is untrue for everyone. A cliche doesn't mean that it's untrue either and calling it a cliche is just a way to try and deflect the point and is irrelevant.

Sure we have an innate survival instinct. That is obvious. I don't disagree that it may be hard for someone to commit suicide - but balls? To me balls is fighting against struggle either within or out every moment of the day. To me balls is doing the right thing by ones own moral code even when it's hard day in day out. Suicide may be hard but once it's done it's done and the struggle is over.

While as you say idiots can find meaning in life this does not mean that brilliant people can't also find meaning in life. All types of people can, or not. One type of person achieving an experience does not mean that another type of person cannot experience the same.

My point is that this guy who killed himself wasn't able to find enough positive meaning in life to give him a reason to continue. To me this is not brilliance though that is just my opinion. Another may call me an idiot for finding meaning in life and yet another may call me brilliant. Neither opinion really matters to me as much as my own experience of life. What really matters, to me at least, is that I have positive meaning in my life because it is the difference between whether I cultivate inner peace or inner suffering.
ClearView
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests