Best countries for broke men with little money?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Honestly I would say Eastern Europe as a whole, Philippines, and parts of SA are the only habitable safe places for a broke man.

Having made lots of money here in LA, I would honestly say that if I could have done it over I would have saved it and spent it in Eastern Europe.
Europe good for broke guys??

That's a stretch there.
He was referring to Eastern Europe, not Western Europe. Some places in Europe are still cheap to live in. Do the research. This is especially true in small towns and small cities.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The best country for a broke and "average" man is the USA so you can improve yourself and earn the means to move abroad.

If you are broke, you have no business planning to move abroad just yet.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The best country for a broke and "average" man is the USA so you can improve yourself and earn the means to move abroad.

C.E.,
For all of the places you've lived/worked, how many languages have you wound up needing to learn?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The best country for a broke and "average" man is the USA so you can improve yourself and earn the means to move abroad.

C.E.,
For all of the places you've lived/worked, how many languages have you wound up needing to learn?
I speak English, Spanish, and French, the latter two being useless for where I like to go.

That being said, in every capital city I visit there are legions of people who speak English well enough to communicate with you. I want to learn Russian so I can take it to the next level with the Central Asian women I meet who do not speak English, but learning another language is not easy and not necessarily worth it unless you plan on living in a particular place for the long haul.

I will say that if you speak the local language, you are more apt to land women who dream of meeting a westerner. The local women who speak English are more experienced with English speakers and the wow factor is not as much there for them.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

ladislav wrote:
Banano wrote:broke means, living on an average salary of locals

colombia $450 p/m
PH $350
Th $450

would any HA member score in any of the above countries on those salaries
You would but you would have to be rather good looking and court girls on local terms. But generally no one likes a poor/average foreigner. Been one. It sucks.
I have to second and third this. It's always about the money or else they'd prefer to date someone that is from their own culture and speaks their same language. If you can't make their life better why would they want to date you? I'd say if you are broke a good looking just stay in the West there are probably some good looking type A bitches that would like a kept man!
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Honestly I would say Eastern Europe as a whole, Philippines, and parts of SA are the only habitable safe places for a broke man.

Having made lots of money here in LA, I would honestly say that if I could have done it over I would have saved it and spent it in Eastern Europe.
Europe good for broke guys??

That's a stretch there.
He was referring to Eastern Europe, not Western Europe. Some places in Europe are still cheap to live in. Do the research. This is especially true in small towns and small cities.
Actually I have been to towns in Western Europe that are far cheaper than California or even the Midwest.

Take Lake Como, Italy where George Clooney lives for example. I found that town very cheap compared to LA.
I'm shocked to hear this. When I lived in Italy over a decade ago it was much more expensive than USA. I remember going to Como and Lugano and we ate on the Swiss side in whatever town that is and I paid $55 for a meal when you could pay $20 for the same meal in the USA.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

'The local women who speak English are more experienced with English speakers and the wow factor is not as much there for them.'

+1

anyone else noticed this phenomenon with foreign women who speak english? The better her english is more feminized and less traditional she will be,
I met a few Russians who spoke good english and who travelled , its not easy to impress these girls,

' It's always about the money or else they'd prefer to date someone that is from their own culture and speaks their same language.'
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Stay in the USA if you're broke. You'll get stranded if you travel when you're broke. God, one taxi scam could see you starving...
dsrtrick
Freshman Poster

Post by dsrtrick »

I agree stay in the US & perhaps move to south Texas, might as well be in Mexico LOL! Just saying, no seriously stay here we need the money to be spent here in the US.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Concensus is ..

if you are living on average salary of country you in you are better off to stay in your home country(USA)

one little taxi scam could see you starving-terminator

one more proof that success with women abroad has a lot to do with the size of your bank account

Is HA a pipe dream
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Banano wrote:Concensus is ..

if you are living on average salary of country you in you are better off to stay in your home country(USA)

one little taxi scam could see you starving-terminator

one more proof that success with women abroad has a lot to do with the size of your bank account

Is HA a pipe dream
The nice thing about America is that women do not care how much money you have, right?
At least you fit well in the miserable at home theme...LOL
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Don't any of you follow travel blogs to talk about overseas soo much? Apparently not...

Tim Leffel has been writing about this for a decade... Some things have changed but they have mostly stayed the same because economic progress is slow.

http://travel.booklocker.com/2012/09/18 ... 2-edition/

The short version, pretty much anywhere in South East Asia especially Vietnam and Cambodia

In Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, or Bulgaria. I would add Ukraine but I wouldn't want to live there for too long.

In Latin America, Central America is the most affordable, Argentina is imploding a bit - http://www.businessinsider.com/argentin ... lt-2012-11

Now armed with that information making a choice shouldn't be very hard. SEA and Central America including Mexico are ROCK BOTTOM PRICES for things like rent, food and the usual stuff that comes with housing yourself.

You can get a studio with central heating for $150 a month down in and another TJ, all the way to the coast in Rosario.

I was gathering cost information and its a nice long thread of people who live there - http://www.tjamigos.com/index.php?showtopic=55171

My plan is to live in Rosario for few years and stack money for bigger plans. Its dirty cheap!