Is Western Christianity dying

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

fschmidt wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Maybe it's time for another Martin Luther.
You mean the guy who said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a sinner and sin vigorously; but even more vigorously believe and delight in Christ who is victor over sin, death and the world.... It is sufficient that we recognize through the wealth of God's glory the lamb who bears the sins of the world; from this sin does not sever us, even if thousands, thousands of times in one day we should fornicate or murder.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://7dolors.com/apolofaiths.htm
There certainly is a clear distinction between Christianity and the Eastern Karma concept. With Karma, if you do something bad, you are stuck with it and may have to work though it over many lifetimes. With Christianity, people can do anything no matter how bad, and it doesn’t matter as long as they repent. All religions clearly are not the same. Also, Jews hate Martin Luther.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

terminator wrote:
Ghost wrote:Christianity in the West is dead...spiritually dead. For anyone who hasn't woken up to the church's corruption, consider the influence of women/feminism in church. Churches want men to "man up" and marry single moms and so forth because if they held women to Christian standards, they would soon lose massive numbers of members, which means the funding goes shortly thereafter.

Churchianity, as it is more accurately called sometimes, is nothing more than a business now and seeks for worldly riches. Such corruption from a religion which was about simple and good truths.

Christianity may well be the best idea that was never practiced.
+1 - just go to a Catholic Church & everyone rushes home at the end like there's a fire in the Church. In other Churches, you have to give 10% of your income and give up drinking, etc. - Jesus turned water into wine, so alcohol can't be bad. Churches are just controlled by the Govt just like in Nzzi Germany...
I definitely agree with these criticisms.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The number of youth (teenagers and early twenties) attending Catholic Churches in America has been sharply declining. Many of the youth aren't dedicated or truly practice it.

The Orthodox Churches in Eastern Europe seem to be doing well and doing a great job fighting against promiscuity and homosexuality in their region. Are there a good number of youth attending the Orthodox Churches in Eastern Europe? Is that one good place to potentially meet a good and beautiful wife abroad?
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Hmmm, not really, I don't go to church very often either. In Eastern Europe they're usually full on Sundays but it's mostly old people who go regularly.

Things are changing rapidly back there also. The generation born after 1990 is pretty messed up.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Andrewww wrote:Hmmm, not really, I don't go to church very often either. In Eastern Europe they're usually full on Sundays but it's mostly old people who go regularly.

Things are changing rapidly back there also. The generation born after 1990 is pretty messed up.
Everywhere is changing but the generation can't be that messed up. They appear to have many morals that are almost nonexistent in the Western World.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:
Andrewww wrote:Hmmm, not really, I don't go to church very often either. In Eastern Europe they're usually full on Sundays but it's mostly old people who go regularly.

Everywhere is changing but the generation can't be that messed up. They appear to have many morals that are almost nonexistent in the Western World.
Pleas elaborate.

We could all stand to hear some positives!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Jester wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Pleas elaborate.

We could all stand to hear some positives!
Most Eastern European girls on the websites mention they are Orthodox. On American dating sites more girls say they have no religion.

Girls in Eastern Europe want families and a good guy. Most girls in America want a thug whether they admit it or not.

Studies done in 2010-2012 say that girls have a 50% chance of being a virgin at age 18. The number should be higher outside of cities.

Feminism hasn't ruined those countries, wherever feminism becomes dominant the girls of the particular country become very messed up (American girls are messed up).

Many Russian girls have negative views on alcohol and smoking. American girls think alcohol and smoking are fun. American girls and women are more likely to be binge drinkers, alcoholics, and smoking rates are rising (especially among women).

Statistically, girls that are Christian, not a feminist, and Not liberal are more likely to be more moral than girls that are Not religious, Feminist, and liberal.

Eastern European girls have many morals that are no longer present in the Western World.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Tsar, I believe a distinction is in order.

American women, young ones, and perhaps American people in general, they are not atheist. They are "agnostic and not too serious about it" or a bunch of Protestants who don't go to Church. These are people who either don't want to or are too dumb to contemplate theology. Lost souls.

We go on about the sheeple, but I think this is intrinsic. Most people simply cannot be woken up. They need to be lead by a wise, kind and just shepherd. A patriarch. Unfortunately we live in a matriarchy where the sheep are being allowed to run wild.

Here's what Marx said that was true:

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

Here's what Marx said that's false:

"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo."

"Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower."

The people have given up their illusions, but have not found happiness. They have failed to pluck the flower. Like all the rest, Marxist theology is a failed experiment - a very dangerous one, like a slow acting poison affecting the whole world.

Hayek got it right. Humans are inherently religious because we can only perceive abstractions in metaphors. We have traditions, the bedrock of culture. Conversely, animals are not religious because they do not think in abstractions, but rely on instinct. Similarity, a purely rational being, an artificial intelligence perhaps, would also lack abstract thought and not be religious. However, humans will always be irrational. Let us have our opium. It is the far kinder thing to do.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Religion is not just an illusion, it's a means of teaching people values like compassion, brotherhood, charity or else...It uses fear to an extent to incorporate those values but I don't think that's a bad thing. The biggest damage done to Christianity ironically came from the Pope and his lackeys. That's why I don't think going to church is really necessary to be religious. What's important is to apply those values in daily life.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Illusion is Marx's word. I would say religion is a sort of carrier for tradition, which is necessary for civilization.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

Yes, I believe Christianity is dying, from my perspective in the United States. It may seem hard for many to comprehend but there is an unseen force moving in this country to separate everyone from God. When America was at its strongest point, God's hand was with us. We were much stronger than any other country militarily, in education and the dollar was backed by Gold. There was even a time when the Bible was taught in the school systems here. Teen pregnancy was unheard of and if memory serves me, around 70% of households were made up of a married man and woman. Today, America is in rapid decline with the dollar on life support, immorality being forced on us and 47 million Americans getting government hand outs(welfare, unemployment)

In his 1835 book, Democracy in America, Alexis de Tocqueville wanted to know what made America so great. He found that the only difference between America and any other country was our reliance on the God of the Bible.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:
Most Eastern European girls on the websites mention they are Orthodox. On American dating sites more girls say they have no religion.

Girls in Eastern Europe want families and a good guy. Most girls in America want a thug whether they admit it or not.

Studies done in 2010-2012 say that girls have a 50% chance of being a virgin at age 18. The number should be higher outside of cities.

Feminism hasn't ruined those countries, wherever feminism becomes dominant the girls of the particular country become very messed up (American girls are messed up).

Many Russian girls have negative views on alcohol and smoking. American girls think alcohol and smoking are fun. American girls and women are more likely to be binge drinkers, alcoholics, and smoking rates are rising (especially among women).

Statistically, girls that are Christian, not a feminist, and Not liberal are more likely to be more moral than girls that are Not religious, Feminist, and liberal.

Eastern European girls have many morals that are no longer present in the Western World.
Thanks!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Looking at he above posts, I will say once again: the best writing in the world is being done on HA.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:Looking at the above posts, I will say once again: the best writing in the world is being done on HA.