20 Reasons Not to Join the Military: Why it's foolish

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by Adama »

zboy1 wrote:
Some of the downsides of serving in the military included: having to deal with a lot of A-hole personalities (including many NCOs and Officers)...
This is the main reason you shouldn't join. If you have a sociopath in the group, you can't just quit or ask for a transfer. You have to live with this person oppressing you. And what can you do about it, for literally years or whatever?

I have worked with discharged Army and Navy men. I would say that a very significant percentage of them are simply terrible jerks, including pettiness and backstabbing, just like old, angry fat women.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Moretorque »

Adama wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Some of the downsides of serving in the military included: having to deal with a lot of A-hole personalities (including many NCOs and Officers)...
This is the main reason you shouldn't join. If you have a sociopath in the group, you can't just quit or ask for a transfer. You have to live with this person oppressing you. And what can you do about it, for literally years or whatever?

I have worked with discharged Army and Navy men. I would say that a very significant percentage of them are simply terrible jerks, including pettiness and backstabbing, just like old, angry fat women.
The main reason you should not join the military is.

1. In the US there are supposed to be no standing armies, they gave them a Navy in the Constitution I believe to do look out for the British empire and I believe it was only to be equipped with 25,000 men.

2. Also they take an oath to defend the Constitution, is whats going on today in the military have any reference to that document?
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: 20 Reasons Not to Join the Military: Why it's foolish

Post by Winston »

Look! Winston and his girlfriend Lisa have joined the Communist Chinese army! LOL. Don't I look great in the uniform? lol. Wouldn't I have made a great soldier? lol.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

LOL Check out Winston in the US Cavalry uniform, with his bayonet and sword and war like face. LOL

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

Free in trade training and possibly education.
Unlikely to get fired or laid off.
Great pension inflation adjusted
Health care [for you yanks]
Pick the right trade and you will probably never get sent to a war zone and won't hit the front lines.

My father was RCAF during Korea. They sent him across the country and to various places in the US. Never to Korea and even if they did he would be in the rear with the gear. Basically it was a job where you salute for him once you get out of basic. Basic was a breeze from a strapping rural lad like him.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:Look! Winston and his girlfriend Lisa have joined the Communist Chinese army! LOL. Don't I look great in the uniform? lol. Wouldn't I have made a great soldier? lol.

Mr.Wu you are a soldier a soldier of truth...................... :wink:
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Personal Research Report

Post by Master »

I like this Post, quite a lot. As I am personally anti-war.
Anti-own interests.

THough not born that way. Growing up I was heavily into joining the miliatary. I had the wanting to be the best of the best of the best attitude. I dont know where I got those ideas from but probably from the american conditioning of cartoons and be no.1 in everything. As if that actually means anything. Many times I was the no.1 in everything and never got any satisfaction, cared afterwards, and actually felt bad about it because to be no.1 I had to defeat many people and it ate them up making them looking foolish so I felt bad about hurting them. But back then I didnt know that and I had to out do everyone. I think school hammers it in you with the simpliest earliest form of G.P.A. or who does the best gets the candy, goes first, is the best student, gets the golden star! So I wanted to be the best of the best of the best. I had thought fighting for this country would make me a hero. Many things got in the way of me being the best ever! For starters I got very lucky and was always very intune and smart. I remember travelling out of the country in my early years and though I didnt like travelling to those countries I did learn a lot. One of the leasons was Oliver Stone. I notice tv overseas gaved better tv and thus I had access to stuff I didnt watch back home. One day I got lucky near christmas and watched the doors. I remember making a huge impact on me. The reason I bring stone is quite the obvious many of his imagery art films have antiwar message. After watching several anti-war films it made me hesitate to think maybe I was wrong. I was unlucky though I had been in a major city I never met any opposite person with strong anti-american/anti-war messages. In school we had several recruits. which I was thinking about today and when I thought about it I realized it was wrong. They probably didnt go to rich schools to recruit. Why did our school allowed it? Obviously, it was a poor school to recruit poor kids into being pawns of a war. Because no ivy school would allow such bullshit to happen, and rightfully so. No winner would waste one second with such dead beat shit. The recruiters would go often and promote with tons of activites a ton of military crap. My turbulant and probably permanant anti-war shock I ever got was the film Born of the 4th of July. I swear if anybody had any doubt that is all you'll ever need. I actually looked it up and the film is a based on the real Ron Kovic and he authored the book. I think I had seen that film obviously overseas before I had the internet. That movie gave me nightmares. It is probably Tom Cruises best film and shouldve won the oscar. Nevertheless that didnt pursuade me enough from my core will to be the best and prove it. I think it mightve had with garbage incentives they gave like college tiation. I think the main reason was that I never liked the studying system nor my local school, let alone my local location. I thought I would get nothing but benefits from it because they promote it that way. They get helped on taxes and have special programs when you need extra cash. Since I didnt know much and they dont actually give you enough details. I wanted to join for sure the best special group. I had seen enough commericals to think it was the navy seals. Talking to a lot of them they mentioned the marines. So I had been deadset to join the marines. My second taste of shocked that ran down my spine. I was in high school and I couldve join Rotc. In fact I did, without knowing that to get miliary benefits from it I had to join two years. When I joined I think I was a senoir. The class had a great enviornment. There were several hot babes that were into me. I was always the shy type and had just gotten over a bad brake up. When I realized I wasnt going to get the two requirements to get higher rank and pay I decided to drop out. Also the babes later didnt seem worth the trouble. But my short time there I got a bad feeling about it. My first being the teacher who seemened nice and proper lied to us which really pissed me off. He made it seem like if we went to volunteer at a college exciting footballl game at the statium we would do little work and have fun and watch the game. Yea right! A soon as we got there they were strict on our dress code and treated us like crap. They had told me I could take friends. I took a stupid friend who I told they asked for black shoes or boots. He stupidely took green boots on purpose thinking they werent going to care. Ha! As soon as he got in they kicked him out like trash. He couldnt believe it. He had thought since it was community service they'd let him do whatever he'd want. Pssss! Not in his dreams. Me personally took me far away from the game and the supervisor was constantly on us watching our every move. Being the trooper I winged it out but it didnt go well with me. I saw tons and tons of hot babes drunk out of there mind wishing to be with me while I was there stuck like a statue giving out tickets. To this day I dont know why I didnt just walk and leave, and buy tickets and go get laid. PRobably because I didnt want my class to look bad and the girls seeing me act like a player. Near the end I got fed up because the game was close and I wanted to see the important last plays. Seeing the supervisor wasnt around. I left for a quick sec. just to see the plays and get the vibe of the game which I could never do since I was just upfront breaking tickets. Yea right, it took all but 2secs. for the supervisor to find me and bring me back to my spot. She didnt treat me bad or anything. She smiled and brought me back which I thought was nice compared to how mean she was the whole time. But of course she didnt let me finish there though there was no tickets left to break. After I left I barely said anything to our teacher. He knew why I was pissed but I just ignored him. One good thing I had gotten out of it that I could careless about was community service hours. Many years after I had left school I had called back and asked for proof it and they were nice enough to mail it to me which I thought it was mighty big of them since I was never a real student and that school is so garbage and improper it was uncommon for such actions. The next incident that nailed it for me for that class was once I had decided I wasnt going to get benefits from being it, I transfered out, which of course wasnt easy. I remember several or all students had gotten uniforms but for some reason I had not. When I got transfered all I had to do was leave the class and I think get approval from the teacher. He didnt want to let me go because he was uncertain if I had gotten a uniform. Though there was enough proof I hadnt. He made damn sure. He searched the entire closet and confirmed all the students and it was just that. He did this several times. The whole time I was just smiling. Probably because Im used to such odd behavoir from people my whole life. But the more I smiled the more doubtful he became and the more he searched almost certain I had gotten one with the intention to steal it. For what? I dont know. Because I was amused on how I was getting to know this guy and this type of behavior. No trust or respect coming from a military guy and class. He shouldve known since he is military and he should have more trust in me than that. Zero of both. I stood there for a long time. Over an hour for a typical common prosedure. For some reason that wasnt enough. I wanted to be the best and probably not study. The nail in coffin is coming. I had met a recruiter I dont remember how. Ooh yea, I had a real good close friend who had joined a year before me and he was well prepared and he introduced me to him. We hit it off and he treated me just fine. I went to his office on regular basis and volunteer, he thought me all the ropes and was very friendly, and helpful. What had happened through this was I got a lot of insight on how they opperate on how they thought. One of the things I notice is that they have a dog like enviornment where everything is ranked and the typical behavior is that higher rank treats the lower rank like crap and the lower rank just cowers. He has no say or doesnt matter how he feels. I never liked that. They also have an attitude of getting things done no matter how or what. So lying, cheating, and killing is all right as long as it meets the bottomline. Some how all this sat well with me. Boy was I delusional. One of the biggest problems I had with that enviornment is this. I used to have very long rocker type hair in schoool and a very long beard. Some people liked to call me osama bin laden. I was into the hippie and rocker stuff, still am. But when I got into the office they always made fun of me and were uncomfortable with my apperance, like wtf, and why did I have that, and why didnt I cut it, and wasnt I more kept. I was into the grudge scene. The other thing that bothered me was that I was very organized and upto par into doing everything the right way. They didnt like that. They prefer me winging it and doing it wrong as long as it gave results. I could never work like that. I rather not work at all. I have to do things the right way and the proper way or I dont do it at all. Another thing that followed all of this was that all the other recruiters and workers didnt like me being there. They didnt like my methods, me watching them. They thought my recruiters purpose was to seduce me into being there for a couple of hours but once they noticed I was there consistantly and on going they didnt like it. He let me do whatever I wanted and was comfortable with me asking him tons of questions but they werent. He was odd out of the bunch since he didnt generally think like them but got along with them. One problem I had with him but I let it pass was that he promised me if I did good in a special test that they gave for you to join he'd give me concert tickets for a great rocker concert near by I wanted to go. Not only that he'd let me have my ticket, he'd let me have all the tickets I wanted for all my friends. He had told me I could take the test as many times I as I wanted for practice and my best score would be kept. For whatever reason he had stopped showing up at the office and I was there pretty much by myself. When we were getting close to the concert date I told the other recruiter to let me take the test. I hadnt studied and just took it for practice for the first time. I thought the test was pretty good and I remember trying a lot. WHen it ended i got like a 70 and I needed like an 80%. I didnt think much of it but then I found out the recruiter who let me take it said that was my final test. Of course he told me that after the test not before. I told him that it was just practice and he told me practice doesnt exist. I couldnt believe it. Then I found out that the percentage wasnt a big deal since it was like 20 questions and I had gotten like 14 right without studying they wanted like 18 and I was off by like one or two which those questions didnt even make sense. I was proud of how I had adjusted to the exam and how close I had been despite the circumstances. When I finally saw my recruiter he made it seem that he hadnt told me about practice and that that was my final score. He told me he couldnt help me with the concert tickets. I was annoyed about the whole fiasco but didnt care about it. I ending up buying my tickets and had a good time. Days after the concert I spoke to my recruiter and talked to him about the concert and he made it seem like why didnt I show up at the office? He was giving out tickets like crazy and that if I had showed up I wouldve gotten it for free and wouldve had a blast. I didnt mind it much but the whole scenario of lies, deception, and whims on it didnt sit well with me. I had nothing to do with my life and wanted out of school and my local enviornment. Military seemed exciting and full of adventures. Traveling, meeting tons of babes, and doing what I thought was fun stuff. Near the end of my senior year I was ready to take the exams needed to become a marine and ready to begin my training full on so I can have the physic needed. By that time my recruit had left. I dont know why they had transfer him out. I think it was because he wasnt as cold blooded and as efficient since he didnt lie as much. They replaced him by another one that was lower ranked next to him when he was there which I had known but didnt really like. It was clear to me that the biggest liars and corrupts were the most successful. I went back to the recruit office and was completely ready. They had accepted me but when I got there I was all ready to be shipped off and treated like a guinea pig. The universe interviened as it always has in my favor. They did a complete background check on me and found out that I had a very strong criminal record. lol. The one the thing that was suppose to sink me saved me. Even though I couldve passed still, the one thing that stopped me from joining was the fact that I saw a shrink for one day. Not because I wanted to but because the courts assigned me one to see my state of mind. Just because I saw that shrink for one day they thought that was too dangerous for them and didnt accept me because of that. Because that would mean I'm unstable. They have these odd rules where you cant join because of it like seeing a shrink because they are fearful that your mind is influenced by something else, they want full control. One of the many others that they dont allow is if you have tattoos though once your in I've noticed your able to have tattoos. Treated like crap right after my recruiter got to the office. I swear ive never seen such a mind switch. From being interested to doing whatever I wanted to being dropped right off the bat like I had a disease or something. Very disgusting. My selfesteem was shot and was still willing to join. He dropped me like garbage right next door to the armys recruit where I quickly realized the quality of level dropped. Once I saw my recruit marine again he acted like he didnt want to see me and spoke to me as such. He didnt care and walked away fleeing. I felt like I had aids or something. Because of his treatment and two face. I quickly reclused. Seeing how the top military acted and treated its recruits I had knew this was a dangerous enviornment to be in. They were right of course. I heard a lot of terrible stories from several people who I knew from who had joined and no doubt I was wouldve been dishonorably discharged since I wouldnt have put up with it. ONe such repeated story was that once you started joining you were challenged to a fight by the head trainer. Looking to fight anyone and everyone. Yelling, and humiliating people to do so. I wouldve no doubt been up to the challenge but its a joke because obviously if you beat up the leader they'll all jump you and kick you out if not they he'll kick your ass and probably drill you till you drop the entire semester. One time still wounded I called one of its offices and asked about information, though this time I had researched joining the marines very well through the internet. I was calling the same place I had worked. I remember asking the recruiter several questions and was shocked when he lied to my face. He was telling me whatever lie he needed to make me join. Similar lies I was told when i used to go. From asking one recruiter to the next lies differed. This time I hammered and scoulded at the recruit on the phone for making up shit knowingly lying. He hung up when He was outmatched but I called right back. I forced him to put his superior on the phone to my surprise he took his side and supposebly said he was going to report my complain to the higher ups which I know he didnt. They practice this thing where they pretty much tell you anything to join by once you joined and you stupidely sign the papers they'll just deny the lies and blame it on you as you shouldve read before you signed. One of my close friends had join the navy and I had considered joining the navy for the navy seals. But my friendship with him had gone a long turn for the worst. From being close brothers in blood to lying to my face every chance he had coldly. He even had recruited me. One time when we were both in school and we had wanted to find out which was the best navy, or marine. His Navy recruit had sweared he was the best ever and would kick the ass of the marine to him. WHen i Had showed up with my friend just to ask questions I was shocked just like my friend to see his cowering behavior laughing and basically didnt say or do anything. Another day he saw me with my first marine recruiter who I had asked him the same question and he had said he was going to kick the ass of the navy recruiter but with a more serious tone. We happened to pass by and the navy cowered even more. With these behaviors he had admitted he was lying and that the marines were the best. Once my friend was in the navy and was about to recruit me I just couldnt trust him so I cut my friendship from him and didnt join. Though stupidely I was still very close to joining. Years later I accidently found my navy friend's social pages and found out what a disatarous life he had. I remember him talking bad about tattoos but he had gotten a lot of big ones all over his body. Which reminds that many people that join are brainwashed and come out totally different. My senior friend had that happened to him and even went as far as admitting it to us. My cousins was another example. They mentioned to me that you pretty much get paid the same if you had minimum paying job. You get treated like dogs and your suppose to accept it and like it. I never forgot once I came to this site in a thread just like this and one poster saying how awful navy life was and terrible and sad it was to be in a ship all day for years. My navy friend would make it appear otherwise, going to clubs with navy buddies and having a blast using the navy pose to socialize with group girls, spending tons of cash, cops giving them a free pass on tickets when they found out they were militaries, having tons of girls in and out of the military, getting tons of tax breaks, getting tons free education, cheap to nothing discounts all over the place like concerts, stores, cars, motorcycles, houses, supposebly getting tons of job offers, it all seemed like a dream. BS! Ill never sell my soul for some shit hole country. Truth, they dont the get that many jobs nowadays most people dont want to hire military background people, most get tramutize for life, if you go to war which most likely you'll do you get war trauma making you psychotic, tons of bad things could happen to your body and like they give a shit about giving you good treatment or best hospitals. They never give you great fighting equipment. Most is just propaganda hype. My cousin i dont know know what happened but something happened to his knee where he couldnt walk for 3 blocks without needing to sit down. Yea right I'd like to live the rest of my life like that. Your bound to lose a body part in the training or live combat. I know many people that lost a teeth, finger, got a serious injury for life, or disease. Only to be replaced by artificial limbs. This is just the physical part of it. Theres also the psychological abuse from it all. From the superiors constantly abusing you belitting you, watching you, making you do shit you dont like 100push ups on the spot running around around all hours not getting good sleep, eating badly terrible food, not taking a proper bath, or shit. Everything is timed, even your free time out of the service. ooh yea there is racism as well as there is everywhere. Racism is an important part. If your a spic or nigger you get treated as such without any respect. If you ever step out of line even for the littlest thing you could easily have your status revoked and kicked out even if you were just about to finish your term there. The treatment of abuse and your supposed to take it is rule. If at any instance you show a sign of fighting back they'll just amplify it pushing you to the maximum to come out swinging then they'll jump you and kick you out. One of the movies I saw that is one of the best movies ever about anti-war is the generals daughter. ooh yes, there is sexual abuse all over the place though that is kept very well hushed. they constantly sexually abuse not just women but men as well and when I mean men I mean gays. which is strange because they're supposed to be anti-gay but there is a lot of gays in the military. So you either get raped and become a raper through time and rank or get kicked out. Many times nothing happens to the higher ranked rapist. Many times its a gang of rapes since none of these fagots can actually do it by themselves. They'll need your superiors or higher ranks buddies to get approval and get the angle right. Many higher up drills based this out of the idea that is supposed to train you if you are "caught" by the enemy. Great drill isnt it? All the things you learn your not suppose to be use it in society. They have a dont see dont tell policy where they could never talk about it in society whatever they see or would like to. If you ever use any of your combat skills in society you'll get send to military court which is like their version of slave bitch court. They'll make you wish you never had joined. Many of their so called benefits are scarce and bound to dry up on money f***ing you dry. I dont recall ever meeting a perfectly sane healthy honest military person ever! They usually come out as victims or criminal mentality. All of their wives cheat on them have kids with other men and throw it on them and all the men go home and abuse their wives having tons of sluts on the sides. The women in the military are a sad story, if they arent getting raped at every chance gotten they are being hit on by anyone and everything. All come out as victims and half of the women are butch lesbians. Many fine feminine babes coming out with a tough rugged man like body. Never having any certainty or confidence. Recently I saw another anti-war movie I had never seen though its highly praised and a classic. Apocalpse now with Brando. I never got why they would murder brando. He was such a good soldier but that is just common behavior from them. Kill their own onces as well. I dont even want to get into Bradley Manning. That is the perfect example of what happens when you have any type of heart. Another great film Ive always loved which deals with this type of issues is Dead Presidents. Not only do they get diseases for going to the military, they get treated like crap when they get back home with bad checks and then when found guilty the book is thrown at them. Besides my personal researches, movies, theres also the documentaries many have mentioned here like 9/11, just speak to any vet, do you think anyone with money or wealth would be caught dead on this crap. Even Trump evaded the draft intelligently. Ive seen several news reports on the abuse of old vets, old vets coming out speaking out on the government and its abuse. It needed I can post such great videos. If needed I can go toe to toe with any anyone here.
Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
Become An Agent of Choas.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Tommy Tan sent me a list of his reasons why joining the military is foolish and illogical:

Thank god I didn’t join military here why
-a lot of people some how in military regret going later.
-your not fighting freedom for America your either fighting for oil companies or you may end up killing innocents.
-your just a number in the military once your ass is killed in war. You’re just a number to government & YOUR JUST another Same solider like others.
-once you get out military no one cares about you or cares what happened to you.
-once your in military funeral your just like other soldiers no one special or unique. People will keep moving forward…
-it’s a waste of time!!
they’ll use you as a slave then get rid of you & not care about you after you died or get out of military.
-ONLY 1 REASON you SHOULD ONLY GO join the MILITARY if you HAVE NOTHING in LIFE like a ABANDON HOMELESS DOG.

I added:

Also the military never helped anyone to be free or happy. Never done anything good. War never made anyone more free or happy.

Also it's disrespectful to your parents too. Because they raised u with hard work for many years and u throw your life away by getting killed in a pointless war that benefits no one.