Happier abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Happier abroad

Post by Johnny1975 »

I'd like to read some accounts or see some videos, anything, that shows what it's like with foreign women.

Who here is married to a foreign woman? How long have you been married? Has she changed over the years? How is she different? Who has a foreign girlfriend? Tell us about it. What is she like?

And so on. That's the one thing that's missing from this forum.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

We (American man and Filipina wife) have been happily married 5 years. We are lucky we both have many shared interests and values, such as gardening, hard work, children, travel. Like any couple, we have disagreements. Happily we are better able to accept moments of tension without having them explode. Here is a video (sorry not the greatest video) of us together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrjH_gvrq1M
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:We (American man and Filipina wife) have been happily married 5 years. We are lucky we both have many shared interests and values, such as gardening, hard work, children, travel. Like any couple, we have disagreements. Happily we are better able to accept moments of tension without having them explode. Here is a video (sorry not the greatest video) of us together.

good video, thanks
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happier abroad

Post by Jester »

Johnny1975 wrote:I'd like to read some accounts or see some videos, anything, that shows what it's like with foreign women.

Who here is married to a foreign woman? How long have you been married? Has she changed over the years? How is she different? Who has a foreign girlfriend? Tell us about it. What is she like?

And so on. That's the one thing that's missing from this forum.
OutWest is also with a Filipina; PublicDuende with a Colombiana; and JP is engaged to a Lithuanian, I believe. Maybe you can search their posts for info.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:We (American man and Filipina wife) have been happily married 5 years. We are lucky we both have many shared interests and values, such as gardening, hard work, children, travel. Like any couple, we have disagreements. Happily we are better able to accept moments of tension without having them explode. Here is a video (sorry not the greatest video) of us together.

Do you guys live in the U.S. or the Phils?
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Post by expatasiaseeker »

Don't bring your foreign wives or girlfriends back to America. You might as well just go out and marry a feminist, because the culture and legal system in America is very anti-male. NOwadays, a foreign woman can accuse you of abuse and she gets instant citizenship, money, your house, and so on.

Only real option is to LEAVE America forever.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

Johnny,

I am with a Bulgarian girl who is moving to the UK in March (see my posts for more info).

If you do decide to go for a foreign woman, go for an Eastern Europe woman as there are no visas required for them to live in England.
Robin Hood.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Jester wrote:

Do you guys live in the U.S. or the Phils?
We live in the USA.

Certainly if you are going to live in the USA you need to be careful what kind of friends you have; if they don't stand behind your marriage, they can tear it apart. We encourage our members to continue as members and over time we are building social functions to help those who move to a new country (either direction) to find quality friends in their new home.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I married a Mexican woman. We have been married for 22 years. The only time we had trouble was when we lived in an American neighborhood, something I try to avoid not only because of the negative influence on my wife, but also because I can't stand Americans. Women are always influenced by their surroundings, so it is best to live in an ethnic neighborhood. Now I live in El Paso which is mostly Mexican.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

fschmidt wrote:I married a Mexican woman. We have been married for 22 years. The only time we had trouble was when we lived in an American neighborhood, something I try to avoid not only because of the negative influence on my wife, but also because I can't stand Americans. Women are always influenced by their surroundings, so it is best to live in an ethnic neighborhood. Now I live in El Paso which is mostly Mexican.
What sort of trouble did you have?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Johnny1975 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:The only time we had trouble was when we lived in an American neighborhood,
She started acting American, meaning dissatisfied and complaining about everything. If I had stayed in the American neighborhood, I think I would have had a divorce risk.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

fschmidt wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:
fschmidt wrote:The only time we had trouble was when we lived in an American neighborhood,
She started acting American, meaning dissatisfied and complaining about everything. If I had stayed in the American neighborhood, I think I would have had a divorce risk.
So that I can understand better, and also because I find this interesting...

After how long living in an american neighbourhood did she start acting different?

How long after you moved out of that neighbourhood did she begin to revert to her normal self again?

Is she aware of how she changed and changed back? Have you discussed it?
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Johnny1975 wrote:After how long living in an american neighbourhood did she start acting different?
I would say that it started after 6 months and became dangerous after a year. Of course she had been familiar with American culture before that since we lived in other "safe" neighborhoods (ethnic or gay). I assume it would take longer for a foreign woman who is unfamiliar with American culture.
How long after you moved out of that neighbourhood did she begin to revert to her normal self again?
About a week. She also reverted within days when we traveled, and then reverted back to bad when we returned. Women are very environmentally driven.
I have discussed it but women have no self-awareness. From her perspective, she is just happier where she is now than in the America neighborhood, and that suits me fine.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

fschmidt wrote:women have no self-awareness.
I love how blunt that is. :lol:

Yeah, I went to California with my dad last month while my parents were fighting. My mom refused to come. I didn't really want her there, but I thought it was pretty crazy. Isn't the point of vacation to get away from problems? So I thought they could have started making up if they had both gone, but she was being obstinate. My dad semi-seriously suggested just leaving our lives behind and never returning home. I think men can be pretty environmentally driven too.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

fschmidt wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:After how long living in an american neighbourhood did she start acting different?
I would say that it started after 6 months and became dangerous after a year. Of course she had been familiar with American culture before that since we lived in other "safe" neighborhoods (ethnic or gay). I assume it would take longer for a foreign woman who is unfamiliar with American culture.
About a week. She also reverted within days when we traveled, and then reverted back to bad when we returned. Women are very environmentally driven.
I have discussed it but women have no self-awareness. From her perspective, she is just happier where she is now than in the America neighborhood, and that suits me fine.
That's interesting. So it took 6 months to become bad, even with prior knowledge of the culture, and only a week or so to revert to normal (good).

That kind of proves what I've mentioned once or twice on this forum, which is that the bad (western, feminist, whatever you want to call it) way of life isn't stronger than any other.

And this is why I don't think it's necessary to make the major life change of going to another country to find a decent female, which, let's face it, is always a bit of a gamble regardless of where you are.

I think the whole going abroad thing is not suitable for everyone. If you've got the money, and the inclination to make all the changes necessary to adapt to a new lifestyle and take your chances, then that's ok, but not everyone is in the same position.

I think it's sufficient to do what you do and live in an area which isn't overrun with undesirables and undesirable influences. But you can never get away from negative influences. Women are very fluid when it comes to their behaviour, or in fact pretty much everything about them. Men are supposed to be stable emotionally and psychologically, so I don't consider it far fetched to seek a decent female in a western country (most likely she'd be from elsewhere) and then do the masculine thing which is to keep her in line. Women are meant to be all over the place, live a river, and men are meant to be like rocks. The desire to solve one's problems by going abroad is understandable, but that doesn't make it necessarily the best solution, or the only solution.

PUA is basically all about being in control of your frame and leading, and being attractive. It goes too far though, because it doesn't take into account women's nonsense, and everything is the man's responsibility.

Going abroad is about escaping the bullshit and finding oneself in a new world where almost everything (woman-wise) is amazing compared to back home. That can be really exciting, maybe even addictive. It's understandable. But it doesn't make much room for the alternative of simply establish what makes a decent female, and then seeking one, regardless of where she may be.

I think the best approach to women is a combination of the best of both of the above : Establish what is a decent woman, seek one, keep her in line, and be attractive to her.