Study shows Many Foreign Students Are Friendless in the U.S.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Study shows Many Foreign Students Are Friendless in the

Post by S_Parc »

E_Irizarry wrote:Then another time I had a phone screen with a school in Viet Nam while I was living in a condo in Quezon City, Metro-Manila area. In Asia, ESL schools require a passport-like update-to-date photo and since she saw I wasn't White and that I was a man, what sounded like a White American woman, was conversing with me in a condescending snobby voice. My mother passed away 4 months earlier, and she knew that from a question on the application that had asked me about the living status of my parents. So this ratchet b.itch had said, "I don't know if I should hire you. I don't want you breaking down in the middle of the classroom over your mother!" Isn't that some cold s.hit, fellas?
I always knew that they were the bottom of the dung heap but this one really takes the cake :roll:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

pete98146 wrote:The media portrayal of foreigners in the US media doesn't help. The immediate thought that enters my mind is the movie Sixteen Candles. The foreign exchange student is named Long Duck Dong. Althought the movie is pretty funny, the humor is definitely at the expense of the funny foreigner that doesn't fit in with the rest of the American world. These anti-foreign images linger and are difficult to dispel.

I remember when I was going to college, most of the foreign students lived in foreign dorms. There wasn't much of an effort to integrate them in with the American students.

I've come to the conclusion that Americans are some of the most xenophobic people on the planet. Very few of us ever aim to travel abroad. They'll save up $4000 in order to go to Vegas and gamble (what a joke). Instead they could go visit anywhere on the planet and soak up some culture and variety for the same amount of money....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Very very true.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

lone_yakuza wrote:
As with white guys, it is mainly the condescending tone and attitude they have especially towards East Asian males and they think all East Asian females belong to them as their sex slaves. White American females meanwhile either are disgusted by East Asian males or they think they can take advantage of East Asian males' "desperation."
I noticed that too.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Some of my disconnected morning ramblings:

I am surprised they have any friends at all.

Plus one needs to keep in mind another thing- in America most people are busy and they have no time for 'friends' unless there is some kind of financial incentive or mutual interest.

It is no fun being a foreigner anywhere, in some countries more, in some countries less so but nonetheless, you will face discrimination or some kind always.

Being a white ( or worse black) person among Orientals is the same thing they experience among whites. Sullen silent faces, people ignoring you, people not wanting to talk to you. People not even wanting to serve you ( usually because they think you do not speak the language). People calling you devil, pig and shit like that. And then you have some people who want to learn English and these flock to you. And in poorer Oriental countries, it is people who want your money who flock to you. Otherwise it is a wall of people who, upon seeing you make a facial expression like they are constipated and trying to defecate.

But granted, Orientals are supposed to be like that. Americans are not!

Also while Americans are taught all kinds of legends about America being the best and a dorky foreigner, they too have similar mythology there and their tales about dorky foreigners. Anyway, it's no fun being a foreigner anywhere.

I have read stories about Americans migrating to Canada and settling up there and how they had to face what they call hatred and scorn. And that is in Canada and these were Anglo Saxons giving shit to fellow Anglo Saxons.

There are ' islands' of good people on earth but even there, they change if a foreigner wants their money, jobs or women.

Most Americans are cliqueish, closed people, ala British, basically except the Brits are not taught to fake friendship and niceness- they are just nasty period. Americans trumpet around the world about friendliness, Brits do not.

Anyway, America is not good for social life period. It may not be good for making money either but I have always maintained that it is an excellent place to get cheap credit. It is so easy to borrow money in the US and then use it to get all kinds of degrees and make investments. The country runs on credit and compared to other countries, it is the easiest to qualify.

In none of those 'friendly' countries would they loan money to you.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ladislav wrote:I am surprised they have any friends at all.

Plus one needs to keep in mind another thing- in America most people are busy and they have no time for 'friends' unless there is some kind of financial incentive or mutual interest.

It is no fun being a foreigner anywhere, in some countries more, in some countries less so but nonetheless, you will face discrimination or some kind always.

Most Americans are cliqueish, closed people, ala British, basically except the Brits are not taught to fake friendship and niceness- they are just nasty period. Americans trumpet around the world about friendliness, Brits do not.

Anyway, America is not good for social life period. It may not be good for making money either but I have always maintained that it is an excellent place to get cheap credit. It is so easy to borrow money in the US and then use it to get all kinds of degrees and make investments. The country runs on credit and compared to other countries, it is the easiest to qualify.
I think Americans maybe the most "cliqueish" people on the face of the earth! In the US, you need to make your friends early in life, because once you are out of school, you are SOL (shit-out-of-luck) when it comes to meeting people.

The easiest time to meet girls and make friends is when you are in school. Trying to make friends and meet girls once you are out of school, is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics! :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

America has always been awfully racist towards Asians....

let's be honest, Asian women are used for fetishes and Asian men are looked down upon as intelligent repulsive geeks.....

why would it be different for an Asian student that can barely speak any english.

SOLUTION: why go to the US to study? go to europe, to south america to other parts of Asia, the world is BIG.... no need to waste your money on overrated overpriced American education.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Robert77 wrote:America has always been awfully racist towards Asians....

let's be honest, Asian women are used for fetishes and Asian men are looked down upon as intelligent repulsive geeks.....

why would it be different for an Asian student that can barely speak any english.

SOLUTION: why go to the US to study? go to europe, to south america to other parts of Asia, the world is BIG.... no need to waste your money on overrated overpriced American education.
People go to America to study to learn English and to get a diploma that will give them a good job. It's also easy to get into universities in the USA and so easy to pass courses- they require a 2.0 average- which will get you kicked out in Europe. Degrees from S. America or India or Thailand won't get you good jobs. Degrees from Europe ( outside of the UK) will also mean little when you go back home. And studying in the UK is even more expensive than in the US. So, it's either the USA or some other Anglo country- Canada, NZ, etc.

Which countries did the crabs-in-the-barrel try to get you fired?
Japan, Thailand, S. Arabia.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

lone_yakuza wrote:You are not an anglosaxon American western imperialist pig, I know that. You are Ukrainian. Why do you not tell them you are not a goddamned American. Maybe they will like you better? Seriously, either go find the East Asian girls who are cock thirsty for white dick, or tell the ones who hate westerners that you also hate westerners and you are actually EASTERN EUROPEAN, the TRADITIONAL ALLY AND FRIEND OF CHINA, especially if you speak RUSSIAN.

Ladislav, if you were younger, you would also be treated like a king in Asia. I am sure you still are in many parts. Honestly, you are old, and thus should not expect women to come flocking to you. When I am your age, I would be content with being healthy, being able to enjoy movies, music, and be content if I can still lift weights and do martial arts. Women? Hah. Young peoples' interests. A wet hole gets boring after a while anyways.
Yakuza, this is a touchy subject so I'll try my best to answer it. There were these two kids whose families had originated from India, one was Tamil (South Indian), and the other Persian (Parsi). They both grew up in London & eventually came to America. By their mid-twenties, one remained South Asian but the other became a white British-American. Well ... as you can imagine, it was race/color definitions which allowed one to be accepted among mainstream white Americans [ the cool kid from England, remember Freddie Mercury was also a Parsi-White-Briton ], and the other, lived in a type of permanent diaspora being neither fully English nor American.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

lone_yakuza wrote:That's easy. Persian/Parsi people or Iranians are Aryan and look closest to westerners as a whole. But I'd be more attracted to a Parsi girl than to a American or angloxason girl hands down.

Tamil Indians are treated like black people in the US. I hear even Tamil girls back in India buy skin whitening cream and other shit.

It's different with East Asian males though. The only way an East Asian male becomes the popular kid is if he self hates and puts down anything Asian and basically makes a complete fool of himself and forgets his dignity. I realized part of the reason I am so unwelcome here is because I look threatening to some people. Some caucasian American dude at the gym told me that if I had a claymore or giant scimitar on my back, I'd look like Atilla the Hun crossed with Ghengis Khan/Temujin crossed with Sasaki Kojiro. I was surprised as f**k this guy even knew who Ghengis Kahn and Sasaki Kojiro are.
Here's the thing, the Tamil and the Parsi guys were once friends, during that 1st decade in America.

But then, almost by design, they drifted apart. By their twenties, the Tamil guy was a studious type, not invited to mixed ethnic gatherings, while the Parsi guy was a type of 2nd coming of Freddie Mercury but was straight, involved in plays and rock outfits, and had a generally good life. I haven't heard who married who but the key here is that despite their families having similar experiences abroad, by virtue of skin color, they were assimilated into disparate camps in America.

As for east Asians, I think you're correct. Of the 4 male suicides I'd known about personally, back in teenage years, 3 were Asian guys, 1 was white. That's a large disparity since whites are 75%+ of the suburban zone whereas Asians are < 15%.

AB discussion thread

skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

I think in any country the natives are not going to hold foreigners in the same regard as they would the people they grew up with and are from that country. A big misconception about Brazil is that Americans with come here and make a ton of friends but i beg to differ,The people are very nice yeah and will include you in things but has for them calling you and saying "hey what are you doing today"? It is not going to happen often.If it where not for my wife and her family and friends i would probably know no one in this country and would be alone most of the time. And even though i speak near flawless Portuguese i still have an accent and i feel if i did not have the accent people would be more receptive and not look at me as if i were only a walking dollar bill.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

lone_yakuza wrote:So I am the traditional villain that the west fights against and am not only hated and feared but also jeered at, ridiculed, and viewed condescendingly.
Yes, this observation follows because even the dusky western antihero is still a hero and looked up upon, by mainstreamers, as a role model of sorts.

i.e. Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken:

Clearly, this anti-establishment guy was a childhood hero of mine, no matter how dangerous he could be.

AB discussion thread