The tragedy of the 1960's Civil Rights era

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

zboy1 wrote:In all honesty, multiculturalism was the worst thing to happen to the United States. Look at the state of the country now in comparison to how it was, even 20-30 years ago--when I was growing up. The country has become a total disaster now. And it's been a total disaster in every other Anglo country as well: Australia, U.K., etc. Thank god for me being Asian, I can always go back to the Asian continent and escape all this nonsense. I curse my parents for ever bringing me to this damn country!
Yep, you would have to wonder why inferior races such as blacks living in white countries don't just GTFO. It can't be very pleasant for them being the turd floating in someone else's jacuzzi.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Re: The tragedy of the 1960s Civil Rights era

Post by WiseTruth »

djfourmoney wrote: I don't agree with the self-determination nonsense.
'Self-determination nonsense'? Self-determination is the essence of a people's dignity.

If you don't agree with self-determination, then you don't agree that your people should be free and independent of white society, which you criticize for oppressing you.

Get your GED first. Then get back to us, and then maybe you'll talk like a semi-intelligent person.
Last edited by WiseTruth on February 19th, 2013, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Cornfed wrote:
zboy1 wrote:In all honesty, multiculturalism was the worst thing to happen to the United States. Look at the state of the country now in comparison to how it was, even 20-30 years ago--when I was growing up. The country has become a total disaster now. And it's been a total disaster in every other Anglo country as well: Australia, U.K., etc. Thank god for me being Asian, I can always go back to the Asian continent and escape all this nonsense. I curse my parents for ever bringing me to this damn country!
Yep, you would have to wonder why inferior races such as blacks living in white countries don't just GTFO. It can't be very pleasant for them being the turd floating in someone else's jacuzzi.
I hate White supremacy and White racism just as much as any of the Black posters here; but, one thing I never understood is why Blacks in the West complain so much about racism, yet, always want to live in White nations. I mean...I've posted videos before of Black Americans living happily in African and Caribbean countries, so why are those places never mentioned as options for Blacks to move to? As long as you live in a White country as a minority, you're going to be subject to rough treatment and discrimination in those countries.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I believe in blind law, which Leftist hate-crime legislation does away with, but not blind societies. Multicultural utopia? Tower of Babel.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
I hate White supremacy and White racism just as much as any of the Black posters here; but, one thing I never understood is why Blacks in the West complain so much about racism, yet, always want to live in White nations. I mean...I've posted videos before of Black Americans living happily in African and Caribbean countries, so why are those places never mentioned as options for Blacks to move to? As long as you live in a White country as a minority, you're going to be subject to rough treatment and discrimination in those countries.
That is a good question. I never thought about that.I even heard that some blacks who went to Ghana and have done well and liked it there...oh i forgot if a black poster mentions such a thing like moving to black countries or black dominated regions in the world other black poster will flame you for it because most of them are looking primarily for white women. I would move to Africa.Cape verde would be first on my list if i had the means to do so. Whites in southern Brazil complain about the same thing multicultural this blacks that why don't they just go back to Africa blah blah blah
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

djfourmoney wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:Let's call a spade a spade: much of the so-called 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites, or any other races for that matter. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but probably much of it would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, we probably would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.
Well the truth is, it was incomplete because the movement was co-oped by the Women's Rights Movement, Climate Change Movement and pushed on the back burner as the Vietnam War intensified.

Then we had Water Gate, Iran Hostage Crisis and the Right Wings War on the Poor and Middle Class.

So we were never able to get back too it.

I don't agree with the self-determination nonsense. Have you ever been a victim of driving while Black? I have.

Social Interrogation was just bungled just as Reconstruction was, White Elites have NO INTENTION of full equality, it would reduce their power.
Why is this a crazy argument? It's hard to even make sense of it. This is an argument against the process of history itself. It's an argument against non-stasis. Or better yet it's like you're angry history moves in a non-linear fashion. It's like saying the goal is "4" and there's already a "2" so you just need another one, but then someone comes along and adds a "3" instead, then another f***er comes and adds a "-2"on it, then a third guy adds a "7" and everything's changed. Well it's crazy to argue against that because history is never "2+2=4" and someone always comes along to add a "7" to the mix. You're arguing against life itself just for happening. Not for happening in a specific way, but you're angry that life happens at all. It's baffling and utterly fascinating how one comes to think this way. I guess you're just so set in defending a viewpoint even to the depths of insanity.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

Jester wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:The sad fact is, much of the 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but enough of it probably would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, no doubt we would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.

Blacks, women, homosexuals... they were the main subjects of that era (1960s - 1970s), and the main catalysts of its ruin.
I agree.

Caribbean countries, Bermuda etc ended segregation with much less melodrama and antagonism than we did. Federal legislation and judiciary activism, forced on an unwilling population, was the worst possible way to do it.
The Supreme Court handed down perhaps the two worst decisions of the latter half of the 20th century: Brown v. Board and Roe v. Wade.
Last edited by WiseTruth on February 19th, 2013, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

WiseTruth wrote:
Jester wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:The sad fact is, much of the 'Civil Rights' era of the 1960s was a failure. The results were meager, and not worth the cost.

Racial integration in the schools didn't promote harmony between blacks and whites. Neither did it produce better students among blacks. Had blacks and whites continued to be segregated, I doubt racial relations would have been much different from what it is now. It might even have been better.

The tragedy of the civil rights era is that, without the legislation of the 1960s, racial segregation most likely would have died a natural death anyway, at least its more antiquated, cruder aspects. It might have still continued, but enough of it probably would have been eliminated so that nobody (even blacks) would have cared much. Without the civil rights legislation of the 1950s and 1960s, no doubt we would have been more mature, balanced, and wiser about racial realities than we are today.

Blacks, women, homosexuals... they were the main subjects of that era (1960s - 1970s), and the main catalysts of its ruin.
I agree.

Caribbean countries, Bermuda etc ended segregation with much less melodrama and antagonism than we did. Federal legislation and judiciary activism, forced on an unwilling population, was the worst possible way to do it.
Everyone knows that Roe v. Wade was a terrible Supreme Court decision that inflicted long term damage on society.

But there's another Supreme Court decision that was just as bad and damaging to society: Brown v. Board.
I don't know why the government is not looking into re-segregating schools again. Even some Black groups like the Black Panthers and Louis Farrakhan want separate schools for Blacks again. I mean think about it-- before Lyndon Johnson and his "Great Society" programs, Black families were largely intact and Black children were well-educated with their own segregated public school system. You have many good historically Black colleges, so logically, why not extend that to the public school system?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

skateboardstephen wrote:That is a good question. I never thought about that.I even heard that some blacks who went to Ghana and have done well and liked it there...oh i forgot if a black poster mentions such a thing like moving to black countries or black dominated regions in the world other black poster will flame you for it because most of them are looking primarily for white women. I would move to Africa.Cape verde would be first on my list if i had the means to do so. Whites in southern Brazil complain about the same thing multicultural this blacks that why don't they just go back to Africa blah blah blah
Some smart folks and beautiful women from Ghana.

Cape Verde would be a blast. Great idea for you especially, since the language is so similar. And the music....
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:
WiseTruth wrote:
Jester wrote:

I agree.

Everyone knows that Roe v. Wade was a terrible Supreme Court decision that inflicted long term damage on society.

But there's another Supreme Court decision that was just as bad and damaging to society: Brown v. Board.
I don't know why the government is not looking into re-segregating schools again. Even some Black groups like the Black Panthers and Louis Farrakhan want separate schools for Blacks again. I mean think about it-- before Lyndon Johnson and his "Great Society" programs, Black families were largely intact and Black children were well-educated with their own segregated public school system. You have many good historically Black colleges, so logically, why not extend that to the public school system?
Brown vs Board held that separation breeds inequality. The truth is that distinct boundaries instill pride of ownership. Any separation by religion, sex, or race is generally helpful for schoolkids.