-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Re: A Warning: The Window Is Closing...

Post by Voice of Reason »

Ghost wrote: But if you are around your twenties, then you probably don't have lots of opportunities as far as appealing to the domestic job market. Unemployment remains stubbornly high and probably is not going to get better as outsourcing and technology work together to make fewer jobs. (I am not criticizing technology, though. It is a way to do things easier, more efficiently. Outsourcing is really the much larger problem. And there are other factors I won't worry about right now.) Even if you have a job, it is probably pays poorly, is not in your field of study/training, and is probably just another completely expendable, make-work, non-productive customer service job. And this is what most jobs are now: interchangeable, pointless customer service gigs that don't amount anything useful. I was in such a job for a year and a half, and quit about six months ago. I decided that even if I failed, trying to get on another path was the only way to go, lest I be trapped in a shithole forever. Better to try what you care about and fail that intentionally give yourself over to mediocrity, useless jobs, and dumb-shit bosses.
Outsourcing is not the huge problem it seems to be.

If you learn a skill that is being outsourced, and that is in high demand you can become a freelancer.

Freelancers often earn a higher hourly rate than an employee, and they don't have to deal with office politics and regulations.

The best thing of all is that a freelancer can work from anywhere in the world as long as they have a laptop. This means that they if they live in a country cheaper than the United States, then they don't have to work as many hours to make a living.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Maker55 wrote:The New World Order will happen within the next 17 years maybe sooner.

Our fiat currency is debt, it's not backed by anything.

The dollar continues to get weaker and weaker.

One should continue to buy silver and learn how to start your own business, f*** school and degrees.
Why do you say 17 years? That is a pretty odd number.

For what reason did you not round it off?

Just curious.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Before this thread descended into a barrage of name calling & finger pointing/accusations of misogamy, Devildog made one observation but one based upon incorrect assumptions.

And that's this... today, a college degree, a bachelors in *something*, is generally required to be *seen* in an office setting. Only a brief decade ago, many paralegals were only required to have a HS diploma & an Associates Degree. Today, a vast majority of legal services require a bachelors, even one in underwater basket weaving, to do any type of revision work in an office.

Now, in terms of the name calling it, I believe folks here despise management consulting types and their allegations of faux leadership qualities which they mimic, while hiding behind powerpoint slides. For this, I concur. One needs to no more look at Carly Fiona, an MC type with a generalist background, who drove Hewlett-Packard into the ground, not truly understanding what it takes to run the technology mega-firm. Ok, but that's not here or there, many students nowadays opt for these types of professions. I believe within the past decade, 40% of MIT's graduating classes were recruited by financial services or management consulting firms. Thus, it's widespread, even among techie circles.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:This is mostly going to apply to younger guys who are in their late teens to early thirties - guys who can't get a foothold in Western societies and want to escape but don't know how or are having trouble, which is typically in regards to not having the money or resources to truly expat. I am posting this in the general section because it applies to at least a little bit of everything.

The world is changing. It is changing so much that we are undergoing the greatest, most massive transfer of wealth and power that the world has ever seen. If you are a young male in the united States, as I am, then you well know that this is not your time. Or at least it isn't here in the West where feminism and misandry will crush your morale and dreams in a moment. If you are an older man, then your options have been greater in the past and you probably still have some distinct advantages over younger men. You've probably had a decent job, or are better able to make money, and you have probably saved a good bit over the years as well, or you may get disability or other money that allows you to travel or expat.

But if you are around your twenties, then you probably don't have lots of opportunities as far as appealing to the domestic job market. Unemployment remains stubbornly high and probably is not going to get better as outsourcing and technology work together to make fewer jobs. (I am not criticizing technology, though. It is a way to do things easier, more efficiently. Outsourcing is really the much larger problem. And there are other factors I won't worry about right now.) Even if you have a job, it is probably pays poorly, is not in your field of study/training, and is probably just another completely expendable, make-work, non-productive customer service job. And this is what most jobs are now: interchangeable, pointless customer service gigs that don't amount anything useful. I was in such a job for a year and a half, and quit about six months ago. I decided that even if I failed, trying to get on another path was the only way to go, lest I be trapped in a shithole forever. Better to try what you care about and fail that intentionally give yourself over to mediocrity, useless jobs, and dumb-shit bosses.

The American economy is therefore a joke. Nothing is worth anything - including you! (To the system, that is.) Hey, it is great if you have a degree, but if you don't then don't worry about it to much. Domestically it could even help you not to. It is getting worse out there. Some states in the U.S. are in death spirals so to speak - there are more takers than producers. (If you are one of those gaming the system because you see how pointless and zero-sum it is, then more power to you. Double points to men doing this as an active insult to the feminist/misandrist system.)

It is not going to get better and is in fact getting worse for men, particularly young men. And this brings me to my main point:

I think the window for escape is closing.

This is something I had put in the back of my mind for a long time. I kept putting off plans and sticking with a pointless job because I feared the risks and failures of trying to escape. Despite the fear of my life becoming some existential death spiral, fear proved powerful enough to stop me for a long time. Now, even though I am taking action and doing things I've never done before to help myself, I am seeing signs that it is becoming more difficult to escape. I fear that window of opportunity is closing.

The political/economic situation gets worse by the month. It has been mentioned on this forum before how the old Soviet Union eventually prevented its citizens from leaving. Here in the U.S. we know (if you are initiated, which it is safe to say many of us here are) that the government and society are already totalitarian in some ways. We know about the freedom killing laws such as the "Patriot" Act and the NDAA. We know generally about what the government plans to do in the face of true economic collapse. The cost of getting a passport is higher now.

There are roadsigns that show us that the window is closing.

When I quit my job, I knew exactly why I had and what I wanted to do. I wanted to write. I had wanted to for a long time, even collecting ideas for novels for years without using them. I finally started and have written two novels. I am working on a third one and am inching my way towards going to a traditional publishing house for a book deal. I wanted to make money more quickly, so I started freelancing. In an emergency, I could turn this sort of thing into a full-time work-at-home job. These are good things, but they do show how precarious things are and why such plans and directions are needed.

I worked on these things for a while, getting a good start. Finally, in November and December last year, I began to look into going abroad for a job teaching English as a foreign language. This was of course to be my main method of escape. First, a minor sort of financial independence and doing things I thought worthwhile with my life. Second would be literal, physical, geographical escape. I applied for jobs in China and got an offer. After going through about a month of paperwork and such, I was informed that due to insufficient qualifications I could not get a visa and work permit even though the school really wanted me to come teach there. I was told that as of this year the requirements are becoming more enforced. China is not known for heavy requirements and outside of its big three cities, not known for heavy enforcements of them.

A few months earlier it might have been no problem.

This is just a little sign and I am applying for more so I think things will work out. But things have a very precarious feel to them. Things could go awry at anytime and if they do I will not likely see it coming.

So this is the time. There are warning signs about. Don't ignore them. This forum can get bogged down on people asking too many questions that simple posts on a message board cannot answer. Direct experience will matter above any responses you get to a question here. Pick a place or places to research, make your best choice with available information, and then go. Have a back up plan. Go work somewhere but work on other things and other plans just in case you end up somewhere you don't think you can stay long term. Thinking is good, but over-thinking is not. It's the difference between using your brakes to get through traffic safely and slamming on your brakes so that you cause a ten car pileup wreck.

The U.S. is getting to be a worse place to be all the time. Other countries are getting harder to get into. The days of being "special" are over. The West is a spiritual, romantic, and existential death trap.

I think eventually it will become a literal death trap.

Watch for the signs and act accordingly.

The window for escape is closing.
+100

GREAT post.

I am going to follow in your footsteps. Writing fiction, writing e-books, writing service, TEFL.

Thanks and let me know how I can return the favor.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

abcdavid01 wrote:The great irony is that this very site is an online business built to circumvent the system. Winston may have other problems, but at least he got that part right.
Indeed.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote: Staying in large family groups is what people should have been doing all along. The nuclear family is a dysfunctional and inefficient way of doing things being propped up by Western regimes, much like solo motherhood. The idea that kids should go and live by themselves, shuffle papers in an office, pay for everything they needed with the proceeds of the paper shuffling, and could expect to be rewarded with ever increasing pay and more grandiose job titles - this was always an empty dream that was never intended to last. Shame on the generations that abandoned their family loyalties to participate in this suicide cult. Hopefully decent people can now regroup, resist the system and relearn self-reliance. Then they might have a small chance of surviving what is coming.
+1
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

clowny wrote:
Maker55 wrote:The New World Order will happen within the next 17 years maybe sooner.

One should continue to buy silver and learn how to start your own business, f*** school and degrees.
And how will we know when the New World Order is upon us? Will the president of the "New World" officially declare it to us? Or will there be a continued erosion of our rights and freedoms, until we the people, are slaves and worker drones, utterly dependent on the inescapable system for our very survival without even realising it? Or, will the world leaders remove their disguise and reveal their reptilian nature?

You tin-foil hatters need to be quarantined on a deserted island, where you can keep your hysteria amongst yourselves.
Hello Clowny, did you realize that former President George H.W. Bush mentioned TPTB's goal of the New World Order well over 200 times in his four years as the leader of this country? Barack Obama mentioned it during his visit to the David Letterman show a few years back. Henry Kissinger also backed Obama to bring in the NWO during his presidency. This is not my opinion but actual facts that you can research.

Should Bush, Obama and Kissinger be wearing tin-foil hats too?
Last edited by Array9 on February 21st, 2013, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

clowny wrote:
And how will we know when the New World Order is upon us? Will the president of the "New World" officially declare it to us? Or will there be a continued erosion of our rights and freedoms, until we the people, are slaves and worker drones, utterly dependent on the inescapable system for our very survival without even realising it? Or, will the world leaders remove their disguise and reveal their reptilian nature?

You tin-foil hatters need to be quarantined on a deserted island, where you can keep your hysteria amongst yourselves.
You're a closed-minded idiot, but just for anyone else reading, here's an easy answer to your first question.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20 ... _satan.htm
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
Ghost wrote:This is mostly going to apply to younger guys who are in their late teens to early thirties - guys who can't get a foothold in Western societies and want to escape but don't know how or are having trouble, which is typically in regards to not having the money or resources to truly expat. I am posting this in the general section because it applies to at least a little bit of everything.

The world is changing. It is changing so much that we are undergoing the greatest, most massive transfer of wealth and power that the world has ever seen. If you are a young male in the united States, as I am, then you well know that this is not your time. Or at least it isn't here in the West where feminism and misandry will crush your morale and dreams in a moment. If you are an older man, then your options have been greater in the past and you probably still have some distinct advantages over younger men. You've probably had a decent job, or are better able to make money, and you have probably saved a good bit over the years as well, or you may get disability or other money that allows you to travel or expat.

But if you are around your twenties, then you probably don't have lots of opportunities as far as appealing to the domestic job market. Unemployment remains stubbornly high and probably is not going to get better as outsourcing and technology work together to make fewer jobs. (I am not criticizing technology, though. It is a way to do things easier, more efficiently. Outsourcing is really the much larger problem. And there are other factors I won't worry about right now.) Even if you have a job, it is probably pays poorly, is not in your field of study/training, and is probably just another completely expendable, make-work, non-productive customer service job. And this is what most jobs are now: interchangeable, pointless customer service gigs that don't amount anything useful. I was in such a job for a year and a half, and quit about six months ago. I decided that even if I failed, trying to get on another path was the only way to go, lest I be trapped in a shithole forever. Better to try what you care about and fail that intentionally give yourself over to mediocrity, useless jobs, and dumb-shit bosses.

The American economy is therefore a joke. Nothing is worth anything - including you! (To the system, that is.) Hey, it is great if you have a degree, but if you don't then don't worry about it to much. Domestically it could even help you not to. It is getting worse out there. Some states in the U.S. are in death spirals so to speak - there are more takers than producers. (If you are one of those gaming the system because you see how pointless and zero-sum it is, then more power to you. Double points to men doing this as an active insult to the feminist/misandrist system.)

It is not going to get better and is in fact getting worse for men, particularly young men. And this brings me to my main point:

I think the window for escape is closing.

This is something I had put in the back of my mind for a long time. I kept putting off plans and sticking with a pointless job because I feared the risks and failures of trying to escape. Despite the fear of my life becoming some existential death spiral, fear proved powerful enough to stop me for a long time. Now, even though I am taking action and doing things I've never done before to help myself, I am seeing signs that it is becoming more difficult to escape. I fear that window of opportunity is closing.

The political/economic situation gets worse by the month. It has been mentioned on this forum before how the old Soviet Union eventually prevented its citizens from leaving. Here in the U.S. we know (if you are initiated, which it is safe to say many of us here are) that the government and society are already totalitarian in some ways. We know about the freedom killing laws such as the "Patriot" Act and the NDAA. We know generally about what the government plans to do in the face of true economic collapse. The cost of getting a passport is higher now.

There are roadsigns that show us that the window is closing.

When I quit my job, I knew exactly why I had and what I wanted to do. I wanted to write. I had wanted to for a long time, even collecting ideas for novels for years without using them. I finally started and have written two novels. I am working on a third one and am inching my way towards going to a traditional publishing house for a book deal. I wanted to make money more quickly, so I started freelancing. In an emergency, I could turn this sort of thing into a full-time work-at-home job. These are good things, but they do show how precarious things are and why such plans and directions are needed.

I worked on these things for a while, getting a good start. Finally, in November and December last year, I began to look into going abroad for a job teaching English as a foreign language. This was of course to be my main method of escape. First, a minor sort of financial independence and doing things I thought worthwhile with my life. Second would be literal, physical, geographical escape. I applied for jobs in China and got an offer. After going through about a month of paperwork and such, I was informed that due to insufficient qualifications I could not get a visa and work permit even though the school really wanted me to come teach there. I was told that as of this year the requirements are becoming more enforced. China is not known for heavy requirements and outside of its big three cities, not known for heavy enforcements of them.

A few months earlier it might have been no problem.

This is just a little sign and I am applying for more so I think things will work out. But things have a very precarious feel to them. Things could go awry at anytime and if they do I will not likely see it coming.

So this is the time. There are warning signs about. Don't ignore them. This forum can get bogged down on people asking too many questions that simple posts on a message board cannot answer. Direct experience will matter above any responses you get to a question here. Pick a place or places to research, make your best choice with available information, and then go. Have a back up plan. Go work somewhere but work on other things and other plans just in case you end up somewhere you don't think you can stay long term. Thinking is good, but over-thinking is not. It's the difference between using your brakes to get through traffic safely and slamming on your brakes so that you cause a ten car pileup wreck.

The U.S. is getting to be a worse place to be all the time. Other countries are getting harder to get into. The days of being "special" are over. The West is a spiritual, romantic, and existential death trap.

I think eventually it will become a literal death trap.

Watch for the signs and act accordingly.

The window for escape is closing.
+100

GREAT post.

I am going to follow in your footsteps. Writing fiction, writing e-books, writing service, TEFL.

Thanks and let me know how I can return the favor.

PS I wanted to add that my grandparents got out of the brand-new Soviet Union in 1922, when it was still possible to leave. Things changed shortly thereafter.

I think it was the 1970's before people could leave again.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

pete98146 wrote: Reading now for awhile that our gov't wants to start putting RFID chips into peoples hands. It will be disguised as 1) Immigration Control or 2) ability to track kidnapped persons etc. But this will be the beginning of the end for us. If they successfully chip us, they'll soon phase out paper money and all of your life's data will be contained on that chip. Come tax time, they'll just debit your chip for X amount of your earnings. But more importantly it becomes the ultimate way of controlling people!!! Do you realize how easy it would be to void the data on your chip? Boom you are now penniless and out on the streets begging for food. Guys this is the sign of the devil and I don't think it's far off.

You just described Revelations 13 in the Bible Pete. Companies like Verichip have been testing out this technology for a long time now.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

clowny wrote:
If you raise your daughter in a western country, SHE WILL BECOME A WHORE LIKE MOST WESTERN FEMALES WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. She will simply become a product of the public education system and the mainstream media, movies, and music.

The only way to protect her from these destructive influences is to physically prevent her exposure to them, which means home-schooling her and not having a single television, radio, or computer in your household. But by doing these things, you will obviously disadvantage her in other ways and may even do more harm than good.

The only way is to raise her in non man-hating culture, and i'm not sure if such a thing exists anymore as cultures all over the world are being exposed to and influenced by westernism.
Clearly you know what needs to be done. You just can't let go of the past.

ABCDavid mentioned Lot. You're actually like Lot's wife. The escape path (you mentioned two escape paths, both excellent) is clear. But you just can't let go of Sodom.

You're not alone. Most Americans are like you.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

abcdavid01 wrote:Ghost, you're a smart guy, also something of a libertarian if I recall, so surely you see the problem with criticizing outsourcing.

You're right about those who would rail against technology of course. Luddites. How many people became unemployed when tractors were invented?

Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.

Ghost, you should check out this MRA writer, William Rand: http://randwrand.wordpress.com/
Smart man.

The internet is going to rule our future since we are no longer in the industrial age but in the INFORMATION AGE.

Keep doing it and keep on building traffic to your online businesses.

In the near future, whoever doesn't learn how to harness the power of the internet is going to be LEFT BEHIND.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Array9 wrote:
clowny wrote:

Hello Clowny, did you realize that former President George H.W. Bush mentioned TPTB's goal of the New World Order well over 200 times in his four years as the leader of this country? Barack Obama mentioned it during his visit to the David Letterman show a few years back. Henry Kissinger also backed Obama to bring in the NWO during his presidency. This is not my opinion but actual facts that you can research.

Should Bush, Obama and Kissinger be wearing tin-foil hats too?
Great post. In fact the vast majority of US Presidents were masons. Take a look at this list. Fascinating stuff! Looks like the article was written before Obama but he also has ties to the freemasons.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/ha ... onspt4.htm

Here's a great vid by George Carlin that talks about "the rulers"....it's brilliant.

A few days ago, I posted a link to the Dr. Benjamin Carson speech. He's chocked full of ideas that would help this nation get back on track. He'd be an amazing President but you know what? He'd never win because he's not in the club!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Maker55 wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Ghost, you're a smart guy, also something of a libertarian if I recall, so surely you see the problem with criticizing outsourcing.

You're right about those who would rail against technology of course. Luddites. How many people became unemployed when tractors were invented?

Yeah, I dropped out of college to work on making money online. My parents figured I was smart and tried to put me on some straight and narrow path, but I keep seeing the straight and narrow as running into a brick wall

For example, I went to a smart kid's high school because...well it made sense to them. So I aced the test to get in, but I really wanted to go to the vocational school on campus. The kids there may not have been as smart, but they were really learning. Taught them business, interpersonal skills, automotive and woodwork. I should have pushed harder to go there because I'd at least have some diversity.

My dad could argue that things were worse in his time. He was my age in the late 70's. But I think that's the wrong distinction. It's like asking, "Is it worse to live during a time of war or after your side has lost the war?" I feel like I'm living in the latter type of society.

Ghost, you should check out this MRA writer, William Rand: http://randwrand.wordpress.com/
Smart man.

The internet is going to rule our future since we are no longer in the industrial age but in the INFORMATION AGE.

In the near future, whoever doesn't learn how to harness the power of the internet is going to be LEFT BEHIND.
Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

publicduende wrote:
Maker55 wrote:

Smart man.

Yeah, too bad that, as the market gets overcrowded with offer, law of diminishing returns apply. I would understand one builds an actual service rendered via a web site or application. Attempts to monetise blogs, forums and online contents based on traffic alone equates to being at the complete mercy of whatever Google Ads and their brothers are willing to pay at any one time. As a business model, it's one doomed to rapid inflation and failure.
Correct. I asked abcdavid01 to direct us to one of his websites, but he doesn't seem to be willing to do so. One needs some kind of expertise or knowledge, not to mention a great deal of luck, to make money from a website. While some are telling him how smart he is, I am asking him to show me.

Intending to do something is not the same as doing it.

Return to “General Discussions”