Why don't you conservative guys become Amish?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Why don't you conservative guys become Amish?

Post by Jackal »

After listening to a lot of the Christian conservative guys on here talk for a while, I have to ask them, "Why don't you just become Amish?"

The Amish seem to have set up exactly the kind of traditional Christian community which many of you seem to long for.

Or are the Amish "too liberal" for you... lol

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I considered joining some kind of insular religious group. However, I used to think religion was nonsense when I was younger, and trying to join now would likely come across as completely cynical if I initiated it rather than letting them approach me. Most such groups wisely don't let you join easily, or if they do don't fully trust you for a while.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The Amish have many codes, are a unique Christian group, live apart from modern society as a whole, and it's not something that suits many people. The people are very traditional, in a way that could be described as archaic (old-fashioned) rather than traditional.

Old-fashioned would be trying as much as possible to adhere to old ways. Traditional would be adhering to moral, cultural, and historical traditions. There is a difference within the underlying meanings of words. Traditions are not old-fashioned, Traditions are timeless. Liberals and progressives try to label Tradition as archaic and obsolete but as they push Tradition out of civilization, they continue to destroy civilization. Without tradition there will be no civilization. Being old-fashioned is adhering to old ways, not accepting technology changes, or other things that is not under the umbrella of tradition.

Easy Examples:
Marriage between one man and woman woman is a tradition.
Using dial-up internet instead of cable or fiber optics is old-fashioned.

A few points besides the formalities I pointed out:
1. I am looking for a moral and virtuous girl.
2. I am looking for a better society outside of an Anglo nation.
3. I want to live a life in the world and not withdraw from the world. Demonstrating that you are different and did not succumb to the status quo or immorality is a victory. Withdrawing from the world would be a lesser defeat.
4. I am not old-fashioned. I am traditional. There is a difference.
5. Morals are most important. I would only marry a Christian girl or a non-religious spiritual virtuous girl because those would be the two groups most in line with my beliefs. Marrying any other religion would be too distant and too shaky.
6. I don't long for a Christian community. I long for a welcoming, friendly, and overall moral community.
7. I love Eastern European girls. They are some of the most beautiful women in the world.
Last edited by Tsar on February 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I've thought about it, but I wouldn't fit in.

More or less I agree tsar.

Even if I did attempt it, I would be kicked out in no time.

Besides if I was going to go back in time to any culture, I wouldn't pick that style of living, I rather go live with chinese monks.

coming back to reality for a moment though, a lot of these women are only moral because they've never had much of a choice to make the WRONG choice.

You see you can't be defined as a person of integrity until you've first rejected the wrong choice without any risk of a negative.

Example, I had a chance to sleep with a girl I was in love with, and I didn't because she had a boy friend and I'm morally obligated not to have sex until I'm married, that woman to me lost face as viability as a good mate to me that day.

I could have gone for it, honestly I'd probably be married to that girl right now, and not in such a crunch on time or lonely place, but who knows if she would have cheated on me.

The point isn't to hide from evil, it's to openly walk through it as a shining symbol of morality and fearlessness while boldly holding both your hands out flipping off the evil.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Every community has it's own set of rules that you must accept as a package deal. This question is no different than why don't we become Muslims or Orthodox Jews or Hutterites. If you're fortunate enough to live in an era that has people who match your package then this isn't an issue, otherwise you need to compromise in some respect. It's a question of is the trade off worth it?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

There will always be a compromise when choosing a place based on laws, culture. and taxes. No country is a perfect utopia. There is also religious freedom. Joining some religions you have to follow more than just a moral code, virtues, and a belief in a higher power.

There can be no compromise with tradition and liberalism. Accepting liberalism would be to reject tradition. Morals and virtue are also located in tradition. Liberalism is the opposite of morals and virtue because it promotes acceptance and tolerance of immorality. It turns a blind eye towards or rewards people for making the wrong decisions. It punishes people who try to enforce tradition.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Ah, so hot women and modern technology are at least as important to you guys as your ethical concepts...

Well, I can't say that I blame you. This is probably why you post here instead of on some religious website...
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Tsar wrote:There will always be a compromise when choosing a place based on laws, culture. and taxes. No country is a perfect utopia. There is also religious freedom. Joining some religions you have to follow more than just a moral code, virtues, and a belief in a higher power.

There can be no compromise with tradition and liberalism. Accepting liberalism would be to reject tradition. Morals and virtue are also located in tradition. Liberalism is the opposite of morals and virtue because it promotes acceptance and tolerance of immorality. It turns a blind eye towards or rewards people for making the wrong decisions. It punishes people who try to enforce tradition.
Jackal wrote:Ah, so hot women and modern technology are at least as important to you guys as your ethical concepts...

Well, I can't say that I blame you. This is probably why you post here instead of on some religious website...
I don't mind compromise, even a fair amount of compromise. But I'm an athiest, so joining any of these groups would be asking me to commit a lie. I see this as a sign of integrity to not want to deceive people. Please go to any of these groups and explain to them that you want to join them, follow their rules but that at heart you don't have faith. None of them will accept you and in the case of Islam you will be persecuted. They will not accept you just for following rules, they also require belief.

There are also dietary restrictions.

Regarding technology, I need it for my job but otherwise I don't care. I don't use myspace or watch tv. It wasn't even till some time last year that I owned a cell phone.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jackal wrote:Ah, so hot women and modern technology are at least as important to you guys as your ethical concepts...
Hmm ... you know what this is implying, that eventually, men will be b@inking female robots, instead of real women :wink:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

99% of anglosphere women will become extinct if society will give a greenlight on female robots.

I would marry an Amish woman but I would never become one of them.
Last edited by Andrewww on February 25th, 2013, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Yeah, Tsar got it exactly right. I'm a traditionalist, but I oppose Ludditism. Unfortunately it seems the two go hand in hand more often than not.

That said, I watched an episode of Taboo on the National Geographic channel today. Focused on a 27 year old guy in Indonesia who worked as a mechanic. He and his girlfriend were in love, but the girl's parents wanted her to marry a rich guy. So the couple agreed that he would kidnap her at night. They showed the kidnapping(using an SUV with the guy's friends as backup on motorbikes and holding machetes. The girl's family followed them on bikes too, also waving their machetes, but the SUV reached the guy's village and his girl crossed the doorway of his household, signifying they're married. Then some anthropologist interviewer explained that it's not like old days as much and that while fights do break out over bride kidnapping, nowadays the whole thing with the girl's family trying to recapture her is largely ceremonial. So the next morning the two families met to discuss a bride price. It came out to $300 USD.

Use that information as you will...

That whole robot thing makes me think of Persocoms from Chobits. You see that Tsar? Great series.

Actually seems the whole series is on Youtube.

jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

I'm traditional and you can say old fashioned in some aspects but I won't be willing to join the amish. Just too much complications.

As of now I am semi-seeing/starting to court an accomplished woman who has same values as me, she is very traditional, feminine and pliable, also very inexperienced from what I can surmise. I feel that I've hit the jackpot of finding a woman like her who has conservative values but is very much a part of the modern world. The only drawback is she does not date and seems to be unaware of the fact I like her that way so I have to be direct soon.

The thing is, not all conservative guys like me would do well with being amish, also there are women who are very conservative and traditional even if they are educated and living the modern way. I see no need to join a strict group to find a virtuous girl, I have found plenty of specimens in the modern world but they do take work and the guy has to be sincere as well.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

abcdavid01 wrote:Yeah, Tsar got it exactly right. I'm a traditionalist, but I oppose Ludditism. Unfortunately it seems the two go hand in hand more often than not.

That said, I watched an episode of Taboo on the National Geographic channel today. Focused on a 27 year old guy in Indonesia who worked as a mechanic. He and his girlfriend were in love, but the girl's parents wanted her to marry a rich guy. So the couple agreed that he would kidnap her at night. They showed the kidnapping(using an SUV with the guy's friends as backup on motorbikes and holding machetes. The girl's family followed them on bikes too, also waving their machetes, but the SUV reached the guy's village and his girl crossed the doorway of his household, signifying they're married. Then some anthropologist interviewer explained that it's not like old days as much and that while fights do break out over bride kidnapping, nowadays the whole thing with the girl's family trying to recapture her is largely ceremonial. So the next morning the two families met to discuss a bride price. It came out to $300 USD.

Use that information as you will...

That whole robot thing makes me think of Persocoms from Chobits. You see that Tsar? Great series.

Actually seems the whole series is on Youtube.

probably the got the kidnapping shit from islam. in turkish and kurdish culture it is still there. i can´t wait till the new world order rolls on and kicks the neanderthals in the ass.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

What's wrong with bride kidnapping? You're supporting the NWO on this one?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Andrewww wrote:99% of anglosphere women will become extinct if society will give a greenlight on female robots.
In this case, it's not society, it's Moore's Law. The light is fully green, ultra cheap supercomputing, circa 2025-2030, will provide the rest.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.