Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Women want to try out for the NFL

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby gsjackson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

As long as sports remain an actual meritocracy women have no chance of making it into men's professional competitions. The world records for women track and field athletes are comparable to high school freshman boys. Serena Williams would be lucky to take a game off of the lowest ranked men's touring tennis pro. Etc., etc.

And yet, I think it was 1983 when I realized the U.S. had gone stark raving crazy. After about 13 years of relentless feminist propaganda in the schools, in a poll of students that year a majority said that women are better athletes than men. Absolute cloud cuckoo land.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Andrewww » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Renata wrote:Contact sports I'll disagree with, ... but tennis, swimming, gymnastics, track & field, basketball, netball, volleyball etc I like to watch the women play & compete. I would encourage little girls to be atlethic & sporty ... it's better they're toned, coordinated & active than fat & sloppy.

I like watching women play volleyball or tennis also but this is more about women playing against men/on men's teams.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Postby Maker55 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Renata wrote:Contact sports I'll disagree with, ... but tennis, swimming, gymnastics, track & field, basketball, netball, volleyball etc I like to watch the women play & compete. I would encourage little girls to be atlethic & sporty ... it's better they're toned, coordinated & active than fat & sloppy.

Hey, this is the first time I have ever spoken to you on here since you signed up on this website.

Yeah, I think that most guys don't mind women playing sports that they're good at.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Postby Dark_Sol » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm

gsjackson wrote:As long as sports remain an actual meritocracy women have no chance of making it into men's professional competitions. The world records for women track and field athletes are comparable to high school freshman boys. Serena Williams would be lucky to take a game off of the lowest ranked men's touring tennis pro. Etc., etc.

And yet, I think it was 1983 when I realized the U.S. had gone stark raving crazy. After about 13 years of relentless feminist propaganda in the schools, in a poll of students that year a majority said that women are better athletes than men. Absolute cloud cuckoo land.

I remember reading that crap about women being better than men in sports. It was an article on the internet. I have to find that, also that commercial back in the 90's with Micheal Jordon vs that one chick. You know what, they should make MMA co-ed :twisted: Since they believe they are just as good as men. They talk about they are equal, why not MMA? Show the world they can walk the talk.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at how 'well' she did in the combine:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBs3AH9YwHI[/youtube]

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:59 pm

zboy1 wrote:LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man :roll: and here I was, thinking I was bad at football.

Now I know, work on my technique as a guy and then, get a transgender operation, and then try out for the NFL.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby marklambo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 pm

zboy1 wrote:LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBs3AH9YwHI[/youtube]

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet all the guys there were like "wtf is she doing here??"
Someone obviously let her do it out of either pitty or to avoid any so called discrimination blame that women would try to pull off. She obviously had no reason being there lmao. I was hoping she would miss the ball but funny either way lmao!

Here's another video angle...the ball doesn't go too far lmao!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj7I0r7YVEE[/youtube]
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:02 pm

marklambo wrote:I bet all the guys there were like "wtf is she doing here??"
Someone obviously let her do it out of either pitty or to avoid any so called discrimination blame that women would try to pull off. She obviously had no reason being there lmao. I was hoping she would miss the ball but funny either way lmao!

I play some amateur basketball and have even worked on a modified Kareem sky hook, to help me out against the younger guys, however, my chances of making it in either the NCAA or the NBA is right about 0.

For the NFL, if I could somehow channel Vinatieri's kick and then, use my own squat strength training technique & get a 30+ yarder right down the middle on a rainy/windy day, up to ~1%.

And for the MLB, even <0%, as I can't see a pitch at 85 MPH, nevermind the curve balls and such. I couldn't make it out a Jr HS baseball team, nevermind even dreaming about semi-pro.

Thus, I have no aspirations to play professional sports & can't imagine a gal, esp one at MIT, the most non-athletic school in Boston [ sorry to any MIT alums on this board but face it, you're about engineering not athletics ], to make contending for anything other than coaching high schoolers.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby ILoveBlackAmericanWomen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Women who want to play in the NFL must be suicidal.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:22 pm

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Women who want to play in the NFL must be suicidal.

For the most part, the two sports which can have co-ed championships would be archery and golf.

Both men's and women's PGA tours have had top scores in the 265+ category, which means that men and women don't need separated contests there.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby gsjackson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 pm

S_Parc wrote:
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:Women who want to play in the NFL must be suicidal.

For the most part, the two sports which can have co-ed championships would be archery and golf.

Both men's and women's PGA tours have had top scores in the 265+ category, which means that men and women don't need separated contests there.

No, no, no. Women pro golfers play on much shorter courses. Their average driving distance is about 50 yards shorter than the men. And they don't have the strength to hit the ball out of super-high rough, such as in the men's U.S. Open. There's no way they could compete for titles, or even top 50 finishes, on the men's tour.

The big girl, Michelle Wi, tried to play in a couple of men's tournaments a few years back, and it was a joke.

Women can groove in some skills that involve repetitive slow movements, such as archery and shooting free throws, but they simply don't have the strength, fast-twitch muscles, explosiveness and general competitiveness to compete with men in any kind of dynamic sport. When I was younger I was a good athlete, but strictly a hacker in tennis -- competitive but no decent tennis strokes. I played one woman who was number one on her college team several times, and two who had been nationally ranked as juniors. None of them ever got more than two games in a set off me. I would just move them around, hit the ball hard at them and come to the net a lot. They couldn't deal with a physical style of play. Now if I'd just traded easy ground strokes on the baseline with them it probably would have been a different story, but when it gets physical they can't dial it up. They are locked in to their ponderous grooves.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby marklambo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

gsjackson wrote:
S_Parc wrote:

No, no, no. Women pro golfers play on much shorter courses. Their average driving distance is about 50 yards shorter than the men. And they don't have the strength to hit the ball out of super-high rough, such as in the men's U.S. Open. There's no way they could compete for titles, or even top 50 finishes, on the men's tour.

The big girl, Michelle Wi, tried to play in a couple of men's tournaments a few years back, and it was a joke.

Women can groove in some skills that involve repetitive slow movements, such as archery and shooting free throws, but they simply don't have the strength, fast-twitch muscles, explosiveness and general competitiveness to compete with men in any kind of dynamic sport. When I was younger I was a good athlete, but strictly a hacker in tennis -- competitive but no decent tennis strokes. I played one woman who was number one on her college team several times, and two who had been nationally ranked as juniors. None of them ever got more than two games in a set off me. I would just move them around, hit the ball hard at them and come to the net a lot. They couldn't deal with a physical style of play. Now if I'd just traded easy ground strokes on the baseline with them it probably would have been a different story, but when it gets physical they can't dial it up. They are locked in to their ponderous grooves.

This is exactly my point. Men are born to have more muscle and testosterone, so when I see women trying to compete in the same league as men in sports, it just makes me cringe. Feminism has gone too far. Women just think they can do EVERYTHING that men can do. They are never willing to just accept the fact that they just CAN'T do it all. Western women should just spend more time trying to stay feminine and act like what their gender should be, rather than trying to prove worthless points about being able to do the same things men do and better.

Life is unfair. We should just accept who we are. If you are born to be short, tall, smart, dumb, healthy, unhealthy, man, woman, etc. Just accept it. Life isn't perfect. If you're born a woman, live with it and act like a woman for Christ sake. If you're a woman and don't like it, too bad. Don't go trying to prove you can do all the things men can do. If you're a guy born short and wanted to be a basketball player, maybe you just weren't meant to be but you can do other meaningful things. It's like a guy who's only 5'2 and just has to try to prove a point that he can slam dunk a basketball even though he can't jump that high and is too short. You just have to accept it. Get over it. This is the problem with women in the western society. They just can't "accept" certain things. Perfect example is this woman trying to be a kicker for the NFL. She knows that she just doesn't have the strength and agility as a man to be truly qualified in the NFL. She had to try to prove a point and she failed anyway, miserably.

Just imagine how much of a nicer place America would be if women just behaved like "women". If only we can eliminate this disgusting disease called feminism.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:02 am

gsjackson wrote:No, no, no. Women pro golfers play on much shorter courses. Their average driving distance is about 50 yards shorter than the men. And they don't have the strength to hit the ball out of super-high rough, such as in the men's U.S. Open.

So that's the ticket. I was beaten at miniature golf by a gal, many eons ago, so I'd forgotten that the real courses were a lot different :wink:

I think I'll take up archery in retirement.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:09 am

S_Parc wrote:
gsjackson wrote:No, no, no. Women pro golfers play on much shorter courses. Their average driving distance is about 50 yards shorter than the men. And they don't have the strength to hit the ball out of super-high rough, such as in the men's U.S. Open.

So that's the ticket. I was beaten at miniature golf by a gal, many eons ago, so I'd forgotten that the real courses were a lot different :wink:

I think I'll take up archery in retirement.

Kyudo
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Cornfed » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:10 am

AFAIK the only sports where women can compete with men are those that involve riding horses.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions