High School Sweetheart

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

High School Sweetheart

Post by abcdavid01 »

My house flooded, so I've been helping with setting things back in the basement and I found my old year book. Here's my high school sweetheart, Angel.

Okay, so the things she wrote seem a little trite, but that's the thing. She was completely earnest. When other people say things like that they don't seem human. They just seem like they're mocking real humanity. They have pre-packaged virtues and morality. When Angel said it, it felt real. Yes, she's just average looking. But I'll take average. Angel was a Polish immgrant, spoke English with an accent. She was devoutly Catholic and very intelligent. She would write poetry and teach me sign language and the genus/species names of animals. I was in a bad spot at the time and we're not in touch anymore. But if this was an earlier, better age we'd be high school sweethearts or betrothed to each other or something. In any case, she's the one I thought of when I found Happier Abroad and is the reason I believe it's true. We met on the first day of high school when I got up from my desk in one of the classes. I returned to my seat, but found she had taken it. She started to get up, but I told her to stay and sat next to her. Later we found out our lockers were right next to each other.

As a bonus, here's my ridiculous yearbook profile.

And here's another pic with the two of us. I'm eating yogurt and wearing a garish hoodie. The guy in red between us is my best friend Scott.

Intolerant
Freshman Poster

Post by Intolerant »

Hahaha! You look quite Chinese in your younger years! :D
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ok, this isn't much but her hairstyle reminds me of my Brazilian ex-GF.

And she was Catholic as well.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I was also in a relatively bad spot in my life during high school because I was a loner. I was either rejected by girls, they were taken, or they didn't bother rejecting me and just stopped chatting on facebook. I might have been able to get a girlfriend but I was focusing on the 8s and 8.5s. There was one girl that showed interest in getting to know me, she was a freshman when I was a senior and I would always look forward to talking with her. I didn't realize it at the time but I should have asked her out instead of being caught up with the stuck up girls (cheerleaders, gymnasts, popular girls, and a girl that competed in beauty pageants).

I live in the northeast and most of the girls at my high school were either: overweight, most were no higher than 6.5s, there were more guys than girls, most were in relationships throughout high school (most of the more attractive girls never broke up with their boyfriends). The girl I was talking with was a 6.5 but I believe she got more attractive increasing to a 7 or 7.5. Some of the other girls didn't age as well dropped from 8 to 7.5 or 7.5 to 7.

I will never have an American girlfriend in my life. The only time it might be worth it to have an American girlfriend is high school and maybe college. College is worse than high school in terms of being easy to speak to a girl and the selection of girls.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Tsar wrote:The only time it might be worth it to have an American girlfriend is high school and maybe college. College is worse than high school in terms of being easy to speak to a girl and the selection of girls.
I have the good fortune of being a dozen plus years removed from HS. I'd written about it in another post.

---

Believe it or not, the pressure is on for younger guys. The only chance one has of finding the right American woman is either in high school or college. Afterwards, it's basically curtain call. I'd called it quits on AWs, starting at the age of 24 & have pretty much, never looked back.

Reminiscing a bit, one of the few gals from my graduating class worth dating/marrying, married a decent *beta male* during her undergrad. Her husband was a techie, not a frat junkie. She then got herself an advanced degree and now teaches at a New England college while consulting for the water treatment industry. They're still together after a dozen years and she's still in great shape. I remember her on track/field and lacrosse, and she kept it up. Also, she'd avoided the catty clubs of women, who routinely tease/put down men or were social climbers. She was more studious and introspective and was rather cute and wore nice dresses from time to time, outside of jeans/slacks. And what's obvious is that neither her nor the husband are in the rapid aging dept because they're one of the few couples, who have a healthy daily dynamic. Unfortunately, as others have stated, they're in the top 5-15% of persons in the country. The rest, the so-called Alpha Male to Vapid { Ally McBeal/Sex In The City/Desperate Housewives } woman, are more typical.

Ok, so there you have it. Out of my HS graduating class, there was a verified *one person* worth marrying, who had a brain and used it to better herself and her family.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Yeah, and the girl I knew from High School was a Polish immigrant. Happier Abroad indeed.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Triteness is an eminently forgivable sin when one is operating in her second language. I aspire to triteness in French.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

David is not geeked out like some people on this board make him out to be. But if he were to ever go to prison, lights out, buddy: A gay dude whom would take what Fschmidt would say to heart just might rape that a.ss. LMAO #dead!!!!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!