Observation about LOVE vs LUST in women today

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Observation about LOVE vs LUST in women today

Post by bennandsarah »

:lol: ...ok here it is in a nutshell. it just happened to me and while thinking about it -- thought i'd share.

i was watching an episode of a great tv-drama series from 1976 called 'Family' starring kristy mcnichol-james broderick-sada thompson-gary frank--and meredith baxter birney.......caught it on youtube. anywho. the episode has teen heart throb willie lawrence (about 19 or so) -- out and about in a park. he drops a script he's writing and a page flies into the hands of a pretty female passerby. she reads it--she is really interested in it--a smart gal with keen observations--and she flirts with him and wants him to join her for a game of tennis. simple right. and in 1970's america it could and would and DID happen. and willie is NO brad pitt or zac effron or whatever else.

well here we are in 2013 :roll: .......and a gal whose 37 yrs old (pretty though--LONG hair too--70's look about her--xcept she has some covered tats)......well she's moving out after six months. i heard from the landlady that she asked upon moving in where the cute single 37 yr old guys are?? she works in a gym and p/t as a dental cutie hygenist. i spotted her when she moved in. girls like CONFIDENCE right???
soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... :idea:
i politely introduced myself -- and asked her if she'd like to treat ME for coffee--another words get her smiling......no smile. said no. the next day i asked her if she needed help with her boxes -- she said no again and fell. she needed help. then one last time i told her to drop by and say hi when she got off the fone -- i told her we hardly ever get transplants and was curious why she moved here from far away. i told her a quick tad about me....and you guessed it -- she never came by.

w/o tooting my own horn. i'm no loser. highly educated - interesting line of work -- a little nerdy maybe but not bad looking. and i stand out in the area -- i'm outgoing where as most people are very reserved. seattle freeze only in kentucky.

here she is moving. a few times she said hello to me. almost like she went out of her way to. but when i tried to engage her in conversation it went no where...nada.

so here's what i was thinking. i believe -- from repeated experience and observation that the main problem with american women in 2013 is that they are only interested in LUST -- and not romantic LOVE. the kind of love that our grandparents knew. lasting love rooted in getting to know someone. that's why we have hooking up--lust.....and not dating-getting to know someone--love. and that's the problem. if it was the 1970's -- maybe that gal would have given me the flirt like willie got on 'family'..maybe she would have been interested in who i was as a person. and if she would have been interested -- she would have found a guy that spent his entire life acting in the theatre as a professional actor. she would have discovered a part time college professor. and a guy whose deep and cares about the world and people.

but NO.

she looked at me. she didnt lust after my look -- or my money. she like most women have lust and love confused. she thinks lust is love. and....because her wet and willing love hole didn't get misty and wet.....she passed on me. simply put--she wasnt immediately sexually wet and aroused. the hole didnt lubricate so she had zero interest. and by the way even at the gym no guy made that hole wet -- she didnt date not once even though she wanted to. apparently none of them guys made the cut. at 37. no kids ....and wanting to have some i hear.

she probably spent years banging the bad boys and now even though the bad boys dont want her .......she wants them.....or maybe it's the rich bastards ----or the pretty boys she wants?????

had she not taken that chance and gotten to know me ...maybe we could have found love. but it's not really love she--and most women want is it??? it's LUST.

i wish there was a time machine back to the 1970's/80's/early 90's......back then -- and before i would have had gotten that chance most likely -- then the world changed and this is what we have now... :x
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The AW ship has long since sailed off into the horizon.

I think my barracuda experience at a bank says it all.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

S_Parc wrote:14 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Can you explain this?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ringspun wrote:
S_Parc wrote:14 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Can you explain this?
Instead of re-writing a lot of dialogue, I'll just link the discussion here.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

S_Parc wrote:
ringspun wrote:

Can you explain this?
Instead of re-writing a lot of dialogue, I'll just link the discussion here.
Thanks just read it, didn't know there would be so much on it!

Yeh I can see it now easily! so true... I remember his saying the daily wank in the shower, yet hasn't had sex for years with his AW who was happy to f**k the first man who showed interest.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ringspun wrote:Thanks just read it, didn't know there would be so much on it!

Yeh I can see it now easily! so true... I remember his saying the daily wank in the shower, yet hasn't had sex for years with his AW who was happy to f**k the first man who showed interest.
As I'd mentioned in that discussion, Lester Burnham had no way out, in his American life, other than through the end of a handgun. If let's say the ex-marine hadn't seen Wes and Lester in the garage together, it would have been Annette Benning who would have pulled the trigger.

If an alternate movie scenario happened and Lester had boinked Angela, he'd be facing statutory rape charges and then, the movie would have taken on a whole new direction ... a legal, trial film.

Thus, it's imperative that men who visit HA, drop all interests in AWs, go it alone (seeing esc@rts in Canada or Latin America for the occasional boink :wink:), or find an international woman abroad.

AB discussion thread

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Observation about LOVE vs LUST in women today

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

bennandsarah wrote::lol: ...ok here it is in a nutshell. it just happened to me and while thinking about it -- thought i'd share.

i was watching an episode of a great tv-drama series from 1976 called 'Family' starring kristy mcnichol-james broderick-sada thompson-gary frank--and meredith baxter birney.......caught it on youtube. anywho. the episode has teen heart throb willie lawrence (about 19 or so) -- out and about in a park. he drops a script he's writing and a page flies into the hands of a pretty female passerby. she reads it--she is really interested in it--a smart gal with keen observations--and she flirts with him and wants him to join her for a game of tennis. simple right. and in 1970's america it could and would and DID happen. and willie is NO brad pitt or zac effron or whatever else.

well here we are in 2013 :roll: .......and a gal whose 37 yrs old (pretty though--LONG hair too--70's look about her--xcept she has some covered tats)......well she's moving out after six months. i heard from the landlady that she asked upon moving in where the cute single 37 yr old guys are?? she works in a gym and p/t as a dental cutie hygenist. i spotted her when she moved in. girls like CONFIDENCE right???
i politely introduced myself -- and asked her if she'd like to treat ME for coffee--another words get her smiling......no smile. said no. the next day i asked her if she needed help with her boxes -- she said no again and fell. she needed help. then one last time i told her to drop by and say hi when she got off the fone -- i told her we hardly ever get transplants and was curious why she moved here from far away. i told her a quick tad about me....and you guessed it -- she never came by.

w/o tooting my own horn. i'm no loser. highly educated - interesting line of work -- a little nerdy maybe but not bad looking. and i stand out in the area -- i'm outgoing where as most people are very reserved. seattle freeze only in kentucky.

here she is moving. a few times she said hello to me. almost like she went out of her way to. but when i tried to engage her in conversation it went no where...nada.

so here's what i was thinking. i believe -- from repeated experience and observation that the main problem with american women in 2013 is that they are only interested in LUST -- and not romantic LOVE. the kind of love that our grandparents knew. lasting love rooted in getting to know someone. that's why we have hooking up--lust.....and not dating-getting to know someone--love. and that's the problem. if it was the 1970's -- maybe that gal would have given me the flirt like willie got on 'family'..maybe she would have been interested in who i was as a person. and if she would have been interested -- she would have found a guy that spent his entire life acting in the theatre as a professional actor. she would have discovered a part time college professor. and a guy whose deep and cares about the world and people.

but NO.

she looked at me. she didnt lust after my look -- or my money. she like most women have lust and love confused. she thinks lust is love. and....because her wet and willing love hole didn't get misty and wet.....she passed on me. simply put--she wasnt immediately sexually wet and aroused. the hole didnt lubricate so she had zero interest. and by the way even at the gym no guy made that hole wet -- she didnt date not once even though she wanted to. apparently none of them guys made the cut. at 37. no kids ....and wanting to have some i hear.

she probably spent years banging the bad boys and now even though the bad boys dont want her .......she wants them.....or maybe it's the rich bastards ----or the pretty boys she wants?????

had she not taken that chance and gotten to know me ...maybe we could have found love. but it's not really love she--and most women want is it??? it's LUST.

i wish there was a time machine back to the 1970's/80's/early 90's......back then -- and before i would have had gotten that chance most likely -- then the world changed and this is what we have now... :x
She sounds like a disaster in wait.

You gave her your pitch, she passed, now it's time for you to forget her ass. NEXT. If by chance she comes to you, blow her off or turn her ass down. Then when you feel enough time has passed, then you tell her it's time to go out. "I've got some time tomorrow night, let's go have dinner." If that doesn't work, forget her.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

LUST IS LOVE!
Time to Hide!
Bane
Freshman Poster

Re: Observation about LOVE vs LUST in women today

Post by Bane »

bennandsarah wrote::lol: ...ok here it is in a nutshell. it just happened to me and while thinking about it -- thought i'd share.

but NO.

Hi there,

Look, I really don't want to come across as rude or insensitive to your situation, but I hope that you will forgive me for making an observation. I found it very difficult to read your post, as there were many grammatical errors that made it hard to understand. Words were misspelled, punctuation marks were used in the wrong place, and there were errors with capitalization. In the future, I think it would be good for you to pay more attention to your grammar. It will help people like me who are trying to contribute to solutions to your problems and offer advice to better assist you. Thank you for reading, and please don't take this the wrong way. I am not trying to be insulting.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Hey, stop being mean to Wesker! He only wants to execute total, global saturation! :D

I think lust is the negative side of love - derogatory, empty sexual fulfillment. It's what most western men think about and personify when they travel abroad, and it's what western women are thinking about and making use of now.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

In most countries of the world, but most especially western nations, I think it is the woman's job to first signal interest from afar. That is, she must first let the man know by using her skills of flirtation that she is interested in getting to know more about him. Then it is his job to approach the woman, if he finds her attractive.

In western nations, if the woman hasnt done a "pre-selection" by sending you an approach invitation, it is much less likely to work. This is called a "cold approach." This kind of approach is definitely not recommended if you do not plan on hitting on multiple women everyday.

You are probably right about her though. It sounds like no one is good for her.

My advice would be to:
1. Forget her.
2. Don't invest any emotion into a woman until you are engaged or married. Some random woman you think is cute isnt worth torturing yourself over. Besides, she may very well be a psychological wreck and unworthy of your time (highly likely).
3. If you must approach AW, only approach after receiving approach invitations, i.e. flirtating.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Here's my advice for guys, eye that calendar.

If you're below 24 yrs of age, you have a shot [ slim percentage, however] of meeting a decent AW, naturally. In another thread, I'd mentioned one decent gal from my HS graduating class, who'd married her BF in college and they're still married today. And both are healthy, and functional. She's got a doctorate in some applied science, teaches at a New England college, and consults for the water treatment industry. She's the complete package of cuteness, brains, and decency. She also ran track and field and thus, looks quite good in her mid-30s. It's not that hard for AWs to stay in shape, most are just too lazy to exercise regularly.

Ok, with that stated, if she were a men-hating lesbo career b*tch, chances are, she would have called her BF, "a nerd" and then, hopped around many beds, to find herself once again, playing the field after the age of 24, in the middle of graduate school. Do you see the picture? The good ones, roughly ~5% of the AW population, are GONE by the age of 24. There is no population density of decent AWs, after college. So whenever I hear about guys chasing chicks from ages 25 to 40, all I can think about is that those bimbos are damaged goods because I'll guarantee that they dumped that nice guy "Matthew Broderick" character in their early 20s for some psychotic motorcycle or muscle car driving Oxycontin bad boy. Hence, don't date AWs past age 24. For me, that was my breakaway year and I never looked back. Afterwards, I did achieve that once great, Brazilian relationship in my early 30s and can say that in contrast, AWs are cr@p. In fact, I'd say the my Brazilian ex-GF even bests that great gal from my HS graduating class, nevermind all the lousy ones.

AB discussion thread