Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Best Place to Raise Kids.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Best Place to Raise Kids.

Postby zacb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:35 pm

I wa slistening to Tom Leykis, and he was talking about kids, and it got me thinking, what place would be best to raise a kid. He was mentioning just the various things could get into, and how Sandy hlHook events happen all the time. He went on to joking about napster, an dhow teens can ge tonline an dget the Fbi invloved. This got me thinking about how much trouble I got into, and I was a good kid. I guess what is the best for raising a family? Somewhere I can homeschool my children, and won't have to worry about the long arm of the law? Thanks.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan







Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:44 pm

There is more to raising kids than homeschooling them. I homeschooled my kids here in El Paso. The problem is the other kids here who are stupid and immoral. My kids can't relate to them. This is the real problem. Kids need friends and with humanity turning into sewage, it is hard for good kids to find good friends. I think I made a mistake which I will try to fix by moving to Japan or Israel. These are the only countries I know where most people aren't immoral idiots.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby zacb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:10 pm

That is kind of what I was getting at. I don't want my kid sto go through what I had too, and have to relate to weirdos otherwise called americans. I wa skind of curious about PI and Colombia, since I am finding them kind of interesting. Japan would be good, but the cost of living is one concern ( at least for now). I just don't want my kids to turn into toxic garbage.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan

Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

zacb wrote:I wa skind of curious about PI and Colombia, since I am finding them kind of interesting.

Have you been to these countries? I haven't, but I have been to a number of Latin American countries and I have some idea how they are, especially Mexico. The kids are spoiled by their parents. They aren't pushed, so they aren't forced to develop their minds or develop self-discipline. The people are nicer than in America, but they aren't trustworthy at all. This is why their economies don't work. So basically, the people are nice but stupid and untrustworthy. Is this what you want?
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby zacb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Defintely not. I want them to think for themsleves, and be responsible. The only problem is I don't know which country would be good for this. North Korea? Lol. All joking aside, you are probably right on SA. Colombia seems like a good get away place, bu tnow quite sure. Davao seems kind of interesting, I am juat curious if it would be a good family place. In any case. And off topi con religion, have you looked into Orthodox Quakers? I tend to mesh with their views, but I want to check them out first, but I find them interesting. Just a thought.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan

Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:06 pm

zacb wrote:And off topi con religion, have you looked into Orthodox Quakers?

I'm not Christian, so these Christian groups don't work for me. For example:

http://mennodiscuss.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14551
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Cornfed » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:54 pm

fschmidt wrote: I think I made a mistake which I will try to fix by moving to Japan or Israel.

Israelis are renowned around the world as being rotten, really terrible people. I can't imagine your kids really fitting in with Japanese children. Presumably you would send them to an international school of some sort.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Cornfed wrote:Israelis are renowned around the world as being rotten, really terrible people. I can't imagine your kids really fitting in with Japanese children. Presumably you would send them to an international school of some sort.

Have you been to either country? I would finish homeschooling my kids in either country and then they would try to fit in. In Japan, they would never be considered Japanese but many foreigners are accepted living there. And I personally like Israelis because they are very direct, something other cultures may not like.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Cornfed » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 pm

fschmidt wrote:Have you been to either country?

No but I have encountered many Israelis on the backpacker trail and typically found them to be complete assholes. Apparently I'm not the only one.
http://www.orchiddesigns.net/ArticlesJewish/Oped_Israeli_backpackers.html
Also, they are as likely to have casual sex as anyone else. To be fair, most of them have just got out of the army, so perhaps in time they will become less likely to be greatly improved by death.

I would finish homeschooling my kids in either country and then they would try to fit in. In Japan, they would never be considered Japanese but many foreigners are accepted living there.

Adults are accepted living in Japan, but children seem unlikely to fit in. Apparently they will even shun and bully Japanese who have spent some time overseas, although they didn't do this at my school in Korea, so maybe that is an unban legend.. How would your kids actually mix with Japs? Martial arts classes perhaps?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4638
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 pm

Cornfed wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Have you been to either country?

No but I have encountered many Israelis on the backpacker trail and typically found them to be complete assholes. Apparently I'm not the only one.
http://www.orchiddesigns.net/ArticlesJewish/Oped_Israeli_backpackers.html
Also, they are as likely to have casual sex as anyone else. To be fair, most of them have just got out of the army, so perhaps in time they will become less likely to be greatly improved by death.

I would finish homeschooling my kids in either country and then they would try to fit in. In Japan, they would never be considered Japanese but many foreigners are accepted living there.

Adults are accepted living in Japan, but children seem unlikely to fit in. Apparently they will even shun and bully Japanese who have spent some time overseas, although they didn't do this at my school in Korea, so maybe that is an unban legend.. How would your kids actually mix with Japs? Martial arts classes perhaps?


No offense, Fschmidt, since I know you're a Jew, but Jews have a terrible reputation abroad as being rude, discourteous, and outright racists; they tend to view themselves as superior and look down on the natives as 'inferior.' I've also had many negative run-ins with Jews--in-person--living here in NYC; they're some of the most greedy and money-hungry individuals I've ever met. Now having said that, I've also had numerous Jewish friends who were the complete opposite of this, so I guess it depends on the individual Jew, and not the collective!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby zboy1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:03 pm

From Jewcy.com (a Jewish mag site):
http://www.jewcy.com/post/why_israelis_are_pricks

The Israeli Asshole

Image

After backpacking around Southeast Asia, I know it’s not just Chris who has a problem with Israelis. In Thailand, at the Bella Bella Guesthouse, just one block from Bangkok’s tourist-thick Khao San Road, the management apologizes for not serving Israeli patrons. According to the sign taped to the front desk, “We have many problem with them.â€￾ Israelis’ reputation in North America isn’t much better. Ask anyone who’s spent time among Israelis—be it traveling, doing business, or, say, buying a digital camera at a Manhattan electronics shop—and they’ll tell you it’s common knowledge that Israelis are, well, shmucks.

Many American Jews will drop snarky asides about Israeli bad behavior, but tell them about the Southeast Asian hostels that prohibit Israelis and the mockery gives way to solidarity. Like me—a Catholic-raised Jersey boy—American Jews see “no Israelisâ€￾ and think “no Jews.â€￾ But while for many people this anti-Israelism evokes the “restrictedâ€￾ hotels and country clubs of pre-WWII America, most Israelis couldn’t care less about it. In fact, many even seem to take a bit of good-spirited pride in their infamy.

The question, then, is this: Why are Israelis such dicks? And why doesn’t their bad reputation bother them?

I interviewed the Israelis I met in Southeast Asia. And when I got home, I spoke to anthropologists, sociologists, and shrinks. Five explanations stood out from all the others:
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby fschmidt » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Cornfed wrote:No but I have encountered many Israelis on the backpacker trail and typically found them to be complete assholes. Apparently I'm not the only one.
http://www.orchiddesigns.net/ArticlesJewish/Oped_Israeli_backpackers.html
Also, they are as likely to have casual sex as anyone else. To be fair, most of them have just got out of the army, so perhaps in time they will become less likely to be greatly improved by death.

I guess I believe this. Israel is very diverse, from being very liberal to very conservative. The liberals are bad. Tel Aviv is a horrible place because it is liberal. And I would guess that it is the liberal Israelis who travel. Conservative Israelis are okay.

Adults are accepted living in Japan, but children seem unlikely to fit in. Apparently they will even shun and bully Japanese who have spent some time overseas, although they didn't do this at my school in Korea, so maybe that is an unban legend.. How would your kids actually mix with Japs? Martial arts classes perhaps?

My kids are teens and will soon be adults. If we move there, they would study Japanese and then work or go to university. I guess for younger kids, an international school may be best.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Postby Zero_Tolerance_Man » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 am

zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Have you been to either country?

No but I have encountered many Israelis on the backpacker trail and typically found them to be complete assholes. Apparently I'm not the only one.
http://www.orchiddesigns.net/ArticlesJewish/Oped_Israeli_backpackers.html
Also, they are as likely to have casual sex as anyone else. To be fair, most of them have just got out of the army, so perhaps in time they will become less likely to be greatly improved by death.

I would finish homeschooling my kids in either country and then they would try to fit in. In Japan, they would never be considered Japanese but many foreigners are accepted living there.

Adults are accepted living in Japan, but children seem unlikely to fit in. Apparently they will even shun and bully Japanese who have spent some time overseas, although they didn't do this at my school in Korea, so maybe that is an unban legend.. How would your kids actually mix with Japs? Martial arts classes perhaps?


No offense, Fschmidt, since I know you're a Jew, but Jews have a terrible reputation abroad as being rude, discourteous, and outright racists; they tend to view themselves as superior and look down on the natives as 'inferior.' I've also had many negative run-ins with Jews--in-person--living here in NYC; they're some of the most greedy and money-hungry individuals I've ever met. Now having said that, I've also had numerous Jewish friends who were the complete opposite of this, so I guess it depends on the individual Jew, and not the collective!


Yeah yeah, Jews are rude, blacks are lazy, Italians are greasy...................... I am Jewish and I have had trouble with some, but just as much with god damned arrogant Christians. Bottom line... most people are a$$holes. What do you want to do, burn them in ovens again like Hitler. I am f.ucking sick of this anti-semetic $hit on this forum. Don't blame the Jews, you morons........ blame human beings because most suck. Got it????????????
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Postby zboy1 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 am

ZERO_TOLERANCE_MAN wrote:
zboy1 wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
fschmidt wrote:Have you been to either country?

No but I have encountered many Israelis on the backpacker trail and typically found them to be complete assholes. Apparently I'm not the only one.
http://www.orchiddesigns.net/ArticlesJewish/Oped_Israeli_backpackers.html
Also, they are as likely to have casual sex as anyone else. To be fair, most of them have just got out of the army, so perhaps in time they will become less likely to be greatly improved by death.

I would finish homeschooling my kids in either country and then they would try to fit in. In Japan, they would never be considered Japanese but many foreigners are accepted living there.

Adults are accepted living in Japan, but children seem unlikely to fit in. Apparently they will even shun and bully Japanese who have spent some time overseas, although they didn't do this at my school in Korea, so maybe that is an unban legend.. How would your kids actually mix with Japs? Martial arts classes perhaps?


No offense, Fschmidt, since I know you're a Jew, but Jews have a terrible reputation abroad as being rude, discourteous, and outright racists; they tend to view themselves as superior and look down on the natives as 'inferior.' I've also had many negative run-ins with Jews--in-person--living here in NYC; they're some of the most greedy and money-hungry individuals I've ever met. Now having said that, I've also had numerous Jewish friends who were the complete opposite of this, so I guess it depends on the individual Jew, and not the collective!


Yeah yeah, Jews are rude, blacks are lazy, Italians are greasy...................... I am Jewish and I have had trouble with some, but just as much with god damned arrogant Christians. Bottom line... most people are a$$holes. What do you want to do, burn them in ovens again like Hitler. I am f.ucking sick of this anti-semetic $hit on this forum. Don't blame the Jews, you morons........ blame human beings because most suck. Got it????????????


Point taken! I agree, most human beings are as*hole*, but certain people in the world are better than others. Do you deny this isn't true? If not, then why does the term "Ugly American" exist around the world? And calm down Zero....I don't hate Jews...relax...Just ignore the anti-Semites here if they bother you so much and use the ignore feature so their posts won't appear when you skim through the forum.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Zero_Tolerance_Man » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 am

Tell me which culture has wonderful people. IN china, people push and shove each other on the street. In the Philippines, people drive like maniacs, throw their garbage everywhere, and the country has plenty of gold diggers just like the USA does. They have an ulterior motive. So tell me which people are better than others?
Zero_Tolerance_Man
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests