Confused about Russian people, can anyone clarify...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I wish I could understand what these women were saying. f***ing useless whores trying to snag a man because he's rich.
So f***ing what??? I would be happy if getting rich would give the same amount of attention from girls in the USA. I have a friend in the U.S. who had recently bought a Bentley, well it is used, but nevertheless? He is single and cannot find a decent girl in America or let's say he cannot find any girl that is half-way decent looking. Now try to buy a Bentley in Russia/Ukraine and see how many girls you will get, you will get so spoiled that you will aim for pure models only. Some of those rich guys in Ukraine get so tired of girl's attention, they take public transportation and go to cheap cafes to actually find "a decent simple girl". But see? Those options exist in Russia/Ukraine. You want status and attention of skanky hot girls? You get it, just show your money. You want a simple educated caring girl? No problem, you get it as well. Good luck finding that in America! I've seen guys pull up in Ferrari's in Miami nightclubs and no one even cares. Pull up in a Ferrari to a nightclub in Kiev, whole line of girls by the entrance will be looking your way. Now that's a freaking reason to get rich over there, and what's the reason for it in America? To attract fat whores? No, thank you.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

have2fly wrote:
1. Best advise - throw out your TV right now! I don't own TV for over 8 years and I am very happy.

Wow, its awesome you can live without your favourite movies - I can't. I have given up pay-tv though!
have2fly wrote:
6. Living in Russia is a whole different story. There are many issues with the government corruption, low wages, high taxes on imports (cars, electronics, clothes), low quality service. However, if you have money, living in Russia could be even MORE comfortable than living in the West. Poor roads could be fixed - just buy a Hummer or Land Cruiser :) Poor service? Just pick expensive places, service quality will be better than 5-star hotels in the U.S. Also keep in mind, when you go to expensive places in Russia/FSU you automatically get into a "club" of successful people. So everyone around will know that. What does that mean? Girls working at that fancy restaurant you go may want your phone number, get it? In general, you feel like a King (Tsar?) having money in FSU. All doors open, it's a feeling that cannot be described. You NEVER feel that in the U.S.! Even with millions of dollars driving a Porsche in the U.S. - who are you? Just another rich dude on the block. Not like that in FSU, you get automatic rise in social structure by being "successful" as they call it.
He will NEVER legally life in Russia - he will never be given residency unless he is rich enough to bribe numerous people to get on the "list." Even marrying a local girl won't cut it. The bureaucrats will run him around Moscow until his visa expires then they'll say, sorry you need a new visa (which he has to get at his home country after being outside of Russia for 90 days).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

He will NEVER legally life in Russia - he will never be given residency unless he is rich enough to bribe numerous people to get on the "list." Even marrying a local girl won't cut it. The bureaucrats will run him around Moscow until his visa expires then they'll say, sorry you need a new visa (which he has to get at his home country after being outside of Russia for 90 days).
Russia has immigration quotas per geographic area. As far as Moscow, they don't want it to turn to another Londo or Paris. Muscovites come first. Russians are still in the city-state mentality - nothing changed for 1000 years. So, it's very hard to get any kind of permit to live there unless you are very rich.

However, each provincial city has its own quota- this is where lots of Africans and other foreigners have settled. Some are already full citizens and are running for office. They also learned the language.

A not-rich American who does not speak Russian will find the place a total jungle unless very lucky. Unlike in Hollywood movies, Russians do not speak English that much and they in fact follow their own laws and there are not even signs in the Roman alphabet.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Ladislav is right and framed the dilemma better than me. People from a Western country, where workers actually do their jobs will need to see Russian Bureaucrats to believe it. In any case average people will never live legally in Russia, its possible to live there illegally until you need to leave the county (which u have to get an exit visa first - and you guessed it - you won't be given it without massive red-tape ie, a solid week of running around getting various papers).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Confused about Russian people, can anyone clarify...

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

clowny wrote:I always had the impression that russian people were extremely hardcore. I'm not exactly sure why I had this idea, maybe it's because they have one of the largest and most powerful militaries in the world, and seem to constantly be involved in wars. I suppose that movies I watched as a child are largely responsible for my misconceptions about Russians too. Movies like Rocky 4, Red Scorpion, and Goldeneye, in which Russians seem to be portrayed as unstoppable killing machines. So for a long time I had this idea permanently etched into my brain that russians are soul-less, emotionless people. I also heard that russians never smile, and are all vodka drinking thugs who like to fight.

But then I actually met some russians. They were pretty much the total opposite of what I had been lead to believe. They are some of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever come across. From my limited interaction with russian women I did notice a difference in their demeanour and attitude compared with western women. They just seem a lot more open towards you. Can winston or anyone whose been to russia tell me what the average russian person is like? Is russia a terrible place to live? Do most of the people want to escape? Are the people on the street a lot more hardcore than people in the united states/canada/australia, or is it just the soldiers who are this way?
Dude....subscribe to my friend Sergey...please tell him I sent you along!! He is looking for lots of subs...he is a really good guy!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/realrussiab ... eos?view=0
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

However, not everything is lost. People do live in Russia on various visas. There are various sites and fora devoted to this. Google: Russian visas and search. Join the discussion groups. They may know/refer you to lawyers that can do all kinds of things and have connections.

And Moscow is hard to get residence in even for Russians. But smaller towns are easier. However, how will you be talking to lawyers and immigration there if few people speak English?

You may also choose to go to Ukraine for a Russia-lite experience. The thing is South and East of Ukraine is heavily Russian populated and Russian speaking. The Crimea is one such area. And Americans don't need a visa for up to 90 days. However, if you do get married, there are all kinds of visas for you but again you will need a lawyer or good advice. Ukraine has Indians, Arabs and Africans who are married and live there. Why not Americans?

Google expat ukraine and visit their forums.

Living in many eastern and southern cities in Ukraine is just like living in Russia. In some places no Ukrainian is ever spoken.

And if that does not pan out, go to Estonia/Latvia. Half of the country is Russian. And they are in the EU so marriage to a citizen will help you get visas. They also have other visas there.

Do not despair, you will find a way.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!