Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Yes. He is funny and brilliant. Forgive his rash behavior. This forum isn't the same without him.
30
56%
No. He is a wacko and racist and contributes nothing useful to this forum. We are better off without his vulgar rantings.
24
44%
 
Total votes : 54

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:52 pm

I think Odbo could be the same guy that Stickman Bangkok's featured recently. He scribbles incoherent diagrams on Sukhumvit street furniture, but you know, they might just be the plans to a pollution free power station or a space ship that could take us to Mars in 3 days.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London







Postby MrPeabody » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Postby OutWest » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29 am

MrPeabody wrote:Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.


Kinda reinforces the reptile people theory...its not about intelligence...more about being a hateful
little weeny....
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Ok so what's the popular opinion now? Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum? Should he be unbanned?

It looks like from the poll that the majority are saying yes now.

If you haven't voted yet, please do.

There are some new posters now that like him and favor him back it seems.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22624
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Moretorque » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:33 pm

I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby zboy1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:02 am

Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby Cornfed » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:24 am

zboy1 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns

This is supposed to be a free speech forum, so it is a simple matter of people who don't like free speech switching to other forums where their fragile egos are protected. One can sympathize with them in many cases. In the case of the affirmative action classes, imagine attending a university you don't belong at, getting grades you don't deserve, getting a degree you didn't earn and getting an AA welfare job where everyone you deal with knows you are a total fraud but have to pretend you are legit through clenched teeth in order to keep their own jobs. That must wear on you, so the only chance people in that position have to cling to some vestige of self-respect is to hysterically deny reality. Posters like Odbo puncture that pretense, so it is understandable that the AA crowd become upset, but their being upset should not prevent the rest of us from getting to the truth of the matter.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Postby ElReyBoludo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:27 am

zboy1 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?


I am a long-time lurker precisely because of this subject. I could discuss with you at length some of my criticisms of the site about the topic, but you would probably just ban me once I told you stuff that you don't want to hear. You have a reputation for being rather trigger-happy with that banhammer.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:23 am

Postby Jester » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:11 am

Didn't read all through 5 pages of this thread, just going to post here what I'm feeling at the moment.

I cringed at some of Odbo's posts, but I laughed out loud too.

I miss him.

Yeah, I'm White, sort of, so I am not in the position of those minority (so-called minority) members who he may have offended. (OK, did offend.)

But yeah I miss him.

I don't like the fights, but I do like the humor.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Moretorque » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby Winston » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:27 pm

Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.


Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Jester » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:41 pm

Winston wrote:
Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol



:lol:

Good one!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Winston wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.


Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol


Just bring him back already. Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Jester » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.



LOL

OK make Odbo the mod for a day. Or no, maybe his own NSFW section.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby gsjackson » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 am

If for no other reason, the hilarious graphics he comes up with. Bring him back.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests