Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Yes. He is funny and brilliant. Forgive his rash behavior. This forum isn't the same without him.
30
56%
No. He is a wacko and racist and contributes nothing useful to this forum. We are better off without his vulgar rantings.
24
44%
 
Total votes : 54

Postby xiongmao » July 26th, 2013, 4:52 pm

I think Odbo could be the same guy that Stickman Bangkok's featured recently. He scribbles incoherent diagrams on Sukhumvit street furniture, but you know, they might just be the plans to a pollution free power station or a space ship that could take us to Mars in 3 days.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: March 9th, 2011, 6:09 pm
Location: London




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Postby MrPeabody » July 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1319
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Postby OutWest » July 27th, 2013, 7:29 am

MrPeabody wrote:Odbo would regularly post large pictures slurring various ethnic groups. This kind of argument is totally ineffective. It convinces the other side that they are even more right and discredits the people who may agree with some parts of your argument. I am somewhat mystified that there are people here who actually believe this was intelligent or even brilliant discourse.


Kinda reinforces the reptile people theory...its not about intelligence...more about being a hateful
little weeny....
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2218
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby Winston » April 5th, 2014, 6:13 pm

Ok so what's the popular opinion now? Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum? Should he be unbanned?

It looks like from the poll that the majority are saying yes now.

If you haven't voted yet, please do.

There are some new posters now that like him and favor him back it seems.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22624
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24681
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Moretorque » April 5th, 2014, 6:33 pm

I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4417
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby zboy1 » April 6th, 2014, 2:02 am

Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4561
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Postby Cornfed » April 6th, 2014, 2:24 am

zboy1 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns

This is supposed to be a free speech forum, so it is a simple matter of people who don't like free speech switching to other forums where their fragile egos are protected. One can sympathize with them in many cases. In the case of the affirmative action classes, imagine attending a university you don't belong at, getting grades you don't deserve, getting a degree you didn't earn and getting an AA welfare job where everyone you deal with knows you are a total fraud but have to pretend you are legit through clenched teeth in order to keep their own jobs. That must wear on you, so the only chance people in that position have to cling to some vestige of self-respect is to hysterically deny reality. Posters like Odbo puncture that pretense, so it is understandable that the AA crowd become upset, but their being upset should not prevent the rest of us from getting to the truth of the matter.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5682
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Postby ElReyBoludo » April 6th, 2014, 2:27 am

zboy1 wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I read some of his posts and found him to be a daring social reformer. :D


Well, you can kiss some of the Asian, Black, Latino and Jewish posters off the forum--if Odbo returns...Is that what you want, Winston?


I am a long-time lurker precisely because of this subject. I could discuss with you at length some of my criticisms of the site about the topic, but you would probably just ban me once I told you stuff that you don't want to hear. You have a reputation for being rather trigger-happy with that banhammer.
ElReyBoludo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 42
Joined: March 4th, 2014, 8:23 am

Postby Jester » April 6th, 2014, 3:11 am

Didn't read all through 5 pages of this thread, just going to post here what I'm feeling at the moment.

I cringed at some of Odbo's posts, but I laughed out loud too.

I miss him.

Yeah, I'm White, sort of, so I am not in the position of those minority (so-called minority) members who he may have offended. (OK, did offend.)

But yeah I miss him.

I don't like the fights, but I do like the humor.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Moretorque » April 6th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4417
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Postby Winston » April 6th, 2014, 3:27 pm

Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.


Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24681
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby Jester » April 6th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Winston wrote:
Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol



:lol:

Good one!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Rock » April 6th, 2014, 4:28 pm

Winston wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Where is he at these days ? would he come back ? he is better than this site deserves. :D he should come back and enlighten us all with his views on social reforming.


Yes I'm sure he'd come back because:

1) He always came back in the past after being banned.

2) There are very few forums out there that will tolerate him. So if this one does, he will take advantage of it. He seems to love the attention and controversy of his posts and feeds on it too.

So most likely, yes he will come back if unbanned.

Wow the poll is now 29 yay and 22 neigh. I wonder why because the neighs outweighed the yays before.

Anyway guys, please make up your minds. Do you want him back or not? Try to agree unanimously please. lol


Just bring him back already. Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Postby Jester » April 6th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.



LOL

OK make Odbo the mod for a day. Or no, maybe his own NSFW section.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7874
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 10:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby gsjackson » April 7th, 2014, 9:14 am

If for no other reason, the hilarious graphics he comes up with. Bring him back.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1802
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Voyager1 and 4 guests