Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Poll: Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should Odbo be allowed to return to the forum?

Yes. He is funny and brilliant. Forgive his rash behavior. This forum isn't the same without him.
56%
No. He is a wacko and racist and contributes nothing useful to this forum. We are better off without his vulgar rantings.
44%

Total votes : 54

Postby fightforlove » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:27 pm

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.

LOL

OK make Odbo the mod for a day. Or no, maybe his own NSFW section.

Or just the Odbo forum, where members can go in and chat with him at their own risk.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 pm

I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol

Anyway, since:

1) The poll results show that the majority want him back.

2) Most of the members who protested against him are no longer posting.

I figured we should give him another chance and bring him back for a probation period. So I will now unban Odbo, and his IP if banned, and notify him about it.

Those of you who don't like his postings are free to put him on Ignore by clicking the Ignore button in his posts.

I will also unblock Odbo's ability to send PM's. Odbo, you will be on probation. Please refrain from personal attacks and insults. Thanks.

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Last edited by Winston on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 pm

fightforlove wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

....Just the dynamics of banning him and then unbanning him and then banning him again and so on brings some life and entertaining drams to the forum. Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.

LOL

Or just the Odbo forum, where members can go in and chat with him at their own risk.

We can't do that because he refuses to be confined to one board. He participates where he likes and is like a wild wind which refuses to be restricted or confined.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jester » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 am

Winston wrote:
fightforlove wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:

LOL

We can't do that because he refuses to be confined to one board. He participates where he likes and is like a wild wind which refuses to be restricted or confined.

Jeez, maybe if we can just get the guy LAID, he'll simmer down!

;)
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Odbo,
You've been unbanned! Where are you?

Are you too busy being happier abroad or being laid abroad to post now? lol

Maybe he forgot about us, since it's been so long. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Moretorque » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:37 pm

Once you do that to your most brilliant poster you expect him to come back?

Hopefully he has found a nice site that can appreciate his talents for pointing out our societies obvious social problems.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:53 am

Winston wrote:I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol

Who you want on your forum (and topics of discussion) depends on what image you want to give to visitors.

Do you want to give visitors the image that this forum is about expat advocacy, or do you want them to read racial epithets and pending mass extinction of humans?

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:28 pm

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:I have mixed feelings about bringing Odbo back. I'm sure it'd make the forum more interesting, but it's like letting a wild troublesome wildcat out of the cage. lol

Who you want on your forum (and topics of discussion) depends on what image you want to give to visitors.

Do you want to give visitors the image that this forum is about expat advocacy, or do you want them to read racial epithets and pending mass extinction of humans?

Hey dude you better come out of your dream world because you ain't running from this, either the human race grows up like now or it is check out time. Running from country to country will not save us from mother nature. The world is becoming a small place and options on where to hide will be very limited.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Bitch_Slapper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:37 am

Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.

I believe this is a sensible, reasonable, and fair proposal. Odbo's insults were extremely entertaining as well as educational.
Bitch_Slapper
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:55 am

Bitch_Slapper wrote:
Maybe add a twist and ban zboy1 for a few weeks while during Odbo's next unbanning.

I believe this is a sensible, reasonable, and fair proposal. Odbo's insults were extremely entertaining as well as educational.

Why ban someone for fun, especially the moderator? That's an insane idea with no logical basis. This world is already insane enough. Don't add to it.

Banning people for fun would not look good at all, especially since we stand for free speech.

We are trying to be as logical, reasonable and fair as possible. Not psycho. Come on. Let's have some rationality here.

Odbo is still not back yet and he never opened my PM. I emailed him too. I just hope he's ok, even if he doesn't come back.

Oh well. Maybe it's all for the best.

Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussions