Opportunities in Korea?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Opportunities in Korea?

Post by zacb »

If both armies are decimated, does that leave an opening for some opportunistic men? And a second question, do you think we will re-enstate the draft if there is a war with Korea? I hear that if we were to attack on the grounf we would loose 250,000 men. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Opportunities in Korea?

Post by zboy1 »

zacb wrote:If both armies are decimated, does that leave an opening for some opportunistic men? And a second question, do you think we will re-enstate the draft if there is a war with Korea? I hear that if we were to attack on the grounf we would loose 250,000 men. Any thoughts?
As someone who mistakenly renounced his Korean citizenship to become an American citizen, I would've jumped at the chance to join the South Korean military if I still had my Korean citizenship.

An interesting story about my own personal dealings with the S.K. draft: As a teen, I was stupidly forced into renouncing my Korean citizenship by my parents because they did not want me to be conscripted to the S. Korean military when I was of age. And there have been cases where Korean Americans with dual citizenship have been forced to join the S.K military whenever they visited Korea--not knowing of the mandatory conscription still-in-place for them. South Koreans citizens have to serve in the Korean military regardless of whether they no longer live in Korea or how long they have lived overseas.

And Korea already has mandatory conscription in-place, so I don't think a draft will happen, unless the SHTF. And if you have thoughts of joining the South Korean military as a foreigner--you can't unless you have Korean ancestry or have parents who are Korean citizens.

If a war were to take place with the North, South Korea would lose quite a lot of soldiers, but the combined U.S./S. Korean and possibly Japanese forces, along with other allied forces namely: Australia, U.K., and UN forces, would be enough to destroy the North into oblivion. But I don't see a war taking place because that would mean the end of the communist regime of North Korea, and the North Koreans and Kim Jong Un aren't that stupid.
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

i wouldn't assume they 'aren't that stupid'
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

quito wrote:i wouldn't assume they 'aren't that stupid'
North Korea has a history of provocation against the U.S. and South Korea in order to extract aid and food to the country. They always do this type of thing, only to pull back when they get what they want (attention and money).
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The DMZ and center city Seoul are only some 50 minutes apart. I'd seen it for myself, a number of years ago. That's practically like having the New Hampshire border being a staging ground for missile attacks on Boston MA. One doesn't need the best guidance system to inflict some serious damage in such a scenario. So while the SK/US/UN forces currently stationed in and around the 38th parallel could stop a general invasion, a lot of ppl in and around Seoul could get hurt if someone decides to do something stupid with ballistic missiles. I'm sure that someone on the NK may want to outdo those skirmishes during the late 60s with a statement of his own.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

'US wants to take S. Korea into new Korean war'

The U.S. is at fault here!
quito
Freshman Poster

Post by quito »

this guy seems to have forgotten about the actual multiple attacks by north korea with lose of property and life in south korea.. also seems to have forgotten about all the japanese civilians kidnapped by north korea.. there is much more..
NeighborhoodNetBang
Freshman Poster

Post by NeighborhoodNetBang »

There may be a draft. More Black men will die for two countries that hate them (US and SK) so that White men will be able to sample the ladies of the North as they do those of the South and other Oriental paradises.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

NeighborhoodNetBang wrote:There may be a draft. More Black men will die for two countries that hate them (US and SK) so that White men will be able to sample the ladies of the North as they do those of the South and other Oriental paradises.
Screw that! At least North Korean women stay loyal to their men, unlike other Asian women in the region. Both men and women in NK have a strong pride in their race and heritage, which is why I don't want to see NK get attacked or invaded by American/British/Anglo scumbags into the country.
NeighborhoodNetBang
Freshman Poster

Post by NeighborhoodNetBang »

Agreed, zboy1.