Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I need some assistance, guys.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I need some assistance, guys.

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 pm

I am looking for something on the internet that talks about how to respond to RELIGIOUS-BASED shaming tactics (i.e. "Since you're alive and healthy, you should consider yourself to be blessed!").

If anyone knows where I can find such information, can you please post it here or send me a PM?

Thanks a bunch!
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: I need some assistance, guys.

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:42 pm

The assistance you need is to be told not to respond. Spend your time building your own business or collaborating with someone to build a business.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Postby C.J. » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:18 pm

What? Why don't you stop hanging around these people? Or I don't know, maybe thnk about what they're saying for a minute? Maybe they have a point... as long as you aren't being dragged to some stupid western church though, you should be fine.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:38 pm

@CJ

Just because they may have every reason in the universe to be happy doesn't mean the next person does...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Re: I need some assistance, guys.

Postby momopi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I am looking for something on the internet that talks about how to respond to RELIGIOUS-BASED shaming tactics (i.e. "Since you're alive and healthy, you should consider yourself to be blessed!").
If anyone knows where I can find such information, can you please post it here or send me a PM?
Thanks a bunch!

If you don't mind using another religious based ideology, look up Rick Warren's critique of prosperity gospel.

Just FYI, Rick Warren runs Saddleback Church, aka "Church of Lake Forest" with some 20,000 people attending weekly.

http://marriedwithdebt.com/2012/06/cref ... ty-gospel/

For a higher profile critic, we only need to look to Rick Warren, the only pastor of the “top fourâ€￾ who does not preach prosperity theology. He said, “â€￾This idea that God wants everybody to be wealthy? There is a word for that: baloney. It’s creating a false idol. You don’t measure your self-worth by your net worth. I can show you millions of faithful followers of Christ who live in poverty. Why isn’t everyone in the church a millionaire?â€￾
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby C.J. » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:@CJ
Just because they may have every reason in the universe to be happy doesn't mean the next person does...

Why aren't YOU happy is the better question. :D
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions