What Did You Do Before Taking the Red Pill?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

What Did You Do Before Taking the Red Pill?

Post by zacb »

Before you were awake, how did you deal with life? For me, I played video games, and tried to expand my hobbies. I still do that to a certain extent, but I try and put as much energy into writing and earning money so I can get out of here. I also feel kinda detached from here. What did you do to occupy your mind before you were awake, or "took the red pill".
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I didn't. I didn't occupy my mind at all. I was just empty inside.

When I was a kid I did nothing but play with Legos. When I was a teenager I did nothing but listen to Oasis. When I was nineteen I was a month away from suicide.

So I took the pill.

Asia has that epidemic of kids never growing up, so they'll literally live in internet cafes. Eat, sleep and play Warcraft/Second Life. Support themselves by selling in-game items.

It's an empty generation.

In the nineties people just OD'd on heroin.

In the MidWest people are ODing right now on Meth.

http://www.alternet.org/story/141550/wh ... _addiction

People have nothing to do with their lives anymore. So they just die.

What's the point of having kids? God is dead. All values are subjective.

Art isn't creative. It is only destructive.

Etc.

But I don't think someone who claims to be a libertarian, in the commonest sense, can claim to have really taken the red pill. It's not enough to say you're okay with feminists and gays, etc. as long as they're over there away from me. Because they'll never be away from you. Language is universal. Society affects us all.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess here is the thing though David, I am not saying I agree with gays, feminist, or anyone for that matter. I believe it is government power and policy that encourages them. There has always been gays, heck, there were leather bars in the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I don't have so much a problem with subculture, whether that be them or polygamist. My problem, whether it be atheists, gays, Christians (which I consider myself), or whomever, I believe it is wrong to force values on someone, because there will be untended consequences. But ultimately, I am an individual, and I will associate with like minded people, and disassociate myself with people who don't share those values. Will it affect too many people directly? Probably not, but if you multiply the affect with the multiplier effect, the economic value lost from you shrugging is huge. I want to help people who appreciate my expertise, not smug people who want more and more from you. Even for me, I have to come to the reality that more likely than not, the ideal scenario is not going to occur (at least my ideal scenario), and so it is best to follow your ideals. Does that mean you should be a hermit? No! It just means I want to associate with Filipinos and Colombians and maybe others, and not so much with Americans. I am not saying that you shouldn't have community, all I am saying is that the ideal society is not likely to occur.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Well if Feminism and Post-Modernism are exported to those countries then there won't be any community at all. You can't win a war by continually ceding land and hoping they won't kill you. And by God it is a war. Liberalism's endgame is cannibalism. Just look at the difference between the Belgian Congo and The Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Although I suspect for some of the countries they'll just look at Post-Modernism and say, what the f**k are you talking about??? So simple people are okay in my book. Just not too simple. Again, the Congo. It's an ouroboros.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I get what you are saying. Let's just put it this way, at the moment, a good chunk of people are dumbed down. You can't reason with them, and you can't convince them of their condition. They must come to their own conclusion. In other words, we can vote for the right people, but until we awaken people, or a situation does, we ultimately have to look after our own welfare. The best way of disconnecting from them is by not supporting the centers of their power, which is Washington and Hollywood. If you drain the beast of it's funding, then you will stop it on other fronts. Simple.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I just kept improving myself and building up my self-esteem. Eventually I gained enough self-respect to realize that I was a quality human being and I deserved much better than the horrible treatment I was receiving from trashy American women.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

How to you quantify "taking the red pill" in this context?

I'm abroad now (in China) and as far as what i do, it's not really much different from what I was doing back in America.

Back in America I spent my free time hanging out with friends, playing video games, and surfing the internet. Every woman I approached rejected me so eventually I gave up.

Here in China I spend my free time hanging out with friends, playing video games and surfing the internet. Every woman I've approached here has rejected me as well, and I gave up here too.

The main differences in terms of what I do are what I eat and my job, I've never done anything like teaching before.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

zacb wrote:I get what you are saying. Let's just put it this way, at the moment, a good chunk of people are dumbed down. You can't reason with them, and you can't convince them of their condition. They must come to their own conclusion. In other words, we can vote for the right people, but until we awaken people, or a situation does, we ultimately have to look after our own welfare. The best way of disconnecting from them is by not supporting the centers of their power, which is Washington and Hollywood. If you drain the beast of it's funding, then you will stop it on other fronts. Simple.
The people will always be that stupid. It's a fight that can never be won. They'll never be awakened, which is why I'm more authoritarian. The lowest elements of society shouldn't hold power.

Besides, you can try to leave, but one day, after the community's been smashed to pieces, they'll come knocking on your door...

Which has me thinking of Mao.

As a libertarian, I think it's best that people have the maximum freedom they can responsibly wield, but no more. Otherwise it becomes extremely dangerous. That's when you start seeing violence spill out into the streets.

Liberalism is like a black hole. You can try running from it, but eventually you'll get sucked in.

And what is liberalism exactly? The default state. Complete and utter savagery. All values are subjective and equally valid. Its whole purpose is philosophical deconstruction. If there are no traditions and no shared values but individual ones, humanity reverts to its pre-civilized state. It's not like Adam and Eve before the Apple. It's more like savage headhunters.

I learned all this from a libertarian. Hayek.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Re: What Did You Do Before the Red Pill?

Post by MJay1978 »

zacb wrote:Before you were awake, how did you deal with life? For me, I played video games, and tried to expand my hobbies. I still do that to a certain extent, but I try and put as much energy into writing and earning money so I can get out of here. I also feel kinda detached from here. What did you do to occupy your mind before you were awake, or "took the red pill".
I was a workaholic who would spend most of my time playing video games. Also I was putting up with the crap of feminism when I was dating here. Ever since I took that pill months ago and after a woman that tried to screw me over in the worst way possible, I finally awoke. Now I'm making video documentaries on YouTube about feminism, how the dating world is failing in America, and foreign dating. I'm also writing blogs about mainly on these subjects. After dating in America for over 15 years, I think I have enough knowledge to turn this into a money maker by making videos and blogs about these subjects alone. I was thinking about writing e-books too, but I'm still undecided on this yet. Ever since I started doing this I put my video game hobby aside while I'm watching over my 13 year old daughter, Kaci. This is what I've been doing ever since I took that pill.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Re: What Did You Do Before the Red Pill?

Post by abcdavid01 »

MJay1978 wrote:
zacb wrote:Before you were awake, how did you deal with life? For me, I played video games, and tried to expand my hobbies. I still do that to a certain extent, but I try and put as much energy into writing and earning money so I can get out of here. I also feel kinda detached from here. What did you do to occupy your mind before you were awake, or "took the red pill".
I was a workaholic who would spend most of my time playing video games. Also I was putting up with the crap of feminism when I was dating here. Ever since I took that pill months ago and after a woman that tried to screw me over in the worst way possible, I finally awoke. Now I'm making video documentaries on YouTube about feminism, how the dating world is failing in America, and foreign dating. I'm also writing blogs about mainly on these subjects. After dating in America for over 15 years, I think I have enough knowledge to turn this into a money maker by making videos and blogs about these subjects alone. I was thinking about writing e-books too, but I'm still undecided on this yet. Ever since I started doing this I put my video game hobby aside while I'm watching over my 13 year old daughter, Kaci. This is what I've been doing ever since I took that pill.
Keep at it brother. :)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

My dad was telling me about one of his lawyer friends and how he felt bad for the guy. The friend's this really successful high earner type, but he doesn't have much of a social life (besides my dad I guess). He has a large fancy house in the suburbs and paid for his kids' colleges. His wife doesn't work. Well it turns out the kids resent him and don't speak to him but to ask for money. The wife even said she wanted him to get her an apartment in New York City so she wouldn't have to drive 30 minutes every day. Again, she doesn't work, so these New York trips are for shopping or clubbing. High chance of her having one night stands. She asked him to do this and said she'd come home on the weekends to be with him

So my dad tells me this guy's wife insisted he take their family on a trip to Mexico. The kids didn't want anything to do with the parents, so they each brought a friend along. The dad paid for everything, but he got tired of it after two days and pretended to be sick so he could fly home early.

This is the story my dad told me about his friend. It's pathetic. A real cautionary tale. If they divorce she gets half his assets. If I were him, I wouldn't have returned to America. I'd have "gotten lost" and just went off the grid in Mexico.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

There was no red pill as such. I knew that something was wrong. I've progressed since I was young. I tried to keep thinking as I was growing older. It wasn't a case of suddenly waking up - it was a journey I went on. From the outside I could be seen as swinging back and fourth, but in fact I was walking the path. It takes time. Hopefully we can help you young guys to get there quicker than us, at a younger age. It is a pity that no one seems to be reaching down to give us a hand.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

For me, it was going abroad for the first time that awakened me. I was in college, and I was feeling depressed, because I didn't have many friends, and I had zero dates. I thought that being a "nice guy," and doing everything my parents taught me would eventually land me a nice girl. Was I ever wrong! Everyone at my college was one of those drunken, frat boy types who really had no purpose for being there. They were just wasting their parents' money so that they could party and slack off, and eventually get their "necessary" college degrees (everyone majored in "management" at my school) so that they could go off and become a cog in the machine that is corporate America. The girls were absolute harpies, and enjoyed hooking up and riding the proverbial carousel every weekend. American girls at my school offered nothing in terms of character, conversation, or intellectual stimulation. Around my sophomore year, I was so depressed that I thought of suicide. I felt so out of place, like a fish out of water, and I seriously thought of ending it all if I could not transfer schools.

Around this time, two things made me sit up and take notice. Firstly, I took a survey of the friends that I did have in college, and I found that 90% of them were foreign students. My school had many foreigners studying there, from places like India, Pakistan, Japan, Romania, Peru, and Indonesia. The only two American friends there were other outcasts, nerdy guys who couldn't get dates. I thought to myself that maybe there is a difference between students in America and students abroad, and for the first time, I was filled with the thought that maybe people are not all the same everywhere. This was back in 2000-2001.

The second revelation came in 2002, during my junior year of college, when I went to Japan to study abroad for the first time. In a matter of weeks, I was dating 3 girls at once, I had a whole circle of male and female friends, and I was going out to places every weekend and having an overall awesome time. My mood changed dramatically, and for a time, I had regained faith in humanity. I knew that I had to get back there in the future. And I did just that. I spent 2003 and 2004 in Japan, and then 2006-2010 teaching English in China, where I met my wife. When I discovered Happier Abroad in 2008, I finally felt like I had a place to go to where I could confirm that my experience was not unique. A place where many other men thought and felt exactly the same as I did, and knew that there wasn't necessarily a problem with them, but there were problems with American culture and society.

My experiences abroad also helped me to view America and American culture through a different lens. If you have grown up in America and spent all of your childhood there, you can't help but buy in to the propaganda that the media saturates you with every day; that America is #1 and the best at everything. When you go abroad, you realize that everything the American media tells you is not true, and that, on the contrary, America is nowhere near the best for nearly anything at all. There ARE many countries out there where you can live a better, happier life, where people will treat you like a human being, and you don't have to have your guard up every second of every day, ready to fend off some verbal or physical assault from someone who doesn't like the color shirt you are wearing.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
clowny
Freshman Poster

Post by clowny »

abcdavid01 wrote:They'll never be awakened, which is why I'm more authoritarian. The lowest elements of society shouldn't hold power.
One of the fundamental problems with modern society is women in positions of authority. This includes female teachers, lawyers, police officers, politicians, judges, and basically any female in a government position. I think even single mothers belong in that category (although it's not always their fault that they're a single parent).