Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why do strip malls/offices feel gloomy/depressing/soulless?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:39 am

abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Now that they need a 4th assistant manager maybe you can get a job.

pandering already obsolescent shit to an ever lower common denominator... :roll:

I just find it interesting that an unemployed dropout who is being supported by his mommy and daddy would belittle a job.

I just find it pitiful that a sellout old man has to prove he still has any testosterone left by insulting young people.

David, David, David. Ah, to live the simple life, unfettered by responsibility, logic and personal accountability.

Hmmm, sellout. Is your attorney father a sellout? He makes his living (and yours) in this economy which you reject as beneath you. And yet you live in his house and are totally supported by him.

Hypocrisy much?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am

Jobs are overrated and as was pointed out before, it is just another form of welfare. There's a dependence on governments and corporations that was unheard of or simply did not exist decades ago. Now this culture is eating itself. Only after it has cannibalized everything else it could first of course.

Jobs are overrated. It's much better - freer - to work for yourself. Freelance, do "alternative work," or work on your own small, mobile business in the West. Having a job abroad is likely much better. No or little feminist policies, a "work to live" instead of a "live to work" culture, and other things that add up to much more than odds and ends after a while. That's why I've chosen this path. I don't have a problem with a job; I have a problem with a job in an insane, feminist, PC, liberal culture of madness.

At my last job, a bimbo pretended I had threatened her and shortly after that I expressed a non-liberal opinion and a sociopathic idiot manager decided to harass me. I left in the night and I will freely admit that I feared to some extent for my life and property.

Leave your job in America, particularly if you're in the shackles of superfluous, non-productive, feminisim-infested customer service jobs. It could save your life and as long as it doesn't ruin you first, there are so many ways to make a livelihood besides shackling yourself to the corporations, although DaddyGov will still get his cut no matter what. At least a corporation won't hunt you down because you leave it or try to leave it...yet.

Devil, for being at a place such as this you aren't very aware. Are you elderly? Grew up before it was this bad? Got to have the benefits of a culture and economy that weren't shot to hell? Good for you, but do not be deluded about what it is today.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Devil Dog wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

pandering already obsolescent shit to an ever lower common denominator... :roll:

I just find it interesting that an unemployed dropout who is being supported by his mommy and daddy would belittle a job.

I just find it pitiful that a sellout old man has to prove he still has any testosterone left by insulting young people.

David, David, David. Ah, to live the simple life, unfettered by responsibility, logic and personal accountability.

Hmmm, sellout. Is your attorney father a sellout? He makes his living (and yours) in this economy which you reject as beneath you. And yet you live in his house and are totally supported by him.

Hypocrisy much?

Of course not. But I'm done indulging you. Your daughter's a corporate whore, so it's plain to see. I don't even know why you're on this site when you're just an apologist for the very system it is meant to oppose. Surely then you are just a troll. Any defense I could give, no matter how accurate, would merely come off as petty. So go back to your guns and your cushy job and find another way of proving you're a real man because it's not working. Only women care about status.

Good analysis Ghost.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:01 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

Hypocrisy much?

Of course not. But I'm done indulging you. Your daughter's a corporate whore, so it's plain to see. I don't even know why you're on this site when you're just an apologist for the very system it is meant to oppose. Surely then you are just a troll. Any defense I could give, no matter how accurate, would merely come off as petty. So go back to your guns and your cushy job and find another way of proving you're a real man because it's not working. Only women care about status.

Good analysis Ghost.

Cool. Resort to name calling when you have no other answer, or if the real answer is embarrassing.

You seem to enjoy debating everything else, so why not this?

Let me ask a few questions. Because you don't tend to answer direct questions I will provide answers which are based upon things you have posted here on HA. Feel free to make any corrections.

David, are you employed? No.
Are you a student? No. I am a dropout.
How do you support yourself? I don't. I live at home with my mommy and daddy. They support me.
What does your father do? He is an attorney.
That seems like one of those "sellout" jobs, doesn't it? It is.
But you are being supported by your sellout father. Do you see any hypocrisy in that? No.
Do you consider yourself superior to people who work to support themselves. Yes.
Do you realize that your socioeconomic status is not your own, but is only that of your parents? Some people may say that I was born on second base. I prefer to think that I have hit a double.

You recently posted a scathing judgmental assessment of your parents' relationship. Have you shared that info with them? No.
Why not? My online persona is quite different from real life. And if I shared my opinions with them they might stop supporting me.
HA is great isn't it? Oh yeah. I can post pseudo intellectual crap plagiarized from Wikipedia and nobody calls bullshit on it. It wasn't that way in school.
What are your accomplishments in life? I graduated from high school and I am a free thinker.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Ghost wrote:Jobs are overrated and as was pointed out before, it is just another form of welfare...It's much better - freer - to work for yourself. Freelance, do "alternative work," or work on your own small, mobile business in the West...

Devil, for being at a place such as this you aren't very aware. Are you elderly? Grew up before it was this bad? Got to have the benefits of a culture and economy that weren't shot to hell? Good for you, but do not be deluded about what it is today.

I am quite aware. I have worked for myself for years. Sometimes I have had employees. Sometimes I have worked alone. I hate "jobs" and much prefer doing my own thing. What I do is capitalism in its purest form.

It has always been the same. Government and the economy have been corrupt for longer than anyone on this forum has been alive. The concept of "the good old days" is bullshit and it always has been. I make my own way. Sounds like you do the same.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Nice caricature Devil Dog.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:04 am

Wow Momopi. When was that ad from Sears Roebuck from? So in the past, you could build a mansion for over a $1,000? I heard that in 1920, one could build a house for $250. Is that true?

Doesn't that mean that real estate is basically a scam? I mean, the cost of materials to build a home isn't that much. Yet today houses run at least $100,000 in the cheapest areas to live. Doesn't that mean that the cost and value of a home has been artificially inflated, in order to turn people into debt slaves to the bank to pay their mortgages? Isn't this part of the scam of the international bankers? Why should a house cost $200,000 or more? That's insane and exorbitant.

Getting back to the topic of this thread:

I can't understand why many people in countries like the Philippines or China dream of coming to the USA, only to be surrounded by isolation, depressing suburban strip malls, fat grumpy people, bubbles around everyone, and high cost of living. It doesn't make sense. Do these Asians think that immigrating to America will bring wealth, riches, happiness, and open sociable people who want to befriend them and help them out? Do they think that higher incomes in the US lead to happy social connections? Sheesh. It's ridiculous that most foreigners don't know the truth about America. You'd think their media or someone in their social circle would have told them the truth long ago. It's stupid and doesn't make sense.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Cornfed » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:31 am

Devil Dog wrote: Do you consider yourself superior to people who work to support themselves. Yes.

This notion of "supporting yourself" in the context of a modern economy is bullshit. Stuff is produced essentially automatically by a centralized system and then shared out. Virtually no-one supports himself in any meaningful sense. As to living off your parents' income, their generation has ripped off subsequent generations in a big way, so there is no harm in taking some of the loot back.

I am quite aware. I have worked for myself for years. Sometimes I have had employees. Sometimes I have worked alone. I hate "jobs" and much prefer doing my own thing. What I do is capitalism in its purest form.

If true, why couldn't you have rescued your daughter from corporate whoredom by setting her and a suitable husband up with a useful, not-whoring business? Do you not like your daughter?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:27 am

Devil Dog wrote:I am quite aware. I have worked for myself for years. Sometimes I have had employees. Sometimes I have worked alone. I hate "jobs" and much prefer doing my own thing. What I do is capitalism in its purest form.

It has always been the same. Government and the economy have been corrupt for longer than anyone on this forum has been alive. The concept of "the good old days" is bullshit and it always has been. I make my own way. Sounds like you do the same.

Something isn't adding up. Nobody "makes their own way." Making your own way means producing your own food, water, clothes, household items, and even home by the the sweat of you brow and your knowledge. No one does that. You're posting like you want everyone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps even though the bootstraps have been cut. This is why I asked before if you are elderly: you speak as if you got to live in a culture and economy that wasn't shot to hell and post as if you don't see that the game has changed. This is especially odd since you are at Happier Abroad. The modern world loves this insane and comically false idea of independence but it doesn't hold up. The real world is interdependence. Always has been and always will be. This society has built up this strange and blatantly false - albeit well hidden - idea that people can be "independent" and "make their own way." You can, but it means being more like Henry David Thoreau and not at all like your run-of-the-mill feminists. Feminists especially love this idea and that's why I say something isn't adding up with what your post. If what others have posted in this thread about you is true, then I see why. You accuse David of avoiding your questions but you did the same thing.

If what you have done is up to muster and you've been self-employed successfully, then why not post about it here and teach the younger of us - you didn't answer my question about your age either - so that we can learn from you and perhaps emulate it, become successful, and have a good way to escape this system? That makes the most sense since this forum is about expatting and being happier abroad. All you've done in this thread is post sarcastic comments and dodge questions.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Winston wrote:Wow Momopi. When was that ad from Sears Roebuck from? So in the past, you could build a mansion for over a $1,000? I heard that in 1920, one could build a house for $250. Is that true?

Doesn't that mean that real estate is basically a scam? I mean, the cost of materials to build a home isn't that much. Yet today houses run at least $100,000 in the cheapest areas to live. Doesn't that mean that the cost and value of a home has been artificially inflated, in order to turn people into debt slaves to the bank to pay their mortgages? Isn't this part of the scam of the international bankers? Why should a house cost $200,000 or more? That's insane and exorbitant.

Getting back to the topic of this thread:

I can't understand why many people in countries like the Philippines or China dream of coming to the USA, only to be surrounded by isolation, depressing suburban strip malls, fat grumpy people, bubbles around everyone, and high cost of living. It doesn't make sense. Do these Asians think that immigrating to America will bring wealth, riches, happiness, and open sociable people who want to befriend them and help them out? Do they think that higher incomes in the US lead to happy social connections? Sheesh. It's ridiculous that most foreigners don't know the truth about America. You'd think their media or someone in their social circle would have told them the truth long ago. It's stupid and doesn't make sense.

Two words: inequality and inflation. Most people think it is commie to talk about inequality, but it is not. Because of tptb printing money, things become inflated, add to that the regulations like zoning which is a privilege of the rich in reality and which allows discrimination, and that where we are. Add in additional protections like IP and corp,s and look what we have.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:21 am

Ghost wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:I am quite aware. I have worked for myself for years. Sometimes I have had employees. Sometimes I have worked alone. I hate "jobs" and much prefer doing my own thing. What I do is capitalism in its purest form.

If what you have done is up to muster and you've been self-employed successfully, then why not post about it here and teach the younger of us - you didn't answer my question about your age either - so that we can learn from you and perhaps emulate it, become successful, and have a good way to escape this system? That makes the most sense since this forum is about expatting and being happier abroad. All you've done in this thread is post sarcastic comments and dodge questions.

I am older than most of you. I have kids who are in in college and one in medical school. Do the math on my age.

I work for myself, with no employees. I can afford to take 7 weeks off this summer and travel in Asia. I am resourceful enough to find niches in this economy which allow me to make an adequate income without working for someone else or having to do things which I don't enjoy. That is what you get to know about what I do for a living and my income level.

HA is not really about expatting or being happier abroad. It is mostly about victimhood and criticism of the Anglo world. Most HA members have low incomes and are not successful with women in their home countries. So in the world of HA the problem could not be that they don't understand women or that they don't understand money. No. The problem is that women are wrong and the economy is wrong. Little HA guy drops out of college but that is not his failure. It is the failure of the corrupt educational system and the corrupt economic system.

Look at the titles of the latest 100 topics. How many are about expatting and being happier abroad? How many are about criticism of AW, western culture, racism, lack of economic opportunity, etc.?

There are plenty of things I don't like about the US government and the US economy. So what? What good does it do to vomit that dogma all over every thread here? None.

My philosophy of how to live my life is about 180 degrees out of phase with the typical HA poster. If I don't have enough money then I need to learn more about making money. If I can't get women then I need to learn more about dealing with women. If I need to be stronger then I need to work on diet and exercise. It's all on me. I am not a victim.

As far as posting about what I do so some could emulate, that's not going to happen. I will not waste my time trying to help people when the only result will be these little HA monkeys flinging shit all over it. And honestly, I don't present myself as any supremely intelligent or able businessman. I have tried a lot of things. Some worked, some worked well, others went down in flames. But I always keep trying.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:33 am

It would only be failure if I wasn't getting straight A's, moron.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:04 am

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby aozora13 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 am

It is a little difficult to get out of one's comfort zone. I believe though that Devil Dog is correct. This website is about expating and should be about motivating men to leave their country and go to the country of your choice.

It is a big decision to leave your country. However, it is better to take a calculated risk and try to live and do your best in the country of your choice than to bicker about issues in the US, UK, OZ, CA. There should be more ideas about starting a small business in X - country or to possibly find work through different programs for skilled workers in some countries.

Obviously, it is not easy but I think the website would be better if there is more of a incentive to help each other try to expat than to only complain about being in the US.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:46 am

Your point is noted Eurobrat. But I'll put forth this interpretation: Attempting to live vicariously is ultimately unfulfilling. Western countries are wealthy, so it is very easy to find temporary relief in materialistic pleasures. Books, online games, ipods, etc. Almost like Don Quixote. Yet these only work for a short time and distract from efforts to achieve true happiness, which in a sane society is relatively easy to obtain. Reading forum posts and anti-feminist articles may seem like complaining, but they also pull the Westerner (keyboard warrior) away from their temporary fantasies. They remind him of the problems of his situation and spark passions to seek a more productive long-term pleasure.

Ultimately to find what this site is about, ask Winston. I assumed it was equally created to wake men up about how bad Western women are due to feminism. That's why there are pages like these:

How Feminism Destroys Femininity

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page59a.htm

Comparison of America and Abroad

http://www.happierabroad.com/comparison.htm

So I think it is an equally valid subject for these forums.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions