Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why do strip malls/offices feel gloomy/depressing/soulless?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Cornfed » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 am

eurobrat wrote:Unfortunately I am seeing more and more of this with the younger generation now being dubbed the "know it all generation because I grew up with the internet". I know it all because I read it online.

They would rather live vicariously through other peoples experiences than have their own experiences. When they read about other peoples travels they think it's them traveling. Too many video games, television and internet "fictional" reading has turned them into lazy bastards. Everything is beneath them.

Now they don't want jobs, to own homes or experience anything for themselves. I will admit it's pretty rough out there in the job market right now but it's not impossible to build and save.

I think the most they want to be in this world is keyboard warriors.

I'm in my late 30s. I've lived in several different countries. I support the younger generation you speak of. If you want to start a thread on this and debate this, lets get it on.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 am

Looking forward to your blog Cornfed.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:02 pm

I understand and I have had to use these also to escape. But at the same time I have always been willing to work hard, make a lot of money and travel. At your age (I'm guessing you're 20 or 21) I had already traveled around 8 different European countries, it's not that hard nor does it cost a lot of money.

Let me ask you do you even have a list of countries picked out where you feel you would be happy? Or maybe even a different part of the USA as you said you liked your visit to California.

I've been in four countries and about half the United States.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Looking to become a permanent expat, I'd only focus on warm climates. That throws out most of Europe except the Mediterranean. Being Asian, South East Asia is a possibility, but I've never been. Latin America is a possibility, but I've only been to Mexico.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:51 am

Not much, that's fair. I know full well I could leave now. I just want to put effort into online business now since I'm still somewhat in the starting phase. If it works out, great, all the more reason to leave. If not, I'll accept that after a time and I'll use my remaining assets to leave as well. So I'm just wanting to put the effort in first and if it succeeds or fails I'll leave either way...just kind of want to see the outcome before leaving though.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Devil Dog » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 pm

eurobrat wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Not much, that's fair. I know full well I could leave now. I just want to put effort into online business now since I'm still somewhat in the starting phase. If it works out, great, all the more reason to leave. If not, I'll accept that after a time and I'll use my remaining assets to leave as well. So I'm just wanting to put the effort in first and if it succeeds or fails I'll leave either way...just kind of want to see the outcome before leaving though.

I would just get going, you're waiting time and missing out on the best years of your life man. There's always time to come back and work. The USA isn't going anywhere.

David doesn't work. Any kind of work which he is qualified to do is far beneath a man of his stature. His father is a sellout attorney. David is critical of his parents but he accepts the crumbs at their table.

He has a rich inner life. He thinks about the relative merits of different forms of government. He thinks about expatting. He thinks about designing robots to work in mines. He thinks about what mommy is cooking for dinner tonight.

He is still somewhat in the starting phase of generating online income. That is the same phase he was in a few months ago. He hasn't done anything yet, but he is thinking about it.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks for the encouragement eurobrat.

Only the truth wounds Devil Dog.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:06 pm

eurobrat wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Not much, that's fair. I know full well I could leave now. I just want to put effort into online business now since I'm still somewhat in the starting phase. If it works out, great, all the more reason to leave. If not, I'll accept that after a time and I'll use my remaining assets to leave as well. So I'm just wanting to put the effort in first and if it succeeds or fails I'll leave either way...just kind of want to see the outcome before leaving though.

I would just get going, you're waiting time and missing out on the best years of your life man. There's always time to come back and work. The USA isn't going anywhere.

David doesn't work. Any kind of work which he is qualified to do is far beneath a man of his stature. His father is a sellout attorney. David is critical of his parents but he accepts the crumbs at their table.

He has a rich inner life. He thinks about the relative merits of different forms of government. He thinks about expatting. He thinks about designing robots to work in mines. He thinks about what mommy is cooking for dinner tonight.

He is still somewhat in the starting phase of generating online income. That is the same phase he was in a few months ago. He hasn't done anything yet, but he is thinking about it.

I am a little shocked at the level of entitlement in today's youth here in America. It's a little dissapointing when comparing them to other countries youth these days.

Being intelligent these days doesn't cut it.

A big part of the problem. What cut it in the past doesn't cut it anymore. Guys like the Devil's Dog are stuck in the past and operate like nothing has changed. Qualities like intelligence and morals are often liabilities in this society. Success with women often means being human scum. Success in the workplace often means being a sociopath. The goalposts keep moving, and the demands keep getting more and more absurd. So more and more young men drop out. The smarter of them seeking escape and a form of asylum abroad; many more just going their own ways at home and dropping out of the rigged game. And then older guys like Devil come out of the woodwork and try to shame young men into risking their asses so that someone will keep paying into the corrupt system. And this is ironic as well - accusing the young men of feeling entitleed when guys like him feel entitled to keep benefiting off the backs of the youth. It's a bad deal and they see that shit a mile away.

Guys like Devil can kick and scream and act like spoiled kids all they want, but we know better. Acting like an idiot does not, in fact, get you your way.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions