Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:17 pm

It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

* Is it considered weird to befriend a stranger? How would I go about it?

* Who wants to date a girl who goes on facebook often enough to see your request anyway?

* How would I know that they're local?

* How would I be able to do a search for a particular nationality?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm







Postby zacb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm

I would funnel them there. Try other sites that are easier to flirt on.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:33 am
Location: Michigan

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 pm

zacb wrote:I would funnel them there. Try other sites that are easier to flirt on.


I don't understand. What do you mean funnel them? By the way I'm talking about seeking foreign women locally. Not in their own country.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Postby Teal Lantern » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

* Is it considered weird to befriend a stranger? How would I go about it?

* Who wants to date a girl who goes on facebook often enough to see your request anyway?

* How would I know that they're local?

* How would I be able to do a search for a particular nationality?


Back when I was on the hunt, on another social network, I decided to do exactly that.
Call it testing the waters, research, seeing if I still had "it", whatever.
Anyway, short version: sent out requests to all sorts of people, varying degrees of looks, in far flung places.
Results: Biggest surprise -- the "pretty" ones are/were often more receptive than the "meh" ones.
Same goes for those who you may think are "too young" or "too famous".

Not chasing anymore, but still talk to some of them -- and am more confident for the experience.

At least a time or two in your life, you need to experience that odd feel of a mediocre looking girl turning down your friend request and then a hot one (or three) accepting and sending you a nice intro note, too. :)
Be warned, you won't be able to unlearn what you find out.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Postby Johnny1975 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:It just occurred to me. I could try sending friend requests on facebook to local foreign women. But a few things come to mind :

* Is it considered weird to befriend a stranger? How would I go about it?

* Who wants to date a girl who goes on facebook often enough to see your request anyway?

* How would I know that they're local?

* How would I be able to do a search for a particular nationality?


Back when I was on the hunt, on another social network, I decided to do exactly that.
Call it testing the waters, research, seeing if I still had "it", whatever.
Anyway, short version: sent out requests to all sorts of people, varying degrees of looks, in far flung places.
Results: Biggest surprise -- the "pretty" ones are/were often more receptive than the "meh" ones.
Same goes for those who you may think are "too young" or "too famous".

Not chasing anymore, but still talk to some of them -- and am more confident for the experience.

At least a time or two in your life, you need to experience that odd feel of a mediocre looking girl turning down your friend request and then a hot one (or three) accepting and sending you a nice intro note, too. :)
Be warned, you won't be able to unlearn what you find out.


Well that's interesting. How did you go about it? Did you just send them friend requests and wait? Or was there more to the process? Also, I'm a bit concerned at the idea that a girl would spend so much time on facebook as to even see ones request. Apart from the novelty factor of having the better looking girls respond, do you think it's worth doing this for dating?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1326
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Meeting foreign women on Facebook

Postby Teal Lantern » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:Well that's interesting. How did you go about it? Did you just send them friend requests and wait? Or was there more to the process? Also, I'm a bit concerned at the idea that a girl would spend so much time on facebook as to even see ones request. Apart from the novelty factor of having the better looking girls respond, do you think it's worth doing this for dating?


Started out with onesie and twosie requests, but worked my way up to days where I'd send out a half-dozen requests or more.
Nothing but my pic and a hello.

Usually, but not always, would make a mention of something in their profile (for regular girls). One girl thought I was teasing her at first and didn't respond. Later, after a more low key approach, we became good friends.
Lesson: The "neg" is not so hot among foreign E.S.L. girls, or at least not that one. :)

Can't really meet a girl on a site and then be upset about her being on the site, though. :wink:

If British culture is like U.S. culture, people are averse to being approached on the street by strangers (unless your looks make them "tingle". :P).
That leaves singles' activities (dancing lessons, playing in a band, group sports, trolling the parks & libraries, crashing weddings :lol:, etc) or intros by mutual friends (a no-go, if you like foreign girls, unless you have lots of foreign friends).

Worth it for dating? For the cost, I thought it was a good place to start and learn about the people and places I was considering.
Of course, for dating (which means diff things to diff people), the real action and connection have to happen in person.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2686
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests