Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Postby lovelybunny » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 pm

I hear many people say this is happening. How true is it? Some people mention the Patriot Act as an example. Is that true?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 pm

Bill Maher: "This country is becoming a police state, it is very troubling to me"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOUdeJqpt8s[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah. Boston, Cispa, Patriot Act, Rico, police militarization, Fema "surprises", among other thing.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm

zacb wrote:Yeah. Boston, Cispa, Patriot Act, Rico, police militarization, Fema "surprises", among other thing.

Don't forget the NDAA.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » Wed May 01, 2013 12:04 am

How could I forget the NDAA! :D
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Wed May 01, 2013 2:29 am

Yes and no. The police in the US are strict and anal about enforcing traffic laws. But they've always been. It's nothing new. They were in the 80's too. The government is getting more intrusive, but most of that is just on paper to scare you (as it is with most laws).

In reality, the government or police do not have the manpower to police everyone, and usually, if you don't break any laws, the government/police will leave you alone. They've never harassed me or bothered me.

Some of the conspiracy crowd, such as those who listen to Alex Jones, are exaggerating and making a big fuss out of nothing. There are always doomsayers who exaggerate how terrible everything is. It's nothing new.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby lovelybunny » Wed May 01, 2013 3:13 am

zacb wrote:How could I forget the NDAA! :D

What's that?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Postby Anti-American » Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 am

lovelybunny wrote:

What's that?

National Defense Authorization Act.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Postby lovelybunny » Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 am

Anti-American wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:

WHat's that?

How does it exactly make us more totalitarian? Or like a police state?
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 am

There's no such thing as a police state, because the police and military do not have the manpower to police the masses or to even occupy this country. All they do is scare you and terrorize you with new laws, and fearmonger you through your TV set. They love to control you, but they can't directly control you, so they have to control your mind through fear and through the media too. It's all fearmongering and scare tactics. In reality though, as long as you don't break any laws in front of any policeman, or steal anything, the government/police will not bother you and could not care less about you.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Anti-American » Wed May 01, 2013 4:56 am

lovelybunny wrote:
Anti-American wrote:
lovelybunny wrote:

WHat's that?

How does it exactly make us more totalitarian? Or like a police state?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_D ... zation_Act
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Re: Is America becoming a police state? If so, how?

Postby Cornfed » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 am

lovelybunny wrote:I hear many people say this is happening. How true is it? Some people mention the Patriot Act as an example. Is that true?

If you actually are female, there really is no value in worrying your pretty little head about such matters. You are just along for the ride anyway.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Winston wrote:Yes and no. The police in the US are strict and anal about enforcing traffic laws. But they've always been. It's nothing new. They were in the 80's too. The government is getting more intrusive, but most of that is just on paper to scare you (as it is with most laws).

In reality, the government or police do not have the manpower to police everyone, and usually, if you don't break any laws, the government/police will leave you alone. They've never harassed me or bothered me.

Some of the conspiracy crowd, such as those who listen to Alex Jones, are exaggerating and making a big fuss out of nothing. There are always doomsayers who exaggerate how terrible everything is. It's nothing new.

Yeah, if it hasn't happened to Winston, it hasn't happened to anyone. :roll:

No matter how many videos are available showing cop misconduct.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSI8djHZHVo[/youtube]

Check out what goes on in Michigan and states with similar forfeiture laws. :twisted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ohy08umEgM[/youtube]
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby momopi » Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Police States exist in places where the government is trying to keep the people "in". The East German Stasi, for example, had an estimated 1 informant per 6.5 people. Every apartment building had at least 1 informant who kept track of the residents and visitors. The informants were rarely forced, most jumped at the opportunity to play James Bond and feel self-important. "I'm a secret agent!".

For wealthy first world nations, it's far more cost-effective to simply replace the nonproductive dissidents with immigrants and foreign labor. You don't want to get a job and pay your taxes? Fine, we'll just bump up the quota on H-1B VISA's. Don't like it? Leave, you're replaceable and we don't really care about you. And actually, it's bad business to rely on difficult to replace staff, because if they quit, you're screwed.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby C.J. » Wed May 01, 2013 5:36 pm

IF western businesses actually treated people fairly, most of their employees wouldn't wanna quit. :)

Actually, I haven't had too much trouble with the police, if you're a law-abiding citizen and pay attention to their new emerging laws, they WILL leave you alone. However, you have to pay attention to more and more stuff everyday.

Funn thing is, police can officially search your home and take your stuff without a warrant. Go ahead and read the full disclosure of all the acts and stuff Obama and Bush passed behind the backs of the people. They will scare you. :)
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions