Need info about One-way flight tickets

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Need info about One-way flight tickets

Post by Renata »

For all those that fly frequently especially in transit, .... I need to get someone to Turkey from the Caribbean.

Do you think it will be possible if I buy a one-way ticket from the Caribbean to the UK, then a return ticket to Turkey ?? They will only be in transit at the London airport for a few hours. No visas required. Will they get problems with immigration in London ??
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Re: Need info about One-way flight tickets

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Renata wrote:For all those that fly frequently especially in transit, .... I need to get someone to Turkey from the Caribbean.

Do you think it will be possible if I buy a one-way ticket from the Caribbean to the UK, then a return ticket to Turkey ?? They will only be in transit at the London airport for a few hours. No visas required. Will they get problems with immigration in London ??
It's possible but you might end up paying as much, or nearly as much, for a one way as a RT. The lower end airlines or budget airlines tend to give the best deals on one-way tickets.

As far as London, if they're in transit there shouldn't be any problem with immigration. They may need to show their ticket to Turkey though. They'll just sit in a waiting area and will be prohibited from exiting.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Are you a citizen of the country of your destination? If you arent a citizen then there will be a problem at the destination with a one way ticket. But you dont need a visa there, right?

But I think in London, as long as you have proof of "on going travel" then you should be OK.

You should probably just call the airline and ask them. Or even call up the British customs using a number from their website. I did that for Canada once to see if I needed proof of car insurance to drive through.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Thanks anamericaninbangkok ... ticket prices are really high right now so I'm trying to cut corners lol

Adama I will contact the embassy & see what they say... but I kind of lost confindence in calling embassies after an incident I had in Venezuela with immigration. The Vene embassy told my friend he didn't need a visa to visit. So we left from Trinidad by ship for Venezuela. He didn't get cleared & had to return to Trinidad & come by flight. Apparently some nationalities can't come in by sea without a visa but can come in by flight without one.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Depends where that "someone"'s passport is issued from.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Renata wrote:Thanks anamericaninbangkok ... ticket prices are really high right now so I'm trying to cut corners lol

Adama I will contact the embassy & see what they say... but I kind of lost confindence in calling embassies after an incident I had in Venezuela with immigration. The Vene embassy told my friend he didn't need a visa to visit. So we left from Trinidad by ship for Venezuela. He didn't get cleared & had to return to Trinidad & come by flight. Apparently some nationalities can't come in by sea without a visa but can come in by flight without one.
Not the embassy. The customs dept. Their number should be on a website somewhere.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.