Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Postby Billy » Fri May 17, 2013 11:48 am

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/inde ... 16167.html

i think this interesting. so what do our globetrotters think about it?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Re: Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Postby jamesbond » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Billy wrote:http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/index.php/t16167.html

i think this interesting. so what do our globetrotters think about it?

Billy, don't you live in Germany? If so, maybe you can tell us why germans stare at strangers when they are out in public places (like bookstores, grocery stores and shopping malls).

I read numerous articles on the fact that germans stare at people when they are out in public. It's not meant to be impolite or disrespectful, they just have a habit of starring a little bit too long at people for some reason.

I will find this out first hand when I visit Berlin. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Billy » Fri May 17, 2013 2:06 pm

hah good your gointo berlin :)

i am know in turkey for almost a year now. shure i have also my theories about this. but i am going to read more about my link maybe after this i am going to post somthing about it.

ok i think the reason is germans are control freaks so their priority is to understand things and people.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

If I were stationed at my former firm's London office, I would have made a ton of trips to Germany for F.KK clubs :wink:

But no, it was a very brief visit to someone I knew at Cologne.

As for London, no stares, just like any American city in that regard.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Billy wrote:hah good your gointo berlin :)

i am know in turkey for almost a year now. shure i have also my theories about this. but i am going to read more about my link maybe after this i am going to post somthing about it.

ok i think the reason is germans are control freaks so their priority is to understand things and people.

You beat me to it. Control freaks in nature.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Europeans and Asians have a nasty propensity to stare, for some reason...and I don't like it. It's just that in those cultures--staring is not considered overly rude and, so, they do it all the time. (which can get uncomfortable if your not used to that kind of thing...)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby kai1275 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

zboy1 wrote:Europeans and Asians have a nasty propensity to stare, for some reason...and I don't like it. It's just that in those cultures--staring is not considered overly rude and, so, they do it all the time. (which can get uncomfortable if your not used to that kind of thing...)

Asians do it because they are(childish/immature curiosity), or they serious want to know WTF are you doing all the way out here?! LOL Many Chinese I met in china, never saw a non-Chinese person before in their entire lives, let alone a black american even on TV besides Obama. Especially out in the rural farm areas. If it wasnt for Obama, I bet more Chinese would not have believed I was an American, but an African instead.

Germans are just nosy like that. They are getting a reading and an assessment of what you are to them and your overall worth to anything. It's not personal it's just business. It's funny to hear UK people complain about rude Germans staring at them too. Then they stare right back at them or say ugly things. Hearing Europeans fuss about each other is hilarious.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Moretorque » Fri May 17, 2013 6:26 pm

We are sizing you up for our latest Soylent Green menu.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Renata » Fri May 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Maybe they're having a national geographic moment lol
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby odbo » Sat May 18, 2013 5:29 am

Maybe they're still traumatized by the war :cry:

odbo