Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Post by Billy »

http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/inde ... 16167.html

i think this interesting. so what do our globetrotters think about it?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Staring Germans, why do they do it so?

Post by jamesbond »

Billy wrote:http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/inde ... 16167.html

i think this interesting. so what do our globetrotters think about it?
Billy, don't you live in Germany? If so, maybe you can tell us why germans stare at strangers when they are out in public places (like bookstores, grocery stores and shopping malls).

I read numerous articles on the fact that germans stare at people when they are out in public. It's not meant to be impolite or disrespectful, they just have a habit of starring a little bit too long at people for some reason.

I will find this out first hand when I visit Berlin. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

hah good your gointo berlin :)

i am know in turkey for almost a year now. shure i have also my theories about this. but i am going to read more about my link maybe after this i am going to post somthing about it.

ok i think the reason is germans are control freaks so their priority is to understand things and people.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

If I were stationed at my former firm's London office, I would have made a ton of trips to Germany for F.KK clubs :wink:

But no, it was a very brief visit to someone I knew at Cologne.

As for London, no stares, just like any American city in that regard.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Billy wrote:hah good your gointo berlin :)

i am know in turkey for almost a year now. shure i have also my theories about this. but i am going to read more about my link maybe after this i am going to post somthing about it.

ok i think the reason is germans are control freaks so their priority is to understand things and people.
You beat me to it. Control freaks in nature.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Europeans and Asians have a nasty propensity to stare, for some reason...and I don't like it. It's just that in those cultures--staring is not considered overly rude and, so, they do it all the time. (which can get uncomfortable if your not used to that kind of thing...)
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:Europeans and Asians have a nasty propensity to stare, for some reason...and I don't like it. It's just that in those cultures--staring is not considered overly rude and, so, they do it all the time. (which can get uncomfortable if your not used to that kind of thing...)
Asians do it because they are(childish/immature curiosity), or they serious want to know WTF are you doing all the way out here?! LOL Many Chinese I met in china, never saw a non-Chinese person before in their entire lives, let alone a black american even on TV besides Obama. Especially out in the rural farm areas. If it wasnt for Obama, I bet more Chinese would not have believed I was an American, but an African instead.

Germans are just nosy like that. They are getting a reading and an assessment of what you are to them and your overall worth to anything. It's not personal it's just business. It's funny to hear UK people complain about rude Germans staring at them too. Then they stare right back at them or say ugly things. Hearing Europeans fuss about each other is hilarious.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

We are sizing you up for our latest Soylent Green menu.
Time to Hide!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Maybe they're having a national geographic moment lol
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Maybe they're still traumatized by the war :cry: