Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Are women in foreign countries attracted to ugly men?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Anti-American » Sat May 25, 2013 7:21 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Return of Kings gets it again: http://www.returnofkings.com/11433/girl ... t-be-happy


More PUA bullshit.
Anti-American
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:44 am







Postby anamericaninbangkok » Sat May 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Any man who is manly is "ugly" according to this society. Markers of low testosterone in a man's face are considered cute and attractive to women in America.

Each of us is obligated to present ourselves in the best way possible. Lose the extra weight, shave or otherwise groom your face, get a presentable haircut, and wear flattering clothing that befits a man worth taking seriously.

If you do these things, females will notice you abroad even if you are "ugly" to American women.


Quality women prefer men who care enough about themselves to be presentable.

You're as ugly as you say you are. Do what you can to make yourself more attractive and then let it be. It does help to smile. Feel how you want to feel at the moment but some women (or people in general) simply do not want to deal with someone brooding or who looks intimidating.

As far the as Return of Kings article:

Why let how a woman treats you affect your mood and attitude. Do you really need to care so much about how she feels about you or acts towards you that it changes you?

If they do not like you, or they're a bitch, NEXT. Why let some woman, especially a woman you do not know, affect you so deeply?

Also, it is definitely a numbers game.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Postby skeptic » Sun May 26, 2013 2:54 am

Ghost wrote:Worst case scenario is you settle down with a woman who accepts what you look like even if she doesn't find you attractive. Or lifelong p4p which will at least be something and better than suffering a complete poverty of love and sex in the West.


The question is how can you be so sure that your worst-case scenario in a foreign would be the way you've describe it rather than continuous loneliness. Why in the world would a foreign woman choose you among other guys - both locals and other expats?

Adama wrote:I think ugly is more a matter of giving up on yourself, rather than women giving up on you. That is, you figure it is pointless to even try. So you sideline yourself. Then you dont get anyone. That is the worst part about considering yourself to be ugly.


This might be true. The problem is that, once your negative experience in America has made me feel negative about myself, how can I get over it and feel good about myself elsewhere? In other words, all talks about American feminist conspiracy have not been proven by numbers. Until the majority (or, at very least, any significant percentage) of American men experience the same problem and follow your suit, how can I be so sure to blame it all on American women and feel as good about myself as any successful men would? By the way, do you have any such statistics? Anyhow, the vast majority of men in America do not experience this problem; or, even if they do at some point in their life, they somehow overcome it and find someone locally. How would that be possible if American women were the way you describe them?

Jester wrote:In Peru, Caribbean, Africa, or SE Asia - the answer is NO DOUBT.

Maybe quite a few other places too, but that depends on how your appearance, confidence, age fits their mental image. I.e. Japan will be on the menu, if you're young and not fat, even if you're shy.


Figuratively, that is. In other worlds, it can happen only as long as the guy is lucky enough to find a country where his appearance will be considerd attractive. Otherwise, he can move from country to country but this won't actually change the way he looks.

Jester wrote:Plain girls, yes. A man has value. BIG value to a good girl in a poor country. If you don't mind a cute girl with crooked teeth or a sexy girl with a wide nose, you can pick up a sweet angel who will make your life heaven -- regardless of how you look.


Why in the world would that girl choose an unattractive American instead of a more attractive man from her own culture? Unless he's importing her back to the U.S., why would she want him and not a more suitable guy?

marklambo wrote:The reason is because of the damage that Western women have caused to the minds of Western men. They make the average, and even the good looking guy to feel inadequate. The guy's self confidence and ego becomes shattered over extended times of abuse and rejection. Western women are just simply walking diseases that you should avoid.


I understand that this belief is part of HappierAbroad's official line of thinking and perhaps should not be questioned. But still, I'm not sure how American women benefit from making men feel inadequate about themselves. How is it good for these women? Unless I get an answer to this question, the whole notion seems just too far-fetched.

Dudevondudenstein wrote:I have found that where I live in the USA the girls that are Latina, Asian, etc. have tons of guys asking them out because it is "exotic" and different here. While when most Americans travel abroad they become the one who is exotic. Everyone has their own taste and preferences.


I don't think it's univerasl. Personally, I don't find women of Asian race attractive (with some individual exceptions, of course), although this is a matter of personal preference. Also, if anything exotic is considered attractive, how come Winston is complaining that Asian males are the least attractive type in America?

More importantly, however, especially when it comes to long-term relatonships, people are usually looking for similar background. They want to talk to their love one in their own language and share their own cultural experience together.

abcavid01 wrote:My dad says guys are uglier anyway, so it doesn't matter as much. You know, guys have to look authoritative. I think I'm pretty good looking though. I get girls checking me out. Tsar, I've seen his picture and he's about as good looking as I am.


If 'authoritative' is what females are normally attractive to, then it's the same as "good-looking". So, the question remains the same. Do you expect in other countries it's not important to a man to look authoritative? Or do you think foreign girls are willing to compromise on that?
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
skeptic
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 am
Location: NYC

Postby Ghost » Sun May 26, 2013 4:43 am

skeptic wrote:The question is how can you be so sure that your worst-case scenario in a foreign would be the way you've describe it rather than continuous loneliness. Why in the world would a foreign woman choose you among other guys - both locals and other expats?


If you have p4p, that takes care of the sex. And if you go to a poorer country - and maybe even a 'second-world' country - you will likely be able to find a mate. One thing I forgot to mention before would be the lack of insane feminist policies - no worries about walking down the street, talking to a woman, and being falsely accused of something. Most people are average by definition. So girls outside of feminist countries cannot be picky in men. They may want Brad Pitt's looks with Bill Gates' bank account, but that doesn't mean they can get it. Most men are not top-tier in looks either, so most women can't get really attractive men. I see no plausible scenario where it could worse for love and sex than in the West.

The answers to your questions are ubiquitous here. You're a fake skeptic or a troll.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby marklambo » Sun May 26, 2013 5:31 am

skeptic wrote:
marklambo wrote:The reason is because of the damage that Western women have caused to the minds of Western men. They make the average, and even the good looking guy to feel inadequate. The guy's self confidence and ego becomes shattered over extended times of abuse and rejection. Western women are just simply walking diseases that you should avoid.


I understand that this belief is part of HappierAbroad's official line of thinking and perhaps should not be questioned. But still, I'm not sure how American women benefit from making men feel inadequate about themselves. How is it good for these women? Unless I get an answer to this question, the whole notion seems just too far-fetched.


I never said anything about them benefiting from this or that it's good for them. I'm not sure where you got that assumption from based on my post. They just do it because they can, due to having so many options available to them. Feminism also contributes a big role in it by creating this false illusion that women's vaginas are so sacred. By empowering women and giving them so much control, they start to take many things for granted.

Look at the general American public for example. Because of new technology and new times, Americans "expect" certain things and if these little things don't exist, they throw a fit. Go ask an average American what they would feel about owning a car with roll up windows or a manual transmission. Ask an average American if they would buy a brand new tv without HD and without a remote, or better yet, a black and white tv. The same concept applies to western women because now they have developed new "standards" for men they want. They're just spoiled brats so when it comes to men, they naturally become evil bitches because the truth is, unfortunately they can, at least on the western side. This has nothing to do with Happier Abroad's belief in the line of thinking, it's simply reality. Just look around you, it's very clear.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby The Professor » Sun May 26, 2013 5:53 am

To answer OP's question, NO, foreign women are not attracted to ugly men, local or foreign. Even ugly and fat foreign women are not attracted to ugly men. The only reason a a woman, foreign or western, would date an ugly man is for money, and she will probably be cheating on him.
The Professor
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Sun May 26, 2013 8:14 am

Foreign women provide options. Not all American women are terrible hags and not all foreign women are the sweet, lovable princesses some might like to think. But just like a restaurant with more than one main course, there are options. IMO this irritates some western women because it demonstrates they don't have the control over men they think they have and this causes them to be more self-conscious.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 6:23 am
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Postby clowny » Sun May 26, 2013 9:28 am

marklambo wrote:
skeptic wrote:
marklambo wrote:The reason is because of the damage that Western women have caused to the minds of Western men. They make the average, and even the good looking guy to feel inadequate. The guy's self confidence and ego becomes shattered over extended times of abuse and rejection. Western women are just simply walking diseases that you should avoid.


I understand that this belief is part of HappierAbroad's official line of thinking and perhaps should not be questioned. But still, I'm not sure how American women benefit from making men feel inadequate about themselves. How is it good for these women? Unless I get an answer to this question, the whole notion seems just too far-fetched.


I never said anything about them benefiting from this or that it's good for them. I'm not sure where you got that assumption from based on my post. They just do it because they can, due to having so many options available to them. Feminism also contributes a big role in it by creating this false illusion that women's v****as are so sacred. By empowering women and giving them so much control, they start to take many things for granted.

Look at the general American public for example. Because of new technology and new times, Americans "expect" certain things and if these little things don't exist, they throw a fit. Go ask an average American what they would feel about owning a car with roll up windows or a manual transmission. Ask an average American if they would buy a brand new tv without HD and without a remote, or better yet, a black and white tv. The same concept applies to western women because now they have developed new "standards" for men they want. They're just spoiled brats so when it comes to men, they naturally become evil bitches because the truth is, unfortunately they can, at least on the western side. This has nothing to do with Happier Abroad's belief in the line of thinking, it's simply reality. Just look around you, it's very clear.


Magnificent post. That was an interesting analogy.. I hadn't thought of it like that before.
clowny
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 am

Postby skeptic » Sun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Ghost wrote:The answers to your questions are ubiquitous here. You're a fake skeptic or a troll.


What kind of free-thinker are you if anyone who challenes your dogma is a troll...

marklambo wrote: They just do it because they can, due to having so many options available to them.


Where are those options coming from? Are there more good-looking man in America than elsewhere? Are foreign handsome men flocking to American women? I'm not sure how this works. Feminism can only brainwash women so far. As they approach a certain age without finding a mate, they have no choice but to face a tough decision. So, unless there is indeed an abundance of good-looking men around, there is no objective reason for women to behave this way. Or, another reason may be that feminism has brainwashed them into not wanting to have to do anything with men altogether. But how does that conform to women's biology?

marklambo wrote:Look at the general American public for example. Because of new technology and new times, Americans "expect" certain things and if these little things don't exist, they throw a fit. Go ask an average American what they would feel about owning a car with roll up windows or a manual transmission. Ask an average American if they would buy a brand new tv without HD and without a remote, or better yet, a black and white tv. The same concept applies to western women because now they have developed new "standards" for men they want. They're just spoiled brats so when it comes to men, they naturally become evil bitches because the truth is, unfortunately they can, at least on the western side


The supply of cars, TVs, or anything else, to American market is determined by demand, although sometimes the manufacturers manage to make their supply determine the demand (which is probably the case with automatic-transmission cars or modern TV sets). Unlike these items, men aren't born based on women's demand.

As for bank accounts, perhaps there are more relatively well-to-go men in America than in other countries. But even that is far from certain. After all, the world's wealthiest individuals presently are not American. But ok, it's probably true that overall financial condition of the average man is better in America than elsewhere.
But looks-wise, I don't see any basis to believe that there are more Brad Pitts in America than elsewhere.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
skeptic
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 am
Location: NYC

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:49 pm

I second skeptic being a troll.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am
Location: On the run

Postby skeptic » Sun May 26, 2013 4:32 pm

abcdavid01 is another "free thinker" who is too afraid of logical challenges to his dogma. But let me ask you this: do you have a counter argument? If you actually go to a foreign country and get happily married there, that would be a proof of your point. But I suspect you're too afraid to take such a risk.
Last edited by skeptic on Sun May 26, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
skeptic
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 am
Location: NYC

Postby Maverick » Sun May 26, 2013 5:41 pm

skeptic wrote:abcdavid01 is another "free thinker" who is too afraid of logical, challenges to his dogma. But let me ask you this: do you have a counter argument? If you actually go to a foreign country and get happily married there, that would be a proof of your point. But I suspect you're too afraid to take such a risk.


I don't believe that you're a troll. I do believe your points are valid based on your experiences.

But I've seen ugly, short, fat men get a lot of women in America too. It's not the norm, but I can think of a couple of anecdotal examples in my own personal life where I've seen this happen. So if it can happen in America, it certainly can happen in foreign countries.

Just keep your head up, have fun, and stay positive (of course, be cautious as well).
Maverick
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 pm

Postby skeptic » Sun May 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Maverick wrote:But I've seen ugly, short, fat men get a lot of women in America too. It's not the norm, but I can think of a couple of anecdotal examples in my own personal life where I've seen this happen. So if it can happen in America, it certainly can happen in foreign countries.


So you agree that the whole point of an ugly guy escaping to a foreign country for dating purposes is, at best, questionable?

Also, whoever suspect me in being a troll, email me: abenm613@mail.ru to prove yourself otherwise.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
skeptic
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:57 am
Location: NYC

Postby marklambo » Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 pm

clowny wrote:
marklambo wrote:
skeptic wrote:
marklambo wrote:The reason is because of the damage that Western women have caused to the minds of Western men. They make the average, and even the good looking guy to feel inadequate. The guy's self confidence and ego becomes shattered over extended times of abuse and rejection. Western women are just simply walking diseases that you should avoid.


I understand that this belief is part of HappierAbroad's official line of thinking and perhaps should not be questioned. But still, I'm not sure how American women benefit from making men feel inadequate about themselves. How is it good for these women? Unless I get an answer to this question, the whole notion seems just too far-fetched.


I never said anything about them benefiting from this or that it's good for them. I'm not sure where you got that assumption from based on my post. They just do it because they can, due to having so many options available to them. Feminism also contributes a big role in it by creating this false illusion that women's v****as are so sacred. By empowering women and giving them so much control, they start to take many things for granted.

Look at the general American public for example. Because of new technology and new times, Americans "expect" certain things and if these little things don't exist, they throw a fit. Go ask an average American what they would feel about owning a car with roll up windows or a manual transmission. Ask an average American if they would buy a brand new tv without HD and without a remote, or better yet, a black and white tv. The same concept applies to western women because now they have developed new "standards" for men they want. They're just spoiled brats so when it comes to men, they naturally become evil bitches because the truth is, unfortunately they can, at least on the western side. This has nothing to do with Happier Abroad's belief in the line of thinking, it's simply reality. Just look around you, it's very clear.


Magnificent post. That was an interesting analogy.. I hadn't thought of it like that before.


Thanks clowny
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Postby marklambo » Sun May 26, 2013 7:04 pm

skeptic wrote:
Ghost wrote:The answers to your questions are ubiquitous here. You're a fake skeptic or a troll.


What kind of free-thinker are you if anyone who challenes your dogma is a troll...

marklambo wrote: They just do it because they can, due to having so many options available to them.


Where are those options coming from? Are there more good-looking man in America than elsewhere? Are foreign handsome men flocking to American women? I'm not sure how this works. Feminism can only brainwash women so far. As they approach a certain age without finding a mate, they have no choice but to face a tough decision. So, unless there is indeed an abundance of good-looking men around, there is no objective reason for women to behave this way. Or, another reason may be that feminism has brainwashed them into not wanting to have to do anything with men altogether. But how does that conform to women's biology?

marklambo wrote:Look at the general American public for example. Because of new technology and new times, Americans "expect" certain things and if these little things don't exist, they throw a fit. Go ask an average American what they would feel about owning a car with roll up windows or a manual transmission. Ask an average American if they would buy a brand new tv without HD and without a remote, or better yet, a black and white tv. The same concept applies to western women because now they have developed new "standards" for men they want. They're just spoiled brats so when it comes to men, they naturally become evil bitches because the truth is, unfortunately they can, at least on the western side


The supply of cars, TVs, or anything else, to American market is determined by demand, although sometimes the manufacturers manage to make their supply determine the demand (which is probably the case with automatic-transmission cars or modern TV sets). Unlike these items, men aren't born based on women's demand.

As for bank accounts, perhaps there are more relatively well-to-go men in America than in other countries. But even that is far from certain. After all, the world's wealthiest individuals presently are not American. But ok, it's probably true that overall financial condition of the average man is better in America than elsewhere.
But looks-wise, I don't see any basis to believe that there are more Brad Pitts in America than elsewhere.


Even like what you said, you can still also apply the same principals with supply and demand for the availability of men for women. There is obviously less demand for men in western countries such as America vs countries such as Russia, which have a lower supply of men. This is why you see a good looking women in places such as Russia that would give a "normal" looking guy a chance. In America, a "normal" guy has very little chance with a decent looking woman compared to other places. She just has too many options (supply) to choose from. Add the disease called feminism into the pot and now things are even worse on top of it all.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], starchild5 and 8 guests