Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Transportation poll

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which of these is most applicable to you?

I live in the U.S. or Canada. There is reliable local public transportation in my area, and I have a car as well.
43%
I live in the U.S. or Canada. There is reliable local public transportation in my area, and I don't have a car.
14%
I live in the U.S. or Canada. There is shortage of public transportation in my area, and I have no other choice but to rely on my car.
29%
I live in the U.S. or Canada. There is shortage of public transportation in my area, but I don't drive, so I have to rely on what's barely available.
No votes
I live outside of North America. There is reliable local public transportation in my area, and I have a car as well.
No votes
I live outside of North America. There is reliable local public transportation in my area, and I don't have a car.
14%
I live outside of North America. There is shortage of public transportation in my area, so I have no choice but to rely on my car.
No votes
I live outside of North America. There is shortage of public transportation in my area, but I don't drive, so I have to rely on what's barely available.
No votes

Total votes : 7

Transportation poll

Postby skeptic » Tue May 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Some of you claim that public transportation in America is non-existent. While this is a terrible exaggeration, it can be true for many. It's not a secret that for many decades the government in the U.S. has maintained a skewed funding policy, which resulted in near-extinction of public transportation in many places, especially in smaller cities or towns. Europe and Asia for the most part have been doing far better in that regard. I'm not sure about Latin American countries though.
You can run away from America, but you CAN'T run away from yourself.
skeptic
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Well, I live in NYC--which has some really great public transportation available--the problem is the people that also have to ride with you including: mentally crazed people, gangs, thuggish youths, racists, and just nasty (and rude) White collar types that think they own the world. That's why I take my car instead, to avoid the hassle.

And this isn't only an American problem: public transportation in Europe, Australia, and Russia is also filled with these types of people. Why do you think there's all these videos of crazy people, racists, fights, and drunken behavior caught on video by passengers all over the world? The only place (that I can think of) where public transportation is very safe (for the most part) and where these types of incidents are somewhat rare is in Asia (excluding Hong Kong, of course! LOL).
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 pm

zboy1 wrote:Well, I live in NYC--which has some really great public transportation available--the problem is the people that also have to ride with you

+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Transportation poll

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Tue May 28, 2013 6:32 pm

skeptic wrote:Some of you claim that public transportation in America is non-existent. While this is a terrible exaggeration, it can be true for many. It's not a secret that for many decades the government in the U.S. has maintained a skewed funding policy, which resulted in near-extinction of public transportation in many places, especially in smaller cities or towns. Europe and Asia for the most part have been doing far better in that regard. I'm not sure about Latin American countries though.

Latin American, the buses are cheap-as-h.ell. The cab fares are so-so, even for the locals. But interprovincial and interregional buses are fairly cheap in countries like Ecuador, Bolivia, Perú, etc.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions