Feminism 'is dead' in the UK

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Feminism 'is dead' in the UK

Post by ssjparris »

another one i found i thought i would share with you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... laims.html

Feminism is dead and most women believe they have achieved equality with men, the Equal Opportunities Commission admitted yesterday.
It said a majority of women despise new equality laws as no more than "artificial engineering".
An EOC-backed study - produced to mark the 75th anniversary of the extension of the vote to all women - appears to spell the end for the brand of feminism which blossomed at the end of the bra-burning Sixties.
Now, many women see feminism as old-fashioned and "ball-breaking". Most women, the study suggests, believe the aims of equality are now achieved.
The report, carried out for the EOC by a research group, said: "There was little support for the idea that women are unequal. Sex inequality is not widely considered a major issue."
The findings demonstrate deep opposition to the kind of agenda pursued by Trade Secretary Patricia Hewitt, whose recent paper described women who stay at home to bring up children as "a problem".
One woman told the study, which was based on talks with focus groups: "Every time I think of feminism, I get this really awful feeling. In their quest for women's rights, they really do oppress men, in which case, in my eyes, they are no better than men."
But the Government quango rejected ruling itself past its sell-by date. It instead put forward the concept of "institutional sexism" - to match "institutional racism".
Dudevondudenstein
Freshman Poster

Post by Dudevondudenstein »

That doesn’t mean feminism is dead. That means the feminist are declaring mission accomplished.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Exactly...they've achieved their goals and now they're going to dig in and entrench themselves. Feminism will be "dead", when they reverse all the man-hating laws they've implemented over the years.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Yep, this one smacks of, 'The Revolution is Dead. Long Live the Revolution'
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I read somewhere in a recent survey here in the USA I think, the ? was asked if women wanted to be stay at home moms and 84% said yes.

Most of the women I talk to today with half a brain say they do not like this society as a hole at all and they can see all the social engineering around them promoted toward phasing out gender.

I live in a college town so the social engineer's are really at work here and alot of the younger crowd in my town is like what the heck is this crap.
Time to Hide!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Moretorque wrote:I read somewhere in a recent survey here in the USA I think, the ? was asked if women wanted to be stay at home moms and 84% said yes.

Most of the women I talk to today with half a brain say they do not like this society as a hole at all and they can see all the social engineering around them promoted toward phasing out gender.

I live in a college town so the social engineer's are really at work here and alot of the younger crowd in my town is like what the heck is this crap.
yeah i know its time for a change. the planet as a whole are changing the way they think. eventually everything will go back to the way it is meant to be. may take another life time to progress in that direction.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Yaa, Nature will put it back to the way it is supposed to be with a mass die off of humanity and the children left behind to pay for our crap.
Time to Hide!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

They believe in ee-kwal-it-tee, unless, you know, the ship is sinking and em-pow-wer-mint, as long as it's not too inconvenient.
As usual, the comments are good times. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything