Most workers hate their jobs or have 'checked out,' Poll

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Most workers hate their jobs or have 'checked out,' Poll

Post by zboy1 »

http://www.latimes.com/business/money/l ... 8658.story
Seven out of 10 workers have "checked out" at work or are "actively disengaged," according to a recent Gallup survey.

In its ongoing survey of the American workplace, Gallup found that only 30% of workers are "were engaged, or involved in, enthusiastic about, and committed to their workplace." Although that equals the high in engagement since Gallup began studying the issue in 2000, it is overshadowed by the number of workers who aren't committed to a performing at a high level -- which Gallup says costs companies money.

The poll, released last week, examined worker engagement beginning in 2010 and ending in 2012. The previous poll period covered 2008 through 2010.

Why Do U.S. Workers Hate Their Jobs?

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 13th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I heard a survey that was done about 10 years ago said that said 78% of Americans hate their jobs. How can you be happy working for someone else? You have cow-tow to your boss and deal co-workers that you may not like.

Most people would rather be doing something else rather than the type of work that they have to do.

A lot of managers couldn't manage their way out of a brown paper bag! :P

Like Winston said a few years ago on this board, "most jobs suck and the good jobs are hard to get." That is very true!

No wonder most people can't wait to retire, when you retire you don't have to work and be a slave to anyone else anymore! :D

I am years away from retirement but I dream of retiring as soon as I can and getting out of the 9 to 5 rat race! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."