Pre-moving abroad jitters

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
mguy
Junior Poster

Pre-moving abroad jitters

Post by mguy »

So I'm heading back to Asia to live there permanently. Im currently states side. I am going through American withdrawal symptoms. It's a pretty daunting concept to uproot and relocate your ass. I even have my heritage there (Phils), but still, i've grown to like America and its fuckedupness, damn.

Need to get nursed to get the hell out of here. It is like hell over here. Nice roads, clean, fresh air, beautiful people, warm weather; but behind this nice environment object there is discrimination that eats one from the inside. It is truly a beautiful hell.

Anyone go through this? Just before a massive move back to the Phils.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Pre-moving abroad jitters

Post by zboy1 »

mguy wrote:So I'm heading back to Asia to live there permanently. Im currently states side. I am going through American withdrawal symptoms. It's a pretty daunting concept to uproot and relocate your a**. I even have my heritage there (Phils), but still, i've grown to like America and its fuckedupness, damn.

Need to get nursed to get the hell out of here. It is like hell over here. Nice roads, clean, fresh air, beautiful people, warm weather; but behind this nice environment object there is discrimination that eats one from the inside. It is truly a beautiful hell.

Anyone go through this? Just before a massive move back to the Phils.
Well, I did have similar feelings when I first traveled abroad for an extended period of time: first, as a young child going to S. Korea to visit family for the whole summer, and when I was sent to the U.K. from the United States while I was in the military. It's always a little strange to be experiencing life in a foreign country for the first month or two, but, after-a-while, you get pretty used to it and don't even think about afterwards.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Western countries are stressful places to live if your a man.

I moved to Phil. last year with no money so I was definitely stressed out about it and I still am. It took me about 8 months to get used the country. The peso is rising against the dollar which is good news if your working here.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I have absolutely no regrets about leaving my job or my country. The only problem I had was missing the food back home.

Just tidy up as many loose ends as you can before you leave, then you won't have to worry about what's going on back home.

I no longer even read the newspapers from back home, I don't really care what's going on - I don't live there anymore.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Taco wrote:Western countries are stressful places to live if your a man.

I moved to Phil. last year with no money so I was definitely stressed out about it and I still am. It took me about 8 months to get used the country. The peso is rising against the dollar which is good news if your working here.
How did you move to the Phil without any money? Sounds a little stretch man. Or you have some major guts to do that.

How the hell did you manage?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

mguy wrote:

How did you move to the Phil without any money? Sounds a little stretch man. Or you have some major guts to do that.

I just found a Filipina willing to take care of me.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:

Try moving to another country in the Anglosphere to have a woman take care of you almost damn-near unconditionally for free. Sheeeeeeeeeeit! You will crap out at your roll of the die each and every time when it comes to that, mate.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:

Try moving to another country in the Anglosphere to have a woman take care of you almost damn-near unconditionally for free. Sheeeeeeeeeeit! You will crap out at your roll of the die each and every time when it comes to that, mate.
I have never seen it unless you are a low class guy from Anglo country to another. Other than that, it can happy if the women values the relationship and see the man has ambition even though he might not have that much money or other resources.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:

Yeah, just tell your American girlfriend your going to quit your job and see how fast she gets rid of you. That said, I am looking for a job right now. Also, We'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks its only $90/month. Its really Spartan but compared to the $600/month rent I was paying back home its worth it.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:

One of my friends has a set up like this.

He's tall, good-looking, and f***s other girls when his gf is at work. No wonder it works for him!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Taco wrote:
Taco wrote:
mguy wrote:

Yeah, just tell your American girlfriend your going to quit your job and see how fast she gets rid of you. That said, I am looking for a job right now. Also, We'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks its only $90/month. Its really Spartan but compared to the $600/month rent I was paying back home its worth it.
Do it! I was working on my eCommerce site back in the late 90's and I didn't work, my GF did. I paid the car payment, insurance and food. She paid for rent, gas/water and electricity. We also had cell phones, DirecTV and broadband internet.

I'll be in a similar position when I go on my trip in a few months. Not looking for a woman that will take care of me, but if the right one comes along and would be ballin like crazy when I told her it was time for me to go back to the States, I would stay.

Get whatever thoughts you have about American women out of your head because women in other countries are NOT THE SAME.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

djfourmoney wrote:
Taco wrote:
Taco wrote:
mguy wrote: How did you move to the Phil without any money? Sounds a little stretch man. Or you have some major guts to do that.

Do it! I was working on my eCommerce site back in the late 90's and I didn't work, my GF did. I paid the car payment, insurance and food. She paid for rent, gas/water and electricity. We also had cell phones, DirecTV and broadband internet.

I'll be in a similar position when I go on my trip in a few months. Not looking for a woman that will take care of me, but if the right one comes along and would be ballin like crazy when I told her it was time for me to go back to the States, I would stay.

Get whatever thoughts you have about American women out of your head because women in other countries are NOT THE SAME.
+1

I am thinking that I might be in the same boat in 1-2 years. Currently met a decent career-driven foreign women who works for an international company. However, she is near the age of having a family so I have to see if I should go into the relationship. She is also okay staying in her country as she is close to her family. She is trying to complete her master's degree and other qualifications by next year so she can find a less stressful position. I can actually go and stay without working (but paying for my own necesities). I can though stay at her place for no rent or basically low cost. DJ is correct. If she is willing (and wanting) to help support you and ultimately believes that this will make her life better, you should have no problem moving there to let her support you.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I think everyone has some concerns about the unknown before making a big move abroad, but I never had any attachment to the US.

On the contrary, I breathed a deep sigh of relief when my plane was airbound and steadily leaving the US behind! And I'm still grateful every day that I decided to make the big move.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

aozora13 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Taco wrote:
Taco wrote: I just found a Filipina willing to take care of me.

+1

I am thinking that I might be in the same boat in 1-2 years. Currently met a decent career-driven foreign women who works for an international company. However, she is near the age of having a family so I have to see if I should go into the relationship. She is also okay staying in her country as she is close to her family. She is trying to complete her master's degree and other qualifications by next year so she can find a less stressful position. I can actually go and stay without working (but paying for my own necesities). I can though stay at her place for no rent or basically low cost. DJ is correct. If she is willing (and wanting) to help support you and ultimately believes that this will make her life better, you should have no problem moving there to let her support you.
I met a crazy Thai, single mom a few years ago on DIA offered me a car if I would marry her. There's women out there that own skyscrapers in downtown Bangkok and Hong Kong. The only thing they don't have is a foreign boyfriend(sex slave), that's where you come in.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Shitting balls. Panic.

Googling "scary to move abroad" articles to calm my nerves. Wow moving needs Zen like temperance.