Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Traveling for minority guys!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:29 am

Repatriate wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: The skill gap closed because of Americans and Europeans chasing wealth building opportunities and the Government's investment in education.

These things are largely NOT happening in Latin America, there is still quite a large skills/knowledge gap.

That's why many say the American Dream has moved South...

If there is no domestic brain bank to fuel a tech or high skill boom then Latin America will just remain a commodities driven region. This still limits expat positions to those that are primarily commodities related. The irony is that those commodities are fueling development for countries that are trying to move up from the second world in asia. That's basically what the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) coalition is all about. This is still a much better position for those people than the old world order of western Europe and North America sucking all resources away to fuel extravagant lifestyles.

I think the middle class crunch in the west was inevitable when the global scales are being balanced. It's the future really..a leveling of the playing field. Now it's up to Latin America to decide if it wants to go beyond commodities and try to develop along similar lines. It can easily take cues from the asian countries and do both. The blueprints are there.

You are right. The trends I have seen in Latin America are not the type of jobs that build a country. Because of the corruption and cronyism people generally want to work for the Government if they can get pass the nepotism...

Also setting up "Free Trade Zones" means nothing but low wage jobs are available to the masses.

The internet is very mature down there however, so just about anything you wanna do online can be done.

The majority of the populations rely on public transportation because cars are still out of the reach of average families. Many do have cars but poppa has it so he can go to work, everybody else takes the bus until they get a job of their own, save and buy a car or motorcycle themselves.

Is this slow growth but there's plenty of people to market your products too, its largely an untapped market.

Latin America in general is an untapped market, especially in the services industry. One area that is being exploited is food services as ethnic foods are typically and expectedly poorly done by locals who have never studied or have taken short cuts that reduce quality. Locals don't seem to understand yet that you can have good pricing, high quality and still pay your employees towards the higher end of the local pay scale, offer benefits, etc.

I am not really one for food services and maybe Asian foods is the wrong market to tap with so many Asians in Brazil, but in Central America its very lacking.

The same as finding a good hamburger in China might be an issue outside of the mass marketers like Mc Donalds.

Anyway, as I said, unless I had high skills, I would not depend on people hiring me in a foreign country. So teaching English is one option, the other is starting your own business. Not married to a local? Go online.... This really should not be an issue for anybody under age 40. I know Steve at Global Dating Solutions did not design his website and doesn't know much about it. Its fine to farm out certain duties that you don't wanna do.

Right now, I am doing my websites, I have contacted somebody about volunteering with youth and next will be contacting people about working at a hostel in exchange for rent/accommodations.

As long as I have money to take out women, they won't be asking me a ton of questions about what I do, they largely don't care.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:50 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I'm losing my patience with guys who aspire to move abroad to teach English. Is that all you have to offer?

Men of respect, minority or not, should be working their rears off in the US preparing for life abroad. After 10 to 15 years of hard work, saving, and periodic exploratory travel, the target countries should be found.

Opening a business of some sort should be the goal.

I see men from many other countries drop into a new place and soon after open up a shop, or restaurant, or a service of some kind. None of them ran businesses in their home countries, and none were particularly educated. They start out learning a business model from the bottom of the barrel, but they gain expertise, contacts, and management skill enough to go it alone.

The typical American man who wishes to expat feels that his only real option is to teach ESL. That is a worn-out approach and one that signifies lack of grit, imagination, and general worth.

Small business is the route to take for income abroad, not teaching some course at minimum wage. If you think that you will have high status with local women as an ESL teacher, think how much more you would have as an entrepreneur.

Think bigger....

100%, I am not even considering Teaching English. That said, it does pay fairly well if you have the proper information. Specialized English training in Brazil say Law or Medical English, people are getting $25-$30US an hour. Schools in Brazil are paying $10-12US an hour, so you can definitely live a typical American life off it, especially if you buy all the expensive stuff like new PC's, TV's and Clothes back at home.

All countries welcome Entrepreneurs as long as you employ locals and that shouldn't be an issue.

Teaching English is one way many people have met their significant other, so its not all negatives but you should be working to a point of starting your own English school run by an American the American way which will typically be more efficient because you're willing to go the extra mile to employ quality and technology.

Self Employment is the best form and the quickest way to wealth or financial independance.

Using skin color/ethnicity is an excuse you can use at home and most people will let you get away with it because it does present some real obstacles.

However most of those obstacles are not in other countries because to be frank, especially in developing countries they are not sophisticated enough to be bigoted and hide it and like most places the Government has no interest in being bigoted if you make it money by paying taxes or fees.

I am starting to believe job opportunities or lack thereof is the biggest canard and a weak excuse. I know not everybody is cut out to be a business owner. That's fine then stay home, make your wealth in the country you know best and in ten to twenty years become an expat. But understand that life often takes unpredictable turns and you should never put off tomorrow what you can do today. I procrastinated, everybody does to a certain degree, but I am focused on my goal of going to Brazil and trying to stay and make it work.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I'm losing my patience with guys who aspire to move abroad to teach English. Is that all you have to offer?

Men of respect, minority or not, should be working their rears off in the US preparing for life abroad. After 10 to 15 years of hard work, saving, and periodic exploratory travel, the target countries should be found.

I see men from many other countries drop into a new place and soon after open up a shop, or restaurant, or a service of some kind. None of them ran businesses in their home countries, and none were particularly educated. They start out learning a business model from the bottom of the barrel, but they gain expertise, contacts, and management skill enough to go it alone.

The typical American man who wishes to expat feels that his only real option is to teach ESL. That is a worn-out approach and one that signifies lack of grit, imagination, and general worth.

Small business is the route to take for income abroad, not teaching some course at minimum wage. If you think that you will have high status with local women as an ESL teacher, think how much more you would have as an entrepreneur.

Think bigger....

One of the few times I have agreed 100% with you. Guys need SKILLS!!! Learn a skill then go out into the world. You will be wiser and more experienced enough to know how to make things work!! You could even marry a foreign woman on a K1 while you skill up here first, then move to her country and start a business later on! Teaching English is not the best option for all people going abroad. I would recommend that for just very few guys. Use the advantages the USA has before leaving. If you leave before gaining any real knowledge first, you will be at the same f***ing level the LOCAL MEN are at!!! And they ALWAYS get the best local jobs! Period!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Repatriate wrote:There's been a big decrease in well paid expat positions overseas especially in Asia because the skill gap is closing. There are a few articles about this situation in Hong Kong. Why would some multinational or even domestic corp. hire some white expat engineer for 2-3x the salary along with visa, cultural, and attitude problems when they can get an equivalently skilled local who studied abroad? You ever wonder where all those Chinese students with student visas go if they can't get a job in the U.S. ? They go back home right into those entry level jobs where their foreign degree carries some prestige.

I hear stories of people in China hiring white expats as meat puppets to show off how big time they are but the salaries aren't anything special. It's just face value and that novelty wears thin as corporations focus more on the bottom line and efficiency.

Yep. The skill gap is closing BIG TIME! Thanks to certain multinational companies and corporate greed not having any loyalty to any country, especially the whorish USA. My children will not have the skill and experience advantages I have if they work in my field.

Also you are 100% correct about the foreign students. Many of them go back to China and make BIG money with that shiny American University degree. More money than if they were to stay here and hoof it with the other Americans. Only the liberal-minded/very religious/westernized ones try to stay here after school. Rich Chinese live like kings back in China, with that nice job. Their parent's Guanxi (connections) make them even more filthy rich.

The skill gap closed because of Americans and Europeans chasing wealth building opportunities and the Government's investment in education.

These things are largely NOT happening in Latin America, there is still quite a large skills/knowledge gap.

That's why many say the American Dream has moved South...

No doubt that is a factor, but HB1 Visa holders from India, taking many IT jobs, with the sorry excuse companies give about saying that there are not enough skilled workers in the US to do those jobs is BS. They pay these programmers etc. 30-40,000 dollars for the same work they pay Americans 100,000-150,000 per year. It's greed. High speed internet circuits (WAN-NPLS links) has also had the bad effect of job outsourcing for IT support and call centers in poorer countries. I personally have lost 2-3 jobs because of that. South America has a shitty WAN link to the US. Flakes out all the time. That is why most call center ops go to Asia first because Latin America still has an unreliable link.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Think bigger....

ESL is only a stepping stone for a real income generation. Like I said, it should be treated as a life-support system. Once you have an ESL job, you are free to build your system however you wish. This is just a model I have seen played out during my travels. This is also the model that countless expatriates have utilized in order to get their foot in the door.

The model of expatriation seems to occur like this:

1.) Save funds for international migration
2.) Secure convenient employment to gather relevant intel on the ground (think blondie at the hostel)
3.) Leverage convenient employment to a full blown income generating gig

That seems to be bare-bone model. However, minority guys do not have the edge in this model -- and so must be extra diligent. It would be nice to have an ESL back-up plan, or a convenient "hotel lobby" work. This is also geared towards younger cats who do not have skills yet or older crowd whose skills are mismatched to the target country.
mguy
Junior Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:22 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
mguy wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Nice thread going on here. Very interesting stuff.

I will throw a few bones in too.

Teaching English in China while black? It's possible. some do well, some do not. It's luck and location dependent. As a whole Chinese schools typically require a white European looking person to teach English. This is VERY common knowledge. The reason why is this. The parents are dumb quite often, and will make demands for their money to be given back if they find out the teacher is not a white guy. Would you like to be told in Mandarin, "How can this black devil teach my son English! He is not white!" I read a story about a black English teacher in China getting chased out of a school by parents. You would be far far more likely to see this in a more rural area. If you teach English there, look for English teaching for grown people. Like at a training center if you can. The better paying ones for universities, etc. are tougher to get for any non-white person (asian/chinese included!).

As for that Engineer stuff, Mguy is right. Entry level engineers are a dime a dozen big time. Indian ones with masters are even more numerous. You better have had 3-5 internships before graduating from college before coming out and have at least around a 3.5GPA or you are in for a major surprise. Also do not hold your breath on getting a PE quickly either. You will need like 3-5 years at least of industry experience before you can even test for that credential. You will be waiting a while before going abroad if that is your plan. You might as well sow oats in the US and bring a wife back like I did if that PE means that much to you. I have alot of credentials and experience for what I do as an IT consultant, and that makes it alot tougher to just leave the US, just to get shitty a** pay in some other f***ed up country. My only realistic choices, are to go to another anglo country if I want to even have a chance of making similar or more money. If you get comfortable enough to get a PE, you might get stuck too. Quite the Catch 22 eh?

Will you please add you ethnicity just for discussion sake.

Also as an IT consultant what are the odds of relocating to Europe say France or some other first world country outside the Anglo-sphere? Do they have enough scarcity there to need your skills. Why isnt that a popular option that isn't discussed..

I am a black american. I am native american mixed and some Italian, but black looking enough that most don't notice that for the most part.

Moving to Europe is an option if America becomes a literal shithole or hellhole. Either that or we are moving to China. My skillsets have very little market in a way in China, but I know enough areas of IT to make a University there angry if I taught Chinese locals there if I opened my own school. I actually had this as a backup plan if I could not get my wife back here. Opening your own company in China is toooo easy in a way. China is more of an entrepreneur's paradise compared to America. Of course I would have the company in my wife's name or her dad's.... I could do it myself, but I'd rather concentrate on other aspects of that and draw less attention to myself in the process and use their guanxi (connections).

As for Europe, the demand for my expertise, is probably the same as the US (depending upon the country), more or less. the pay is just as high if not much higher because of my level of specialty. The only challenge would be how to market myself and get all the appropriate permits, etc. (red tape) I have little time to myself as it is. I would only read heavily into this if I was forced into doing so. Not to mention the EU is expensive as f**k. Moving there would not be cheap at all.

Becomes? It already is, its just not shitty to start with like some 3rd world countries. When new EU members start getting investments from outside the country, you usually have well educated German contactors come in and lay pavements or drill tunnels. Germans have a well deserved reputation for high quality.

You don't have this in much of Asia or Latin America. Asias has money to spend and contract out American or European design companies, construction firms and architects, just look up any big job from the series Extreme Engineering. Latin America; if the money can get past the corruption and cronyism, it might have a chance to do something else.

You are correct about high skill labor being in demand in Europe, especially Germany. Germanguy will scream its a farce. Its not, how many people does he know which Engineering degrees? Likely none, maybe some internet programing degree and there is plenty of Germans with those in Berlin that have a hard time finding a job.

Again its jobs people typically don't educate themselves for and don't think about is the positions that need to be filled. Why? Its because these jobs won't get you laid just by mentioning your job title....

I keep saying it, men make choices based not on income but on sex and how much it will get them. For the few men like yourself that have chosen Engineering, that is typically nerdy/geeky but that doesn't mean YOU have to act like a nerd or a geek. Its just a job, not a lifestyle.

European developers and programmers struggle there because of those same Indians, but also because great software is not their forte over there either. Silicon Valley (basically) the US still dominates that area and they use Indians whenever they can too. As for other IT or Engineering jobs, yes there is a pretty high demand from what I know of in my circles. Depends upon the specialties sometimes, but overall it is good. But any American is going to have to spend at least 10-15 years in the US to have that level of skillset after they finish college to make full use of that. One bit of advice I would give to any young engineer is to get hired by a multinational company! Like Shell Oil, BP, etc. they can never have enough people willing to leave the US. I know this first hand. I worked for Shell.

Oh I am a HUGE nerd/geek. I look like a 5'8 muscular but black, Clark Kent. I even have 4 black belts in martial arts and many other non-mainstream accomplishments. American Women here black, white, or asian are very intimidated by me. Most men too. In my own strange way, I am an Alpha male among other Alpha males. Only a non US woman would be drawn to a man like me. Women without self esteem issues and do not give a shit what other people think.

I work with some extremely intelligent guys just like me this at this small new company I work at now. I am the weakest link in the whole team and I am considered very good to slightly elite for what I do. Two of these guys are getting divorced and their wives are treating them, like my ex-wife treated me. Long story short, I told both of them to look abroad. They gave me that look as if they completely understood and were quiet the rest of the day. After I showed them my wedding photos in China, they were solemn. They both know what the score is now, they just need time to figure out how to get custody of their kids right now. Men like us are not worth anything in the US outside of business. p***y is so powerful, like you kinda alluded to in your post, even bonafide geniuses get caught up in American p***y. Those women used those men to take their money and they are so sick mentally, they have no pride in being with a top shelf man at all. I bet they are both fat too. I just have not seen them yet....
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:40 pm

djfourmoney wrote:

Think bigger....

100%, I am not even considering Teaching English. That said, it does pay fairly well if you have the proper information. Specialized English training in Brazil say Law or Medical English, people are getting $25-$30US an hour. Schools in Brazil are paying $10-12US an hour, so you can definitely live a typical American life off it, especially if you buy all the expensive stuff like new PC's, TV's and Clothes back at home.

All countries welcome Entrepreneurs as long as you employ locals and that shouldn't be an issue.

Teaching English is one way many people have met their significant other, so its not all negatives but you should be working to a point of starting your own English school run by an American the American way which will typically be more efficient because you're willing to go the extra mile to employ quality and technology.

Self Employment is the best form and the quickest way to wealth or financial independance.

Using skin color/ethnicity is an excuse you can use at home and most people will let you get away with it because it does present some real obstacles.

However most of those obstacles are not in other countries because to be frank, especially in developing countries they are not sophisticated enough to be bigoted and hide it and like most places the Government has no interest in being bigoted if you make it money by paying taxes or fees.

I am starting to believe job opportunities or lack thereof is the biggest canard and a weak excuse. I know not everybody is cut out to be a business owner. That's fine then stay home, make your wealth in the country you know best and in ten to twenty years become an expat. But understand that life often takes unpredictable turns and you should never put off tomorrow what you can do today. I procrastinated, everybody does to a certain degree, but I am focused on my goal of going to Brazil and trying to stay and make it work.

Don't forget that if you really want to get the best English teaching jobs, sometimes you need to have an English degree or demonstrate a very high level of writing. Quite a few guys on this forum are not adept at that, but it really depends overall. I still think it is better to learn other skills instead of going somewhere to teach English, regardless of the pay. At least you have a fall back plan like Mguy said.

I do not agree that all countries welcome entrepreneurs. That really depends upon the country. Singapore is probably the most open business country in the world like that. They truly do not care, no serious permits needed. Catch is, Singapore is not necessarily cheap to live in.

Also countries do not have to be bigoted per se, some of them are just f***ing xenophobic. That is all the reason they need to stop you from doing anything there. They could care less about your skin color. They just think you are an outsider taking advantage of them or hurting another local person's business.

That said, excuses are lame. Always try until someone says no or stop, then go around them or leave and keep trying until you reach your goal.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Killhoffa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:48 pm

This is a great thread, but must admit I'll take some advice. The fact is I have a very close Nigerian friend thats lived all over Europe. His brother who is (African) teaches English in Thailand. My former Co-driver who is defined African American, but looks very Native American is currently living and teaching English in Cambodia. Not sure if this thread was made for hating, discouragement, or what, but I do notice that its always something to discourage or steer blacks away from sh!t. With these sources, in my circle one could only wonder? With that being said yes I FINALLY APPLIED FOR MY PASSPORT AND WHEN IT ARRIVES I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW! Thanks for the insight anyway!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:58 pm

Killhoffa wrote:This is a great thread, but must admit I'll take some advice. The fact is I have a very close Nigerian friend thats lived all over Europe. His brother who is (African) teaches English in Thailand. My former Co-driver who is defined African American, but looks very Native American is currently living and teaching English in Cambodia. Not sure if this thread was made for hating, discouragement, or what, but I do notice that its always something to discourage or steer blacks away from sh!t. With these sources, in my circle one could only wonder? With that being said yes I FINALLY APPLIED FOR MY PASSPORT AND WHEN IT ARRIVES I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW! Thanks for the insight anyway!

I have a close half-black friend whose wife is half Cambodian and half Thai. He told me after my divorce to go to Thailand or Cambodia to find a wife because they love black men and are not too racist, after I told him I was going to chase Chinese women or Japanese women. So, the gist of it is that, your mileage may vary, but SE Asia has always been more friendlier to black men. My uncle has a wife from the Philippines even. According to them and some others, the tale of the large penis, is widely known.... :lol:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby Killhoffa » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:31 pm

kai1275 wrote:
Killhoffa wrote:This is a great thread, but must admit I'll take some advice. The fact is I have a very close Nigerian friend thats lived all over Europe. His brother who is (African) teaches English in Thailand. My former Co-driver who is defined African American, but looks very Native American is currently living and teaching English in Cambodia. Not sure if this thread was made for hating, discouragement, or what, but I do notice that its always something to discourage or steer blacks away from sh!t. With these sources, in my circle one could only wonder? With that being said yes I FINALLY APPLIED FOR MY PASSPORT AND WHEN IT ARRIVES I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW! Thanks for the insight anyway!

I have a close half-black friend whose wife is half Cambodian and half Thai. He told me after my divorce to go to Thailand or Cambodia to find a wife because they love black men and are not too racist, after I told him I was going to chase Chinese women or Japanese women. So, the gist of it is that, your mileage may vary, but SE Asia has always been more friendlier to black men. My uncle has a wife from the Philippines even. According to them and some others, the tale of the large penis, is widely known.... :lol:[/quote

Thats whats up! Atleast its a "Tale" and not so much a stereotype of black men, the way it is in the US!
A WOMAN'S THOUGHTS DO NOT DEFINE A MAN; NOR DO HER EXPECTATIONS DICTATE HIS LIMITATIONS!
Killhoffa
Freshman Poster

Postby kai1275 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Killhoffa wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

I have a close half-black friend whose wife is half Cambodian and half Thai. He told me after my divorce to go to Thailand or Cambodia to find a wife because they love black men and are not too racist, after I told him I was going to chase Chinese women or Japanese women. So, the gist of it is that, your mileage may vary, but SE Asia has always been more friendlier to black men. My uncle has a wife from the Philippines even. According to them and some others, the tale of the large penis, is widely known.... :lol:[/quote

Thats whats up! Atleast its a "Tale" and not so much a stereotype of black men, the way it is in the US!

I think it is a stereotype actually....maybe not a bad one, if you do have a 6+ long penis and decent girth, but many of them will think you have one and some of the women may ask you about yours. My Chinese wife was very afraid of mine before I arrived in China to meet her. She told me she was afraid it would not fit. She is not a fan of small ones, but she was worried I would be too big. LOL Believe it or not, Asian women sometimes get ahold of a foreign porn movie or they gossip about stuff like that. My wife was definitely not the first Asian to ask me or tell me something like that either....
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Killhoffa wrote:
kai1275 wrote:

In the Philippines, I can attest the the black male huge cock stereotype is HUGELY overshadowed by that of the Arabian guys aka Arabo. The black cock is largely an anglo-sphere phenomenon. Also large cock is not desirable there as it is in the USA. It is similar to being seen as too "tall" wherein someone greater than 6'2 becomes too tall and at 6'5 you will be considered a freak or gigante. Masyadong matangkad = too tall. Blacks like kobe are Gods to the rest.

Not sure about the receptiveness of Filipinas with black men, it is a mixed bag IMO. If given a choice between white or black American, I would surmise to say the average expat-hunting Filipina will prefer white. We have to run this as experiments so I'm not saying anything here so take that with a grain of salt. IMO, you get knocked off couple of points by being black, but not enough to be excluded from the dating pool which is the attractiveness of PI over othe Asian nations.

Please let us know about your individual experiences as a minority abroad. Perception changes reality and the purpose of this thread is to give this perception. There is a shortage of minority expats barking their travelogues to other minorities. The white travelers are pretty good at sharing their experiences and they in part create a "tipping-point" so you see the younger whiter generation thinking it is perfectly normal to be traveling and expatriating.
mguy
Junior Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Here's a good site if you wanna volunteer abroad.

http://www.workaway.info/

problem is, they seem to be all white, and I dunno how receptive they are to a black man over thirty. dunno, you can be the trail blazer I suppose.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:58 pm

skateboardstephen wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Btw, I do think it's a big mistake for someone to just go abroad and rely on teaching english with no other income to back it up. Teaching english should not be a career pursuit unless you plan on getting personal experience and fun time abroad. Or you plan on taking it far with a license from your home country and getting into the international schools. Using it as a life support to find other opportunities is fine but from what i've seen way too many guys just get by with it. I know Ladislav has managed to do well with it but he goes to Saudi Arabia and places like that where the pay is much higher.

I see what you are trying to say..but that still does not let some of these countries off the hook in my opinion..especially when the people in your target country seem to live quite well in your country..and have a much lower unemployment rate in the country you want to live in.....we let 1 million legal immigrants into the U.S. a year ,that is not including the illegals..and they get work in American companies with out having to rely on teaching a language, while 40 million Americans just stopped looking for work all together but Dominicans keep pouring into the U.S....In Philadelphia i was meeting new immigrants ever time i turned around and i even trained some of them at Burlington coat factory distribution center in Spanish to do jobs that Americans would and should be doing...which is also full of other immigrants working..while the unemployment rate for Americans is highly unacceptable...Plus in Brazil where i am at they also make it really hard for Foreigners to open businesses..and if you do...you have to hire Natives..you can't even provide work for people from your home country ...like other immigrants do when they get to the U.S.

Thailand and the Philippines, too, adhere to that philosophy of hiring at least "60% locals" or something to that percentage.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby mguy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:30 pm

So you decided that you want to leave?

Then what are your options.

A.) Suck it up
B.) Leave

Since you're reading this then you must have chosen #B. Ok. Then I will meet you to the point where you will be asking how will you be able to survive? This assumes that you have no savings to draw-upon and you had to leave now.

Remember Maslow's heirarchy? You must at least cover your basic needs in your location.

Directive One: Calculations

1.) Obtain the lowest cost-of-living available. This will be your minimum amount needed.

Example: you calculate that you need at $350/month in target country. This is your "need"

2.) Obtain your minimum standard-of-living costs. This will be minimum-cost + extra

Example: you calculate that you need to live at $550 bc you want worth of "wants" for $200. So your standard of living is $550

Directive Two: Building

1.) The basic requirement is to obtain income-source#1 to cover your lowest-cost-of-living.
(This is ESL jobs or anything convenient) as you build for a source that covers your standard-of-living

2.) Obtain income-source#2 to cover your standard-of-living.

Directive Three: Freedom

There is really no Directive three, as the two directives had already satisfied the minimum requirement. But for the sake of argument, you will want to want freedom.

1.) Once income-source#2>standard-of-living, you will have surplus-cash in the form of capital.
2.) Employ surplus-cash to derive income

- MGUY
mguy
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions