Heart-to-heart with S_Parc | American Beauty (1999) Wow.....

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Heart-to-heart with S_Parc | American Beauty (1999) Wow.....

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

This thread is long-overdue. Somebody should have "challenged" S_Parc on this movie months ago since he rendered it on his signature/status.

I vaguely saw this movie before, but now that I have watched it the first time as an anti-feminist (pro-virtuous-woman kind of guy of course),
I saw a lot of s.hit in there that S_Parc has been speaking about.

Lester was my favorite character. That military dad killed him in cold blood; that made me livid.
The story portrays Lester as the typical nice guy whom finishes last - by death and by his marriage he has.

Lester represents many of us on here (by vicarious death and niceness).

Lester thought he wasn't deserving of taking a girl's (literally she was 17 or 18 at the time, but he didn't seem to care (up until he found out she was
a virgin)) virginity,
but he had compassion for somebody more her age to take it. He assumed she was a s.lut that was so hot that it would have
been justified to "lay pipe" to her because wanted to feel alive again, which resembles American niceguys (single and/or divorced or marriaged
with kids or not).

Lester had to work out to attract the AW (and he wasn't fat; he just wasn't as fit as he was when he almost "laid her out").
(Common in the U.S. of Gay for beta males)

Lester took a bullsh.it job so he didn't have to work for the "Corporation" (MGTOW motto sometimes).

Lester stopped caring about his stark-feministing "Hiliary Clinton"-looking wife (which shows he was MGTOW for years on-end).

Military dad's son (reminds me of me when it comes to "weird" sh.it...I love analyzing death upfront by looking at cadavres - it's fascinating how dollish dead humans look).

Military dad's son reminds me of a beta male with subtle alpha male qualities (e.g. me) - in a way, he was a man MGTOW'ing...especially when they were about to go to NYC
on 40K USD.

Military dad reminds me of a hypermasculine American a.sshole that really was a weak s.o.b (i.e. the typical American male asshole/thug that has androgynous qualities - when he kissed Lester "all up in his mouth".)

Military dad's wife had dementia and Alzheimer's....he probably drove that woman nuts or numb with his USO past. She was an attractive woman with Italian-Maltese qualities if she wasn't so "out of it"...even for a "cougar". It was touching (all jokes aside) that "weirdo" make a manly departure as he was leaving the house when he kissed his mother by. That's something I would do. I see so much of myself in him.

Even when "weirdo" smiled at a late Lester, he was content that Lester was in a better place...again, death is nothing to be afraid of. Sometimes it can be a riveting part of life to observe...especially when you know they may be at peace from thereon after. Personally, that's how I feel about my late mother. Next time I'll go to my sister's house (could be a long time from now), I will speak to the urn my mother's ashes are in.

Military dad reminds me of my aloof "father". He used to manhandle me like that when I have done something "so wrong". He kicked my a.ss, and I never fought back. That "weirdo" tried to have a lot of respect for his military dad (I forgot the names of most of them -sorry guys), but all the while, he had known his father was a POS.

Even though I'm not White, I saw a lot of my life in this movie. I can relate to "weirdo" alot as I used to be upper-middle class when I was a kid before my father left my mother. "Weirdo" also had a lot of VHS tapes and camera. I used to work on my hobbies to absolve myself away from reality and just enjoy the simple nature of life. That's why I coo when I see a dog trot by. I love dogs...pitbulls I'm more cautious of, Rotts and G-shephard's too (they have an affinity for fu.cking with me because I look like a large animal).

I smoked weed to make the pain go away so I can sleep. I used to sell weed because my mother wouldn't let me work during the school year nor let me play football because she wanted me to be an intellectual monster. ...kind of like how "weirdo" and weed had their relationship in the movie.

Lester's apple of his eye...young but hot-as-f.uck. No boobies, but still a cute Anglo AW (or AG: American girl). Even though she comported herself well around Lester (before and after Lester).

She had a nice tight little round a.ss on her in a few of those pantie scenes throughout the movie.

Lester's wife wasn't butt-ugly but she reminds me a lot of Hilary Clinton and the typical "you cannot please me - career hypergamist" AW mentality. And while Lester was the nice guy, his wife was f.ucking about the guido-bad boy Real Estate broker (alpha male that AW coo over)...probably bareback too.

The real estate broker used "game" to get Lester's wife - which is not atypical of how to lure AW nowadays. His "game" was his fame in real estate. $$$ = AW present = imminent sex and entitlement.

Lester's daughter became weird because the parents had no time for their daughter and she became a spoiled-skank going her own way in life. Her character wasn't that interesting to say the least.

The window scene of "weirdo" "giving brain" (he was rolling the weed and Lester always had his shirt off to be proud of something and to feel desired - not because he was a fruitcake that military dad thought he was) to Lester was the funniest trippiest s.hit to watch in the whole movie. That was precursor to the end of nice guy Lester. Yes, some nice guys smoke that hurricane weed too.

Would Lester still be alive if he f.ucked military dad in the a.ss or get duked in the arse by military dad? Did that "rejection" Lester gave to military dad set military dad in a frenzy for feeling humiliated because he was such an androgynous ego maniac? i.e. frenzy = "yeah m.uthafucker, I don't like you anyway. You cannot tell anybody I kissed you, you fa.ggot!" BANG. RIP Lester. Which is how AM are towards one another: this in the movie explains "one up on ya" and "quid pro quo" of competitiveness between who's the alpha male. Deep s.hit.

Was "Hilary Clinton" coming home to say let's make our dysfunctional marriage work and she never had a chance?? So "she's not a victim" so she wanted to reconcile with Lester or if Lester rejected her, I think she would have shot him dead before military dad did. Lester was fu.cked either way.

If Lester were more like an omega male, he would have fu.cked his daughters bestie bareback and he would have gotten caught and shot by "Hitlery Clinton" in the "heat of the moment". Lester should have done that since it was imminent that he and the grim reaper were about to do business with one another.

Did the "weirdos" still go to NYC even after the "gunshot" heard around the neighborhood?

What was going on with the real estate alpha male when that gunshot was heard?

I think the women got over in this film, even the weirdo chick (i.e. Lester's daughter) because she gets her man at the end of the flick.

Is S_Parc right and exact that this movie explained the current familial dysfunction in White America today? Nah. These "transgressions" occur in all "castes" of American society.
There are other movies to explain this; a plethora, but American Beauty has its niche that needs to be examined for the state of today's nuclear familial world.

This is the kind of movie I can watch every 5 years as if I had not seen it before (alas a classic it is).

My blog/rant. See ya.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

It's definitely a movie that everyone on this website should see.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

I just think that A_B is a general critique of american society at large, and how f***ed up things are. from there on, it's anybody's interpretation.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Heart-to-heart with S_Parc | American Beauty (1999) Wow.

Post by S_Parc »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Is S_Parc right and exact that this movie explained the current familial dysfunction in White America today? Nah. These "transgressions" occur in all "castes" of American society.
There are other movies to explain this; a plethora, but American Beauty has its niche that needs to be examined for the state of today's nuclear familial world.

This is the kind of movie I can watch every 5 years as if I had not seen it before (alas a classic it is).

My blog/rant. See ya.
Well I'm definitely honored by this thread :P

As for the movie being a sort of catch-all cause & effect analysis, no, it's not quite that.

What it is, however, is a type of a vector of a man's life in America. In other words, Lester's awakening was to foreshadow his imminent death. For most guys, unless they'd really planned this right, they'll attract havoc to themselves, if they try to break free, once the shackles have already been put in place. This society does not want non-gay men to be liberated and free. In fact, the movie was also insightful that the only two balanced persons in the movie were a gay couple :shock: What does that say about everyone else :roll:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Happier Abroad movie list:

American Beauty
Fight Club
Rebel Without a Cause
Election

Nobody mentions this about Rebel Without a Cause, but it's about broken families, lack of fathers, etc. The "cause" in the film didn't yet have a name, but it would later become known as Feminism. People are too afraid to honestly talk about how misogynist the film actually is because it's already so iconic.

Election is pretty similar to American Beauty, but it's about a High School Election and how Feminazis (played by young Reese Witherspoon) grow up.

Actually I was on vacation and my 30 year old cousin and his girlfriend were there...she said American Beauty was one of her favorite movies. I hope my cousin knows what he has and appreciates her. She was raised in Korea and didn't speak English until 14, though she's perfectly fluent now. In any case, my cousin apparently doesn't dance, even though he looks pretty sharp (they're seriously a very good looking couple. Bunch of Asian models, both of them). So the girlfriend got me to be a substitute and dance with her. I guess it was cool because I'm like ten years younger, so she's kind of like an older sister. But my cousin should've seriously manned up.

And my dad's kind of paralleling Lester here right now, poor guy...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I definitely agree with Fight Club, American Beauty and Rebel Without a Cause being on your list, abcdavid01. I would also recommend that everyone watch American History X, Crash and Do The Right Thing, in examining America's messed-up race relations...And to see how cruel and materialistic young American women/teens are acting these days, I would recommend everyone watch "Mean Girls" starring Lindsay Lohan, and be shocked at the behavior of some of these school girls, even though it's not a true story. Don't be mistaken. Most young teens are influenced by these kinds of movies, and act accordingly.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Here's an article from the Washington Post, about so called "mean girls" growing up.

What happens when mean girls grow up?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04947.html

To sum it all up: American women are horrible, especially when they're young.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

S_Parc wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Is S_Parc right and exact that this movie explained the current familial dysfunction in White America today? Nah. These "transgressions" occur in all "castes" of American society.

My blog/rant. See ya.
Well I'm definitely honored by this thread :P

As for the movie being a sort of catch-all cause & effect analysis, no, it's not quite that.

What it is, however, is a type of a vector of a man's life in America. In other words, Lester's awakening was to foreshadow his imminent death. For most guys, unless they'd really planned this right, they'll attract havoc to themselves, if they try to break free, once the shackles have already been put in place. This society does not want non-gay men to be liberated and free. In fact, the movie was also insightful that the only two balanced persons in the movie were a gay couple :shock: What does that say about everyone else :roll:
OH S.HIT. I forgot all about the "Odd Couple '99" in the American Beauty movie. Yeah, since they were the only people that had no drama, that signifies where American society is heading: gay is the new norm. Ugh! :-/
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

zboy1 wrote:I definitely agree with Fight Club, American Beauty and Rebel Without a Cause being on your list, abcdavid01. I would also recommend that everyone watch American History X, Crash and Do The Right Thing, in examining America's messed-up race relations...And to see how cruel and materialistic young American women/teens are acting these days, I would recommend everyone watch "Mean Girls" starring Lindsay Lohan, and be shocked at the behavior of some of these school girls, even though it's not a true story. Don't be mistaken. Most young teens are influenced by these kinds of movies, and act accordingly.
Oh let's NOT do a thread on American History X. That s.hit makes American Beauty look like Quentin Tarantino directing his first "half movie" that got fried in the process from becoming his real first flick he had directed. ;-)

That will automatically be an ongoing, recurring thread; trust me, zboy1. Create it. lol
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:OH S.HIT. I forgot all about the "Odd Couple '99" in the American Beauty movie. Yeah, since they were the only people that had no drama, that signifies where American society is heading: gay is the new norm. Ugh! :-/
That's why this movie was a major wake up call for me. In essence, it's hinted that being gay is being healthy and normal whereas us heteros need some serious psychiatric help.

And what's sad is that Provincetown MA, the gay town at the end of the Cape Cod peninsula, is one of the friendliest and nicest places in the Bay State :roll: Prophetic, I ask?
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.