Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


America has the highest rates of mental illness, studies say

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1558
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Post by HouseMD » October 30th, 2013, 12:55 pm

We're social creatures that are often lacking in social connections and intimacy. It isn't natural, the way the rat race Labs every person in a cage of their own. Winston is pretty much right on this one, though there is one other major factor at play.

So many Americans are crazy because even many of the healthy ones are being sold drugs by pharmaceutical companies and told that their normal behavior is an illness. ADD and ADHD are bullshit in all but the most extreme cases. Depression is often real but easily remedied through lifestyle changes in the less severe cases, look at how many people here escaped depression with a simple plane ticket. There are many more examples out there of the or overtreatment of normal behavior- maybe people are almost as "crazy" elsewhere but they just aren't a viable enough market for the diagnoses to be pushed in their countries. The Philippines would surely be the ADHD Capitol of the World if big pharma cared to label the youth there with something.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



tre
Junior Poster
Posts: 604
Joined: September 15th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: USA

Post by tre » October 30th, 2013, 8:03 pm

HouseMD wrote:We're social creatures that are often lacking in social connections and intimacy. It isn't natural, the way the rat race Labs every person in a cage of their own. Winston is pretty much right on this one, though there is one other major factor at play.

So many Americans are crazy because even many of the healthy ones are being sold drugs by pharmaceutical companies and told that their normal behavior is an illness. ADD and ADHD are bullshit in all but the most extreme cases. Depression is often real but easily remedied through lifestyle changes in the less severe cases, look at how many people here escaped depression with a simple plane ticket. There are many more examples out there of the or overtreatment of normal behavior- maybe people are almost as "crazy" elsewhere but they just aren't a viable enough market for the diagnoses to be pushed in their countries. The Philippines would surely be the ADHD Capitol of the World if big pharma cared to label the youth there with something.

Agreed. Many people in the USA look to drugs (legal or script) or alcohol to buffer the negative feelings they have. Sometimes SOME of that is necessary and sometimes there are better ways to deal with life. It's very hard to escape stress here, it's easy to build a cage for yourself with bad decisions, etc.. If you are a responsible person, you will do what it takes to get things taken care of...but it causes severe stress. When the stress becomes too much, you get on prescription anti-anxiety meds as well as blood pressure meds (which is what I'm prescribed currently) so that you don't die of a heart attack or stroke. I don't think this is an uncommon scenario.

I agree with MD above about ADD and ADHD being complete BS in the majority of the cases. Patients get on prescriptions such as Adderall which is AMPHETAMINE. This obviously is NOT good for you and is addicting. It's anyone's guess what the long term effects of consistent use of drugs such as these. I'm betting it does permanent damage.

I used to take Anti-Depressants when I was younger. I was very depressed and felt very alone. This was a period of time when I didn't know much about people, about life or about myself. Once I learned and matured, I could wean myself off of them and never go back. For some people though, they may be of benefit for most of their lives. My aunt had two daughters that had diseases that rendered them completely unable to do anything. She had to take care of them from the time they were born until the day they died....25 years later. She says she would not have been able to handle it without the use of Prozac. I feel this is a good use for the drug. She couldn't do anything other than what she was doing so she just had to find a way to get through it.

There are plenty of mentally/emotionally imperfect people all over the world. Some imperfections are passed on genetically and some imperfections are caused by external forces. Regardless, there are multiple ways of dealing with them. I really don't think the USA has much worse mental health than the rest of the world, we are just diagnosed more and prescription drugs are pushed more here as well. One cannot just give full responsibility of themselves over to some doctor, one MUST take responsibility for themselves to some extent. We are not taught that here in the USA anymore so now here we are....

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1558
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Post by HouseMD » October 30th, 2013, 10:14 pm

I absolutely agree that there are many legitimate uses for antidepressants. The trouble is, we never bother trying to sort out who needs them and who doesn't, who had intractable problems and who could benefit from lifestyle changes or therapy. The same goes for ADD, high blood pressure, etc etc. But that's just America I guess. No one wants to ask the hard questions or make the difficult changes, we would all rather assume it is genetic and incurable so we can take the easy way out via pharmaceuticals.

I would love to see a world in which medicine gave people what they actually needed rather than quick fixes.

jtest28
Freshman Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 9:49 pm
Contact:

Post by jtest28 » November 3rd, 2013, 2:49 am

Why are people so messed up in America? This is the main reason anyway. I've known of this technology since 1980, but with the advent of the Internet, others are catching on: http://www.stopthecrime.net
I like what this woman has on her website. Watch her You Tube videos regarding microwave radiation and/or ELF waves. This form of radiation DOES effect human thinking.

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1558
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Post by HouseMD » November 3rd, 2013, 1:11 pm

jtest28 wrote:Why are people so messed up in America? This is the main reason anyway. I've known of this technology since 1980, but with the advent of the Internet, others are catching on: http://www.stopthecrime.net
I like what this woman has on her website. Watch her You Tube videos regarding microwave radiation and/or ELF waves. This form of radiation DOES effect human thinking.
I have read some stupid shit in my life, but that site really took the derp to eleven. You can easily refute most of the whargharbl coming out of the mouths of these two with a few basic, modern physics classes. Hell, calculate the penetration of microwave radiation in human skin using math rather than trusting some crackpot. You can even measure the output and frequency of supposed microwave emitters in your home using a voltmeter and frequency analyzer, then do the calculations based on that. They aren't controlling your mind, nor can they read it, with microwaves because they just don't penetrate far enough into the human body. They should at least have the decency to claim it is high powered radio waves or some other bullshit that can actually pass through the human body efficiently and be reflected back, its like they are really asking you to double down on the stupid to believe this shit.

jtest28
Freshman Poster
Posts: 333
Joined: January 4th, 2008, 9:49 pm
Contact:

Post by jtest28 » November 3rd, 2013, 5:49 pm

The Earth makes these same frequencies naturally and even what the Earth makes has been proven in the 1960s to effect feeling. But the Earths frequency, called the Schumann resonance, makes people feel GOOD. It's 7.83 hertz, or about that. And when you change this to a different frequency, the effects change. And this also has been proven, none of this stuff s theory. And its been proven that a level of only 1/50th of what the Earth puts out naturally effects human emotions. Are you aware European government stalk about banning this technology? Why would they talk about it if it was all fake, as yous say?

deasil875
Freshman Poster
Posts: 103
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Post by deasil875 » November 5th, 2013, 8:44 am



mguy
Junior Poster
Posts: 749
Joined: November 24th, 2012, 7:09 pm

Post by mguy » November 8th, 2013, 8:55 am

I think it is social isolation. In my experience I just felt that there were too much negative thinking and one up manship in the USA. It didnt help that I studied economics "the dismal science" so I held the idea of everyone upholding their own rational self-interest above others.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?


User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27162
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 9th, 2014, 5:57 am

How America widens our inner schism to make us crazy, psychotic and mentally ill.

After some deep reflection, contemplation, meditation, and listening to Michael Tsarion's lectures on the insanity and inauthenticity of American society, I think I've figured out why there are so many crazy, psychotic, screwed up people in America, and why America has the highest rate of mental illness in the world. I think my theory makes a lot of sense, so please hear me out.

First, let me explain something. We humans are all born broken and fragmented, which all religions tell us. Human nature went through some kind of schism, both biologically and spiritually, some time ago, which is symbolically depicted in creation myths such as the Garden of Eden story in the Bible, and in other ancient myths and legends as well. David Icke even talks about this ancient schism in his lectures.

As such, we are all born fragmented on the inside, which perpetually puts us in an inner struggle -- between good and evil, right and wrong, conflicting thoughts and desires, etc. Animals and plants do not have such inner struggles. They are whole and did not go through the kind of schism that humans did. So if you contrast us with the animals, you can see that we are all born broken and fragmented inside.

Now, what America does is make all this worse. It accentuates and widens this inner schism by conditioning this false fake pseudo-self into us -- one that is very materialistic, workaholic, robotic, superficial, money-driven and focused on consumerism. We have to become this pseudo-self in order to conform and fit into society. But this artificial pseudo-self that America programs into us is always at odds with our true authentic self. So we have this perpetual struggle between our fake self that conforms, and our true self which wants to be free and wild.

Of course, all industrial cultures do this to some degree, not just America, but America seems to take it to the extreme. From personal experience, I've noticed that comparatively speaking, Americans tend to be the most inauthentic people in the world, whereas people in foreign countries are far more down-to-earth and authentic in comparison. (This is even true of England and Canada)

Now if the societal conditioning succeeds, then our artificial self will have beaten our true self into a pulp and gained control. That's what America's system wants. But our true self can never be completely destroyed, so it cries out from within, though we may not hear it or understand it.

This whole process (aka social conditioning) breaks us up even more, and further widens the inner schism that we were already born with. As a result, many Americans become psychotic, crazy, and out of whack. It's like nearly everyone in America carries around issues and baggage, and develops toxic personalities. This, I think, explains why America has the highest rate of mental illness in the world, which even the World Health Organization acknowledges.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news ... staggering
June 1, 2004 -- A World Health Organization study released Tuesday shows that rates of most mental illness are far higher in the U.S. than in any other country in the world.
Growing up in America seems to crush your soul and fragment your psyche into many broken pieces. This deep disconnect and schism not only separates you from others, but it separates you from your own true authentic self as well, which is why it's easy to become so screwed up and out of whack in America.

That's my theory on why American culture f***s people up so bad. I think it adds up and makes a lot of sense.

On a side note: This inner schism I talk about gets even worse when one lives in big American cities. You see, cities are artificial, and as such, they accentuate your pseudo-self, not your authentic self. That's why in American cities, you see so many crazy psychotic people everywhere, and depressed degenerates roaming about as well. City environments simply fragment one further than otherwise. On the other hand, when you are in beautiful nature and connecting with it, you feel a sense of peace and calm inside you. This is because the beauty of nature brings you CLOSER to your true authentic self, not your artificial one programmed by society. This makes a lot of sense I think.

Finally, I've come to realize that the real reason why America claims to be a free country, yet does NOT FEEL like a free country, is this: The biggest loss of freedom in America is not due to its excessive laws (the highest number of laws in the world, ironically), or even to the stress of having to work a job. No, there is something deeper. The biggest loss of freedom in America comes from not being able to be yourself -- your true authentic self. You see, early on, the American school system crushes, suppresses and binds your authentic self, replacing it with an artificial pseudo-self that serves the system. So that lack of freedom you feel deep down inside is really your true authentic self, which has been suppressed and repressed, crying to get out and be free. Hope that makes sense.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » June 9th, 2014, 6:12 am

Winston wrote: On a side note: This inner schism I talk about gets even worse when one lives in big American cities. You see, cities are artificial, and as such, they accentuate your pseudo-self, not your authentic self. That's why in American cities, you see so many crazy psychotic people everywhere, and depressed degenerates roaming about as well. City environments simply fragment one further than otherwise. On the other hand, when you are in beautiful nature and connecting with it, you feel a sense of peace and calm inside you. This is because the beauty of nature brings you CLOSER to your true authentic self, not your artificial one programmed by society. This makes a lot of sense I think.
Winston your theory falls apart rapidly when you look at the most rural parts of America which is filled to the brim with wacked out crazies and extremists. By your reasoning the Appalachians should contain entire villages of wise men meditating on cliff tops about the nature of spirituality and life.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27162
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 9th, 2014, 6:56 am

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: On a side note: This inner schism I talk about gets even worse when one lives in big American cities. You see, cities are artificial, and as such, they accentuate your pseudo-self, not your authentic self. That's why in American cities, you see so many crazy psychotic people everywhere, and depressed degenerates roaming about as well. City environments simply fragment one further than otherwise. On the other hand, when you are in beautiful nature and connecting with it, you feel a sense of peace and calm inside you. This is because the beauty of nature brings you CLOSER to your true authentic self, not your artificial one programmed by society. This makes a lot of sense I think.
Winston your theory falls apart rapidly when you look at the most rural parts of America which is filled to the brim with wacked out crazies and extremists. By your reasoning the Appalachians should contain entire villages of wise men meditating on cliff tops about the nature of spirituality and life.
Not really. Not all rural parts contain beautiful nature. And not all small towns are the same.

You don't meet enough nature lovers to know what I'm talking about. Read books by nature lovers and you will see that they say similar things. (e.g. John Muir) Nature connects you with something more authentic and true. Cities don't. It's obvious. Do more observing and you'll see what I mean.

I've been in lots of Americans towns and cities in the Southwest USA this past month and seen many patterns like the above. Even the park rangers in the US National Parks told me that they felt the same way about cities vs. nature. Any nature lover knows what I'm talking about. I don't think you're one of them.

Even Audrey Hepburn agreed with me. I posted a video of her talking about nature in the thread here about her.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Repatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2533
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 7:39 pm

Post by Repatriate » June 9th, 2014, 2:52 pm

Winston wrote:
Not really. Not all rural parts contain beautiful nature. And not all small towns are the same.

You don't meet enough nature lovers to know what I'm talking about. Read books by nature lovers and you will see that they say similar things. (e.g. John Muir) Nature connects you with something more authentic and true. Cities don't. It's obvious. Do more observing and you'll see what I mean.
Not all nature lovers are the same as the ones you've read in the books either. People are varied and so are their life experiences. People that enjoy nature aren't by default better human beings or more at peace with themselves. That's ridiculous. Adolf Hitler loved long walks in the forests and built a chalet called the eagle's nest so he could enjoy magnificent views of the German Alps. By your definition he must have been a fine human being spiritually in touch with himself because he was a nature lover. :lol:

I've been in lots of Americans towns and cities in the Southwest USA this past month and seen many patterns like the above. Even the park rangers in the US National Parks told me that they felt the same way about cities vs. nature. Any nature lover knows what I'm talking about. I don't think you're one of them.

Even Audrey Hepburn agreed with me. I posted a video of her talking about nature in the thread here about her.
You've never even met me before, talked to me in person, or in fact know anything about me. How do YOU know whether or not I like nature or not? :lol:

Btw just because some people spouted off some platitudes about nature to you doesn't mean your generalization of humanity is true.

Rzhayutik
Freshman Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: June 9th, 2014, 2:54 pm
Location: California

Post by Rzhayutik » June 9th, 2014, 3:30 pm

I today's Last Days and with her sins, America is very likely to go insane. With her lawlessness, immorality, and bad rulers. Surely big numbers of Americans are ending up in mental wards due to this life.
Men's job is to obey God !

KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster
Posts: 155
Joined: June 9th, 2014, 1:53 am
Location: East Asia and California

Post by KokujinKrusader » June 9th, 2014, 4:08 pm

This is no surprise. Even when you want to remain positive, there are others out there for whatever reason that want to kill your positive feelings and drag you down into misery. I experience this from Americans mainly, and other Westerners to a lesser extent in real life and online. I guess that the only countermeasure available is to respond in turn.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27162
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » June 9th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
Not really. Not all rural parts contain beautiful nature. And not all small towns are the same.

You don't meet enough nature lovers to know what I'm talking about. Read books by nature lovers and you will see that they say similar things. (e.g. John Muir) Nature connects you with something more authentic and true. Cities don't. It's obvious. Do more observing and you'll see what I mean.
Not all nature lovers are the same as the ones you've read in the books either. People are varied and so are their life experiences. People that enjoy nature aren't by default better human beings or more at peace with themselves. That's ridiculous. Adolf Hitler loved long walks in the forests and built a chalet called the eagle's nest so he could enjoy magnificent views of the German Alps. By your definition he must have been a fine human being spiritually in touch with himself because he was a nature lover. :lol:

I've been in lots of Americans towns and cities in the Southwest USA this past month and seen many patterns like the above. Even the park rangers in the US National Parks told me that they felt the same way about cities vs. nature. Any nature lover knows what I'm talking about. I don't think you're one of them.

Even Audrey Hepburn agreed with me. I posted a video of her talking about nature in the thread here about her.
You've never even met me before, talked to me in person, or in fact know anything about me. How do YOU know whether or not I like nature or not? :lol:

Btw just because some people spouted off some platitudes about nature to you doesn't mean your generalization of humanity is true.
It's true because 1) I've personally experienced it, and 2) because it makes sense. Cities are artificial and draw artificial people. Anyone can see this from direct observation. Nature is natural and draws authentic people. People out in nature are more friendly, relaxed and genuine. I see it everyday in the Southwest. There's a reason for that. Can you guess what it is?

I would believe my personal experiences over your cynical words any day. We don't even know who you are. So why should we give your words any credibility?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”