Is there competition with local men in foreign countries?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

skeptic wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:It is funny how some posters will talk shit about American women being hypergamous but will use it to their advantage in a foreign country....simping on foreign women..
That's only true with regard to those guys who count on their status as foreigners that would supposedly give them unfair advantage in eyes of foreign women. But there are also those who believe that foreign women are actually not willing to move away from their home country but will miraculously fall for an American guy even though his fellow American girls are not attracted to him. Yet, there is a different phenomenon described above: the foreign girls who look for Western/American men are not the top of the crop in their own population; rather, they represent somewhat a lower class of women.
Here's the thing though, the top of the crop women in any country is generally unavailable to your average guy anyways. However, your average American guy can still do far better overseas dating the average women than with the usual crop of fat American sows he'd have to settle for back home.

Show me a state or city where an average american guy can easily get with a girl that has the same level of attractiveness that's typically found in let's say Brazil or Poland. It's not going to happen.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Repatriate wrote:
skeptic wrote: So, what you're trying to say is that guys who set themselves for foreign dating should realize that, just like here in America the "top" guys get enough options locally, the "top" girls in those countries are getting enough options among their local guys, too. It's the "lower-level losers" who need to go out of their way to meet each other. Do I understanding it right?
I don't know where you're getting the "loser" comment from because I never said people who were less attractive than an 8+ were losers. I think most people lie right at that baseline of 5. The difference is that a 5 in one country may not be a 5 in another. A rather plain jane 5 in Thailand would get a decent bump in the U.S. because asian women are viewed as exotic and sexy by a lot of the horny male population starved for slim petite women with decent personalities.

The fact is there really is a limited selection in the U.S. because of obesity and the gender ratios are wacky in many regions. The west coast in particular.

Repatriate wrote: Are you trying to say that in America most women are heavy and ugly?
I'm saying that there are a lot less attractive women as a proportion compared with let's say EE or even SEA. There are super hot women in the U.S. but not enough women who lie at that 6-7 range for average guys. I don't see how this isn't obvious. To me the contrast is stunning especially after living in SEA for 6 years and coming back to the U.S. and seeing how rare attractive women in a major west coast U.S. are.
+1

Probably the truest thing ever said on this forum.

I just came back from Israel. I would say the average girl walking the streets there would be about a 6-7 in the US. When I first got there, I saw a girl that would almost definitely be a 10 in the US. I was with some locals. They were unimpressed and said that she's about a 7-8 there. I was shocked, but one night out in Tel Aviv proved them right.

Just more proof to me that American girls are ugly as shit.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Maverick wrote:
Just more proof to me that American girls are ugly as shit.
There is some cultural brainwashing. I think when a lot of American guys think of American girls they always default towards the idealized movie and tv stars instead of what's actually in front of them. They bring up Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, etc.. which are highly unattainable for average guys. The only thing that should matter for regular guys is in the proportion of 6-8's you see everyday on the streets or come into contact with. How hot the movie and beauty queens are in a country is completely irrelevant.

I stole this from rooshv forum but really this is what the baseline 5 in the U.S. looks like. This is a very common body type for most American women. In fact in some states like Mississippi, Alabama, Alaska, etc.. she might even be considered a 6.

This land whale would be a solid 1 in Thailand. Maybe 2 if she had money she was willing to spend.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Depends on what your tastes and standards are too.

I remember when I was taking the train with my chocolate-dark Isaan girl, a Thai guy working on the train mockingly yelled at me, "Suay mai?" (Is she pretty?). Then he grabbed his dark-skinned female co-worker on the shoulder and said again "Suay mai?" (Is she pretty?). The guy was asking to pick a fight, but I just said that they're all pretty. My girl then told me that Thai men simply don't like dark women, and I'm the first Asian guy she knew who genuinely liked her dark skin.

However, you'll get plenty of local competition if you're aiming for the middle-class dolls with the "Korean TV looks."

As for Mexico and Guatemala, there is little competition for most women that don't try to emulate models or actresses. There is a slight female surplus in much of Latin America despite the playboy attitudes among the local men. Also, working-class Mexicans don't have that much of a problem with darker skin, and often like "morenitas" a lot. There are lots of Mexican songs praising morenitas (dark women) for their beauty, but such songs are virtually non-existent in Southeast Asia. At most you get songs such as the Khmer classic "ខ្មៅអើយខ្មៅ Kmao Euy Kmao," where the woman tells a guy not to run away from her because of her dark skin.

Last edited by Falcon on July 20th, 2013, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote:Depends on what your tastes and standards are too.

I remember when I was taking the train with my chocolate-dark Isaan girl, a Thai guy working on the train mockingly yelled at me, "Suay mai?" (Is she pretty?). Then he grabbed his dark-skinned female co-worker on the shoulder and said again "Suay mai?" (Is she pretty?). The guy was asking to pick a fight, but I just said that they're all pretty. My girl then told me that Thai men simply don't like dark women, and I'm the first Asian guy she knew who genuinely liked her dark skin.
Here's the problem with this, Thailand is a very class orientated society so if you were trying to network within Thai society for business or anything else you will probably get pushed out of all well connected networks for dating like this. You would not be respected at all because it's a serious faux pas. Since you have a job there which I believe is disconnected from Thai employers I doubt that matters as much but it is a pretty serious thing if you are trying to make connected friends etc..

A U.S. equivalent would be a guy in a business suit showing up to a social function with an What's eating gilbert grape type obese woman from the trailer park with missing teeth. He just won't be taken seriously by anyone. Half the people will think it's a joke.
Last edited by Repatriate on July 20th, 2013, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

There's nothing wrong with wanting to date up. The problem is that western women are so obsessed with it that it rules out most men. On the other hand, non western women are much more flexible. That's the difference.

I have attempted to post this twice.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:Here's the problem with this, Thailand is a very class orientated society so if you were trying to network within Thai society for business or anything else you will probably get pushed out of all well connected networks for dating like this. You would not be respected at all because it's a serious faux pas. Since you have a job there which I believe is disconnected from Thai employers I doubt that matters as much but it is a pretty serious thing if you are trying to make connected friends etc..
Rock and I have discussed this before. He said that once some guy brought his Isaan gf to a corporate meeting in Thailand, and later he was told that doing so was completely inappropriate. I never, ever bring her along when I'm visiting prestigious universities or attending conferences, or even mention her at all.

Middle-age white guys with dark Isaan girls are such a common sight in Bangkok now that people don't even blink or stare at such pairings. But I've noticed such women hardly ever get to seriously date NE Asian guys, not even the Japanese and Korean mongers (I've only seen them doing P4P in the red-light districts, but not seriously dating them). Repatriate, how often would you see foreign Asian guys with dark/Isaan women? I haven't noticed a single such pairing during my time in Bangkok.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

skeptic wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:Outside of America if you don't watch the alternative media, you are not getting the true story on the decay of our society; Socially, politically and economically
Here in America not so many people are into "alternative media" either. Most population is watching/listening to/reading mainstream media, which is perhaps one of the reasons the problems exist.

Outside of America, they are not into "alternative media" in your sense of this word. But some countries, for example Russia and Belarus, have their own, government-backed media, which is programmed to idealize their own government and to demonize America. Of course, most people don't take that propaganda seriously and, instead, tend to think of America as paradize on earth.
I don't know much about China, but I won't be surprised if they have it, too (after all, they are still run by the Communist Party).
Repatriate wrote:There are many decent #6-7 type women to choose from as well as MANY 5's throwing themselves at you and every other swinging dick foreigner who steps off the plane. However once you get to the very top category girls 8+ the models, actresses, etc.. it gets much more difficult because they usually have a lot of options. There are young rich players, local famous people, handsome regular local guys, moguls, etc.. gaming these girls too.
So, what you're trying to say is that guys who set themselves for foreign dating should realize that, just like here in America the "top" guys get enough options locally, the "top" girls in those countries are getting enough options among their local guys, too. It's the "lower-level losers" who need to go out of their way to meet each other. Do I understanding it right?
Repatriate wrote:A slim proportionate body and decent face is scarce in the U.S. but it's standard everywhere else.
Are you trying to say that in America most women are heavy and ugly?
djfourmoney wrote:Men in America need to get out of the scarcity mindset but many won't and its time to leave those people behind
What is "scarcity mindset"?
I would leave the ugly judgement to you, but 62% of American women over age 18 are overweight or obese.

Scarcity mindset? LOL Should be obvious, but it seems most American men are so convinced that they are "not worthy" and so convinced of the rarity of poontang that they will suck shit through a garden hose and put up with all kinds of crap just to sniff some hot girl's panties...

Hot girl walks into the room and most US men go into obsequious mode...most remotely hot
young American women are convinced they shit gold wrapped candy bars, and most American
men are willing to play along with this farce.

Outwest
Last edited by OutWest on July 20th, 2013, 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote: Rock and I have discussed this before. He said that once some guy brought his Isaan gf to a corporate meeting in Thailand, and later he was told that doing so was completely inappropriate. I never, ever bring her along when I'm visiting prestigious universities or attending conferences, or even mention her at all.
If you go to popular places and a Thai person you know sees you dating her he'll assume 1) She's a prostitute 2) You're very weird and low class 3) they shouldn't associate with you

That sounds superficial as hell but that's just how they think.
Middle-age white guys with dark Isaan girls are such a common sight in Bangkok now that people don't even blink or stare at such pairings. But I've noticed such women hardly ever get to seriously date NE Asian guys, not even the Japanese and Korean mongers (I've only seen them doing P4P in the red-light districts, but not seriously dating them). Repatriate, how often would you see foreign Asian guys with dark/Isaan women? I haven't noticed a single such pairing during my time in Bangkok.
In 6 years I never saw a NE Asian guy date a girl as dark as the pic you posted in the other thread. I've seen NE asian guys who date Thais with the golden hued skin tones but usually they have a lot of other attributes such as long sexy legs and pretty faces. Even that's really pushing it in Thai society and most people will assume she's involved in p4p in some way.

The reason why no one cares what the average white guy with a super dark girl is doing because Thais assume the majority of farang are whoremongers anyways. For NE Asia it's a bit different because they assume NE Asians follow the same classical beauty and social standards as Thailand. That's why when a NE Asian guy breaks those boundaries it's really unusual.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Repatriate wrote:In 6 years I never saw a NE Asian guy date a girl as dark as the pic you posted in the other thread. I've seen NE asian guys who date Thais with the golden hued skin tones but usually they have a lot of other attributes such as long sexy legs and pretty faces. Even that's really pushing it in Thai society and most people will assume she's involved in p4p in some way.

The reason why no one cares what the average white guy with a super dark girl is doing because Thais assume the majority of farang are whoremongers anyways. For NE Asia it's a bit different because they assume NE Asians follow the same classical beauty and social standards as Thailand. That's why when a NE Asian guy breaks those boundaries it's really unusual.
I think there's a reason Winston said I was probably the first freethinking Asian he's met in person. :lol:

And yes, she's that dark, if not slightly darker. Beautiful long black hair and great smile. :P Xiongmao has met her in person before, so he can confirm that she does indeed looks like that dark Colombian girl (posted below again). I think Xiongmao will forever remember her as the "bug girl," since she tried to get him to finish a big plate of random creepy-crawlies.

Once we also brought bags of spicy red ants (mot daeng) onto the BTS SkyTrain. Some stares here and there as usual. The central Thais must be thinking that's really baan nork, haha.

I showed pictures of her to my friends in Mexico, and they actually thought she's hot. I think my time in Mexico and Guatemala has really helped me to appreciate women who look like this: Wow! This Filipina is to die for! No one can deny it!

Mind if I see sample pics of the types of girls you date? :D
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote: I think there's a reason Winston said I was probably the first freethinking Asian he's met in person. :lol: Plus, I think that means you'll know how to spot me when I'm in Bangkok.
Yes, you have very unconventional tastes in women. :D I guess standard physical attributes for beauty like body shape, face, etc.. just aren't important to you. I'm not going to lie I probably could not get it up if that Colombian girl were naked and laying in my bed. :lol:
I showed pictures of her to my friends in Mexico, and they actually liked her looks. I think my time in Mexico and Guatemala has really helped me to appreciate women who look like this: Wow! This Filipina is to die for! No one can deny it!
There are exceptions in Thai society. There are quite a few very rich isaan families who are just as dark or darker than the pic you posted of that one Colombian girl. If you look at Thai assembly meetings you'll see quite a few really dark Thais with lots of money and connections. Their sons/daughters go to the elite universities and everything. They may joke around with these people but no one f***s with them and they also tend to date much more attractive people from hi-so circles. That's a case of family name and social class trumping everything else.

Another exception is if the woman is darker hued but very attractive. She has a very pretty face and body with none of the stereotypical "isaan" features and a cultured personality. I have seen creme of the crop middle class darker Thai women like this before and believe me I would not have hesitated to try and ask them out but they were almost always with some thai guy who was obviously from a similar up country background.

Women like that are comparatively rare though. Typical isaan girls tend to be short, dark, and with broad flat noses. They tend to become overweight when they hit their mid 30's-40's too.

:D
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote:
Mind if I see sample pics of the types of girls you date? :D

This girl looks a bit like my ex except this girl has shorter hair.

IMO, this is a very typical 7-8 Thai-Chinese girl. Girl next door type and not glam at all.

These are typical middle class Thai girls.

Again, not glam and these girls are usually pretty friendly in a regular social circle. A bit skinny and small for my taste but still cute and i've met many girls like this.
Last edited by Repatriate on July 20th, 2013, 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Seems like the typical Bangkok Thai crowd, many of whom have Teochow Chinese ancestry.

I'm getting ads like this on my Facebook btw.

Street vendors in Bangkok might look like this though. People with this look almost never make it onto Thai media.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Falcon wrote:Seems like the typical Bangkok Thai crowd, many of whom have Teochow Chinese ancestry.

Yes, very typical Thai-Chinese or Chiang Mai look.

Street vendors in Bangkok might look like this though.

It's not so much the skin tone which makes her unattractive it's the rough angular facial features and scrawny body too. Like I said i've seen dark skinned girls who were hot but it's pretty rare. Usually with the dark skin they have angular rough facial features or the classic SEA "monkey face"
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Falcon wrote:Seems like the typical Bangkok Thai crowd, many of whom have Teochow Chinese ancestry.

Street vendors in Bangkok might look like this though. People with this look almost never make it onto Thai media.

The above ones are cute girls. I take it the lighter skinned ones are not going for the typical monger Thai tourists? How typical are they? I think that they can be hotter if they tanned up somewhat.

The bottom girl looks kinda ruffled. I think if you spruce her up she'd look ok. Last month I was going out with a Thai-American girl (born in Philippines as a refugee) and she was similar to that darker girl but I still found her cuter than the light skinned Asian girls that are in my ivy world. Her body was really petite and she had nice feminine shoulders. She would have been my summer girl if I were not relocating. This girl would be like 80% her. I am hoping there would be more in Thailand of these types.

The Filipina winston put up is not my type. Take away her make-up and she wont be that attractive, she is also older, but to each his own. I'm seeing someone in Phil and she looks similar but prettier than this one. Link does not work... anyways.. I might bring her.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?