Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Debunking the 'they just want your green card / money' claim

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Debunking the 'they just want your green card / money' claim

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:56 am

Folks, I just concluded one of the most revealing dating experiments Ive ever done. It was a simple experiment but the results are absolute proof positive that the success that we Americans or Westerners have on International dating sites such Latin Cupid has nothing to do with money or green card hunters as so many Americans always love to say to explain away why dating success is so much better with foreign women. I even had a female co worker espouse this theory when she overheard me talking about the vast number of attractive beautiful women that I am able to correspond with compared to ZERO on US dating sites. I have disproven two popular theories espoused by the Nay sayers (mostly feminists) regarding foreign women's motivations to date and marry American men. The theories I disproved was the money /greencard theory and the other theory that very young women in their upper teens and early to mid 20's only go for older men (i.e. in their 40's) for money as opposed to it just being their cultural age flexibility.

Ok, what I did was create a fake profile at Latin Cupid. Didnt cost me a dime to do because you only pay if you want to write to the girls, it cost nothing t o set up a profile and recieve messages. I created a fictitious latino male profile. I listed him at 45 yrs old (same as my age), I made him very average looking (as opposed to lower end looks or high end looks) , and did not list any income. I listed him as living in Medellin Colombia. And man, let me tell you, this fake latino male profile got almost the same number of hits of interest and messages as my real AMerican profile!!! I created it at 9Am and by 6pm he had about 12 hits of interest and 5 messages, and thats during the 9-5 working hours where a large % of these ladies are either at school or working. I cant wait to check it Monday morning to see how many more hits he got over the weekend. But irregardless, getting this many hits of interest in just 9 hours proves that the success that American men have with foreign women has NOTHING to do with money or greencard, as this Latino male had none of these things to offer!!!Ya know, when I first did this experiment I was worried that maybe there was a significant degree of truth to the money greencard theory. If so, it would have sort of deflated me a little because all this time, Ive fully believed in the theories espoused by Winston about the REAL reasons why AMerican men have so much success on these sites and when abroad. (male shortages, women needing men, women being more sweet and approachablebeing easier to approach). Of course, even if this experiment had yielded far fewer responses, there still would have been the very reasonable theory about how foreign women believe that American men treat women so much better that still could have accounted for the increased response rates for American men in international online dating.

Secondly, I still recieved many responses from women 18, 19, and early 20 yr olds just like I did with my real American profile, obviously proving that its more about a culture's age flexibility than their thinking the old gringo has money or green card.

So, I will publish the results of this dating experiment on my site under the Myth vs Fact under the subject header "Myth- Foreign women just want your money or greencard". In this section I will challnege any nay sayer who still believes in the money/greencard theory to conduct this experiment themselves. The results will be the same, ....LOTS OF SUCCESSS!, despite the fictitious profile haveing low to no income published and no green card to offer!!! Besides, this matches the USCIS study that came to the same conclusion too, about economics not being a principle motivator in a foreign woman's decision to date and marry foreign men.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX







Postby xiongmao » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:46 am

Interesting experiment. Just keeping running a while so the "new member" syndrome wears off.

It kind of goes against what I'm seeing here on the ground in Thailand. It's kind of hard to get dates with much younger girls (e.g. 18 - 25) - I guess A LOT of these girls are just after £$€.

Well I'll continue my own experiments here. Thailand has such a long history of foreign brides that being a girlfriend is kind of a job here for a lot of girls.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby ladislav » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:51 am

Let them think that! Sheesh! This way we don't have millions of Americans going there. And let them think that all these countries are dangerous and backward.

We don't need the competition!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby Billy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 am

Quite interesting. there was this one guy from columbia who posted here at HA. Maybe he should write his opinion about this as he thought that colombian chics sucked.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 am

ladislav wrote:Let them think that! Sheesh! This way we don't have millions of Americans going there. And let them think that all these countries are dangerous and backward.

We don't need the competition!


It really doesn't matter how often you tell people its all good to go to another country to find a woman, they won't go.

1) Too comfortable in America

2) Dating issue for the most positive thinkers is a temp problem, that's why they are in school to get a MBA.

3) Its feels like a form of desperation and nobody wants to be seen as desperate.

You can hammer it home, dozens and dozens of times. Only about 3-5% will ever get off their asses to date women overseas and even less of those will consider becoming an expat.

You have no competition overseas but for locals.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Banano » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am

Colombian women are gold diggers,

men is always expected to pay and cover all expenses, makes no difference whether you are Colombian or American man


going Dutch wont work with them, in fact it will upset them
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Postby kai1275 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Banano wrote:Colombian women are gold diggers,

men is always expected to pay and cover all expenses, makes no difference whether you are Colombian or American man


going Dutch wont work with them, in fact it will upset them


Real men should pay for a dinner. Don't date 100 whores if you don't have enough money for a date. Most quality women want a traditional gentleman. If you want something less than quality, or a woman that will challenge your position of head of household after marriage, by all means keep dating women with money that prefer dutch.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: Debunking the 'they just want your green card / money' c

Postby kai1275 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:25 pm

steve55 wrote:Folks, I just concluded one of the most revealing dating experiments Ive ever done. It was a simple experiment but the results are absolute proof positive that the success that we Americans or Westerners have on International dating sites such Latin Cupid has nothing to do with money or green card hunters as so many Americans always love to say to explain away why dating success is so much better with foreign women. I even had a female co worker espouse this theory when she overheard me talking about the vast number of attractive beautiful women that I am able to correspond with compared to ZERO on US dating sites. I have disproven two popular theories espoused by the Nay sayers (mostly feminists) regarding foreign women's motivations to date and marry American men. The theories I disproved was the money /greencard theory and the other theory that very young women in their upper teens and early to mid 20's only go for older men (i.e. in their 40's) for money as opposed to it just being their cultural age flexibility.

Ok, what I did was create a fake profile at Latin Cupid. Didnt cost me a dime to do because you only pay if you want to write to the girls, it cost nothing t o set up a profile and recieve messages. I created a fictitious latino male profile. I listed him at 45 yrs old (same as my age), I made him very average looking (as opposed to lower end looks or high end looks) , and did not list any income. I listed him as living in Medellin Colombia. And man, let me tell you, this fake latino male profile got almost the same number of hits of interest and messages as my real AMerican profile!!! I created it at 9Am and by 6pm he had about 12 hits of interest and 5 messages, and thats during the 9-5 working hours where a large % of these ladies are either at school or working. I cant wait to check it Monday morning to see how many more hits he got over the weekend. But irregardless, getting this many hits of interest in just 9 hours proves that the success that American men have with foreign women has NOTHING to do with money or greencard, as this Latino male had none of these things to offer!!!Ya know, when I first did this experiment I was worried that maybe there was a significant degree of truth to the money greencard theory. If so, it would have sort of deflated me a little because all this time, Ive fully believed in the theories espoused by Winston about the REAL reasons why AMerican men have so much success on these sites and when abroad. (male shortages, women needing men, women being more sweet and approachablebeing easier to approach). Of course, even if this experiment had yielded far fewer responses, there still would have been the very reasonable theory about how foreign women believe that American men treat women so much better that still could have accounted for the increased response rates for American men in international online dating.

Secondly, I still recieved many responses from women 18, 19, and early 20 yr olds just like I did with my real American profile, obviously proving that its more about a culture's age flexibility than their thinking the old gringo has money or green card.

So, I will publish the results of this dating experiment on my site under the Myth vs Fact under the subject header "Myth- Foreign women just want your money or greencard". In this section I will challnege any nay sayer who still believes in the money/greencard theory to conduct this experiment themselves. The results will be the same, ....LOTS OF SUCCESSS!, despite the fictitious profile haveing low to no income published and no green card to offer!!! Besides, this matches the USCIS study that came to the same conclusion too, about economics not being a principle motivator in a foreign woman's decision to date and marry foreign men.


I'm not so certain your experiment proves anything except that women prefer men from their own culture over higher qualified men from other cultures. That said, no guy here is going to change their mind just from your post.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby kai1275 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:25 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
ladislav wrote:Let them think that! Sheesh! This way we don't have millions of Americans going there. And let them think that all these countries are dangerous and backward.

We don't need the competition!


It really doesn't matter how often you tell people its all good to go to another country to find a woman, they won't go.

1) Too comfortable in America

2) Dating issue for the most positive thinkers is a temp problem, that's why they are in school to get a MBA.

3) Its feels like a form of desperation and nobody wants to be seen as desperate.

You can hammer it home, dozens and dozens of times. Only about 3-5% will ever get off their asses to date women overseas and even less of those will consider becoming an expat.

You have no competition overseas but for locals.


Perfectly stated.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: Debunking the 'they just want your green card / money' c

Postby Rock » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:37 pm

steve55 wrote:Folks, I just concluded one of the most revealing dating experiments Ive ever done. It was a simple experiment but the results are absolute proof positive that the success that we Americans or Westerners have on International dating sites such Latin Cupid has nothing to do with money or green card hunters as so many Americans always love to say to explain away why dating success is so much better with foreign women. I even had a female co worker espouse this theory when she overheard me talking about the vast number of attractive beautiful women that I am able to correspond with compared to ZERO on US dating sites. I have disproven two popular theories espoused by the Nay sayers (mostly feminists) regarding foreign women's motivations to date and marry American men. The theories I disproved was the money /greencard theory and the other theory that very young women in their upper teens and early to mid 20's only go for older men (i.e. in their 40's) for money as opposed to it just being their cultural age flexibility.

Ok, what I did was create a fake profile at Latin Cupid. Didnt cost me a dime to do because you only pay if you want to write to the girls, it cost nothing t o set up a profile and recieve messages. I created a fictitious latino male profile. I listed him at 45 yrs old (same as my age), I made him very average looking (as opposed to lower end looks or high end looks) , and did not list any income. I listed him as living in Medellin Colombia. And man, let me tell you, this fake latino male profile got almost the same number of hits of interest and messages as my real AMerican profile!!! I created it at 9Am and by 6pm he had about 12 hits of interest and 5 messages, and thats during the 9-5 working hours where a large % of these ladies are either at school or working. I cant wait to check it Monday morning to see how many more hits he got over the weekend. But irregardless, getting this many hits of interest in just 9 hours proves that the success that American men have with foreign women has NOTHING to do with money or greencard, as this Latino male had none of these things to offer!!!Ya know, when I first did this experiment I was worried that maybe there was a significant degree of truth to the money greencard theory. If so, it would have sort of deflated me a little because all this time, Ive fully believed in the theories espoused by Winston about the REAL reasons why AMerican men have so much success on these sites and when abroad. (male shortages, women needing men, women being more sweet and approachablebeing easier to approach). Of course, even if this experiment had yielded far fewer responses, there still would have been the very reasonable theory about how foreign women believe that American men treat women so much better that still could have accounted for the increased response rates for American men in international online dating.

Secondly, I still recieved many responses from women 18, 19, and early 20 yr olds just like I did with my real American profile, obviously proving that its more about a culture's age flexibility than their thinking the old gringo has money or green card.

So, I will publish the results of this dating experiment on my site under the Myth vs Fact under the subject header "Myth- Foreign women just want your money or greencard". In this section I will challnege any nay sayer who still believes in the money/greencard theory to conduct this experiment themselves. The results will be the same, ....LOTS OF SUCCESSS!, despite the fictitious profile haveing low to no income published and no green card to offer!!! Besides, this matches the USCIS study that came to the same conclusion too, about economics not being a principle motivator in a foreign woman's decision to date and marry foreign men.


Steve, your little profile hasn't proven much.

New profiles get a lot of interest initially from a few of the women who hit up most of the new profiles. Now give it a week and examine all the interests and mails. Many will be from girls with children and/or poor girls and most will not be attractive by Colombian standards (which are good IMO). I can tell u the types I saw you take interest in when I met u in Phils for a few hours would not be at all desirable there or in Colombia. Please be careful when you throw around words like beautiful or even attractive. Anyway, that's my prediction. Let's see what happens then u can post photos of the girls who wrote and even share what they wrote. Let's see how accurate my prediction is.

And BTW, it's not about the green card, just the green lol. In case you haven't been following, USA isn't what it once used to be. Emerging economies like Colombia have been growing very briskly in last decade. But money is always an attraction. Lots of older guys in Colombia do the sugar daddy role. It's common in their culture as is P4P. But those are usually side relationships, not the main marriage. Older guy searching for very young girl in Colombia is a signal for sugar daddy / sugar baby relationship, local or gringo.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4120
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Banano » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:12 pm

http://www.romancelatina.com/en/press/?post_id=3

Money
Colombian women love money and the power that comes with it. Money can make or break your relationship. On one hand women like to go out with Gringos and enjoy the expensive dates and vacations they cannot afford. On the other hand this could break your relationship. Some women will ask you for help , with school fees, expenses etc. If you say no, you are afraid this will break the relationship, if you give what she wants , she may be using you to get money !. My advice: if you want a serious relationship never bring money into the picture, make it clear that you are not interested in a relationship that involves money. If you are just looking for a date, and want to be a sugar daddy that is fine, you can pamper them , so they can be your date and make sure she understands the relationship as well. Many gringos feel , colombian girls are really after you wallet !, what ever it is , it is better to lay everything on the table and explain the relationship you are seeking ! they will understand !

Be aware of this scenario ! You meet a beautiful, young, exotic Colombian girl. you spend a great week together. You instantly fall in love with the girl, she introduces you to her parents, and her family. She said "I love you" or "Te queiro mucho", and you said the same. You already decided to marry her, you make a few trips to colombia and every thing is great !. One fine day you learn she is a prepago. All this time , she was just playing games with you to get some money, gifts and to enjoy all the good things. This is your worst nightmare

Prepagos or Not a prepago?
This is a very sticky issue, many guys want to know, if the girl they are dating is a prepago (call girl) or not a prepago. You really have to evaluate on your own. The need for money is the motive to become a prepago. If the Colombian women is from a rich family and from a good family, she is least likely to be a prepago. If she comes from a poor family and comes from a broken family she is more likely to be a prepago. I will give you some rules to evaluate, you can use your own judgement. If she is rich, has good education, she has a good job, she comes from a unified family, she lives with her father and mother then she is least likey to get into the sex trade. Evaluate her family, fathers can be very protective and can be good mentors. If she has a father, who she has a very close relationship with and is living with him, she is very very unlikey to work for money. If on the other hand , she come from a poor neighborhood like Bello, Buenos Aires, Manrique, Guajabal, Robelo areas of Medellin, she is more likely to work or have worked in the sex trade
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: Debunking the 'they just want your green card / money' c

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Rock wrote: Steve, your little profile hasn't proven much.


Respectfully, I do believe it most definitley has. My claim is only that a man can draw interest from many women on these sites and be confident that the interest is not because of their wanting a green card or your money. (Of course you may happen to draw in a few of those types, but overall, its not a issue as my experiment proves) I recieved a lot of interest from women without having a green card or gringo status in my profile. So, havent I proved this point, that a man can draw lots of interest from ladies not looking for that per se??





New profiles get a lot of interest initially from a few of the women who hit up most of the new profiles.


SO? The man still has a chance to date these women. So who cares if its at the beginning or the middle or the end. The bottom line is that the oppurtubity is there.

Now give it a week and examine all the interests and mails. Many will be from girls with children and/or poor girls and most will not be attractive by Colombian standards (which are good IMO).


I agree that with most International type dating sites, while most of the adies are at least ht/wt proportionate, about half are clearly in the lower socio economic status department. But thats ok as you can still draw in a few quality ones who are of a higher socioeconomic status and many with Bachelors degrees or masters degrees. After all, unless you are trying to be a player, you dont need but only just a handfull of quality ones to work with right?



Please be careful when you throw around words like beautiful or even attractive. Anyway, that's my prediction. Let's see what happens then u can post photos of the girls who wrote and even share what they wrote. Let's see how accurate my prediction is.


Cool, great idea. Ill send it to you or wiston to convert in the forum.My tech skills are limited to only how to copy and paste their profiles on a word doc, which Im sure you tech savy guys can convert to be inserted in the forum. I am cinfident that you guys would rate at least 4 of these 11 women with high grades in the looks department, at least a rating of 7 or above. And by the way Rock, 2 of the ladies had masters degrees and 1 a bachleors! NOt bad huh? And these educated ones are descent enough looking too. Well, you can be the judge when you see. What this proves is that a man get many responses from quality women which usually cannot be had on US dating sites, especially in terms of a 40's man looking for women in their upper 20's or mid 30's. Women in the US of this age bracket have no interest in men in their 40s . Im summary, everyone here pretty much knows its near impossible to get a ht/wt prop descent looking women to message you on US dating sites. But you can have such success on foreign dating sites and this experiment proves its not ONLY because you are a gringo , or have a green card or money to offer. I never made a claim beyond this simple point. :D
Last edited by steve55 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Repatriate » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:09 pm

If your profile isn't written in fluent Spanish on a Latino only dating site it's automatically introducing biases into your experiment. The reason why is because if it's written in English they assume the latino writing it may be an expatriate of some kind and has $ as well. It's really not a good test even though I agree with your assertion that you can find loads of decent foreign women who aren't gold diggers/card hunters.

Nearly all the Thais I dated did not want to leave Thailand. They viewed the U.S. as an interesting country to visit but they saw Switzerland, Australia, Korea, etc.. in the same way.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Postby steve55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Repatriate wrote:If your profile isn't written in fluent Spanish on a Latino only dating site it's automatically introducing biases into your experiment. The reason why is because if it's written in English they assume the latino writing it may be an expatriate of some kind and has $ as well. It's really not a good test even though I agree with your assertion that you can find loads of decent foreign women who aren't gold diggers/card hunters.

Nearly all the Thais I dated did not want to leave Thailand. They viewed the U.S. as an interesting country to visit but they saw Switzerland, Australia, Korea, etc.. in the same way.


It was in spanish. I was smart enough to not use a online translator. I had my latino friend from Mexico write the brief profile for me. I took that into acount too. :D Heck, Ill include a copy of the profile I used in addition to the ladies profiles so you guys can see.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby tomasz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 pm

well if you are new to dating women from other countries (like myself) is to simply read profiles and even ask these women.

For example, younger women like around 20, prefer much older guys because they are much more mature, and in my opinion they see them as more stable to settle down to start family.

Issues start happening when people are noobs, they dont do their research when they go online to find foreign brides, then they get scammed. Or they don't understand the culture of the woman, and also they are not honest about what they are looking for. Furthermore, trust your instinct, if she sounds like shes digging for gold, move on
tomasz
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests