Why get married?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why get married?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

A little Anti-Marriage humor to lighten the mood.

Scared Straight Parody - Men in danger of going down the dangerous path of Marriage.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD2dOxGziSU[/youtube]

Don't Marry. Stay MGTOW!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-zBKCOLIS8[/youtube]

Something to think over for men who want to marry - it's about consider what might happen to you after divorce in case there are children.
Follow-up comments are interesting to read.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

For the damn idiots who think "Muurage is jus' guud, for sussiety too!"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyl12Rv6CCw[/youtube]

MGTOW or Death!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expat,
Well, Mr. Smartypants. What is your idea of how children should be raised in society so we can have a stable world for generations to come (including most of our own elder years)? If you get rid of marriage, how are the kids raised to be emotionally healthy, productive citizens?

Of course, your adherance to this ideology is incredibly foolish. You really have no reason to believe that all marriage is bad for all. You hold to it, unthinkingly, as an ideological position. If you were more realistic, you'd at least allow for the fact that some men have good marriages. If culture and law is the problem, most of the world is not in the Anglosphere or Europe, including some of us on this forum. Feminism is the problem, not marriage.

You are also going against the prevailing wisdom of men throughout the ages who led male-dominated societies. Having a woman that no other man can have sex with isn't that bad of thing. It makes a lot of sense, especially if kids are involved.

Btw, I also noticed you list of famous philosphers to support your anti-marriage stance did not do so. You asked me to put up or shut up and name some who did support marriage. I should ask you to put up and show up for your list of philosophers in that other thread. You included philosophers who believed men were more rational or were leaders. That's not the same thing. Was Russeau anti-marriage, for example? I came across something from one of his works which seemed to imply that he accepted marriage as a given.

Your lack of faith in Jesus and your blasphemous attitude toward God won't get you off the hook at the day of judgment. Posting videos made by individuals who have the qualification of being able to open a free YouTube acount and some basic editing skills does not prove your case. Name calling and writing like 'N&*%A$ Jim' spoke in Huckleberry Finn doesn't prove your point, either. The fact that you have to resort to name calling demonstrates the weakness of your case. Calling me names for not agreeing with you won't make me agree with you, and if it works on anyone else, that doesn't say much for their wisdom or intelligence.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote:Contrarian Expat,
Well, Mr. Smartypants. What is your idea of how children should be raised in society so we can have a stable world for generations to come (including most of our own elder years)? If you get rid of marriage, how are the kids raised to be emotionally healthy, productive citizens?
I prefer the abbreviation ConEx. This is not a debate about raising children. It is a debate about how marriage is detrimental to men! Further, if you tell me that when you married, you were doing so for "sussiety" and not because you were temporarily enthralled with a local piece of Indonesian a**, I will call you a liar.
MrMan wrote: You really have no reason to believe that all marriage is bad for all.
Of course it is not bad for all. It is great for the EXPLOITERS of men i.e. women, governments, and commercial/corporate entities that need you to keep buying things for your wife's nest.
MrMan wrote: If culture and law is the problem, most of the world is not in the Anglosphere or Europe, including some of us on this forum. Feminism is the problem, not marriage.
I'm going to do a special thread on this to prove just how wrong you are here. You are an unmitigated FOOL if you truly believe that.
MrMan wrote: You are also going against the prevailing wisdom of men throughout the ages who led male-dominated societies. Having a woman that no other man can have sex with isn't that bad of thing.
Joke is on you here. If you think marriage can stop women from having sex with other men, you are, again, an unmitigated fool.
MrMan wrote: Your lack of faith in Jesus and your blasphemous attitude toward God won't get you off the hook at the day of judgment.
I have news for you. Not everyone in the world believes that your "Jesus" is god. I hate to break it to you. Some people are too smart to fall prey to the dictates of false religious dogma, especially the Christian variety which I blame for making Western men into the barely masculine sycophants for females, men very much like yourself.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expat,

I'm thinking about how sad it must be to have your outlook in life. One thing that I noticed in your recent and past message are comments about women aging, wrinkling. That's one of your reasons for not getting married. If you are really stuck in such a superficial way of valuing people, that is truly sad. And you are 50 or in your 50s? You may be able to work out and pull off looking 30', but it isn't going to last forever. Your skin isn't going to stay young forever. Do you value yourself like you value women? If you get a wrinkle, are you worthless?

There is more to another person than perfect skin. In order for a man to appreciate marriage, he has to be capable of loving a woman, actually loving her as a person. Looks are great and they certainly help get us interested in women. You may think that in the modern age, we can entertain ourselves with the arts or technology. But what good is it to value these aspects of the human experience, if you can't truly value another person? Some of us men do learn to value to companionship of a woman, to actually be able to love her as a person. That's a good thing, not something to be despised. They do get wrinkly. It hasn't really happened to mine that I notice, yet, but I know it's coming. I'm getting older, too. When my wife gets old and wrinkly, she will still be valuable as a person, and I will value and love her. I'm getting older--I've got a few years on her-- and she values and loves me, too.

If I were a young man looking for someone, I'd probably be looking for a girl who ticked my boxes as far as looks went, who appealed to me physically. I found that. But it would be shallow if that's all I looked for.

So my questions for you, not for you to answer, but for you to think about,are these? Are you shallow? Do you just value people (or women) based mainly on their looks? Do you know how to love another human being? Can you love a woman?

If you can't, I think you should really go full-fledged MGTOW and not date at all. If you are capable of mercy, you could let this 19-year-old go for her own good, too. She doesn't need to be with a man who only places value on a woman if she doesn't have wrinkles or isn't fat. And she doesn't need to be with a man that doesn't believe in marriage. We should probably be able to agree that marriage is good for women, even if we do not agree that it is good (or can be good) for men. If you care about her, let her be with a guy who will marry her, even if you consider that guy a loser for wanting to get married.

Maybe you don't believe Jesus died for you, either. But to look down on the idea of it, someone giving HIs life for ou, and not to appreciate the concept, is pretty bad. You should be thankful for the sacrifice Jesus made. Based on your posts, it sounds like you have a very selfish philosophy of doing what's good for you. If you live like that, you've probably committed a lot of sins against God. Whether you believe it or not, it's still sin against God. And for God to offer His Son like that for yoru salvation when you are His enemy, you should be thankful for that.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
MrMan wrote:Contrarian Expat,
I prefer the abbreviation ConEx. This is not a debate about raising children. It is a debate about how marriage is detrimental to men! Further, if you tell me that when you married, you were doing so for "sussiety" and not because you were temporarily enthralled with a local piece of Indonesian a**, I will call you a liar.
Don't be such a small thinker. You are being very inconsistent. One sentence you make will be very selfish, about what is good for you. Then you want to give advice for all men-- that's 'big picture.' If you are going to give advice for all the men in the world about marriage, you should think about the consequences of your advice for all the men. If you are really concerned about men--and your tender, compassionate, emphathetic heart is so burdened with their plight-- you should think about the implications of your advice on them.

Boys grow to become men. If all the men listened to you and did not marry, then who would raise the boys? Women by themselves? Is that good for boys? That is more likely to encourage a female-dominated society where men cower before women. Your advice may just lead to more of the things you hate about the world.

Boys raised without fathers will be more likely to be hooligans and spraypaint your car or rob you on the street at night if you reach 80 or older and are less able to defend yourself.

Also, you gave me a list of philosophers who you claimed were in favor of your anti-marriage philosophy (which did not seem to be true based on my non-exhaustive exposure to their ideas). If you read philosophy, you should be accustomed to thinking about the broader implications of an ideology on the world around you.
MrMan wrote: If culture and law is the problem, most of the world is not in the Anglosphere or Europe, including some of us on this forum. Feminism is the problem, not marriage.
I'm going to do a special thread on this to prove just how wrong you are here. You are an unmitigated FOOL if you truly believe that.
And what are you if you think you can prove such a thing in your thread? What is your proof going to be this time? More name-calling and insisting other posters actually mean the opposite of what they say?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyl12Rv6CCw[/youtube]
There are now a huge number of videos, forums, blogs etc. on the internet.
As a man you really cannot say 'I did not know' when it is too late. You had plenty of time to inform yourself about all might happen to you during marriage and after divorce.

I can only say it again, marriage in Western countries is a clear 'NO' for any honest hardworking man as the legal situation is totally against the male, creating basically a 2nd class citizen.

It's not only against men, but in case of children even against boys. It should also be mentioned that a huge part of all marriages are ending in divorce, so why even to try it?

There are other reasons too, unfortunately - it's about the economic situation. When I was still young, I could find easily a good long-term job within a few days, writing a few letters to companies. Today men are often looking out for many months, accepting jobs which are only temporarily and in USA often based only on tips and not on a fixed salary.

Housing is another big question, it was possible for me, while only 20 years old to buy my own small condominium unit in Vienna, Austria within the inner districts. Nowadays no way to do that without signing up for housing loans. How can you even get a loan without a good permanent employment?

And the funny point remains unchanged: It is the man, who should provide everything, while the woman is merely 'moving in' without contributing anything - how can a young man in today's world earn so much money if you don't have rich parents helping you out?

Oh, yes, not to forget, in some Western countries there are females who will even ask for a diamond ring without any consideration how many hours a man has to work to buy her such expensive jewelry... LOL

MGTOW means to learn to say 'NO'!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

MrMan wrote: If you are capable of mercy, you could let this 19-year-old go for her own good, too. She doesn't need to be with a man who only places value on a woman if she doesn't have wrinkles or isn't fat. And she doesn't need to be with a man that doesn't believe in marriage.
She is not thinking about marriage. She is thinking about being with and learning from the man of highest value she has ever met and will likely meet in her life. She knows she is too worldly for the small country in which she lives and she values me as a strong, male, figure since her own father died some years ago. I don't think she would go away so easily even if I wanted her to. Nice try.
MrMan wrote: Maybe you don't believe Jesus died for you, either. But to look down on the idea of it, someone giving HIs life for ou, and not to appreciate the concept, is pretty bad. You should be thankful for the sacrifice Jesus made. Whether you believe it or not, it's still sin against God. And for God to offer His Son like that for yoru salvation when you are His enemy, you should be thankful for that.
I think you are a bit old to be still believing in Christian fairy tales. Again, most of the world recognizes Christianity for what it really is so if you think you can "Christian shame" me think again. Might work on you, but most of us are unmoved by the magical thinking of your dying religion.

But it just goes to show that if you don't have the intellectual wherewithal to move beyond Christian fairy tales, you don't have it to view marriage as it really is either.

Do know that I don't interact with you to convince you.; you are a lost cause. I write to illustrate the truth to the legions of quiet readers who can find value in hearing the opposite message than what society grooms them to believe.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Some people choose not to believe. Some people are incapable of believing. Each man gets a choice whether he wants to believe or not. I never push hard if they refuse. I will say though, that believers will go on to eternal life and will get to live again forever in God's new earth which He will create, where life will be even better than this, because God Himself and His fullness will be with us. Others will go on to eternal punishment, with unquenchable heat, and black darkness, and torments forever, because they refused to believe in the Lord, and therefore their sins were not covered. All you have to do to enter God's new earth, His eternal Kingdom, is simply to believe in Christ.

But if a person chooses death over life, what can I do? I don't pursue them after they tell me no directly. It is quite clear for Mr Contrarian Expatriate that he has certainly made his choice.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:Some people choose not to believe. Some people are incapable of believing. Each man gets a choice whether he wants to believe or not. I never push hard if they refuse. I will say though, that believers will go on to eternal life and will get to live again forever in God's new earth which He will create, where life will be even better than this, because God Himself and His fullness will be with us. Others will go on to eternal punishment, with unquenchable heat, and black darkness, and torments forever, because they refused to believe in the Lord, and therefore their sins were not covered. All you have to do to enter God's new earth, His eternal Kingdom, is simply to believe in Christ.

But if a person chooses death over life, what can I do? I don't pursue them after they tell me no directly. It is quite clear for Mr Contrarian Expatriate that he has certainly made his choice.
Do you "Christians" still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too? They are about as absurd as Christianity, as well as all other religions are to me.

It is more sad than anything that you guys have this malarkey so ingrained in your psyches. You've accepted the mental prison that so few in the world see as valid and you actually think that it impacts your afterlife. :lol:

Do you guys believe in red little devils with pitchforks too? Sheesh, grow up now would you? Religious fairy tales are for children. Those that scare little children to be adults like you are morally evil acts when I consider the damage to you.

But back to marriage, don't do it, especially if you want to live a free and uncomplicated life. Christianity, as well as other faiths, are responsible for some of history's greatest injustices and wrongs. That it is our two "Christians" encouraging marriage against the best interests of men on this forum, it is high time for Christianity to go the way of the dodo bird. Looks like it is on that path already which is a darn good thing.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

mguy wrote:The older I get, the less marriage becomes an appealing factor for me.

Why would anyone want to get married?

I imagine marriage as this one way ticket to suburbia or mediocrity. I'd rather have gfs than a wife. Why are guys looking to get married? Is it something that is thrown at them? I don't wanna get married nor do I want a family of my own.
Personally, I have nothing against marriage, and the institution of marriage itself isn't the issue that is at fault. The problem with marriage is that the institution of marriage, at least in the United States, has been hijacked by corrupt Courts and it's now an institution that is used against couples who decide to get married. In short, if you sign a marriage license you're allowing a 3rd party to legally become involved in your personal life to where the Courts, through lawyers, now have the legal authority to take your kids away from you, hall you off to jail, force you to sell assets, force you to pay alimony, and force you to pay all kinds of fines and fees that could go on for years let alone all the money you have to pay a lawyer just to defend yourself. From top to bottom the whole divorce Court is a scam that instigates maximum strife and conflict between couples in order to prolong divorce proceedings and plunder peoples wealth. In other countries, divorce is just a simple process and nobody has an incentive to divorce out of pure financial reasons.

Ideally, I think the best setup is to have a wife as a long-term companion and then have escorts, brothels or "minor wives" on the side for pure sexual pleasure and variety with your wifes approval.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on September 19th, 2017, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

mguy wrote:The older I get, the less marriage becomes an appealing factor for me.

Why would anyone want to get married?

I imagine marriage as this one way ticket to suburbia or mediocrity. I'd rather have gfs than a wife. Why are guys looking to get married? Is it something that is thrown at them? I don't wanna get married nor do I want a family of my own.
Double Post.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on September 19th, 2017, 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Adama wrote:Some people choose not to believe. Some people are incapable of believing. Each man gets a choice whether he wants to believe or not. I never push hard if they refuse. I will say though, that believers will go on to eternal life and will get to live again forever in God's new earth which He will create, where life will be even better than this, because God Himself and His fullness will be with us. Others will go on to eternal punishment, with unquenchable heat, and black darkness, and torments forever, because they refused to believe in the Lord, and therefore their sins were not covered. All you have to do to enter God's new earth, His eternal Kingdom, is simply to believe in Christ.

Do you "Christians" still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too? They are about as absurd as Christianity, as well as all other religions are to me.

It is more sad than anything that you guys have this malarkey so ingrained in your psyches. You've accepted the mental prison that so few in the world see as valid and you actually think that it impacts your afterlife. :lol:

Do you guys believe in red little devils with pitchforks too? Sheesh, grow up now would you? Religious fairy tales are for children. Those that scare little children to be adults like you are morally evil acts when I consider the damage to you.

But back to marriage, don't do it, especially if you want to live a free and uncomplicated life. Christianity, as well as other faiths, are responsible for some of history's greatest injustices and wrongs. That it is our two "Christians" encouraging marriage against the best interests of men on this forum, it is high time for Christianity to go the way of the dodo bird. Looks like it is on that path already which is a darn good thing.

Personally it doesn't matter to me whether you believe or not. It also doesn't matter to me whether you get married or not. The only thing that can be done is to present the warning. Whether the warning is heeded is up to the one that hears it. I will not beat a dead horse.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:

Personally it doesn't matter to me whether you believe or not. It also doesn't matter to me whether you get married or not. The only thing that can be done is to present the warning. Whether the warning is heeded is up to the one that hears it. I will not beat a dead horse.
What part of "I'm not a Christian, dumbass" do you not get?